Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Pranks and Insults

Comments

• Pingo42Pingo42 Posts: 537
    edited 02.07.2014
    To those saying just laugh it off - I agree, that's what I would do. But when one is already under stress from dealing with health issues, that person really does not need more stress, not even the minor stress from having your farm production interfered with. It could be the little extra stress that is just too much for someone going through a difficult period. We really don't know what RL issues another person may be having, and if someone uses their farm as a way to forget RL problems, they really don't need more things to deal with. If other people like the pranks, fine. But those who don't want that feature in their game should be able to opt out or block them.
  • chicaachicaa Posts: 437
    edited 02.07.2014
    Agree completely. Yes undo stress can only complicate things.. most definately..thank you for the post Pingo42!!
  • Dara (SKN1)Dara (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2,638
    edited 02.07.2014
    Oh, don't give up. I have been pranked a few times, it's not so big deal. This is just a game. I'm not using gold, but i'm so important to someone that he/she wants to spent gold just for me. I use those karmapoint to give gifts my co'op members. AND i'm having gifts from them ;)
    I know it feels frustrating spesially during the mission, but there is missions every half an hour, so they cannot be in same mission every time. Please, don't let them win this, just ignore them.

(sorry, my english is not correct)
  • Goodfella4Goodfella4 Posts: 432
    edited 02.07.2014
    Thanks to a name and shame in another thread, we have more information. The player under stress here is 109, and played a mission against a level 60 farmer. How does he feel? Well, who cares, actually, but you see where this is going? He plays pranks to get a leg up on his competition. If he receives messages allowing him to know how much it bugs you, that is like throwing gas on a fire. he will continue to play pranks because he knows it bugs you THAT much. It is a shame to lose good players over this event, our co-op lost 2 members due to Naughty or Nice. It wasn't the pranking that did them in, it was religious beliefs and frowning upon karma and "voo-doo". Still though, I understand that for many players this event is a nightmare. Sorry to see ya go.

As far as blocking pranks go... how would that work? Everybody could just block the pranks thus defeating the purpose. Pranking during mission play is a strategy move. Takes a solid player down to one knee and gives the underdog a chance. Is that what upsets you? Allowing the underdog to have a fighting chance? I view things from all angles.

Next time you get pranked... respond... "Oh, thank you for your gold. Can you please prank me 2 more times so I can buy some gifts next time the event comes to town. ^^"
  • edited 02.07.2014
    I am sorry to hear you are leaving because of this. I understand what is liked to be harassed with pranks. But pranks can't do to much. The only bad thing that comes out of them is that they stop your production for a short amount of time. You have to look at the bright side and remember you get karma points from pranks which then you can use to buy gifts for other people.

I have to agree with Goofella though, why would you want to leave because someone is pranking you? When I was pranked but a person on the game I took it as a compliment, someone likes me enough to spend their own money on me.
    Is this person also sending insulting messages? If so, that I can understand can be difficult.

I guess it is just different from person, it really depends on how you want to look at things. I prefer to look for the good in everything, but that is just me.

I really am sorry this has happened to you and sorry it has made you quit the game.

~Space~
  • Sandi4848 (US1)Sandi4848 (US1) Posts: 50
    edited 02.07.2014
    yes Sherry don't name the person that is sooooo against the rules! it is ok to harass people but NEVER say their name!
  • helen12860 (US1)helen12860 (US1) US1 Posts: 59
    edited 02.07.2014
    its a shame GGS thinks that someone BULLYING,HARASSING,or STALKING another player is ok or even funny, to GGS it will be very costly to you and hit your wallet if it doesnt STOP!!!!!
    Goodfella4 wrote: »
    That player will run out of pranks eventually. Just wait it out, and by the next time Naughty or Nice comes to town you will have been forgotten. Just don't let it bug you, and reap the benefits of collecting the Karma points.

Try to keep your head up.

Fella
    NO amount of karma pionts are worth being BULLIED, HARASSED, OR STALKED over!!!!
    Sandi4848 wrote: »
    I just turned my co op over to another member and sent a message to support to close my farm! I will not be harassed in real life and will not play a game where they help you harass another player!
    8-( sorry to see you go, but 9x's out of 10 you will not be the only player leaving!!!!

NO ONE, ABSOLUTELY NO ONE should be reduced to BULLYING, HARASSING, or STALKING !!!!!!

Edit by PINJO: merged posts, please use edit button
  • Jammicus (NL1)Jammicus (NL1) Posts: 368
    edited 02.07.2014
    I agree. It's not fun, the karma points aren't worth it and forget about the missons, being praked during a mission is no big deal, however it could also ruin a project for an entire coop, specially if the project largely depends on one or a few higher level players. This should never be possible! So if someone starts a petition to get GGS to stop this, or have the possibility to block it I would sign it.
  • helen12860 (US1)helen12860 (US1) US1 Posts: 59
    edited 02.07.2014
    GGS would rather lose players than MONEY!!!! its all about the MONEY!!!!!
  • AphasiaAphasia Posts: 223
    edited 02.07.2014
    helen12860 wrote: »
    GGS would rather lose players than MONEY!!!! its all about the MONEY!!!!!

This is what it boils down to I'm afraid. Pranks are a revenue source for GGS. They know there are certain types of players who will gladly pay to grief other players. This can be the only explanation for having this 'feature' in an otherwise non-confrontational game.
  • AphasiaAphasia Posts: 223
    edited 02.07.2014
    GGS has other games for mean-spirited play. Empire for example. 'Naughty' should be removed from Big Farm.
  • Kelly1028 (US1)Kelly1028 (US1) US1 Posts: 25
    edited 02.07.2014
    This is probably pointless, but...

Best bet, if the "event" comes up, don't do a mission or other important things until the event is over. If it comes up before you're finished, that's the risk you take. If you choose to do something important during this event, then that's the risk you take.

I, for one, am not in a co-op (my choice), and have never been gifted or pranked (granted, now that I've said that... lol). Perhaps the reason for this is because of the fact that I'm doing my farming all by myself with no co-op to converse with. I know that when the village disappeared for me and became a co-op thing, I can no longer look at anyone else's farms. Perhaps no one can look at mine, either. Or they don't pay any attention to it. Either way, doesn't matter lol.

Pranks/gifts cost real-life money. Even if I could, I wouldn't be pranking/gifting anyone because I don't have the money to spend on it. If, by some chance someone pranked me, I'd say thank you for the karma points. Get a few of those, and I could buy a prank or gift for someone else for free (I think that's how it works?). I'd feel happy that someone was willing to spend their hard-earned money on me. Me, just a random person out there in internet land.

The "event" only lasts a specific length of time, and the pranks themselves don't last too long, from what I've read. I can think of way worse, definite bullying behaviour that can last for ages... days, weeks, months, years... that have nothing to do with a silly game where you occasionally spend real money to be so "mean" to someone else - money that could be put towards something much more important, like bills or rent or food.

Sorry to see you (or anyone) go over something like this, but it is your right and your choice to do so if you wish. No one can be forced to stay.
  • Wildcard999Wildcard999 Posts: 967
    edited 02.07.2014
    What about going to someone's farm through the rankings list or missions? That should still be possible for those without a coop.

As for doing missions and coop projects, I see no reason to forgo those. The missions can just be done at your leisure, getting credit for stuff you were going to harvest anyway. And the coop projects have several that would not prevent anyone from getting event tasks done. Eggs, milk, apples...you'll be harvesting those all the time anyway, so why not get credit for it in a coop project if you can? It's the corn, cabbage and wheat that can be tricky and hurt players during an event. I'm trying to avoid running all but corn ones during an event and I'm planning to make corn projects only coincide with tasks that require corn.
  • Kelly1028 (US1)Kelly1028 (US1) US1 Posts: 25
    edited 02.07.2014
    You're right, Wildcard - I never thought about those lists to find farms. Doesn't matter much for me anyway, still don't have the money to prank or gift lol. ;) And I didn't know what all pranks affected; I figured it could and would affect anything on the farm. So yeah, there really wouldn't be a reason to stop a mission or project or anything. Thanks for that clarification. :)

I'm rarely on when the event comes up, anyway. Maybe that's why I don't see it as a big deal lol. ;)
  • Wildcard999Wildcard999 Posts: 967
    edited 02.07.2014
    Oh, so you already did There and Back Again? It's an Achievement. If not, you should go do that.

Yeah, it's not a big deal if you keep missing it. Honestly, it's only a big deal to people who want to do it all and they want it done NOW. And to the people who just barely finish stuff, too.
  • PINJO1986 (NL1)PINJO1986 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,852
    edited 02.07.2014
    Merged al the Naughty and Nice threads as they all contain the same.
  • Lilypaddle (INT1)Lilypaddle (INT1) Posts: 614
    edited 02.07.2014
    Well i would love it if these pranksters would prank me I need the KARMA points! My username is maxiroy and I'm on the US server! Prank me prank me, make my day punks LOL !!!!!
  • SystemSystem Posts: 106,969
    edited 03.07.2014
    Aphasia wrote: »
    GGS has other games for mean-spirited play. Empire for example. 'Naughty' should be removed from Big Farm.

I am new here, and this is my first post on this forum, but I had to post because I feel so strongly about this. I started playing Big Farm here, and liked it so much that I decided to give Empire a try.

Wow, was THAT a mistake (for me). I did not like at all the pressure to join this or that alliance otherwise my castle would be pretty much wiped out the first week. As soon as the "no-attack" period ended (I think it was three days?) someone jumped all over my castle and sent a message to join up or be attacked.

It might have been my fault, but I thought it was going to be a FUN, easygoing, build-a-castle and fight off wolves or highwaymen or whatnot kind of game. Being at odds with another player and facing the loss of what I had worked so hard for made me decide it just wasn't worth it. I play games online to get AWAY from annoyances - including annoying people. >:-/

It would upset me just as much to be the target of someone - and this sounds like it's been more than once, not just luck of the game sort of stuff but really "oh, it upsets that player, let me do it again" kind of thing. If that is the way Naughty & Nice can be abused then I want no part of it. I agree with those here asking for a way to opt-out or block it... or why can't it just be Nice? Ways to help someone out? Random acts of kindness for someone in your co-op or just a random player.

Why foster negativity and potential hostility and hurt feelings when it could be a win-win scenario instead?

And now I'm going back to lurking. But I just had to say I can completely understand why, for someone like me who plays this game to relax and enjoy some free time and for the accomplishments of finishing tasks and leveling up, how Naughty pranks can be very upsetting and possibly even enough to drive someone away from the game. :(
    edited 03.07.2014
    starsie wrote: »
    But I just had to say I can completely understand why, for someone like me who plays this game to relax and enjoy some free time and for the accomplishments of finishing tasks and leveling up, how Naughty pranks can be very upsetting and possibly even enough to drive someone away from the game. :(

What fascinates me is all the time and effort and gold that must go into this for the person doing the bugging. I mean you would have to stock up on the pranks as the pranks are only available while the event is on. You would think they would have better things to do!
  • edited 03.07.2014
    Truth be told, I actually like the pranks, probably just because they give karma, and because they look pretty kool on the farms. In my co-op my members prank each other from time to time and we all understand it is just for fun. This is just my opinion though, and I understand that. But the designers of the game could have put something in the game even worse. Is 10 minutes to fix a field that much of a bother? (I know that the times are higher for different pranks.)

Edit to reply to Maxiroy, EXACTLY! You need to take being pranked as a compliment because someone thinks you are worth enough to spend money on and there time.

~Space~
    edited 03.07.2014
    When you think about it SSG i think the field prank is $250 so to do that 3 times is like 750 in GOLD, that is more than buying the first booster. The other pranks cost even more. The mystery box itself is $250 if you want to compare. I personally just don't get it, but that is just me. I definatley would consider it a compliment that you guys are worthy of this gold :D.
  • BriannospamGame (SKN1)BriannospamGame (SKN1) Posts: 1,803
    edited 03.07.2014
    Goodfella4 wrote: »
    Aaaaaand..... the prankster just won. Good job.

Seriously? It just doesn't make any sense to me. I don't understand why somebody would leave the game just because somebody LOVES them enough to spend gold on them. Those pranks are to laugh at, not close accounts over. Laugh it off and collect your karma points, use them to buy gifts for your co-op members. Who is the child here???????????????

To throw away a perfectly good level 109 account over a few pranks is baffling.

I have no psychological training.
    But I have myself many years ago had a deep mental depression, so I can speak from personal experience here:
    For people who are in normal good mental balance with themself, it is easy enough to say: Do not care about the harassment and just be happy for the karma they provide.

But:
    For someone who has a weak mind and maybe even in a depressive state, it is therefore not so easy to just say to themselves "never mind" when they meet resistance.

Although mental health problems are not visible as such. a broken leg, can mental illness be as resistant as serious visible disability.
    For those of you in the thread here who do not understand that pranks can be a serious problem for some people:
    Try to imagine what it would be for you that would make you some very fysicaly demanding tasks, such as. to climb up the stairs to the top of a very tall building, with both legs broken, or what in now or else you can imagine as something that will require skills which you does not belive you have.
  • jello (AU1)jello (AU1) Posts: 1,040
    edited 03.07.2014
    Well said Brian, I hope all is well with you now
  • Sandi4848 (US1)Sandi4848 (US1) Posts: 50
    edited 03.07.2014
    Thank you Brian! I have played this game and had wonderful friends in my co op and it is very sad to leave! I have spent 12+ hours a day on my farm when I was unable to do anything else in the real world. As I tried to explain to support several times, these pranks have become so much more to this guy than "pranks" it has turned into harassment! When I log into my farm in the morning and want to do a mission and he has pranked all 3 of my farms and it ties me up for the better part of an hour to undo what he has done then I am too tired to do a mission and God forbid I try to do a mission and have him in the group that I am competing with! It has turned into more trouble than it is worth. But the worst part is support wont do anything about it because they are selling him the tools to use in his stalking/harassment! One time is a prank two times maybe but when it keeps going on it is too much.
    edited 03.07.2014
    Well Sandi I am sorry you are going through this. I will say that you should have the option to block people from doing this, especially if you have blocked them from contacting you due to harrassment. I hope GGS will do something about that. It's unfortunate that a few bad players are ruining it for everyone else.
  • LVP789 (GB1)LVP789 (GB1) Posts: 9
    edited 04.07.2014
    There will always be aspects of the game that some people like and others don't, the old style 'chicken and egg project' for example, that my co-op loved, but lots of players hated and so GG modified it. Unlike this example and irrespective of the intention of the pranker (to gain advantage in a mission, to cause annoyance to a gaming rival, to bully or 'just a bit of fun' ) pranks, have the ability to cause some players real distress, they can cause harm and they should be removed.
  • ashley292ashley292 Posts: 231
    edited 04.07.2014
    I totally agree with Brian and Sandi..
    The insults are very hard for a weak(mentally) to digest..

Playing a prank upon someone in a friendly way is fine but hurting someone with insults is not at all tolerable and should really be complained about..
  • Kitty ReedKitty Reed Posts: 80
    edited 12.07.2014
    Why can't we see pranksters names on other farms ?
    i would like too see the names like on the gifted farms
    then we would see the pranksters have some fun
    wouldn't that be a real ball !!!!!!
    Why not GGS ?
    How about it ?
  • MrLewisMrLewis Posts: 1
    edited 14.07.2014
    Sandi4848 wrote: »
    Thank you Brian! I have played this game and had wonderful friends in my co op and it is very sad to leave! I have spent 12+ hours a day on my farm when I was unable to do anything else in the real world. As I tried to explain to support several times, these pranks have become so much more to this guy than "pranks" it has turned into harassment! When I log into my farm in the morning and want to do a mission and he has pranked all 3 of my farms and it ties me up for the better part of an hour to undo what he has done then I am too tired to do a mission and God forbid I try to do a mission and have him in the group that I am competing with! It has turned into more trouble than it is worth. But the worst part is support wont do anything about it because they are selling him the tools to use in his stalking/harassment! One time is a prank two times maybe but when it keeps going on it is too much.

Was reading a bit of this thread and was a bit surprised that no one has ever mentioned calling the police. Now this is for people who go beyond just playful salting your field once and a while this is meant for people who send you insulting mails, create multiple accounts to go after you, and day after day do things for the sole purpose of causing you stress. All you need to do is keep a record of what was done, screen shots of messages and such. If your local police department does not have a cyber crimes unit you may need to go a level or two up to either state police or the FBI. But yes it is a crime to harass people even if it is done solely online, and they can get court orders to reveal who the other person is in real life.

Here are a few links that may be useful
    http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/We_Find_Them/ways-handle-prevent-cyber-harassment/story?id=15973742
    http://www.ehow.com/how_6664782_report-internet-harassment.html
    if you are in the UK they have some very nice laws to protect you too
    http://www.report-it.org.uk/reporting_internet_hate_crime

Hope these help
  • AmazingJustyceAmazingJustyce Posts: 1
    edited 14.07.2014
    i know right
    :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights