Home EN General Discussions & Questions Tutorials and FAQs

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Questions about the co-op? Find your answers here!

Comments

• Pepper Moon (IN1)Pepper Moon (IN1) Posts: 6,684
    edited 03.07.2014
    I don't know why, but when my apple trees are done producing the apples and are ready to be harvested, they're not going to my cooperative. We have an apple project right now, and I don't know why they're going straight to my barn (or wherever they're stored). I've tried harvesting my trees 2 different times today, and both times they haven't gone to the co-op project. I've only been in this co-op for 2 projects; the first one involved milk, and I had no problem clicking on the milk and seeing that it had gone to the co-op project. Any idea why this is/what's happening, and has anyone else ever had this problem? Thanks. :)

Are you clicking the green circular refresh arrow? Your apples will be counted but the display count only updates on refresh.
  • Larino (INT1)Larino (INT1) Posts: 4,572
    edited 03.07.2014
    I don't know why, but when my apple trees are done producing the apples and are ready to be harvested, they're not going to my cooperative. We have an apple project right now, and I don't know why they're going straight to my barn (or wherever they're stored). I've tried harvesting my trees 2 different times today, and both times they haven't gone to the co-op project. I've only been in this co-op for 2 projects; the first one involved milk, and I had no problem clicking on the milk and seeing that it had gone to the co-op project. Any idea why this is/what's happening, and has anyone else ever had this problem? Thanks. :)

Indeed, click the circular refresh arrow to see them counted. None of the produce actually goes to the co-op. You get the keep the products and can use them elsewhere, which is why they all go to the barn. The milk actually also went to the barn, but I think your display refreshed more often for some reason so you saw it counted.
  • mikkisaurusmikkisaurus Posts: 1
    edited 07.07.2014
    Hello! I havent been playing very long (currently at lvl 24) and when I first got the Cooperative task I wasnt even quite sure what it was. I cliked the first thing it looked like I should click and now am in a Co-op.
    There have only been 2 posts in the little chat box thing since I have started and it looks more like a recording of events rather than a chat such as so and so started this or so and so donated this many dollars. I am still learning and not sure what to do on some things and seeing no correspondence back and forth between members of the Co-op chat makes me wonder if one is supposed to ask questions there or keep it strictly business. I havent spoken to one person in my Co-op thus far. Is this the right place to talk to other members of the Co-op or is there another location? Cooperative it its own right means just that, but I see no communication going on in that little chat box. Is this normal? How can I tell if I am in a good Co-op? How can I tell if they are helping me in my game? Any help with my multitude of questions would be greatly appreciated.
  • BriannospamGame (SKN1)BriannospamGame (SKN1) Posts: 1,803
    edited 07.07.2014
    I think it can be different how co-op's use their chat?
    One of my old friends(*) who is in another co-op than myself, have told me that, in that co-op she are only co-op things are welcome in their chat.
    - One day in one of the first weeks she was in that co-op, she try to chat a little small-talk with another 'new' player in that co-op, and then one of the 'old' members write something like: "Who have taken a chickenfarm in here?"
    Hmmm. :(

There I'm happy that both the co-op's i'm in on the skn server and the us server, we talk about everything in our chat's, and I think most co-ops have it that way with their chat (But that's only a guess).
    (*) Many month ago, she and me both was in the same co-op on the skn server (our first co-op). Since we both leave that co-op, and find other co-ops to join, but we still have contact. :)

If your co-op have reserch something, and all the members (including yourself) donate to the co-op and participating in projects and research, the co-op leader and/or deputy are good to choose what to research and which projects you should do, and the experienced players in the co-op are nice to help newbies with advise and information when the newbies ask for it, then I think you are in an ok co-op. (my oppinion)
    edited 07.07.2014
    Hello! I havent been playing very long (currently at lvl 24) and when I first got the Cooperative task I wasnt even quite sure what it was. I cliked the first thing it looked like I should click and now am in a Co-op.
    There have only been 2 posts in the little chat box thing since I have started and it looks more like a recording of events rather than a chat such as so and so started this or so and so donated this many dollars. I am still learning and not sure what to do on some things and seeing no correspondence back and forth between members of the Co-op chat makes me wonder if one is supposed to ask questions there or keep it strictly business. I havent spoken to one person in my Co-op thus far. Is this the right place to talk to other members of the Co-op or is there another location? Cooperative it its own right means just that, but I see no communication going on in that little chat box. Is this normal? How can I tell if I am in a good Co-op? How can I tell if they are helping me in my game? Any help with my multitude of questions would be greatly appreciated.

If nobody chats it kind of sounds like a boring co-op to me :P Chat is definitely there to ask questions, but as Brian said some co-ops do not appreciate all the questions. Personally, if you are in such a co-op, I would leave because you learn nothing there. A co-op should be there for fun and cooperation, to help each other imo. If you are not certain, you can always send the leader a message to ask about what the rules and requirements in the co-op are regarding chat. In the description of your co-op it says you have to donate and participate or you will be removed, that is also an important rule to keep an eye on. If you plan to leave the co-op after consideration, you are welcome to join the training co-op first to learn a bit more about co-ops and find a fun and friendly home afterwards.
  • GMC (US1)GMC (US1) Posts: 10
    edited 08.07.2014
    Larino:
    Three questions:
    1. Can you run more than one project at a time?
    2. Do you filter your co-op according to age? If so, how do you go about it? I don't personally have an issue with kids in my co-op, but I would like to know so that I can know what to expect from them and how to reach them at their level (I had a kid who didn't know about timezones....). Yet, I don't need to know the exact age of the teens/adults that apply.
    3. You mentioned in an earlier (MUCH earlier, I can't believe I read this entire thread....) post about people applying to your coop without reading your requirements. I have my own coop, but have been looking around at others to see what they have for their description (to get some ideas about what the heck I'm doing). You seem to have a vast amount of knowledge about co-ops, but I can' find your co-op because it's on a different server. Would you mind posting or sending me a private message with what your description is for your main co-op? I'm curious about what you require.
    edited 08.07.2014
    GMC:
    Here are the three answers ^^
    1) No, you cannot, you can run them back to back though.
    2) I simply ask. Kids are not allowed in our co-op for personal reasons. If somebody is under 18 I have to politely reject their application. If somebody does not want to tell age (which does not happen very often) I allow them in anyway if their farm is good enough etc, but do check how they behave. If they seem adult it is all fine, if they seem to be a kid I try asking again to find out.
    3)Well that one is easy, our description is just for selling the co-op (are you ready to take the challenge with us, apply! And such stuff) and tells everybody to go to the website, which is something you can do as well ^^ Click the link in my signature and click on 'About us' to the left menu for the requirements and click on 'Rules' to read what the rules are after one has joined.

Additional: I send all applicants a questionnaire asking for age, country, gender, willingness to contribute and if they speak English, (country and English because our server is International and there is a good chance somebody does not speak English). It is all to have a good fit with the rest of our members and to see if they are willing to answer messages. If they ignore the message, they will most likely also ignore messages that ask to sign up for research and such, so I do not bother adding them.

Good luck!

Edit: for those that tried clicking the link in my signature and it did not work: I fixed that. It should work like normal again!
    edited 08.07.2014
    Thanks! And I have visited your website, several times over the past month! It's a great resource! :D
  • Loopy3Loopy3 Posts: 1
    edited 12.07.2014
    Does anyone know what the shovel looking things mean next to your name in the list f members of your coop? Sometimes mine are always "lit" up and sometimes some are not. Thanks!
    edited 12.07.2014
    Loopy3 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the shovel looking things mean next to your name in the list f members of your coop? Sometimes mine are always "lit" up and sometimes some are not. Thanks!

They display your project activity. They count in 5 past projects, weighing the best four and also the last project heaviest. They also take into account your level and abilities and much more in a difficult formula. They are not always fair imo, because our co-op sometimes completes a project while I am asleep and the shovels then get much less for me because I did not participate (because I couldn't of course). If you are the one that did the best according to the shovel system, you get a golden shovel and rake icon behind your name in the member list.
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 12.07.2014
    Hi, Larino! I was wondering how you would handle other coops trying to lure away your best players. This has been happening in my coop quite often lately, but fortunately I have members who love our coop and are loyal. Do you message those who do this and tell them you don't appreciate them trying to poach members from your coop or do you just let it slide? Thanks
    edited 12.07.2014
    Hi, Larino! I was wondering how you would handle other coops trying to lure away your best players. This has been happening in my coop quite often lately, but fortunately I have members who love our coop and are loyal. Do you message those who do this and tell them you don't appreciate them trying to poach members from your coop or do you just let it slide? Thanks

I do nothing. If they go to that co-op, they apparently did not like something about mine and then I'd rather have them go. If they enjoy the co-op, they will stay.
    edited 12.07.2014
    Hi John.
    You can't do anything to force your members to stay in your co-op. (That's good)

But you can do something to try do your members happy to be loyal and stay in your co-op, instead to move to other co-ops.
    Maybe you first have to try found out why your members are leaving to other co-ops?
    - and what can you do to give your members the same what they are leaving to?

If they leave to get reseach you dont have research in your co-op, maybe you should tell your members something about your future plans for researching?

Can it be your project activity which is not good enough for those members who left you?

There can be a lot of reasons to people move from one co-op to another, you have to find out how you can do it interessting for your members to stay in your co-op.
    edited 12.07.2014
    Do items from the gourmet farm count in projects? I'm thinking the eggs from the duck coop and the milk from the goats, specifically.
    edited 12.07.2014
    Yes, eggs and milk from the gourmet count in any task: both projects, side bar task, event task and eggs and dung also count in missions.
    edited 12.07.2014
    And the reason for that is that eggs and milk all end up on the same pile from both farms. Goat milk is no longer different from cows milk (kinda weird, but yeah) and duck eggs have the same size as chicken eggs (Eh? Yes, they have :P)
  • edited 27.07.2014
    Okay, I admit I didn't read through all the many pages of this thread to find the answer, if it is even here....

But here is my question! Once you have every researcher filled in for a research, how many days do you have to start it before you lose all the money?

The current leader of my co-op said the previous leader didn't start the research right away since the funds weren't there. After 3 days, all the money was complelety gone and they had to reload the research all over again. Is there still a 3 day limit on that?
    edited 27.07.2014
    Okay, I admit I didn't read through all the many pages of this thread to find the answer, if it is even here....

But here is my question! Once you have every researcher filled in for a research, how many days do you have to start it before you lose all the money?

The current leader of my co-op said the previous leader didn't start the research right away since the funds weren't there. After 3 days, all the money was complelety gone and they had to reload the research all over again. Is there still a 3 day limit on that?

I have never heard of such a limit, so that must have been a bug of some sort. What money was gone? The money the members paid to become a researcher? The money in the co-op account? The money in the co-op account cannot disappear, unless you start a research with it.
  • edited 27.07.2014
    He said that every member who had bought a researcher had lost the money spent on the researcher, and that the amount to start the research had been taken from the co-op account...

I thought this was weird, I never saw anywhere that it said the research had to be started within 3 days of the last researcher being filled. I'm the leader of a co-op on a different server, so I know it isn't something that only a leader can see either!

He said it happened at the very beginning, soon after the co-op had started (a year ago) and that the leader had to contact Big Farm support, etc. He didn't tell me anything after that, just that all the members were really mad at the leader for not starting it right away and cost them the money.

Now, he is worried about us filling up researchers without having the money to start the research. Still about 2 milion shy of the amount. Is there anyway to confirm this is no longer an issue?

I'm wanting to get people signed up for our research, but he and another deputy are hesitant due to the bad experience last time they waited so long to start it. :(
    edited 27.07.2014
    He said that every member who had bought a researcher had lost the money spent on the researcher, and that the amount to start the research had been taken from the co-op account...

I thought this was weird, I never saw anywhere that it said the research had to be started within 3 days of the last researcher being filled. I'm the leader of a co-op on a different server, so I know it isn't something that only a leader can see either!

He said it happened at the very beginning, soon after the co-op had started (a year ago) and that the leader had to contact Big Farm support, etc. He didn't tell me anything after that, just that all the members were really mad at the leader for not starting it right away and cost them the money.

Now, he is worried about us filling up researchers without having the money to start the research. Still about 2 milion shy of the amount. Is there anyway to confirm this is no longer an issue?

I'm wanting to get people signed up for our research, but he and another deputy are hesitant due to the bad experience last time they waited so long to start it. :(

If it helps, I have all my members that did not sign up for the running research already sign up for the next one. Usually researches take more than 3 days to complete. Once the research has completed, all researchers in the next research are still there and we can continue to fill it up and run it. If the amount has been taken from the co-op account and the members could not withdraw their researchers, the research must have been started somehow (maybe a deputy did that without knowing). It does not sound like anything went wrong imo. What did support say about it? Did he know back then what it would look like when the research was started? Did he fill up that exact same research again or was it level 2 he filled up after maybe?
  • edited 27.07.2014
    I guess the previous leader never passed on what support said. Our current leader just remembers them having to fill it all in again and everyone being mad about it. I wasn't with the group at the time, so not really sure what went on.

I guess I'll have to experiment on a different server to see if what happens after 3 days. Because, what he tells me just isn't making sense. It does sound like it was started and they just didn't realize it and filled up the next one or something (like you said).

Thanks!
  • edited 28.07.2014
    what's cheese offed. I cant find it
  • daine3daine3 Posts: 158
    edited 28.07.2014
    cheesed off is a project u go to the chat box then to the top of that screen there is a shovel and a rake click that and go to the 3 project below that should be it
    edited 30.07.2014
    Cheesed off won't show up until your co-op has reached level 5.
  • Baldera (SKN1)Baldera (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 192
    edited 31.07.2014
    Hi,

we have the problem that our Leader isn`t playing anymore and we can`t start any missions, throw out passiv members ant take inn new ones - how kan we get å new Leader/second Leader?

The leadership has allreddy switched ones - but unfortunately this one is as well innaktiv
  • Pingo42Pingo42 Posts: 537
    edited 31.07.2014
    Baldera wrote: »
    Hi,

we have the problem that our Leader isn`t playing anymore and we can`t start any missions, throw out passiv members ant take inn new ones - how kan we get å new Leader/second Leader?

When the leader has been absent - hasn't logged in at all for over 30 days (or might be 32, I'm not certain), leadership will automatically pass to the senior deputy. Other than that, you might try sending a message to the leader here in the forum if s/he is a member, in hopes that they might get the message and respond. Otherwise, I'm afraid it's a matter of having to wait for the time to pass.
    edited 31.07.2014
    We tried to kontakt the leader, but now respons - then the leadership pased to one off the second-leaders but this player isn`t online for weeks aswell
    If now the leadership again switch to the nearest player - that would be the player that easn`t online over 2 months :(
    edited 31.07.2014
    We tried to kontakt the leader, but now respons - then the leadership pased to one off the second-leaders but this player isn`t online for weeks aswell
    If now the leadership again switch to the nearest player - that would be the player that easn`t online over 2 months :(

Has this new person also been offline for more than 32 days? If not then you need to wait until it passes on again. I am pretty sure it will not pass back to the old leader and wait for 32 days, it will find this person is still inactive and keep on looking. I hope it will happen soon for you! It should continue to search until it found an active person. Otherwise you may need to leave the co-op and look for something else.
    edited 31.07.2014
    Larino wrote: »
    Has this new person also been offline for more than 32 days? If not then you need to wait until it passes on again. I am pretty sure it will not pass back to the old leader and wait for 32 days, it will find this person is still inactive and keep on looking. I hope it will happen soon for you! It should continue to search until it found an active person. Otherwise you may need to leave the co-op and look for something else.

The old leader wasn`t online for more than 2 months - så å new one ble leader - and wasn`t online the last 3 weeks - if now the old leader get`s leader again we are on the same status - those 2 are on the highest level
    edited 31.07.2014
    The old leader wasn`t online for more than 2 months - så å new one ble leader - and wasn`t online the last 3 weeks - if now the old leader get`s leader again we are on the same status - those 2 are on the highest level

Yes, but the old leader still hasn't come back, so the system must find somebody that is active. The new leader has been active in the last 32 days, so he will stay leader until he goes past 32 days as well. Then the lead will pass over the old leader onto a new one under him. If it does not work like that, the system is useless and I cannot believe it will work like that.
Sign In to comment.