Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

leave coop

Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
We had player in coop who we have taken out because they had not been active for a while This player had donated over 1,000,000 plus few 1000 gold Are they entitled to gold back it costing real money
Post edited by Lesley52 (GB1) on

Comments

• rhinanarhinana Posts: 561
    edited 15.06.2014
    No you cannot take any gold back from a co-op.
  • GeorgenollieUseGeorgenollieUse Posts: 1,801
    edited 15.06.2014
    All donations to a co-op is final - whether it is gold or farm dollars and are unrefundable. Gold used to buy a researcher also will not be returned. My understanding is that if the player is in a research that they paid farm dollars for that is automatically refunded to them when you boot them. If they are leaving on their own, they can also retrieve the collectibles they have donated but they cannot retrieve if they used gold to buy them.
  • Wildcard999Wildcard999 Posts: 967
    edited 18.06.2014
    I was worried farm dollars would get refunded, so I made sure to get the research completed before booting an inactive player who'd bought a researcher with dollars. I figure if they're not playing anymore, they don't need it, and if they've been playing and are just ignoring me, my carrying their inactive farm in my co-op paid for the researcher.
  • BriannospamGame (SKN1)BriannospamGame (SKN1) Posts: 1,803
    edited 18.06.2014
    I you kick a player who have joined to a research with dollars before the research was started, the player will be removed as researcher and get his dollars back.
    If the player have buy a gold researcher he not get the gold back, and the gold researcher will stay, even you kick the player before the researh are started.
  • Summers3Summers3 Posts: 103
    edited 18.06.2014
    I was worried farm dollars would get refunded, so I made sure to get the research completed before booting an inactive player who'd bought a researcher with dollars. I figure if they're not playing anymore, they don't need it, and if they've been playing and are just ignoring me, my carrying their inactive farm in my co-op paid for the researcher.

Basically you made sure you could get whatever you wanted before kicking the person than instead of just kicking for being active.
  • Pingo42Pingo42 Posts: 537
    edited 18.06.2014
    All donations to a co-op is final - whether it is gold or farm dollars and are unrefundable. My understanding is that if the player is in a research that they paid farm dollars for that is automatically refunded to them when you boot them. If they are leaving on their own, they can also retrieve the collectibles they have donated but they cannot retrieve if they used gold to buy them.

If a player leaves a co-op on their own, what happens to a researcher they may have paid for with farm dollars? I know they can remove their money, but if they choose not to do so, is the money automatically refunded or does it stay with the research?
  • Larino (INT1)Larino (INT1) Posts: 4,572
    edited 18.06.2014
    Pingo42 wrote: »
    If a player leaves a co-op on their own, what happens to a researcher they may have paid for with farm dollars? I know they can remove their money, but if they choose not to do so, is the money automatically refunded or does it stay with the research?

It is refunded, provided the research has not been started yet. Collectibles do not automatically get refunded and you are 'stuck with' them if the player does not take them out. (probably a good thing for real co-ops, but a bad thing for the training co-op :P)
  • Pingo42Pingo42 Posts: 537
    edited 18.06.2014
    Larino wrote: »
    It is refunded, provided the research has not been started yet. Collectibles do not automatically get refunded and you are 'stuck with' them if the player does not take them out. (probably a good thing for real co-ops, but a bad thing for the training co-op :P)

Once again, I have to ask, Larino, is there anything you don't know about co-ops? :D

Thanks for the quick reply. I've started my travelling farmer idea (you might have noticed the thread in the "Players Looking for Co-ops" board), and that question was something I was wondering about. So I guess the travelling farmer won't be able to contribute to research. Not that I was necessarily going to, but I wondered about it.
    edited 18.06.2014
    Pingo42 wrote: »
    Once again, I have to ask, Larino, is there anything you don't know about co-ops? :D

Thanks for the quick reply. I've started my travelling farmer idea (you might have noticed the thread in the "Players Looking for Co-ops" board), and that question was something I was wondering about. So I guess the travelling farmer won't be able to contribute to research. Not that I was necessarily going to, but I wondered about it.

The travelling farmer could contribute to research as long as he makes sure the research has been started by a leader or deputy before he leaves the co-op again :) Once it is running it does not matter if you leave or stay :)

I am not really checking other forums than questions about the game, so no I did not notice that thread yet :P And something I do not know about co-ops. Lemme think about that one... May take me a while before I figure something out... :P
    edited 18.06.2014
    Thanks for mentioning the ad here, Pingo!
    Summers3 wrote: »
    Basically you made sure you could get whatever you wanted before kicking the person than instead of just kicking for being active.

You make it sound like I took advantage of someone. I've been looking at their status and for the past three weeks, they hadn't logged on even once. Idk about before that, but it'd been at least six months since the last time I'd noticed a lick of participation or activity from them. If they'd been at all active, they'd been ignoring allmy messages. That is nota team player.
  • jules314 (US1)jules314 (US1) US1 Posts: 399
    edited 18.06.2014
    Truthfully, I don't think you have to justify booting the inactive player since what you described isn't a member a cooperative wants to have. You've put in the effort to contact the player, gave them warning I'm sure, and used the shovels/donation activity to decide if they were participating in the coop's projects.

The only consolation is that you can give a message that says, we've appreciated your participation in the past and when you're ready to be active at that same level, please consider re-applying back to our coop.

In that sense, you don't have to feel the guilt of booting someone that donated gold, specifically, because you've extended an offer to have them join you again and reap the benefits they enjoyed when they did help out. In some cases, there are people who just want to join an established coop that has maxed out all the research bonuses and not do anymore work, per se. So you may not even see this player re-apply. :)
    edited 18.06.2014
    I gave everyone a week to respond and heard nothing back. This is after several months of attempts to contact all players.

I hadn't thought of thanking them for their service when they were active, mostly because only two booted players were really team players back when they were active. The rest rarely responded even when they were participating in things. I'll remember it for the next time though.

Thanks, Jules.
  • Nauna14Nauna14 Posts: 238
    edited 21.06.2014
    If a player that has left or been removed comes back into the co-op, do all of the statistics start over, or do they get the numbers back as well?
  • GenuineJodiGenuineJodi Posts: 20
    edited 21.06.2014
    Nauna14 wrote: »
    If a player that has left or been removed comes back into the co-op, do all of the statistics start over, or do they get the numbers back as well?

Reset as well.
  • DeAnna777 (US1)DeAnna777 (US1) Posts: 148
    edited 21.06.2014
    jules314 wrote: »
    Truthfully, I don't think you have to justify booting the inactive player since what you described isn't a member a cooperative wants to have. You've put in the effort to contact the player, gave them warning I'm sure, and used the shovels/donation activity to decide if they were participating in the coop's projects.

The only consolation is that you can give a message that says, we've appreciated your participation in the past and when you're ready to be active at that same level, please consider re-applying back to our coop.

In that sense, you don't have to feel the guilt of booting someone that donated gold, specifically, because you've extended an offer to have them join you again and reap the benefits they enjoyed when they did help out. In some cases, there are people who just want to join an established coop that has maxed out all the research bonuses and not do anymore work, per se. So you may not even see this player re-apply. :)

Why would a player join a co-op for those reasons, yet be inactive and not do anymore work by working their farms in order to reap the benefits you are insinuating they joined for..that doesn't make sense.
    edited 21.06.2014
    DeAnna777 wrote: »
    Why would a player join a co-op for those reasons, yet be inactive and not do anymore work by working their farms in order to reap the benefits you are insinuating they joined for..that doesn't make sense.

Why not? Get more money because of all the research that has been completed and not pay anything back to work on the farm for? There are plenty of people that would want that. They do not want anything of the hassle of a co-op with all the messages and requests and such. I had one of my trainees ignore me and to my deputy she said she was 'not much of a talker'. So I just threw her out. They want to be in a co-op because the game tells them to and they get more money while in one, but they do not want to get all the messages and pay stuff and help out :)
    edited 21.06.2014
    Larino wrote: »
    Why not? Get more money because of all the research that has been completed and not pay anything back to work on the farm for? There are plenty of people that would want that. They do not want anything of the hassle of a co-op with all the messages and requests and such. I had one of my trainees ignore me and to my deputy she said she was 'not much of a talker'. So I just threw her out. They want to be in a co-op because the game tells them to and they get more money while in one, but they do not want to get all the messages and pay stuff and help out :)

I think there are unfortunately lots of players like this. Perhaps it is just ignorance and if they knew more about co-op awesomeness they would be more inclined to participate, but that is my optimist side. My pessimist side knows some players are entitled and want all the benefits and to do nothing to get them.

On my new farms on different servers I was astonished to see how much gold you get for the co-op related tasks. I feel like it is too much and people are solely motivated to join a co-op because of it. If the reward was not quite so lucrative and instant, but had to be earned by say achieving 3 shovels on a project or buying a researcher 3 times perhaps players would be motivated to participate and learn about co-op activities. I think lots of players just join for the gold and then coast.

I really wish the co-op related tasks were more spread out and actually taught players how to be contributing members. Besides the "contribute collectibles" task and "water trees" task. It would be nice to see more consistent and continuous co-op related tasks, even ones the whole co-op could achieve as a team. Maybe one like complete project ___ with all members earning at least 3 shovels.

And I totally get not being chatty but responding to a message is common courtesy and takes less than a minute. It really bothers me when I message new members to remind them of our rules and get nothing in return. I always ask them if they have questions or need help, no response. And then the first thing that happens when they get booted for nonparticipation is they send a message "It's not fair you booted me, I just don't know how to do ___ or ___". Or "nobody told me I had to do that". Ugh.
  • edited 21.06.2014
    In our coop we give 2 warnings to our members for non participation, whether it is projects or research that they are not participating in. If they continue not to participate I then send them a written message as to why they were removed. We also do watch the red lights, this is inactivity in the coop and we do ask for members to be active, play 4 days to daily per week, when the light goes into red we then watch to see if the player comes back on if the light is red for 10 days they are then removed, the light goes red after 7 days so that is 17 days all together. If a member messages me with reasons that will make the light go red then we won't remove them unless it has been an extremely long time (1 month). I think these are a fair way to retain active members and weed out non participating ones. Do other coop leaders think this is a fair way?
    edited 21.06.2014
    rhinana wrote: »
    [...] And then the first thing that happens when they get booted for nonparticipation is they send a message "It's not fair you booted me, I just don't know how to do ___ or ___". Or "nobody told me I had to do that". Ugh.

Or "Why was I kicked out of your stupid co-op. You are a **** **** **** **** ****" (I literally got that message from a trainee once that was kicked because she turned orange. And no, she did not return the day after I kicked her, but a full 3 months later... Seriously?)

A lot of people join the training co-op when they are between level 6 and 10 (In my opinion that task to join a co-op comes WAY too early!) and turn orange immediately after joining. Usually I kick them and never hear anything from then again. Sometimes I get a message with "thank you" to the welcome message I sent a couple of days or even weeks or months after I kicked them - then I am like, errr, do you even know you are no longer in the co-op? So yeah - those tasks indeed to not really help and most tasks offering gold? Not a good idea...
    In our coop we give 2 warnings to our members for non participation, whether it is projects or research that they are not participating in. If they continue not to participate I then send them a written message as to why they were removed. We also do watch the red lights, this is inactivity in the coop and we do ask for members to be active, play 4 days to daily per week, when the light goes into red we then watch to see if the player comes back on if the light is red for 10 days they are then removed, the light goes red after 7 days so that is 17 days all together. If a member messages me with reasons that will make the light go red then we won't remove them unless it has been an extremely long time (1 month). I think these are a fair way to retain active members and weed out non participating ones. Do other coop leaders think this is a fair way?

You are way too kind imo ;) I warn them at least once, red dots get kicked within about 3 days (unless they let us know of course). If they were a really good member we offer them to come back if they are back and fully active again. If they were an average member they get an instant kick on red (with warning) and may not be allowed to come back. If they turn orange several times without notice we ask them what is going on. If it seems they are becoming less and less active and they have a reason for that we may consider removing them and sending them to a less active co-op.
    edited 21.06.2014

I think you are more than fair, you are very generous! In my co-op the general rule is if you go red without telling anyone about an absence, you're gone. If you were to come back and say "oh this is what happened, it was unexpected" then we would more than likely let you back in.

We too give multiple warning about inactivity. Try to engage the player on chat. Etc.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file