Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Announcement - Teaser: the temporary island farm! - Discussion

Comments

• BriannospamGame (SKN1)BriannospamGame (SKN1) Posts: 1,803
    edited 25.07.2014
    Now GGS introduce a bank on the temporary island..
    Could we please also get a bank at the main farm, as Amaprincess suggest it in this posting:
    http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/showthread.php?114441-An-alternative-to-the-dreaded-gold-lock
  • roadrunnernm (US1)roadrunnernm (US1) US1 Posts: 287
    edited 25.07.2014
    Will the bank be the same level for all players when the island farm comes into being!? Will there be an initial cap on the amount of farm cash u can transfer for exchange? Will the times for any "upgrades "on this island farm be SHORTER than the existing rather lengthy upgrade times that we now all have to experience?
    Will we be given a heads up as to when the departure time is to occur so people can add certs for flight if necessary?
  • SystemSystem Posts: 106,969
    edited 25.07.2014
    I was excited before but this is all starting to sound really complicated... :S
  • edited 25.07.2014
    So we need certificates to unlock the airport? Bummer... I just spent 1200 on a farm machine upgrade...

So where do the rep points come? I know it was said they'd play a "small" part in it. Let me guess! We get rep points for how well we finish the 30 day island "event"! So, rep points will still just exist and not really do much of anything... Please tell me I'm wrong on that though! :pinch:
  • Daytona (INT1)Daytona (INT1) Posts: 425
    edited 25.07.2014
    Sounds interesting ! :)
  • HelgaJoosten (NL1)HelgaJoosten (NL1) Posts: 11
    edited 25.07.2014
    It says temporary island for 30 days and then it ends. But is this a real end? Or will the temporary island come again after say 30 days or 2 months?

Otherwise I do a lot of things..maybe for nothing...building all these things in only 30 days..it doesn't sound like a lot of time to complete anything and make something out of it.
  • HuzurCiftligi (TR1)HuzurCiftligi (TR1) Posts: 532
    edited 25.07.2014
    I really like this farm the only thing that is going to cause issue, maybe because we are going to use the same upgrade window :)
    Really excited about it!
  • edited 25.07.2014
    It says temporary island for 30 days and then it ends. But is this a real end? Or will the temporary island come again after say 30 days or 2 months?

Otherwise I do a lot of things..maybe for nothing...building all these things in only 30 days..it doesn't sound like a lot of time to complete anything and make something out of it.

The island will be there every single 30 days. It just resets at the end of 30 and starts all over again.
  • kbahr007 (US1)kbahr007 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,841
    edited 25.07.2014
    The question I have which was not answered as far as I know, the goods reset but do the building reset where you have to build them over and over. that is the only concern I have with the island

By the way, Thanks for the events listing, I was given a message awhile ago with the frequencies and it is dead on accurate

Edit by PINJO: merged posts, please use edit button
  • edited 26.07.2014
    once the 30 days on island over
    then after how many times it will come
  • GeorgenollieUseGeorgenollieUse Posts: 1,801
    edited 26.07.2014
    kbahr0072 wrote: »
    The question I have which was not answered as far as I know, the goods reset but do the building reset where you have to build them over and over. that is the only concern I have with the island

If I am understanding the teasers so far - the island completely resets after 30 days . . . you lose everything. The rewards you get at the end of the 30 days is based on how much you have built so if it is a very busy 30 days and you are not on a lot you will not get as much as a 30 day where you build it up grandly. Everyone starts with the same playing field at the beginning of the 30 days.
    once the 30 days on island over
    then after how many times it will come

Since it is attached to the permanent airport, I suspect that it will repeat immediately afterwards - always on the 30 day cycle.
  • edited 26.07.2014
    oh my goodness!!!!! I thought I was the only person who felt that way about the certificates and tractors..
  • edited 26.07.2014
    is we need to unlock airport also agian after 30 days with certificates
  • edited 26.07.2014
    That is a really good question
  • Pietral (US1)Pietral (US1) US1 Posts: 163
    edited 26.07.2014
    What's the incentive for doing any actual farming on the island farm? From what it sounds like so far, you can simply convert dollars into island dollars using the bank, and then collect your rewards for having all that island dollars at the end. It would make no sense to say, spend 100,000 island dollars building something if that building only earns 80,000 island dollars in 30 days. You'd be better off doing nothing at all! Or even if that 100,000 island dollar building earns 200,000 island dollars in 30 days, you'd only want to build it during the 1st half, since it would be a net loss if you have less than 15 days left. The buildings would have to be very cheap, or the rate of return on investment extremely high, in order for it to be worthwhile to build things.
  • MrSaece (INT1)MrSaece (INT1) INT1 Posts: 147
    edited 26.07.2014
    i wonder how that reset 'thing' actually works..i hope it wont turn this big farm into magic farm.. XB
  • Lilypaddle (INT1)Lilypaddle (INT1) Posts: 614
    edited 26.07.2014
    Well I am always ups for a new challenge so I am looking forward to this. Will have to see how it pans out when it starts.
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    edited 26.07.2014
    Let's hope that build, wipe, repeat doesn't become tedious and frustrating after a while.
    edited 26.07.2014
    as much as I agree with the comments, I am going to have to wait til it starts to pass final judgement, if it is not worth it, I will not do it
  • Hodor4Hodor4 Posts: 192
    edited 26.07.2014
    I think of the plot like this:
    A poor farmer on a tropical island is in need of help. Through a relative he offers you a contract for 30 days to improve his farm. You have to finance all the improvements yourself, but get to keep all the profits on the goods you produce.

At the end of 30 days your contract expires and you return home. All your goods are sold, but instead of the farmer paying you in Farm Dollars, or even Island Dollars, you get paid in some strange Reward Dollars.

Word quickly spreads of your heroic deeds, and within hours of returning you are given another contract to help another poor farmer on a different island.

That makes more sense to me than simply saying that everything gets wiped after 30 days (GGS, if you want to use this scenario will I get paid royalties)?

I've not worked out where Bramley Apple fits in (is that his name? Or will it be Adam(s) Apple :) (Adam and Eva)), unless he is just your sidekick when developing the farm - you need somebody working on site full time while you tend to your own farm.
  • willowtree898willowtree898 Posts: 1
    edited 26.07.2014
    summer is here thats awsome:p

i dont understand. what are you trying to say.
    Hodor4 wrote: »
    I think of the plot like this:
    A poor farmer on a tropical island is in need of help. Through a relative he offers you a contract for 30 days to improve his farm. You have to finance all the improvements yourself, but get to keep all the profits on the goods you produce.

At the end of 30 days your contract expires and you return home. All your goods are sold, but instead of the farmer paying you in Farm Dollars, or even Island Dollars, you get paid in some strange Reward Dollars.

Edit by PINJO: merged posts, please use edit button
  • MoonlimeMoonlime Posts: 116
    edited 27.07.2014
    why temporary? Why don't we have expansions instead of this?
    edited 27.07.2014
    A lot of the things I would like to know have been explained but only in guesswork. Things I would like to see for this farm is at least permanent buildings and expansions, other than that I can live with it being temporary.
  • CM NafaruCM Nafaru Posts: 1,325
    edited 28.07.2014
    Heyhey,
    Are you able to provide any further info on the amount of certificates needed to unlock the airport and bank?

I can't tell you the amounts exactly, but you won't need a lot of certificates to unlock the airport. Every player should be able to reach them after a couple of missions, probably even less than 5, depending on your activity of course. :)
    Will the bank be the same level for all players when the island farm comes into being!? Will there be an initial cap on the amount of farm cash u can transfer for exchange? Will the times for any "upgrades "on this island farm be SHORTER than the existing rather lengthy upgrade times that we now all have to experience?
    Will we be given a heads up as to when the departure time is to occur so people can add certs for flight if necessary?

The bank will start at the same level for all players, level 1. So every player needs to upgrade the bank in oder to be able to send bigger amounts of dollars to the island farm - so, yes, there is a cap.

There will be no heads-up for the event start, but since you only need to have few certificates, you should be able to gather enough within a very short amount of time.
    Since it is attached to the permanent airport, I suspect that it will repeat immediately afterwards - always on the 30 day cycle.

That sounds plausible, GeorgenollieUse, but not the case. There will be breaks between each of these 30 day long events. :)

Regards,
    Steffi
  • aaabbb1 (INT1)aaabbb1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,049
    edited 28.07.2014
    One more question about the bank: is the level of the bank also going to reset after 30 days (if I understood correctly the bank is at the same time part of airport and part of island).
  • CM NafaruCM Nafaru Posts: 1,325
    edited 28.07.2014
    aaabbb1 wrote: »
    One more question about the bank: is the level of the bank also going to reset after 30 days (if I understood correctly the bank is at the same time part of airport and part of island).

Since the bank building is situated on the island itself, it will also be reset after the 30 days are over. :)
  • edited 28.07.2014
    Will we be getting the next teaser today? am intrigued over the reward currency
  • Dara (SKN1)Dara (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2,638
    edited 28.07.2014
    And i'd like to know something about building times??? Are they gonna be as long as other farms? I was just thinking, if we cant build anything together, maybe i have to "stop building" my mainfarm and others during the event... That's not so good thing (and how much dollars do we need...;))
  • edited 28.07.2014
    I would build up as big a fund as you can between now and the update. Then if you need the dollars you have them available. What you dont need can be used afterwards on the farms. Unless we have to wait 4 weeks for it. Judging by the frequency of teasers so far I am hoping end of next week beginning of the wek after. Pure speculation though,
  • edited 28.07.2014
    As the island is a event as such will it run independantly from the current events or can they run concurrently?
Sign In to comment.