Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Suggestion about the Gold using trap (handbook offers), gold lock and a gold bank

Since I just again for the umpteenth time(*) was a split-second from buying an unwanted handbook, I find time to again try to awaken GGS's attention was called around a really good suggestion to solve the problem of unwanted gold use.
(*) It's have been very close more ofen than I can remember the number. :(

The suggestion was a bank where we can store that gold we don't want to use by accident in gold-traps like e.g. those handbooks sales whitch suddenly can popup in the same second where I just try to click on a building.

If we have a gold-bank, I would have stored so much of my gold in that gold-bank, so if I have hit the buy button in the handbook sale instead my building, the accident would not have been worser than I'll get a message which tells me I don't have enough gold available for buy that book.

It's several month ago that handbook gold-trap was created, and we have several times since then ask for it to be removed from the dangerous farm-area, but nothing is happen, even it as far I know just is a question to change the x and y coordinate where that handbook sale popup.

I hope this time GGS will offer this thread enough attention to at least to tell us a "yes, that a good idea with a gold bank, we can use that idea", or a "No, we will not do anything to stop unwanted accident use of gold!"

And no, the original idea with a gold-bank is unfortunately not mine, the original suggestion is this thread which GGS until now totaly have ignored:
http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/showthread.php?114441-An-alternative-to-the-dreaded-gold-lock
Post edited by BriannospamGame (SKN1) on

Comments

• jaystarr2jaystarr2 Posts: 1,657
    edited 01.08.2014
    Seconded. There are a whole heap of possible misclicks lying around. And I know some people will be like "well just be careful and I've never made a mistake etc. etc." but if there are also a considerable number of people who (at least self-reportedly) make this error, why not prevent it? :P
  • Kevin3Farmer2Kevin3Farmer2 Posts: 36
    edited 01.08.2014
    Thirded.

I left the game about 6 months ago because of one of these, and the unprofessional way it was handled by the staff. I'm just back, and hoping not to be offended against again.

My own suggestion is that gold purchases should require a confirmation. Perhaps with a user-set trigger limit, so small purchases would go right through. This would have much the same effect as a bank, with less work to implement it. I think.
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 01.08.2014
    Fourthded!? I really hate it when I see a player posting in the Forum their loss of gold this way. They are so distraught and/or angry and all they did was make a simple misclick! And it happens again and again and nothing is ever done about it. WE know this problem can be corrected. THEY know this problem can be corrected. But it's not being done. You do the math.
  • AphasiaAphasia Posts: 223
    edited 01.08.2014
    The reason it's not being corrected is because it's not a problem for them. GGS likely gains more revenue from misclicks than they're losing from disgruntled players.
  • rie222rie222 Posts: 1,074
    edited 01.08.2014
    I wrote a thread about this a while back. It of course was ignored by GGS. I am so sick of the handbook popups exactly for this reason. You can be clicking on your farm and that pop up can just come up and boom you bought yourself a handbook you never intended to buy. It has already happened to me. Did anyone from GGS comment back..No of course not the thread was ignored of course...That pop up is the biggest hinderance and the biggest cause of concern. Some of those pop ups can cost over 40k of gold. If it keeps popping up and if you keep accidentally clicking on it, that can cost quite a bit. A gold bank would definitely be nice one but 2. it really would be nice if that would not pop up anymore.
  • dragonpridedragonpride Posts: 574
    edited 01.08.2014
    gee if only there were some sort of confirmation window that would pop up and ask an individual if they were sure that they wanted spend gold on such things.i mean creating a whole new island farm is one thing,but a pop up? now were simply asking too much of them.
  • BriannospamGame (SKN1)BriannospamGame (SKN1) Posts: 1,803
    edited 01.08.2014
    rie222 wrote: »
    I wrote a thread about this a while back. It of course was ignored by GGS. I am so sick of the handbook popups exactly for this reason. You can be clicking on your farm and that pop up can just come up and boom you bought yourself a handbook you never intended to buy. It has already happened to me.

I remember that thread rie, but I did'nt know you have buy a unwanted handbook because it popup where you want to click on a building, I thougt you like me only have been very close to do it.
    Did you try to complain to support then in the hope they would let the unwanted buy go back?
  • kbahr007 (US1)kbahr007 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,841
    edited 01.08.2014
    I have been doing this for awhile and luckily I have only had 1 or 2 times I accidentally clicked on purchasing or upgrading something, I am just very careful when I do
    edited 01.08.2014
    kbahr0072 wrote: »
    I am just very careful when I do

That will not help you, if that booksale popup 1/10 second after your brain have sendt order to your finger to click at the building just under where there booksale popup.
    Depending on circumstances, a person's normal reaction time between 1 and 2 seconds.
    - If prepared, the reactime time can be down to about half a second, but less is simply impossible.
    edited 01.08.2014
    I remember that thread rie, but I did'nt know you have buy a unwanted handbook because it popup where you want to click on a building, I thougt you like me only have been very close to do it.
    Did you try to complain to support then in the hope they would let the unwanted buy go back?

No I didn't because I was told that complaining to support is futile in accidentally spending gold even though that popup with the library books is really not accidentally spending. I really consider that GGS's fault entirely. Thanks Brian.
    edited 02.08.2014
    If a day I buy a handbook because it popup in the same second i try to click on one of my buildings, I'll complain to support.
    I'm not sure about the law will call that type of trap selling theft or humbug or fraud. But I think it's in the real world buissness is illegal to making traps so costumers are forced to buy things they don't want to buy.

In my eyes it would be the same if all shops have that rule that you are forced to buy everything what comes in your cart when you are in the store.
    Now see that scenario you are shopping in a store with a cart. When you go around in the shop, one of the shops workers put something in your cart you not have planned to buy.
    But now where it is placed in your cart, you are forced to buy that thing whatever you want it or not, you can not denied to buy it because it now is in your cart.
    edited 02.08.2014
    If a day I buy a handbook because it popup in the same second i try to click on one of my buildings, I'll complain to support.
    I'm not sure about the law will call that type of trap selling theft or humbug or fraud. But I think it's in the real world buissness is illegal to making traps so costumers are forced to buy things they don't want to buy.

In my eyes it would be the same if all shops have that rule that you are forced to buy everything what comes in your cart when you are in the store.
    Now see that scenario you are shopping in a store with a cart. When you go around in the shop, one of the shops workers put something in your cart you not have planned to buy.
    But now where it is placed in your cart, you are forced to buy that thing whatever you want it or not, you can not denied to buy it because it now is in your cart.

Your right its entrapment...and as I see it right now this thread is being ignored just like the one I started Brian..hmm wonder why....
    edited 02.08.2014
    At the moment it's weekend in Germany.
    We can only hope a GGS representative wil give a reaction on monday.
    edited 02.08.2014
    I hope they do something about it. I bought pig boosters AND pig feed boosters...I don't even have pigs...
    edited 02.08.2014
    kbahr0072 wrote: »
    I have been doing this for awhile and luckily I have only had 1 or 2 times I accidentally clicked on purchasing or upgrading something, I am just very careful when I do

It's not like the rest of us click on unwanted gold deals because we are uncoordinated with clumsy oafish mittens for hands.

We're also careful, but because of the location of the popups (which we don't have control over or can't opt out of), sometimes misclicks are inevitable.

Maybe an option to minimize misclicks is to reduce the amount of gold deals that get shoved in your face, but it's not like that's going to happen anytime soon. :P
  • Pingo42Pingo42 Posts: 537
    edited 02.08.2014
    jaystarr2 wrote: »
    It's not like the rest of us click on unwanted gold deals because we are uncoordinated with clumsy oafish mittens for hands.

Heheh. I've managed to never click on an unwanted gold deal, but in my case it's probably because I'm slow, not because my oafish mittens are any less clumsy than anyone else's.

But I agree with the other posters here - the pop-ups make unintended purchases very difficult to avoid. And really, GGS needs to understand that "trapping" people into misclicking and then holding people to these accidental purchases is not good business practice. At the very least it's unethical, and may actually be against whatever laws would apply. It wouldn't be difficult for them to fix the problem. A "verify purchase" button would do it, has been suggested. Or have the popup be just a notification of the sale, without the purchase button, then those wanting to purchase could click the icon to actually buy.

Edit: I just have to add - Jaystarr, you certainly have a way with words! :D
  • MrSaece (INT1)MrSaece (INT1) INT1 Posts: 147
    edited 02.08.2014
    i recently bought a farmland, by accident, that cost me ± 6000 pieces of gold..now i'm cosindering on breaking my 'no gold purchasing' rule..which i did break it once due to a similar occasion..only much lesser gold was spent..darn it GGS.. :)
    edited 03.08.2014
    Pingo42 wrote: »
    Or have the popup be just a notification of the sale, without the purchase button, then those wanting to purchase could click the icon to actually buy.

To me, that's also would be an acceptable solution on the problem with these popup booksales.
    - acceptable, not optimal because as long these popups shows up in my farm area they blockade me for harvesting and start production i few seconds until I have removed the popup by closing it.
    - In missions sometimes few seconds can be the diffence to make an extra harvest production or not.
  • Bena ZirBena Zir Posts: 3
    edited 03.08.2014
    I agree, it's far too easy to spend gold unintentionally on those gold pop-ups, especially with my slow PC.
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    edited 06.08.2014
    I just started my game.Clicked to collect eggs,same time pop up for almonds book 2 came. I had clicked the pop up because it was right where eggs where. I did not have enough gold for handbook but I would have bought unwanted book. I have 1 of each book,thats all I want,so I agree that something has to be done to stop accidently use of gold
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 07.08.2014
    The only sure way to not fall victim to the gold traps is to not have enough gold in your account to complete the sale. I breathe a sigh of relief whenever I fall into one and it says "Not enough Gold" :)
  • Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    edited 07.08.2014
    This as been a problem for a very long time accidental gold spending which is good for ggs i cant see a bank been done for this as usually said "never going to happen"
  • Summers3Summers3 Posts: 103
    edited 09.08.2014
    Yes there should be at least some sort of attention warning,I do agree with that. But the truth be told as long as there's going to be gold buyers (and yes even if you "only" buy the 200% bonus one) this company won't nudge. People are spending money and that's all they want. For example say you miss clicked and yes that is frustrating etc, and you get angry. on the same time a 200% pop up comes up and you think oh well I can buy the smallest and I get the gold back that I lost and some more. I an pretty sure this post will be removed since they don't like truth to be told.
  • amaprincess1 (US1)amaprincess1 (US1) Posts: 636
    edited 09.08.2014
    It is very very shady business, any way you look at it. I know I'm a broken record on this issue but it is what it is.

What I don't get is GGS's complete ignorance in this respect. Surely SOMEONE in their corporate office has a brain. I'll will try one more time:

Hey GGS - Your CUSTOMERS would buy a LOT more gold from you if they knew that their purchase couldn't be lost at the paws of an errant cat or toddler!
  • MoonlimeMoonlime Posts: 116
    edited 11.08.2014
    Yup, every other responsible game I know would have that fail proof system in place. On the other hand, it would appear that ppl continue to buy gold as is so... why bother to improve anything? Just a thought.
  • Summers3Summers3 Posts: 103
    edited 11.08.2014
    I have mentioned this several of times, and as a response to that GGS even broke their own ToS, accused me for giving out false information. Some proffessionalism (my ***) and that's why I am one of those who are not paying their paychecks until something is changed. I let others do that, and then see them, all complain and they wonder why nothing ever changes
    edited 13.08.2014
    Summers3 wrote: »
    I have mentioned this several of times, and as a response to that GGS even broke their own ToS, accused me for giving out false information.

Do you have mails from them that you can copy/paste here?
  • rhinanarhinana Posts: 561
    edited 13.08.2014
    jaystarr2 wrote: »
    Do you have mails from them that you can copy/paste here?

If he/she did that they would also be breaking the ToS and could get muted.
    edited 13.08.2014
    Really? That seems dumb; you can't discuss ToS without violating ToS? What is this, Fight Club? :P
  • rhinanarhinana Posts: 561
    edited 13.08.2014
    isn't there is a specific clause about not publicly sharing any messages between you and GGS/mods? I can't remember where to find the ToS.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file