Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update - June 11th - All the small things - Discussion

There you go. 8)

Have fun discussing this small update.
Post edited by CM Nafaru on

Comments

• Andy128 (RU1)Andy128 (RU1) RU1 Posts: 2,526
    edited 10.06.2014
    The ship - Changes

The amount of products you already have in your storage will now be shown within the ship's window, so you will have a much easier time calculating for the next shipment. This will be shown as a tool tip for each product.

Thanks ) It will help.
  • edited 10.06.2014
    This should be a big plus! I have been writing them down so I can calculate what to do next. Sounds like a good update.
  • ezio auditore3ezio auditore3 Posts: 2,399
    edited 10.06.2014
    Decorations?? Yay!!!!!!! Time to save up for new land!!!! Inferior decos are about to go down! :D
  • connerk2connerk2 Posts: 177
    edited 10.06.2014
    How about fixing the bakery bug?
    The amount produced bug in the next production screen?
    Or the significant slowdown after the game has been running for more than 20 minutes?
    OR maybe even the broken link to the forum?
    Clean the house before you start bringing in more things.
  • DeAnna777 (US1)DeAnna777 (US1) Posts: 148
    edited 10.06.2014
    Yay!! new decos coming :)...and a thumbs up to product amounts now being shown in the ships window:thumbsup:
  • BriannospamGame (SKN1)BriannospamGame (SKN1) Posts: 1,803
    edited 10.06.2014
    connerk2 wrote: »
    How about fixing the bakery bug?
    The amount produced bug in the next production screen?
    Or the significant slowdown after the game has been running for more than 20 minutes?
    OR maybe even the broken link to the forum?
    Clean the house before you start bringing in more things.

As usual they keep holding their cards close to the body.
    - it's a little like going to the doctor, with a broken finger, and he say just take two aspirins, and that not have helps, then come back in a week.

But ok:
    this week's update will be a calm one - we're mostly working on as many bugfixes as we can possibly fit in, and a lot of small changes to the backend system.
    Let's hope that's cover the worst bugs.
  • chicaachicaa Posts: 437
    edited 10.06.2014
    Yay bug fixes!! Can't say how happy I am to hear that GGS will take this week to get the bugfixes in order.. Also am excited to see what the new decos will be!!
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    edited 10.06.2014
    Décor isn't until NEXT WEEK.
  • MJs MeadowsMJs Meadows Posts: 44
    edited 10.06.2014
    Bug fixes!!!! Thank you - Thank you - and Thank you some more!
  • Astromegz2Astromegz2 Posts: 18
    edited 10.06.2014
    Nafaru wrote: »
    There you go. 8)

Have fun discussing this small update.

It may be small but one of the most useful/helpful ones :) thank you for that;
    I confess I am not so excited re new decos; cant afford to keep replacing but that's not a complaint, just a comment. I really appreciate the bug fixes tho :))
  • jules314 (US1)jules314 (US1) US1 Posts: 399
    edited 11.06.2014
    Welcoming the new decorations with open arms. Really hoping for something along the lines of 5x4 or 5x5 that is higher than the lake's happiness. And if you can offer versions available for purchase with dollars or gold that would be wonderful :)
  • Anthem GirlAnthem Girl Posts: 68
    edited 11.06.2014
    YAY!!! can't wait,:rolleyes:
  • ritacba1 (AU1)ritacba1 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 266
    edited 11.06.2014
    when will the mission bug be looked at???? it is frustrating try to figure out if i am in a mission... and before you say anything i have done all the required stuff, reload, clear cache, changing farms. still the issue comes up not just for the first few missions but all missions that i am supposedly alone for and then when it finishes... looky i was with someone...

don't get me wrong love the updates lately, but there was no mention of the mission issue.
  • erryka (AU1)erryka (AU1) AU1 Posts: 132
    edited 11.06.2014
    ritacba12 wrote: »
    when will the mission bug be looked at???? it is frustrating try to figure out if i am in a mission... and before you say anything i have done all the required stuff, reload, clear cache, changing farms. still the issue comes up not just for the first few missions but all missions that i am supposedly alone for and then when it finishes... looky i was with someone...

don't get me wrong love the updates lately, but there was no mention of the mission issue.

Completely agree with everything rita said.

It has been like this since the last update.
  • edited 11.06.2014
    En1 has just undergone maintenance but I still cant see current stock in the ships window, was this period of maintenance the planned update or did something else happen?
  • Daytona (INT1)Daytona (INT1) Posts: 425
    edited 11.06.2014
    Aaarrrrggggghhhhh!!!

Hopefully they're fixing the mission bug, but that means... that I can't complete the mission... just when I had everything organised and lined up for a big finish !
  • CM NafaruCM Nafaru Posts: 1,325
    edited 11.06.2014
    En1 has just undergone maintenance but I still cant see current stock in the ships window, was this period of maintenance the planned update or did something else happen?

Hey Stork The Bear,

unfortunately we were just informed that this small change hat to be moved into next week's update.

Sorry for the confusion. :(

Regards,
    Steffi
  • BriannospamGame (SKN1)BriannospamGame (SKN1) Posts: 1,803
    edited 11.06.2014
    It seems like there's some problems to start the us server again?
    Skn is up again several minutes ago, but the us server is still down?
  • mrbond855mrbond855 Posts: 23
    edited 11.06.2014
    but i think after their try today to update they cause a problem for bazaar . the timer on Omar not work in correct
  • Terddybug (INT1)Terddybug (INT1) INT1 Posts: 63
    edited 11.06.2014
    We have a problem putting collections in for projects, please sort it out.
  • White _Doves (US1)White _Doves (US1) Posts: 1,200
    edited 11.06.2014
    This has been reported in Tech Bugs forum by someone else as well.
  • Bundy (INT1)Bundy (INT1) Posts: 27
    edited 11.06.2014
    Bug fixes? BUG FIXES?

I find myself asking why the developers are constantly adding new components and changing things when it is clear to a poor dumb retired Boilermaker like me that they have been ill thought out and even more poorly implemented.
    I have been asking myself this for over 6 months, actually to be more accurate since the down grade of the "Gourmet Farm" (more commonly known as THE MONEY PIT now days).

I would like to apply for a job in the development team please, I can't offer any technical computer knowledge or coding know how but don't believe that will be any drawback or burden on the team and the amount of common sense I have in the old grey matter should make for a well and truly balanced workplace. Seriously how can you justify making changes to the game that make play so unfair to so many players? And as if that weren't bad enough it causes twice the problems that it supposedly fixes or replaces. Why can't you have a test server or at least test it in-house first before inflicting it on us?

Just yesterday while spending quality time with members in my co-op my typing abilities improved 1000%. I was typing 600 words per minute and had to wait up to 30 seconds for the words to catch up. BUT wait, then I realized that I hadn't gained super powers, it was the game getting slower and slower. After 3 refreshes I just gave up. Whats the go with that? Don't tell me it's my server or cookies or my computer because I see it's not just me.

So before more "fixes" or "additions" are made to the game, how about the focus for the next month is solely on fixing the issues from previous updates? Or is that in the too hard basket? Come on, people buy your gold to play this game how about showing them that you listen to their concerns. That you do have the best interest in your customers?

1/ How about giving some useful information in regards to fixes and updates instead of just saying "its being looked at" or "that's is in next weeks fix" or "sorry but we ran out of time today we will try to get to it next time"?
    2/ Fix the game slowing down (or is this the preferred speed for developers?)
    3/ How about making the missions fair for everyone? I know if its fair you may miss out on a bit of gold income but have you ever thought that if you have happy players you might, just might make more from gold because people think they get value for money, probably not so that's why I thought I'd point it out to you.
    4/ Fix the accidental spending/use of gold. This would have to be one of the biggest and oldest issues in the game and yet I know you wont fix it because there is that loss of income again. Just stop for a moment, think (yes it may hurt at first so have an aspirin) but I grantee that if gold was not so easy to "accidentally" use people would buy more. That's common sense 101 (I can help out here remember).
    Clean the house before you start bringing in more changes. Focus on getting it right PLEASE.

It can't be that hard, and just think about the savings in wages you will make if you spend 20% extra time getting it right than 80% re doing everything.

I'd like to finish by using an analogy of the car industry.
    WOULD YOU CONTINUE TO BUY THE SAME CAR IF IT DIDN'T WORK MODEL AFTER MODEL AND RECALL AFTER RECALL?

Well if the answer to that is yes I understand why things run the way they do at GG
  • White _Doves (US1)White _Doves (US1) Posts: 1,200
    edited 11.06.2014
    Well put Bundy
  • usedoldboat (US1)usedoldboat (US1) Posts: 14
    edited 11.06.2014
    Why would we buy new deco's when we already know that GGS will just down grade them like they did a few months ago??? No way! Bug fix - about time.
  • jello (AU1)jello (AU1) Posts: 1,040
    edited 11.06.2014
    lmao bundy, and us boilies aint dumb, just chose the wrong trade lol
  • Instant Ocean (US1)Instant Ocean (US1) US1 Posts: 189
    edited 11.06.2014
    Honestly I have to admit that I'm a bit disappointed by what has been announced. Sure, the boat invent thing is a great idea and will be helpful, no doubt. But again, what about the dozens of lil' bugs that need to be fixed and are again ignored? Moving buildings, workers appearing in the middle of fields, buildings, etc... and then some. What about those bugs?

I cannot for the life of me understand why, if you guys decided that this week was " Bug Fix Week " did not tackle all of those or at the very least, some of them.

The other thing that bugs me the most is that, although like myself, so many others have numerously mentioned this, it is totally ignored, disregarded and never addressed by anyone.

LATTEN, brother, I know that you are the front guy and all this crap is not of your responsibility and you have NO control over it, but man, could you at least give us an answer as to why Devs chose to implement new extensions to the house instead of fixing the ceiling that leaks from just about everywhere? I realize that I put you between a rock and a hard place by asking this, but man, we need answers as to why the game is so "at best average" in terms of quality and attention to details. The ONLY system that works perfectly is the gold buying system. For some obscure reason, this one is not bugged at all.... Speaks volumes bro! ;)

Hope to have a reply soon from you... in the mean time be well,

IO :)
  • Bundy (INT1)Bundy (INT1) Posts: 27
    edited 12.06.2014
    HAHA so true jello. I guess its just so hard to understand the lack of thought and intelligence from people who are only so happy to take our money or not listen to customers concerns.

Like Instant Ocean said, "THE ONLY THING THAT WORKS IN THIS GAME WITHOUT BUGS IS THE SALE OF GOLD"

I would like to use a few old boily terms right now just in case they still haven't got the point but I fear it would only get the post removed, me banned from the forum or kicked out of the game altogether LMAO.

I'm not the sort of person to just let people be done wrong by without saying a few words though, not that GG ever listens to their customers. It's great to know I'm not alone though and I know there is at the very least 1 other person here who remembers what common sense is.
  • Latten (DE1)Latten (DE1) Posts: 6,246
    edited 12.06.2014
    Bundy4 wrote: »
    1/ How about giving some useful information in regards to fixes and updates instead of just saying "its being looked at" or "that's is in next weeks fix" or "sorry but we ran out of time today we will try to get to it next time"?
    2/ Fix the game slowing down (or is this the preferred speed for developers?)
    3/ How about making the missions fair for everyone? I know if its fair you may miss out on a bit of gold income but have you ever thought that if you have happy players you might, just might make more from gold because people think they get value for money, probably not so that's why I thought I'd point it out to you.
    4/ Fix the accidental spending/use of gold. This would have to be one of the biggest and oldest issues in the game and yet I know you wont fix it because there is that loss of income again. Just stop for a moment, think (yes it may hurt at first so have an aspirin) but I grantee that if gold was not so easy to "accidentally" use people would buy more. That's common sense 101 (I can help out here remember).

1) Because, simple as that, we more often than not do not know which bugs will be fixed prior to a new update. Thing is, bugfixes usually are worked on when all features are done and in the bag in time for the next update. The rest of development time until the update goes live is bugfixing. We'd love to give more information on every single bugfix, but it just won't be reasonable (or possible, for that matter) due to our very fast update scheduling.

2) We're on it!

3) Actually, the missions have never been as fair and fun as they are right now - we heard confirmation for this from lots and lots of users, and whenever we check our numbers, they confirm it. If you did like the previous mission concept better, that's a bummer. But I can assure you the majority likes them much better as they are now.

4) Also on it!

why [did] Devs chose to implement new extensions to the house instead of fixing the ceiling that leaks from just about everywhere? I realize that I put you between a rock and a hard place by asking this, but man, we need answers as to why the game is so "at best average" in terms of quality and attention to details. The ONLY system that works perfectly is the gold buying system. For some obscure reason, this one is not bugged at all.... Speaks volumes bro! ;)

Because, as said, our first priority is delivering new features. We try to roll out a content update every week (just even try to compare that to other browser games), and while there may be some bugs from time to time due to this schedule, we usually fix them as fast as possible, often with a hotfix right after they showed up.
    Also, for various bugs it's just close to impossible to test them from here, since they only show up for a group of users, or even just on the live server alone. Other bugs are simply way deeper rooted than it might seem they are: For example, if we just would have changed the yellow signs' size when that problem came up, it would have easily broken the whole game. Sometimes, the most obvious looking bugs are the most annoying ones for us.

Anyway, we are always trying to fix as many bugs with possible, with each weekly update. Sometimes we manage to kill a lot of them, sometimes - eh - not so many. Be sure though that we always have them in mind, even if it might not look like it at times.
  • VentrikulaVentrikula Posts: 1
    edited 12.06.2014
    I have a problem with my bakery since yesterday. I can't collect products from it and it really pisses me off. What's the problem?
  • PINJO1986 (NL1)PINJO1986 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,852
    edited 12.06.2014
    Ventrikula wrote: »
    I have a problem with my bakery since yesterday. I can't collect products from it and it really pisses me off. What's the problem?

There is a thread about it here. Hope this helps you with not collecting.
Sign In to comment.