Home EN General Discussions & Questions Tutorials and FAQs

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Where To Earn Gold

Billie282Billie282 Posts: 1
edited 21.07.2016 in Tutorials and FAQs
Can you in the game earn gold besides buy it?

Billie
Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on

Comments

• SystemSystem Posts: 106,969
    edited 26.06.2013
    If you log on every day there is free gold on the fourth day of the five day cycle

You get gold for levelling up

A couple of tasks reward you with gold too
  • SevalirisSevaliris Posts: 29
    edited 26.06.2013
    Never mind
  • Larino (INT1)Larino (INT1) Posts: 4,572
    edited 26.06.2013
    You can earn a little bit of gold, yes.
    The way to earn gold:
    -finish quests, especially in the beginning gold is a reward often, higher levels don't get it from quests (often) any more = 50 gold
    -level up! Levelling up will give you some gold as well = 50 gold
    -log in daily. If you log in daily, each 4th day will give you some gold = 30 gold
  • Billie28Billie28 Posts: 1
    edited 26.06.2013
    Thank you for replying Billie
  • sealsrock64sealsrock64 Posts: 62
    edited 28.07.2014
    I need more gold. Honestly. I don't want to pay for some either, so other than leveling up, what's the fastest way to earn the yellow stuff (no, not the stuff that you excrete...yeah I'll just stop talking)?
    Post edited by sealsrock64 on
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 24.07.2014
    Other than leveling up, you also get gold for completing a certain task (such as join a cooperative) and as a daily log-in bonus on the fourth day. And if you're lucky, you can also win some in a Forum contest. ^^
    edited 24.07.2014
    Forum contests? when do these occur?
  • rhon (GB1)rhon (GB1) Guest, GB1 Posts: 1,542
    edited 24.07.2014
    Free gold is given ...
    ... when you level up
    ... on the 4th (and sometimes 5th) day of the regular log in cycle. The log in cycle was revamped on Tuesday so this might not be accurate
    ... on completion of some tasks
    ... by taking part in certain forum events. There is currently 2500 gold if you are successful in the Take Tessa on Holiday forum event
    ... by taking part in certain Facebook events, but there is not one running at the moment

You don't need any gold to work your farm but you will then need more patience :)
  • Pingo42Pingo42 Posts: 537
    edited 24.07.2014
    Ali the trader sometimes has gold mining licenses for 1500 gold. Those are a good deal. It costs you 2000 gold to start the mine, and then when the mining is finished you get 4000 gold, so Ali's mining licenses give you 500 free gold.
  • sdfktgksdfktgk Posts: 140
    edited 24.07.2014
    sign up for Bing rewards ( it's free, does no harm). They have a rixty card to redeem there. GGS accepts rixty as a form of payment.
  • MordnaMordna Posts: 53
    edited 25.07.2014
    Pingo42 wrote: »
    Ali the trader sometimes has gold mining licenses for 1500 gold. Those are a good deal. It costs you 2000 gold to start the mine, and then when the mining is finished you get 4000 gold, so Ali's mining licenses give you 500 free gold.
    His name is Omar.
  • Pingo42Pingo42 Posts: 537
    edited 25.07.2014
    Mordna wrote: »
    His name is Omar.

Oops! You're right. How could I forget! :rolleyes:
  • jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515
    edited 25.07.2014
    Samty wrote: »
    ... by taking part in certain forum events. There is currently 2500 gold if you are successful in the Take Tessa on Holiday forum event

I don't think (I'm not sure) the Tessa event is still active. The winners were posted on Facebook & I haven't seen any winners posted since. Hopefully a CM can confirm if its active or not. If not the thread should be closed. :p

GGS has forum events from time to time which will give you a chance to win gold. Watch the Official Announcements for information.:)
  • tom596tom596 Posts: 14
    edited 25.07.2014
    collect gold patiently by leveling up. once you get 2000 gold you can double up in the mine.
    edited 27.07.2014
    Thanks, guys! :D
  • Wildcard999Wildcard999 Posts: 967
    edited 27.07.2014
    Pingo42 wrote: »

Do you mean Ali or Omar? If there's someone else with licenses, I'd like to know who it is. I've got 4k gold on one account and 6k on another, ready and waiting to snap up the discounted licenses when they appear. I'm SOOO glad GGS added that feature around the time I discovered it was actually worth it to spend gold.

I notice no one has mentioned the fact that the 5-day login cycle is actually part of a much larger [secret] 80-something day login cycle and that before the revamp, the fifth day would sometimes give gold. Larino has the old cycle posted at Larino's Corner if I remember right (linked through her signature).
  • BriannospamGame (SKN1)BriannospamGame (SKN1) Posts: 1,803
    edited 28.07.2014
    The new 5 days cycle gives a mystic box. Today in mine there was 100 premium chicken feed.
    Since I'm don't care about exp. points, and I don't have any problems to make enough feed to my animals, these chicken feeds are totaly worthless for me. :(
  • kbahr007 (US1)kbahr007 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,841
    edited 28.07.2014
    i have not seen any change in the cycles for rewards but I have gotten an extra 80 gold for the sixth day cycle, also, sometimes on facebook they have vouchers for gold
  • Dara (SKN1)Dara (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2,638
    edited 28.07.2014
    No mystery boxes on my new 5 day cycle... :( 1 token in fifth day, it's nice, but i would like to have a box too someday. I do have use for everything extra. Points and feeds ;)
    edited 28.07.2014
    Dara15 wrote: »
    No mystery boxes on my new 5 day cycle... :( 1 token in fifth day, it's nice, but i would like to have a box too someday. I do have use for everything extra. Points and feeds ;)
    The previous 5 day cycle was actually an 85 day cycle. 17 lots of 5 days cycles with day 5 varying. You can see the old cycle in wiki Daily log in Bonus.

I suspect the new cycle is similar so you will get a Mystery box at some time, it just might take nearly three months depending where you are in the cycle
  • Dara (SKN1)Dara (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2,638
    edited 28.07.2014
    Thanks Samty, i didn't know that ;)
  • Smurf8Smurf8 Posts: 235
    edited 30.05.2015
    You get daily bonuses and occasionally get small amounts as rewards for various sidebar tasks. Pickings are slim though. Your best bet is to save what you have until you get 2,000, then you can double it using a gold license at the mine.
  • edited 30.05.2015
    And the horse ranch gives you 300 free gold too. ^^
  • Gwendolen (US1)Gwendolen (US1) Posts: 1,268
    edited 30.05.2015
    And by going level up :)

You get 1 free goldmining license when you upgrade the mine to lvl 2, I agree with Smurf to save up to 2000 and use the license to double it.
  • nooca (INT1)nooca (INT1) Posts: 170
    edited 30.05.2015
    Or, if you haven't done it yet:
    Upgrade mine to level 2 to get free gold mining licence and save up 3000 gold. Get a task to mine gold. Start gold mine with 2000 gold and get 300 gold extra for completing the task.

If you've mined gold before but didn't have the task yet: have 3000 gold and a gold mining licence to make it appear.
  • Smurf8Smurf8 Posts: 235
    edited 31.05.2015
    If gold is in short supply, be cautious as to how you spend it. Some pointers here: http://turtleoatsgang.weebly.com/strategy.html
  • Yakoska (US1)Yakoska (US1) Posts: 1,631
    edited 31.05.2015
    You can also, once you have more than 3500 gold stored up.. buy Gold Licences from Omar (or win them at the end of the Horse races) to keep things going. You need 3500 for Omar to work (you net 500). But you only need to have 2000, to make the Horse racing licenses work.

-Y
    edited 31.05.2015
    Free gold is given ...

... when you level up
    ... on the 4th (and sometimes 5th) day of the regular log in cycle

You don't need any gold to work your farm but you do then need more patience :)
  • wilma79 (NL1)wilma79 (NL1) Posts: 312
    edited 31.05.2015
    In the horse competition you can win mystery boxes In those can be gold. When you finish in Golden league you get 300 gold, When you finish in a Higher league you get mining lisences. When you are very lucky on the wheel of fortune you can win a mining lisence (I once did) I've reached level 132 at this moment and never bought gold. At one point I had over 8000 gold.
  • aaabbb1 (INT1)aaabbb1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,049
    edited 01.06.2015
    Samty wrote: »
    Free gold is given ...

... when you level up
    ... on the 4th (and sometimes 5th) day of the regular log in cycle

You don't need any gold to work your farm but you do then need more patience :)

One small correction. Tessa on holiday is not running any more. And to add to the list:
    - you can find some gold in mystery boxes
    - you can won a gold mining licence in mystery boxes and on a weel of fortune
    - you can buy a gold mining licence from Omar for 1500 gold (giving you 500 gold free)
    - You can win it on horse tournament (golden league = 300 gold, platinum= gold mining licence, diamond = 2x gold mining licence)

Have in mind: 1 gold mining licenece + 2000 gold = 4000 gold (in mine). So one gold mining licence gives you 2000 gold, if you have a 2000 gold already on accound.
Sign In to comment.