Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Matchmaker still seems incompetent

AphasiaAphasia Posts: 223
Here's a pic of my latest mission.

Attachment not found.
Post edited by Aphasia on

Comments

• SirGeorge (US1)SirGeorge (US1) Posts: 354
    edited 22.04.2014
    :huh:

It seems it will be some more time before they get it fixed.
  • GeorgenollieUseGeorgenollieUse Posts: 1,801
    edited 22.04.2014
    I estimated that it will take two to three weeks for it to get it right . . . the more data it collects the better it can do the matching. And the levels will be the least revelant item it goes by - it is supposed to match people by the way they perform on the mission so it looks like level 121 only has three fields of wildflowers (one level 7, two level 6) so they will be performing with people who also has that kind of set up. And if this is at the beginning of the mission, they were using gold to speed up their harvest (unless they already had it planted) so that will be taken into consideration too because their ending total is going to reflect that. However it is going to take time for the sytem to use this information to make accurate matches because it was not collecting and storing that information in the prior mission set up.
  • AphasiaAphasia Posts: 223
    edited 22.04.2014
    I find level to be the most relevant statistic there is. At 47th level, my production assets are capped at a much lower level than what a 121st level player is capable of having.
    edited 22.04.2014
    True but level doesn't stop how much gold you use in a mission - so if you have a level 47 who has 8 chicken coops on their farms and speed up the process because of gold use . . . would it be fair to have to do egg missions with this person? With this new system they will look at the fact that this person can collect 3000 eggs in 30 minutes and put them with a level 121 person who also can collect 3000 eggs in 30 minutes AND you and I will compete with people regardless of their level who competes at 1000 or 500 eggs per 30 minutes.

It just takes time to collect the data needed to do an accurate sort for this kind of matching.
    edited 23.04.2014
    How do you know what data they're looking at?
  • wahaj23wahaj23 Posts: 592
    edited 23.04.2014
    It definitely is incompetent. My latest mission:
    Attachment not found.
    Is it fair to match up level 21 against 11,12,12?
    edited 23.04.2014
    Midway down in the official announcement - the matchmaking section stresses that it will be based on personal performance.

http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/showthread.php?104765-Update-April-14th-Mission-rework
    edited 23.04.2014
    "In the beginning, there will be certain player groups that cannot mix. This means it's highly unlikely that a level 8 player will meet a player above level 15 in a mission group."

Uh-huh
  • edited 23.04.2014
    I've been getting stuck in mission with people that had level 55 and above for all five players besides myself. I was only a level 35 when that happend (leveled up since). I had just come in 6th, 4th, and 4th my 3 missions before that one, which were also unequally ranked, though not as severely. My highest rank this week has been second, and that was because there were only 2 players.

I admit, I did pretty well week one. But after doing well, when it puts you up with the high level players, if you crash and burn because you can't compete with them, how long until it lowers you back down again? I've been stuck with the high level players all week. I don't do well at all against them. I'm not as good as the computer seems to think I am! Why play a mission for 1 single certificate every time?

Very frustrating. Just because I win one, doen't mean I can compete with bigger farms. It means the other players weren't prepared for that mission when it started!!!!! Happens a lot if you just finished a mission beforehand. Especially if it is a repeat mission. I had three of the same missions in a row yesterday! It happens.
  • kothar44 (US1)kothar44 (US1) Posts: 16
    edited 20.07.2014
    In a mission for eggs right now. leader is level 104 and has 14 level 7 coops and 8 level 6 duck ponds. one member of our mission is low level and has 3 level 3 coops and 1 level 1 duck pond. another has 4 coops, level 2, 4, 4 and 5 and 2 duck ponds, both level 3. Neither has any chance of collecting even 1/3 of what the level 104 person dropped in during the first 2 minutes, much less the rest of the 30 minutes.
  • george3 (AU1)george3 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 411
    edited 21.07.2014
    I agree, I'm level 117, of the 4 missions I did this afternoon, the highest opponent was level 80, I had a egg mission lowest level was level 60, we all had similar rep points, to rank us on rep points is completely wrong, I've never enjoyed doing missions because of the unbalance in levels.
    I was that disgusted in the egg mission, I only collected my chickens once then let the 3 low level players fight it out between, if I'd collected my ducks eggs (2000) it would have been all over.
    I love a good contest, but please let me compete on a level playing field.
    George
  • Hodor4Hodor4 Posts: 192
    edited 21.07.2014
    The end of last week I was usually in a mission with 5 players 20 levels below me. This week they are around 20 levels above me. Surely it should not matter how often I do missions - it should always be a level playing field.
    edited 21.07.2014
    the matchmaking section stresses that it will be based on personal performance.

This is hilarious. I've picked up maybe 30 missions since the certificate earnings got nerfed, and only completed 7 or 8. I'm still being matched up with players twice my level, who are capable of output 3 or 4 times what I can deliver. You'd think if it's based on personal performance, I'd be competing with players half my level, considering how few missions I've been participating in.
  • CM NafaruCM Nafaru Posts: 1,325
    edited 21.07.2014
    Aphasia wrote: »
    This is hilarious. I've picked up maybe 30 missions since the certificate earnings got nerfed, and only completed 7 or 8. I'm still being matched up with players twice my level, who are capable of output 3 or 4 times what I can deliver. You'd think if it's based on personal performance, I'd be competing with players half my level, considering how few missions I've been participating in.

Hey Aphasia,

please make sure to contribute at least a little to the missions you feel like you have no chance competing in. If you let 22 out of 30 missions pass by without doing anything, your own matchmaking value will not change in order to reflect what you could achieve in missions and your base matchmaking value will not be updated.
    This will match you against higher level players, as the starting value is roughly in the same scope for every player and needs to be adjusted with active missions (ranking #6 in these is enough to make a change).

So after having played - and possibly lost - some missions, you will find yourself in a group that is much more suitable for what you can achieve. :)

Regards,
    Steffi
  • Diane 01 (US1)Diane 01 (US1) Posts: 8
    edited 21.07.2014
    I just don't know what fair is!!!! I was doing eggs someone threw out 15,000 eggs I looked at his 2nd farm they had 26 duck co-ops ??? NO gold needed they win... :-)
  • Hodor4Hodor4 Posts: 192
    edited 21.07.2014
    I mean, how is this fair?
    edited 21.07.2014
    current egg mission. Includes the current #1 in the world player with 10 coops, another from that co op with 14 coops, a third player with 24 coops, me with 10 coops, someone with 1 coop and someone with 0 coops.

Why on earth would someone with 0 or 1 chicken coops be playing against 10-24 coops and the #1 player in the world?
  • edited 21.07.2014
    I am at level 141 and in individual missions, i rarely get opponents and my scores going down now! I have completed all levels at garage and just playing for sake to keep the RP not to go down :-(
    edited 26.07.2014
    today is a dung mission. the group is 3 people in the top 26 in the world, another ranked 765th and I am 1,253. Guess which two are getting beat by a 3-1 margin?
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 26.07.2014
    kothar44 wrote: »
    the group is 3 people in the top 26 in the world

They aren't the top 26 in the world. The people in the missions you are in are only on your server. Not that it makes it any more fair.
    edited 26.07.2014
    So I did a dung mission a few days ago. Predictably, first and second place went to two players 30 levels higher than me. I took 3rd, 4th place went to someone 20 levels below me, and 5th went to someone 15 levels below 4th.

The matchmaker is worthless.
    edited 01.08.2014
    today I got "collect eggs." One player has 24 chicken coops and 21 duck pens. the OTHER FIVE COMBINED players have 21 chicken coops and 9 duck pens. One poor soul has 4 level 4 chicken coops and a single level 1 duck pen.

Utterly ridiculous.
  • edited 02.08.2014
    That is because people have figured out the system, as did I! Matchmaker will never work out, because there is a surefire strategy that people can use to win.

Do a lousy job in several missions that you don't care about anyway, which places you down with lower level players. Then, slam the competition as soon as you get a dung mission (which pays the highest in certs) or whatever mission it is that you are most prepared to battle in. Being at such a high level ensures that you get first place, which pays a bunch just because it is the top place.

Don't play to win, just play to gain certs and you'll be happy. I almost always win a dung mission, but I am typically 3rd-6th place in all other missions. I find by doing that it keeps me balanced with people who are usually within 10-20 levels of mine. Plus, I still get a pretty good number of certs in last couple places. It adds up eventually.
  • edited 02.08.2014
    This is exactly why I pay no attention to the rankings for missions. When they can be artificially inflated with gold, they are not real numbers. I am level 92 with 10 level 7 chicken coops and have been sorely whooped by a level 35 with 4 level 4 coops with a pocket full of gold. Capabilities are silly. Just because I CAN use a ton of gold does not mean I SHOULD be lumped with farmers that do. I have now resigned myself not to care about rankings or numbers in any given mission. I do what I do and collect what certificates I get. I rarely even look at the mission counter or even who is in the mission.

And by the way, trolling for new members during missions has become an annoying standard recruitment process. I get unsolicited invites to coops each and every time I do a mission. I am already in a coop and not interested in changing. I wish there was a way to communicate this.

My 2 minute vent for the week. :)

Happy Farming,

Moonshine1962
  • BriannospamGame (SKN1)BriannospamGame (SKN1) Posts: 1,803
    edited 02.08.2014
    Then, slam the competition as soon as you get a dung mission (which pays the highest in certs) or whatever mission it is that you are most prepared to battle in.
    I don't know how many certs it's possible to win in a collect dung mission, but after the last rework of the mission, I win more certs on wild flowers than on dung. - Maybe because I not have an animal factory farm where I need to buy most of the animal feed, but a farm which are allround for everything, so I can produce all the feed myself.
    And by the way, trolling for new members during missions has become an annoying standard recruitment process. I get unsolicited invites to coops each and every time I do a mission. I am already in a coop and not interested in changing. I wish there was a way to communicate this.
    I'm don't know how much that would help, but I think it could help a little if we have an ingame profile (like co-op's have), where we can write a little description, and where you e.g. could write that you don't want invites from other co-ops.
  • MrSaece (INT1)MrSaece (INT1) INT1 Posts: 147
    edited 02.08.2014
  • Dara (SKN1)Dara (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2,638
    edited 02.08.2014
    I was just today in egg mission, there was me level 47, one level 85, one i don't remember and one level 14!!!
    How 14 and 85 levels can be in same mission??? That really is unfair
  • BriannospamGame (SKN1)BriannospamGame (SKN1) Posts: 1,803
    edited 02.08.2014
    Attachment not found.
    I think I may have to be proud. :)
    edited 02.08.2014
    On 22.04.2014,
    I estimated that it will take two to three weeks for it to get it right . . .

LOL
    edited 13.08.2014
    The latest mis-match of astronomical proportions:
    Attachment not found.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file