Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update - July 31st - The island farm!

Comments

• Goodfella4Goodfella4 Posts: 432
    edited 04.08.2014
    The new decors look nice, but they are enormous. 7x7 and 7x6 decorations with happiness up to 135. 5x5 with 90 happiness is pretty cool. I wonder if there are gold decorations and how that will work with the farm going away after 30 days. Gonna be weird to pay for a gold decoration and have it taken away after a few weeks. Cant wait for the event to start on US1 server so all the speculation can be gone with.
  • mailtoanjali2242mailtoanjali2242 Posts: 4
    edited 04.08.2014
    how to enter in airport??n go to island??
  • rhon (GB1)rhon (GB1) Guest, GB1 Posts: 1,542
    edited 04.08.2014
    how to enter in airport??n go to island??
    You can't yet

From the Official Announcement
    Reminder: Please keep in mind that events will not always start right after the respective update took place. Sometimes it can take some days before you can see all new additions for the first time. This is perfectly normal and not a bug!
    In the Official Duscussion Thread Latten said
    Latten wrote: »
    We want to be sure everything works properly :) If we start the event, it will not be on the big servers first, just in case we still find bugs and problems. When we're at least sure everything will work, the event will be started on all servers.

This may indeed take some time, maybe even a day, but I think it shouldn't take longer than that.
  • farmerkit2farmerkit2 Posts: 177
    edited 04.08.2014
    Goodfella4 wrote: »
    I wonder if there are gold decorations
    I suppose the ones with gold background are gold decorations and the ones without are not. At least that's how it works for other decorations...
  • Griffith (INT1)Griffith (INT1) Posts: 768
    edited 04.08.2014
    kbahr0072 wrote: »
    Go to the deco tower as stated in other posts here.

oh i see ty,
    the value of that 135 happiness deco is not highest though, in 5x5 comparison its only about 69 happiness
    the best deco there seems to be +90 sand palace, second by sand fortress with value of 85 in 5x5 comparison, and third by sand castle with value of 78 in 5x5 comparison
  • Griffith (INT1)Griffith (INT1) Posts: 768
    edited 04.08.2014
    farmerkit2 wrote: »
    I suppose the ones with gold background are gold decorations and the ones without are not. At least that's how it works for other decorations...

i dont think so, the first 3 deco with gold background are chapter prizes, and the 4 other with no gold background are the ones we will get with exchanging shells i think. so all of them will be available for all players (as long as they can finish the event and all chapters ofc)
  • sdfktgksdfktgk Posts: 140
    edited 04.08.2014
    it would behoove them to at least give a "ok, maybe within 3 hours, maybe tomorrow" type of heads up here somehow. A lot of people are in a dead zone holding pattern over this. No clue how many certs, cash or upgrade anything can or will happen, so we're all deadlocked. Not cool.
  • ss02092ss02092 Posts: 772
    edited 04.08.2014
    farmerkit2 wrote: »
    Griffith wrote: »
    i dont think so, the first 3 deco with gold background are chapter prizes, and the 4 other with no gold background are the ones we will get with exchanging shells i think. so all of them will be available for all players (as long as they can finish the event and all chapters ofc)

As Griffith says the golden ones are chapter end decos.

Refer this post by Nafaru.
  • Daniel M (AU1)Daniel M (AU1) Posts: 30
    edited 04.08.2014
    Volty wrote: »
    We have no need to place huge island decor to our usual farms. And at the island we'll have no choice and no old decorations to compare with )

And I'm watching for sandcastles ))) Nice happiness )))

Actually we are able to have these decos on our old farms according to one of the teasers. :)

(Our friend Benny likes these shells a lot and offers you to trade them for different goods. As soon as he shows up near your farms with his specifically redesigned truck, you can exchange shells for special new seeds for future use in the greenhouse, as well as all island farm decorations, that you would not be able to use on your regular farms if it were not for this exchange!)
  • MoonionsRule (US1)MoonionsRule (US1) US1 Posts: 491
    edited 04.08.2014
    From the looks of it - the world server WWW1 already has the Island working - the decos conversations above, right? May we also know when the us1 server gets working !! The airport is unlocked, but the pop-up mssg still states "the event is not available" :(

when ? aprox. time would be good - coding is a very precise trade, giving more accurate timing, would be great. So we can play the game - aka spend money, do upgrades etc etc in meantime.....pls
  • Lilypaddle (INT1)Lilypaddle (INT1) Posts: 614
    edited 04.08.2014
    Also noticed that when going to the farms to water the co-op tree it doesn't go right to tree, I have to scroll to get to the tree. Anyone else notice this?
  • svire (INT1)svire (INT1) Posts: 41
    edited 04.08.2014
    From the looks of it - the world server WWW1 already has the Island working - the decos conversations above, right? May we also know when the us1 server gets working !! The airport is unlocked, but the pop-up mssg still states "the event is not available" :(

when ? aprox. time would be good - coding is a very precise trade, giving more accurate timing, would be great. So we can play the game - aka spend money, do upgrades etc etc in meantime.....pls

MoonionsRule, I'm on www1 server and we don't have the island yet, no one has it. As for the deco conversations everyone can see them on the 13th floor of deco tower :)
    edited 04.08.2014
    svire wrote: »
    MoonionsRule, I'm on www1 server and we don't have the island yet, no one has it. As for the deco conversations everyone can see them on the 13th floor of deco tower :)

ahhh, thanks so much svire, I thought maybe the Island is being tested on world server ;)
    but it seems we all in same boat :) rather boat-ship is working, we got no plane , lol
  • Maria899679 (US1)Maria899679 (US1) US1 Posts: 133
    edited 04.08.2014
    The event is available on Russian server, I just visited their forum and saw photos of new event farm ;)

I can't wait that event starts on other servers too, looks fun from photos I saw there :)
  • garrett355garrett355 Posts: 13
    edited 04.08.2014
    how much more time i cant wait no more :)
  • Andy128 (RU1)Andy128 (RU1) RU1 Posts: 2,526
    edited 04.08.2014
    Daniel M3 wrote: »
    Actually we are able to have these decos on our old farms according to one of the teasers. :)

(Our friend Benny likes these shells a lot and offers you to trade them for different goods. As soon as he shows up near your farms with his specifically redesigned truck, you can exchange shells for special new seeds for future use in the greenhouse, as well as all island farm decorations, that you would not be able to use on your regular farms if it were not for this exchange!)

I know, that we are able to buy these decos for main farms, but as I said it's not necessary (at least on my farm it will
    reduce the happiness - bad deal).
    And as I already know we'll need shells and new seeds for future upgrades )
    The event is available on Russian server, I just visited their forum and saw photos of new event farm ;)

I can't wait that event starts on other servers too, looks fun from photos I saw there :)

It's not available on Russian server ;) But as Latten said - there are SMALL servers, and farmers gave some spoilers on our forum ))
    edited 04.08.2014
    maxiroy2 wrote: »
    Also noticed that when going to the farms to water the co-op tree it doesn't go right to tree, I have to scroll to get to the tree. Anyone else notice this?

Hmm, the game is not slowing down - that's one good news, the trees are good for me.
    However we do got one glitch, we have noticed and it started this morning , so must have happened after the update. All the Project names are "messed-up", they inherited from the task BOOK, as far as I remember...

here is a screen shot of "new, unfortunate Projects names"
    F7A80if.png

from the looks of it, our pigs will be laying eggs now, hahahahahahaaa... well always wanted to make the piggies more useful ;)
    "One pig a day keeps an Apple away" as we joked in our co-op, this afternoon :)
    edited 04.08.2014
    when is the update expected to take place? If you know please tell me
  • Maria899679 (US1)Maria899679 (US1) US1 Posts: 133
    edited 04.08.2014
    Volty wrote: »

It's not available on Russian server ;) But as Latten said - there are SMALL servers, and farmers gave some spoilers on our forum ))

Ok thanks for the info Volty! I haven't read the forum, my Russian is poor so I just saw the photos, looks so nice anyway :)
  • jaystarr2jaystarr2 Posts: 1,657
    edited 04.08.2014
    I've been singing the "If you like Pina Coladas" song in anticipation of the island for three days and it still isn't here. :(

Okay, I know this has happened multiple times with GGS updates, but I wonder: What's the point of having a deadline to release something when you can freely and constantly push things back? If that's the case, why not put yourself on a more realistic schedule and just announce that you'll release it (without bugs or lags or whatever) next week, and give yourself time to actually develop the event without constantly failing to meet deadlines?
    edited 04.08.2014
    I can post a link to Russian Forum, where you can see & read (after using google translate) about the Island a bit, there is a few screenshots there too, so you can look at the Island, produce & animals.

Russian Forum - Island update

this is the island view courtesy of our russian friends , thanks
    Attachment not found.
  • FarmerMomelliotFarmerMomelliot Posts: 7
    edited 04.08.2014
    When do we take flight?
  • Lilypaddle (INT1)Lilypaddle (INT1) Posts: 614
    edited 04.08.2014
    jaystarr2 wrote: »
    I've been singing the "If you like Pina Coladas" song in anticipation of the island for three days and it still isn't here. :(

This song is still in my head from you posting yesterday, don't make me prank your farm! LOL
  • holidayrox (US1)holidayrox (US1) US1 Posts: 328
    edited 04.08.2014
    I can post a link to Russian Forum, where you can see & read (after using google translate) about the Island a bit, there is a few screenshots there too, so you can look at the Island, produce & animals.

Russian Forum - Island update

this is the island view courtesy of our russian friends , thanks
    Attachment not found.

Thank you for posting this link. I was able to look at the forum with google translate! So wish it would start on US server NOW!!
  • Tony44Gamer (INT1)Tony44Gamer (INT1) Posts: 94
    edited 05.08.2014
    why does it say flight not available
  • jt123 (INT1)jt123 (INT1) Posts: 14
    edited 05.08.2014
    Does anyone know how many certificates it will take to unlock the island?
  • FarmerJojoBell3FarmerJojoBell3 Posts: 48
    edited 05.08.2014
    Well, the lady with the car full of money has come. My guess is so you have a chance to get the extra cash to work the island tomorrow... Just my thought. Not that the gold to money deal is that great, but if someone is deperate for some cash for the island I guess it works.
    jt123 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how many certificates it will take to unlock the island?

Nobody knows yet.

Edit by PINJO: merged posts, please use edit button
  • Niryn (INT1)Niryn (INT1) INT1 Posts: 255
    edited 05.08.2014
    Seeing it beginning on smaller servers gives hope that it's not far from ready to open on the bigger ones as well I think! ^-^
    If no big bugs suddenly appear that is ;o
    Thanks for linking the thread and screenshot, it looks super beautiful and inviting, can't wait!~
    edited 05.08.2014
    how much more till the US1 server will get the update.
  • FarmerMomelliotFarmerMomelliot Posts: 7
    edited 05.08.2014
    lol! you are just to funny..... I'll see you on the island.
    maxiroy2 wrote: »
    This song is still in my head from you posting yesterday, don't make me prank your farm! LOL

lol!!! You are just too funny! I'll see you on the island

Edit by PINJO: merged posts, please use edit button
Sign In to comment.