Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update - June 18th - Decos, second farm boosters and so much more!

Comments

• elunia13 (GB1)elunia13 (GB1) Posts: 162
    edited 18.06.2014
    Nafaru wrote: »
    Elunia13, did you just 'check' the applications or did you take any action with them?

As long as you don't accept or deny the application, the exclamation mark won't disappear. ;)

There were no applications to take any actions with! But the problem seems to have solved itself after I re-log. Thanks, Nafaru! :-)
  • MrsSGBrownUserMrsSGBrownUser Posts: 84
    edited 18.06.2014
    tampoon2 wrote: »
    Well, the Enchanted Tree only costs 140k vs. 350k. Of course we should be expecting a discount for the event decorations, but 2.5 times is a rather big difference. e.g. The campsite costs 77k while the barbecue area costs 160k.
    I was hoping for some expensive decorations (bought with money) which gives happiness >40. :)

GGS never gives regular decos worth more than 40 happiness but I was disappointed that so many of the new ones were worth so little and the highest wasn't even worth as much as a lake like duh.
  • lyrachat2 (AU1)lyrachat2 (AU1) Posts: 70
    edited 18.06.2014
    yeah as a higher level player i am pretty disappointed in the decos, if we were getting new ones to replace some of the old, u'd think they would be of equal or greater value, instead we get a new 5 x 4 that is the most expensie cash deco and it's about the cost of the event trees it would replace, and everything else is of a lower point value than the ones it could replace, i mentioned the higher level becuz once u get up there u need more decos of 70+ if the farm is to be profitable, unless u spend a ton of gold for the books..so u dont need as many plants and stables to make the same amount of stuff...altho only now that the ship is here am i even making enough to upgrade again...but there are no higher point decos, i'd pay for those in cash but wt the way they are making higher players gold of less value im getting kind of fed up the amount of gold needed to complete the events is completely rediculous and i mean even to speed up some of the parts and unless u can play every hour thru the events or speed up sections it just isnt possible wt the low ratios they'e put the ones that cant be sped up to...ik i got off track
    i just dont think they care very much about keeping older players as much as getting new ones to play
  • BriannospamGame (SKN1)BriannospamGame (SKN1) Posts: 1,803
    edited 18.06.2014
    GGS never gives regular decos worth more than 40 happiness but I was disappointed that so many of the new ones were worth so little and the highest wasn't even worth as much as a lake like duh.

Maybe you should try to find your calculator?
    The old lake is a 5x5 deco witch gives 38 happy = 1,52 happy per pattern
    The new flowering bushes is a 5x4 deco witch gives 'only' gives 33 happy = 1.65 happy per pattern = it's better than the lake imo
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    edited 19.06.2014
    I'm a bit more baffled as to why someones laundry would be a decoration? Based on this I can come forward and say my bedroom is extremely decorative at the moment lol
  • Pingo42Pingo42 Posts: 537
    edited 19.06.2014
    gizmo222 wrote: »
    I'm a bit more baffled as to why someones laundry would be a decoration? Based on this I can come forward and say my bedroom is extremely decorative at the moment lol

Heheh! As someone who has a clothesline, I do happen to think there's something appealing about the sight of washed clothes drying in the sun & breeze. But when it comes to your bedroom - I don't think I dare comment on that! :D
  • Nauna14Nauna14 Posts: 238
    edited 19.06.2014
    I looked for it, but couldn't find it - was there a mention of adding more achievements for the other two farms? and more projects for the co-ops in any upcoming upgrades?
  • aaabbb1 (INT1)aaabbb1 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,049
    edited 19.06.2014
    Nauna14 wrote: »
    I looked for it, but couldn't find it - was there a mention of adding more achievements for the other two farms? and more projects for the co-ops in any upcoming upgrades?

When you open a game, the newsletter that we always get (The racing farmer) shows new achievements and by the look of them, they belong to gourment farm. I don't no anything about the projects.
  • GeorgenollieUseGeorgenollieUse Posts: 1,801
    edited 19.06.2014
    Nauna14 wrote: »

The newspaper when you log in is telling us that there will be achievements added in the next big update - I see a sticker with a donkey, fruit cakes, and the transfer truck so these will at least incorporate the gourmet farm (can't tell by the picture, if the flower farm will be incorporated yet).
  • Hink (US1)Hink (US1) Posts: 17
    edited 19.06.2014
    Yakoska wrote: »
    They look nice, but I do wish they'd done different sizes... like a clothes like could be x2 instead of x3, etc.

I agree. I could use several deco's but only 2 wide.
  • Mirja (NL1)Mirja (NL1) Posts: 141
    edited 19.06.2014
    Yes, I also would like the Washingline give more happiness.
    But, there's another difference between Washingline and Wooden wagon : Washingline is aviable from level 14 where you need to be level 33 before you can buy the Wooden wagon.
    So I think the Washingline is a good deco for beginner's, until they have high level enough to go for better deco's :)

Ah yes, you're right. I overlooked that.
  • Nauna14Nauna14 Posts: 238
    edited 19.06.2014
    Okay, the Newsletter that is where I saw about the achievements! lol Thanks, and the projects?
  • rhon (GB1)rhon (GB1) Guest, GB1 Posts: 1,542
    edited 19.06.2014
    I absolutely love the countdown timer for the Architect before he leaves :) Thanks
  • skfromtx (US1)skfromtx (US1) Posts: 11
    edited 20.06.2014
    ?( For those of you that have a problem clicking on the buy specials now pop ups ~ TRY ~ when working on something off center it while you are working on it ~ The pop up always pops up in the center of the screen ~ that way you wont buy something you don't want right then !!! Just what it do so I thought I would pass it on ~ hopes it helps! 8)

skfromtx thoughts on pop ups
  • jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515
    edited 20.06.2014
    Samty wrote: »
    I absolutely love the countdown timer for the Architect before he leaves :) Thanks

Aww I didn't notice. :( I just clicked to upgrade my gate and didn't actually click on the architect. Thanks for posting Samty. I'll have to pay more attention next time. :)
  • Davidmackv (US1)Davidmackv (US1) Posts: 45
    edited 20.06.2014
    New Decos = Fail. The new ones are not any better than the old ones, unless you want to spend more gold. I thought I would get something to replace all the icecream trucks I have, but the new decos the same size have less happiness. Why not have a bunch of decos the same size, happiness and price, so we can just decorate with them? The architect interruption was a major fail also. Messed up everything. I do like the new handbooks, but why are the recipe handbooks twice as expensive?
  • ashim (IN1)ashim (IN1) IN1 Posts: 572
    edited 20.06.2014
    architect come in 3 shift ,but later he come in 2 shift thats wrong
  • jules314 (US1)jules314 (US1) US1 Posts: 399
    edited 20.06.2014
    Davidmackv wrote: »
    I do like the new handbooks, but why are the recipe handbooks twice as expensive?

Elementary my dear Davidmackv, the bakery has been a confusing thing since it arrived. Sell off raw items (because they've been maxed out with research bonuses) or make bakery products (and possibly make less). Upgrade bakery and have the farm out of commission for almost 3 days? Ask your coop members to donate lots of gold to get lots of new recruits and do the gourmet farm recipes research projects?

With the new boosters, you don't have to rush to get those done. Get more yield from the bakery by buying these premium priced books!

That's why GGS priced them this way I think... Personally, I think I will try to buy the first level for each one but then not sure if I will go for more. I have to see how much level 2 and onward will cost. Also, I haven't looked into it yet, but how will these work with the gourmet farm research bonus?
    edited 20.06.2014
    jules314 wrote: »
    Personally, I think I will try to buy the first level for each one but then not sure if I will go for more. I have to see how much level 2 and onward will cost.

That will probably be my strategy as well. And I'll probably wait until I get one of those 20% off deals before buying any of them. Actually, I've already received one of those offers on - I think it was barley - so with 20% off, the first level should be fairly affordable. I don't belong to a co-op, so I don't get those research benefits and I like the idea of getting paid a little more for the bakery products.
  • BriannospamGame (SKN1)BriannospamGame (SKN1) Posts: 1,803
    edited 20.06.2014
    Davidmackv wrote: »
    New Decos = Fail. The new ones are not any better than the old ones, unless you want to spend more gold. I thought I would get something to replace all the icecream trucks I have, but the new decos the same size have less happiness.

What are you talking about?
    The icecream truck is a 5x4 deco which gives 29 happiness and cost 140.000 dollars (need level 37)
    The new flowering bushes are also a 5x4 deco, but it gives 33 happiness and cost 350.000 dollars (need level 53)
    Ok, the flowering bushes have higher price than the icecream truck, but it also gives a little more happiness, and you can buy it for dollars.

The new seasaw is also little better than the old pile of goods. The are both 6x3, but there's a difference in their happiness, and the level needed to get them (and of course also their price and build time)
  • camii893camii893 Posts: 251
    edited 20.06.2014
    I'm confused...
    I'm not sure if anyone else has brought this up yet..

But I do a mission and click on the info button to see what I get and the Reputation Points tell me 2567 or something then plus an amount. Then Certificates say 25 plus 2 for the tractor...

I only end up getting the 2567 reputation points and the 25 certificates!?

I also don't see anywhere working out the bonus 10% reputation points for starting early?

I just did another mission and checked my reputation points and certificate amounts before and then after.

Before the Mission I had 300,489 Reptuation Points and 701 Certificates.

The Mission Told me that I got:

Certificates 47 + 3
    Reputation Points 14,072 + 671

Then when checking I only had:

748 Certificates
    314,561 Reputation Points

So basically I missed out on my extra 3 Certificates and 671 Reputation Points from the Farm Machines :/
  • Dimeptr (INT1)Dimeptr (INT1) INT1 Posts: 8
    edited 20.06.2014
    camii893 wrote: »
    I'm confused...
    So basically I missed out on my extra 3 Certificates and 671 Reputation Points from the Farm Machines :/

I can also confirm this bug is present.
    I have just played a mission and before it i had 543 certificates.
    on the mission I got 32 + 5 certificates
    at the end I only have 575 certificates instead of 580
  • CM NafaruCM Nafaru Posts: 1,325
    edited 20.06.2014
    camii893 wrote: »

Hey camii893,

I'm pretty sure you didn't miss out on either of the two. :)
    We know the display looks a bit misleading, but the bonus that is displayed there is already added to the overall sum of what you get..

Just imagine it reads:

14,072 (total)
    + 671 (already included but added through bonuses)

Regards,
    Steffi
  • GeorgenollieUseGeorgenollieUse Posts: 1,801
    edited 20.06.2014
    :) I apologize Nafaru - your answer is still slightly confusing - it took me a couple of readings to figure it out so I have included pictures.

I only verified the number of certificates but I am sure the reputation points work the same way. The first image shows the total of certificates you won - in this case I earned 71,

Attachment not found.

The information picture shows this total again as results and then tells me how many of those 71 came from the farm machines - in this case, 10. So without the farm machines, I would have earned 61.

Attachment not found.

My total of certificates did increase by 71 - went from 287 to 358 so I received all that I had earned.

Hope this helps. :)
  • camii893camii893 Posts: 251
    edited 20.06.2014
    Nafaru wrote: »
    Hey camii893,

I'm pretty sure you didn't miss out on either of the two. :)
    We know the display looks a bit misleading, but the bonus that is displayed there is already added to the overall sum of what you get..

Just imagine it reads:

14,072 (total)
    + 671 (already included but added through bonuses)

Regards,
    Steffi

Thanks Steffi,

I think it appears that the plus sign may be the cause of the confusion and maybe change it to say "From Farm Machines" or maybe have a line for before farm machines + farm machines = total result.

I do get now that the initial point of the plus sign was to say that Farm Machines Added xx to the result, instead of the Result plus Farm Machines.

Both very logical but very easy to be confused (and much easier for us to want it to mean the better meaning for us).

Is it possible to maybe sneak it somehow onto a developers desk with their already long list of things to do that haven't yet been added :P

Thanks,

Cameron :)
    edited 20.06.2014
    I don't know if there are plans for any more new decorations, but just in case I'll put in my request for particular sizes. I'd really like another 5x2 deco. The only one I've found is the rope lights, only available in a prime offer that I haven't seen in a while. It's a really useful size. And another size I find useful is 5x4. There are several 5x4 decos with moderate amounts of happiness (like the picnic area) but the only one I know of with higher happiness is the Unicorn statue, which is only available when that event is going on.
  • RubyfarmerRubyfarmer Posts: 90
    edited 21.06.2014
    Not overly excited with the new deco's GG not much there for the higher levels.... I've seen some fantastic ideas for deco's in the forum disappointed none of them where used! kinda the same thing happened with (dare I mention) the "horses" that have been requested many many times.. & we get donkeys! kind of get the feeling we are being mocked sometimes.
    Nice to see the mission bug has been fixed! :)
  • Goodfella4Goodfella4 Posts: 432
    edited 22.06.2014
    I have to admit im not at all a fan of the new Prime Spending. I would always just buy gold when the prime spending day showed up so I could get some great rewards, but now with not so much gold in the bank the rewards are not even worth it. I could care less for them and have no intent to buy gold just to get 25 xp, a few fertilizer, a couple premium humus, 20,000 bucks and a couple violet seeds(I already have 50 of those in storage). I am more than interested to know what players with a lot of gold sitting around are offered, and what they have to spend to get them. My spending day maxes out at 2,500 gold to be spent, and I have less that 400 gold left in the bank as of right now. I assume if I were to buy gold, the rewards would not change and my spending limit would not be affected.

What's up, GGS? Why mess with the prime spending day???? I used to look forward to that...

This is one change that has me frowning.
    edited 22.06.2014
    Goodfella4 wrote: »
    I have to admit im not at all a fan of the new Prime Spending.

Ditto that. I happen to have a fair bit of gold at the moment, because of some birthday money that was used to purchase a larger gold package in a 100% offer awhile back. I don't normally buy a lot of gold, this was more a one-time purchase that I plan to use on things that will benefit my game over the long haul, like better decos & blue houses.
    Goodfella4 wrote: »
    I am more than interested to know what players with a lot of gold sitting around are offered, and what they have to spend to get them.

Here's my offer: Spend 20,000 gold - get 220 fertilizer. Sorry, but my silo makes more fertilizer than I can use. Spend 45,000 gold - get 120 humus. Again, my composter makes more humus than I need. Spend 75,000 gold - get 230 violet seeds. Well, I don't mind violet seeds, but don't really need them. Spend 110,000 gold - get 1000 XP points. Again, I don't mind getting XP points, but I don't really have a problem earning them either. And the grand prize, for spending 150,000 gold - $2,500,000. Which is a little more than half of what my farm makes every day. None of those offers are worth anywhere near the amount of gold required to be spent.

The old offers, with the bridge as top prize, always made me want to spend gold because I like getting good decos and because the gold that had to be spent was reasonable, given that I am going to upgrade houses, etc, anyway. This prime spending offer just makes me want to keep my gold, which I doubt was the intended effect.
  • rick1558 (US1)rick1558 (US1) Posts: 17
    edited 22.06.2014
    I agree with you Pingo4 .... I received the same offer and it seems a little excessive to spend that much gold vs the rewards.

I really liked the previous Prime Spending offers where the top prize was a nice premium deco with a high points value.

Nothing special here, not even XP points for all of those violet seeds!
Sign In to comment.