Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Complaints re: Gold use...please take note

ruth1410ruth1410 Posts: 59
Hello to those reading. A piece of advice for those people who wish to message me during missions
complaining, having a dig or just to abuse me for using gold......please take note
1. Gold buying is part of the game
2. It is my right, choice and prerogative to buy & use gold
3. I will coincide gold use with missions & co-op projects and side tasks
4. I rarely use gold against my own co-op members unless we agree for a joint co-op reason (lots of fun)
5. USE THIS FORUM AS A MEANS OF VOICING YOUR DISPLEASURE
6. I don't have an issue with GGS doing missions for gold buyers and missions for non gold buyer
7. Complain at your peril but other avenues would be more beneficial to your disgruntled view.

I think that concludes my need to make a point.................

I will respond to nice messages during missions & would love to chat during missions but I will not respond to anyone else wishing to abuse/have a go at me

Happy farming to those of you who are enjoying your game playing with like minded people.

F.Y.I FARMING GEEKS ROCK 8)
Post edited by ruth1410 on

Comments

• bustaa (US1)bustaa (US1) Posts: 126
    edited 17.06.2014
    The only people that talk trash about the winner is a sore loser...
  • rhinanarhinana Posts: 561
    edited 17.06.2014
    I'm sorry you have been getting rude messages :( That is not in the spirit of this game. You should copy this to everyone who does send you those messages and then block them.
  • amaprincess1 (US1)amaprincess1 (US1) Posts: 636
    edited 17.06.2014
    It's people like you who keep us from getting bombed with spam and advertising. SHAME on you! ;-)

Keep on spending. People with brains appreciate it.
  • BriannospamGame (SKN1)BriannospamGame (SKN1) Posts: 1,803
    edited 17.06.2014
    Just out of curiosity, I have a question til mission gold users (I accept you use gold in mission if you feel for that :) )
    Do you always use gold in mission, or is it sometimes where you not use gold in missions?
    - Ruth mention nr 4, could there be other situation where you don't use gold, e.g. if it seems like it could be a better challenge for you to play the mission without using gold?
  • ruth1410ruth1410 Posts: 59
    edited 17.06.2014
    Just out of curiosity, I have a question til mission gold users (I accept you use gold in mission if you feel for that :) )
    Do you always use gold in mission, or is it sometimes where you not use gold in missions?
    - Ruth mention nr 4, could there be other situation where you don't use gold, e.g. if it seems like it could be a better challenge for you to play the mission without using gold?

Hi, there are times when I have no gold and times when I choose not to use gold, there are also times when playing in a mission against other members of my co-op that I will not use gold and or not beat them by choice because I do use gold and therefore have an advantage in missions.
    You mention the challenge of playing without gold, I understand what your saying! But for me it is a massive challenge and adrenalin rush to play against another golder, it works both ways.

I would love for GGS to have separate missions for gold & non gold players..... it would make a lot of people happier....

Thanks for the positive feed back on this thread...... I know my message was for a minority but I felt the need to suggest they use the forum to view their opinion instead of messaging me....
    Have an awesome day all :)
    edited 17.06.2014
    ruth1410 wrote: »
    But for me it is a massive challenge and adrenalin rush to play against another golder, it works both ways.
    Ok, that explains to me why I sometimes se 2 or several players fights with gold in a mission. :)
    I always have think to myself: Why did they do that? - those of them who not get the first place have used gold to be nr 2 or lower, wicth imo is waste of gold.
    I can now understand that when gold users fight with gold, is something like the same when e.g. poker-players playing with real money, the slot-machine player who hope to get the jackpot, and so on. :)
    ruth1410 wrote: »
    I would love for GGS to have separate missions for gold & non gold players..... it would make a lot of people happier....
    Agree, but I'm afraid it is very difficult to convince GGS that is a good idea.
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 17.06.2014
    I don't take it personal if someone passes me up by using gold. In a way it gives me satisfaction knowing that someone had to spend gold to beat me! ^^
    edited 17.06.2014
    I don't take it personal if someone passes me up by using gold. In a way it gives me satisfaction knowing that someone had to spend gold to beat me! ^^

great take on it farmerjohn 22.... I get beaten frequently gold or no gold and I sometimes send messages of congratulations to those who do beat me..... All's fair in love & harvesting :)
    Ok, that explains to me why I sometimes se 2 or several players fights with gold in a mission. :)
    I always have think to myself: Why did they do that? - those of them who not get the first place have used gold to be nr 2 or lower, wicth imo is waste of gold.
    I can now understand that when gold users fight with gold, is something like the same when e.g. poker-players playing with real money, the slot-machine player who hope to get the jackpot, and so on. :)

Agree, but I'm afraid it is very difficult to convince GGS that is a good idea.

I'm glad that I could shed some understanding to what drives the competitive nature of some of us.....

Have fun BriannospamGame2 & good luck to you :)

Edit by PINJO: merged posts, please use edit button
  • roadrunnernm (US1)roadrunnernm (US1) US1 Posts: 287
    edited 18.06.2014
    The other day I had the privilege to be paired off with one of the games top three players! I was a bit apprehensive but figured what the heck... I would give it a go!! As there were only the two us on the mission I figured no matter what I would get my certificates and I did! Thank you kind sir!!
    Gold or no gold it doesn't matter to me as I am playing for my certificates to get my upgrades.
    There is a slight problem sometimes and that is I don't have 20 duck ponds or 15 cow sheds!!! So as you can guess I do not do well with the dung missions!!! Come to think about it not too well with eggs either!! ROFL!!
    Enjoy the game!! HAPPY FARMING!!
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 18.06.2014
    Seriously?? Now that's uncalled for!! I must admit that I do not always feel happy when continuously being beaten by opponents who obviously use skip for gold, but to talk trash to the winner is out of the question. That's nasty!
    I feel sorry for you that you received rude messages!
    Try to ignore/block them and happy farming!
  • Lilypaddle (INT1)Lilypaddle (INT1) Posts: 614
    edited 18.06.2014
    People shouldn't get upset because people want to use gold in the missions. If it wasn't for the gold buyers spending their gold and buying, no game to be had.

Maybe dividing the non-gold and gold players is the way to go. But in the meantime, it is unfair and totally uncalled for to send these messages to the players that are spending their gold. If it bothers you that much and you HAVE to come in first everytime, don't play them.
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    edited 18.06.2014
    I just wait for the day ruth starts sending me trash talk messages because of my domination of her in missions lol

Why trash talk, if a golder irritates u voice your displeasure by bombarding her with pranks from the Naughty and Nice event (hint hint hint) :D
    edited 18.06.2014
    gizmo222 wrote: »
    I just wait for the day ruth starts sending me trash talk messages because of my domination of her in missions lol

Well, Good morning to you too DIZMO222 OOOPS I mean GIZZZZZZMO222
    The only reason you have the opportunity to have a go is that I am absent a lot this week and you finally have the chance of beating me in missions. Take it while you can my stirring friend I will have the last laugh as u are laid out in a paddock looking up at the triumphant arm raising of one of your own....ROFL :)

(for anyone not in the awesome "farming geeks" fraternity Gizmo22 is my well respected and much admired co-op leader... and fellow mission sparing partner)

Thanks for sharing Giz lol

oh & btw bad leader bad leader for suggesting N&N pranks DOOOH what to do with you, if karma works you will get them not me....lol
  • amaprincess1 (US1)amaprincess1 (US1) Posts: 636
    edited 18.06.2014
    ...Agree, but I'm afraid it is very difficult to convince GGS that is a good idea...

You misspelled "impossible to convince"... And understandably so. Gold use in missions would all but stop if they split missions into gold and non-gold. The result would be that everyone would play in the non-gold missions and people with higher production farms would dominate. Instead of using gold, high level players would win with sheer numbers. I think what many fail to understand is that gold does not only give advantage to experienced/high level players. Gold is the equalizer for LOWER level players. It levels the playing field and it doesn't tip it to any specific demographic. And that brings us to the bottom line. GGS is a business. Selling less gold will never be part of their business plan.
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    edited 18.06.2014
    The only reason I would be laid out in a paddock is because i'm laughing at your triumphant raised arm Ruth. If I am to be pranked I will use the resulting karma points to do good deeds on your main farm......you will need all the help you can get to catch me young lady! lol :p

Its weird that players take missions seriously enough to abuse others. Imagine what they would do if GGS made reputation points and certificates actually mean something after the garage is fully upgraded.
    edited 18.06.2014
    You misspelled "impossible to convince"... And understandably so. Gold use in missions would all but stop if they split missions into gold and non-gold.
    Hmmm, of course I see your point.
    But what now if they split up missions in this way:
    Type a: No gold allowed, you only win certificates and maybe a little reputation point.
    Type b: Gold are allowed, and the reward are higher numbers of certificates than in type a, and if type a get a little rep. point type b get get more rep points.
    - And why not a special type of reward like this : A week (or a month) that player who have won most gold missions get something very special, e.g. a deco which only can be won on this way, or something else which have a some value for a player who use gold in missions. Or maybe a diploma thing (which maybe also give a higher happiness for a limit period)?
  • Wildcard999Wildcard999 Posts: 967
    edited 18.06.2014
    Type a: No gold allowed, you only win certificates and maybe a little reputation point.

Lol, Type A is right. Only Type A's would win. ;D
  • yanaroxxyanaroxx Posts: 2,755
    edited 18.06.2014
    yea well type A n type B should get the same opportunities i guess... .__.
  • rie222rie222 Posts: 1,074
    edited 18.06.2014
    Good for you Ruth!! Gold buyers keep the game going. I'm a gold buyer too. No one should be sending you rude messages like that.
    edited 18.06.2014
    Willcard, since I have think both type a and type should be aviable at the same time, yes, youre right, most players would choose type a. But I think some players who like to playing gold mission with gold because the adrealin kick still would choose the type b sometimes, both for the adrealin kick, and maybe also for the extra rewards which not is aviable in type a missions.
    edited 18.06.2014
    Gidday all, an overwhelming amount of support, really wasn't expecting that and I am really grateful for the feedback.

Such great ideas have been bantered around as well, well done every one.

Now a quick word to my quick witted awesomely competitive (who me!) leader.... You VAMPIRE!......

Seriously every on have fun in missions and if we play against each other msg me if your not a golder and we will play without the golden gloves... lol so to speak

cheers Ruth : ))
  • Wildcard999Wildcard999 Posts: 967
    edited 18.06.2014
    yanaroxx wrote: »
    yea well type A n type B should get the same opportunities i guess... .__.

Lol, it was a joke. Type A personalities are high strung, take-no-prisoners winners. And since Factory Farms are assumed to always win no-gold missions...Type A's will be winning the Type A game. Play on words!
  • Edna d (US1)Edna d (US1) Posts: 20
    edited 22.11.2014
    So that's how people score so much in missions in so little time lol. I was trying to figure it out and was thinking maybe these players have a really large farm, but to be disrespectful towards you or any one else for using gold I don't get it ?( I'm a new player it's just my third day now and I won a few without using gold, lost a lot too but I play for fun. I never expect to win but the point every one play the way they choose and I don't want to be rude so I wouldn't say that the ones insulting you are stupid, they are but I wouldn't say it :D! Just ignore them and enjoy your game, if they choose to be rude it's because they are unhappy=not enjoying their game ( maybe at that time) so don't give them the pleasure of taking your joy away. :)
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 22.11.2014
    Edna d wrote: »
    So that's how people score so much in missions in so little time lol. I was trying to figure it out and was thinking maybe these players have a really large farm, but to be disrespectful towards you or any one else for using gold I don't get it ?( I'm a new player it's just my third day now and I won a few without using gold, lost a lot too but I play for fun. I never expect to win but the point every one play the way they choose and I don't want to be rude so I wouldn't say that the ones insulting you are stupid, they are but I wouldn't say it :D! Just ignore them and enjoy your game, if they choose to be rude it's because they are unhappy=not enjoying their game ( maybe at that time) so don't give them the pleasure of taking your joy away. :)

Your original thought was also correct, getting high scores does not automatically mean someone used gold, some people do have a LOT of chickens/ducks or fields & there are also some ways to boost your harvest. You will be getting those high numbers yourself soon enough!

Welcome to BF & happy farming! :thumbsup:
  • Ellen2132 (NL1)Ellen2132 (NL1) Posts: 96
    edited 22.11.2014
    Edna d wrote: »
    ..... and I don't want to be rude so I wouldn't say that the ones insulting you are stupid, they are but I wouldn't say it :D! .....
    I fully agree. I also would never say that, maybe i'd be thinking outloud, but I'd never say that. :)
    People, it's just a game.
    Have fun, enjoy and do not be rude to others if they play in a way you disagree
  • sdfktgksdfktgk Posts: 140
    edited 22.11.2014
    Bad form for anybody to go whining to a gold pusher. On the one hand, I can see blowouts and snipes as "bad form", but this isn't proper warfare tectics of 1642 here. It happens. Meh.

As for the gold pushers. YES PLEASE. I dare say double those efforts. Don't just win, win by a landslide. Go big or go home! I'll happily stay there in second place and ride your coat-tails getting more certs off of you, lol.

How or why people have this silly notion of "gold people are hated people" is beyond me. Uh.... that's what keeps this game afloat ( good or bad ). If somebody wants to spend their real life money on pretend corn, who am I to say it's right or wrong. Same as it's not my place to say what they do in their own lives, so long as it harm none or me, etc.

Get over it, whiners in pm's. Instead of complaining, thank you would be better said. After all, that gold push just paid for YOUR game. 'nuff said.
  • Dara (SKN1)Dara (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 2,638
    edited 22.11.2014
    I have to say, that i wish i could buy gold... but i can't, and i won't. I'd loved to use some gold to fasten things or even winning in missions. It is not so much gold game gives, i'll try to save it.
    Gold buyers do keep this game going, if they wants to use gold in missions, they have a right to do it.
    After all, this really is just a game, with or without the gold. Buy gold and use it if you want to, i'm just envious ;)
  • Margit kattMargit katt Posts: 153
    edited 01.12.2014
    Using gold or not - that's anyones own business. To be rude towards someone for using gold is absolutely not okey!

I do wish the missions would be separated so those who don't want to or can't can have their own missions. But it would also be good if we knew in advance what we are up against. I mean. On level 25 with maybe 2 hen houses you're suddenly up against someone above level 100 with 6 hen houses all on level 6.... How fair is that? And if yo'ure up against 5 that's way above you in levels and capacity, you wont get anything for even trying collect anything. It has happened to me, so I know. And evem if you would use gold - the chance of getting any reward is extremely slim unless you're rich enough to use plenty of gold. So. In many cases it's not a fair game at all.

There should be some kind of fair play in this. And that's up to GGS to fix - and not any players "fault" or responsibility. I do these missions to try get the necessary certificates for my garage as that's the only real award there is for this. Those reputation points I don't really get what they're good for. I believe all players have the same value and respected for who they are and that they are here for the joy of a good game. Doesn't matter if they are able to use gold or not. Or want to.
  • Godless Wench (US1)Godless Wench (US1) Posts: 128
    edited 01.12.2014
    sdfktgk wrote: »
    If somebody wants to spend their real life money on pretend corn, who am I to say it's right or wrong. Same as it's not my place to say what they do in their own lives, so long as it harm none or me, etc.

Get over it, whiners in pm's. Instead of complaining, thank you would be better said. After all, that gold push just paid for YOUR game. 'nuff said.

Hey, hey, hey,
    How are you doing? Great I hope. I agree with you about the "golders" as Thomas Jefferson once said: "It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." So what business is it of mine. Although I love to know why I keep getting matched against ppl double and triple my level. hahaha Take care my friend.

Ciao,
    Jan
  • edited 01.12.2014
    Just ignore these messages or block the person sending them to you is my advice.
    It is actually surprising that people like this play Big Farm which is meant to be a relaxing stress free game.
    As a non-gold buying member i dont mind if i get beaten in a mission by a person who uses gold because it is that person and all the other gold buyer that keep this game running (you might also want to mention this to them).
    In saying this thanks to you for keeping Big Farm running and i hope you have nicer encounter with other players.

Batman, Silly Farm WWW1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file