Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Mismatched Missions - Unfair?

Comments

• Adrienne_chilisAdrienne_chilis Posts: 141
    edited 19.06.2014
    I agree. There is a coop on US1, I will not state the name, but they are built to produce eggs. Each member I've seen has at least 30-40 chicken coops. When I'm put against them with my six chicken coops, I wonder, "why, why, why,"... I'm not saying there should be a limit to how many of each shed you can build, but some more farness should be considered when deciding who goes up against whom.
  • 3kkk3kkk Posts: 2
    edited 19.06.2014
    Look at this

Attachment not found.
  • BriannospamGame (SKN1)BriannospamGame (SKN1) Posts: 1,803
    edited 19.06.2014
    3kkk, I think you should be proud you are number 5 in that company. :)
  • 3kkk3kkk Posts: 2
    edited 19.06.2014
    well I`m, but with all the proud, when I`ll be able to collect 600 certs that I need to upgrade retro lvl 3
  • Rock969 (US1)Rock969 (US1) US1 Posts: 10
    edited 19.06.2014
    I just got stuck in a mission with people growing corn. When I started some of them already had over 30,000 harvested. My three fields produce 18 corn each. My score isn't even showing up against these behemoths. I think I might have gotten taken for a ride on this one.
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 19.06.2014
    That is why I - already 2 months ago - suggested to make a difference between Factory-farms and Non-factory-farms. Not in the green = No missions!
    GGS will never separate gold-buyers from non-gold-buyers in the missions, because of the fact that they are a bussiness and need to earn their money.
    But they at least could separate Factory-Farms from Non-factory-farms! That would give missions more equivalency and would be fair.
  • imogen2imogen2 Posts: 1
    edited 19.06.2014
    some of the time they rip you off
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 19.06.2014
    Rock969 wrote: »
    I just got stuck in a mission with people growing corn. When I started some of them already had over 30,000 harvested. My three fields produce 18 corn each.

They didn't have 30,000 corn harvested. That's a bug that hasn't been fixed yet. It was showing reputation points in the rankings. When it gives you outrageous numbers like that, you can usually clear it by logging all the way off and back in.
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    edited 19.06.2014
    I like your parts of your idea Jiesta.....maybe separate missions into "in the green" and "in the red" meaning players are only matched up with others based on their happiness levels.
  • bustaa (US1)bustaa (US1) Posts: 126
    edited 20.06.2014
    ////////////////////////////////////////////////
  • MoonionsRule (US1)MoonionsRule (US1) US1 Posts: 491
    edited 20.06.2014
    Bustaa - it's up to you, to use gold in missions, not sure why you would do that anyway, you get points for placing in top 4 , usually ;)
    Yeah Clem, I get that too sometimes - the level difference is not great & whn you get somebody with whole farm of ducks in Eggs mission, you scr**ed anyway.

I'm more relaxed about missions play, I join & see if I can place in top four, if I win - even better, but not spending gold on it, no way 8)
  • the Mace3the Mace3 Posts: 5
    edited 22.06.2014
    The collect eggs and collect dung missions are the only ones worth bothering with! I get more certificates for placing 4th in the dung mission than for placing 1st in corn or wildflowers!
  • jo82jo82 Posts: 1
    edited 22.06.2014
    Yes, i have the same. I will never ever be able to compete with my 69 level against someone with level 110!!!!!
  • Ala123Ala123 Posts: 52
    edited 25.06.2014
    Typically, I, level 62, get matched with 5 other players with LEVELs ranging from 30 above me to 50 above. Last Mission they ranged from 91 to 115 !
  • Maggiltilda (NL1)Maggiltilda (NL1) NL1 Posts: 546
    edited 27.06.2014
    J hope that there are no more machines coming to earn with missions
    There 's no more fun with this missions
    The atmosphere in the coop is less, because if someone is coming to harvest they are doing a mission, no time for a chat with mutiple farms in a misssion,

Sometimes a dung mission with 102 certific., but mostly corn, flowers, corn and earn together 8 or 12 cert. 1 1/2 later my dung is now harvest
    When there are coming more missions for other machines I stop, but GGS wil not stop this, because many people skipping so that makes money.
  • rie222rie222 Posts: 1,074
    edited 27.06.2014
    jo82 wrote: »
    Yes, i have the same. I will never ever be able to compete with my 69 level against someone with level 110!!!!!

I beat players over level 100 all the time on my other farm on the other server. Its all in your stratedgy. I'm only level 64 and I'm matched with players over level 100. I know you don't have all your expansions so its a bit mismatched. But you can still beat them. Its all in how you build your farm.
  • ndf (US1)ndf (US1) Posts: 151
    edited 29.06.2014
    I hate the new mission, I want the dung one, but I keep getting the corn one 3 times in row, I wish I can choose the mission I want
  • Marycat (US1)Marycat (US1) US1 Posts: 33
    edited 01.07.2014
    I just finished a mission with 5 people level 105 to 138 and I'm Level 57! There was no way I could do any better than 6th place.
  • rhon (GB1)rhon (GB1) Guest, GB1 Posts: 1,542
    edited 01.07.2014
    Marycat wrote: »
    I just finished a mission with 5 people level 105 to 138 and I'm Level 57! There was no way I could do any better than 6th place.
    But you still won certificates and gained some RP, didn't you? Coming first is not a big deal, yes a few more certificates than coming in 6th place but not many more. Most of your certificate award comes from your effort, what you harvested or collected, with only a small increase for your position within the Mission
  • Marycat (US1)Marycat (US1) US1 Posts: 33
    edited 01.07.2014
    Thanks. I thought it made more of a difference.
  • RickGrimesRickGrimes Posts: 4
    edited 15.07.2014
    Just an idea. Not sure how hard it would be to implement, since I don't know coding that well. But I can't imagine it would be too tough:

They should have options to select the time-length of mission you're available for. So if you know you're gonna be tending for the next four hours, the missions could be more interesting. They could combine harvest items, like cabbage and eggs, like they do in the co-op missions. Maybe even have day long, or multiple day missions, with the rep points and certificates awarded accordingly. I think giving those types of options to players would make it much more enjoyable. Plus, offering longer missions would allow for harvest items from the gourmet and flower farms. I mean, you could even have one mission item be to fully loadout the boat. Basically, longer missions, and the choice for players to change their preferences, would be awesome!

Also, I agree with trying to put together farms that are similar in level. I don't understand why they changed this. Maybe it was too difficult for initial release of the new missions, but I hope they go back to it.
  • BriannospamGame (SKN1)BriannospamGame (SKN1) Posts: 1,803
    edited 15.07.2014
    Agree RickGrimes, it would be nice with an option to choose longer mission, so we also can do missions in products which takes longer time than a ½ hour.
  • Latten (DE1)Latten (DE1) Posts: 6,246
    edited 15.07.2014
    Alright guys, while I'm happy at the discussion, I'm not happy about the shaming going on in this thread :) Please stay polite and friendly, and if you feel the need to argue in a non-helpful way, rethink clicking that "Post Reply" button.

Thanks for continueing a focused and friendly discussion from now on,
    Timo
  • Sklyler StevensSklyler Stevens Posts: 9
    edited 15.07.2014
    Well, I am a level 63 and I love the missions. They have allowed me to level up my tractors consistently. I never buy gold and I take first place quite often, even against much higher level players at times. I also take other places; sometimes they are low or the lowest. The positive side is that you always get something for your efforts, and that is moving you towards the next tractor. I feel good about it even if less than 10 certificates are awarded. I just do missions the whole time I am playing and they add up. I play the game to have fun, and I do! : )
  • Hodor4Hodor4 Posts: 192
    edited 15.07.2014
    I agree with you Sklyler - everything I can gain is another contribution towards my tractor upgrades. And I even smile when I see a level 10 beating me - not because I think that (s)he's wasting gold, but simply because they are spending gold on this game which helps GGS to keep it free for me. :)
  • GalewoodGalewood Posts: 2
    edited 16.07.2014
    In a "collecting eggs" mission, how is it possible for a player to collect 1200 eggs within 1 second of mission start?
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 16.07.2014
    Take a look at their farm. Either they have a lot of chicken coops or they have ducks on their Gourmet farm. But I'm just assuming that you don't mean literally 1 second. They would take a few seconds to harvest.
  • GalewoodGalewood Posts: 2
    edited 16.07.2014
    Actually it was almost instantly. As soon as the mission started, I clicked the refresh button and a player was showing 1200 collected eggs.
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 16.07.2014
    They do not harvest their chicken- and duck coops untill they get an egg-mission. The minute the mission starts they click all their chicken/duck coops. They probably have handbooks for eggs also...

But then again, as soon as a mission starts, one always needs to click the mission-menu away to be able to start playing, which costs a few seconds and after that, one needs another few seconds to harvest at least a few chicken/duck coops.
  • rhinanarhinana Posts: 561
    edited 16.07.2014
    Sometimes the timers/clocks in-game are not 100% accurate. What may have been 1 second to you was actually 4 or 5 seconds to that other player. Also, by the time you refresh your mission board at least 3 seconds have gone by I'd wager.
Sign In to comment.