Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Mismatched Missions - Unfair?

Comments

• Pecky (GB1)Pecky (GB1) Posts: 18
    edited 08.06.2014
    When is the mission setting going to be fixed? I am level 65 and just been pitted against someone who is level 262 to do wild flowers. The other people are level 123 & 104. I wonder who's going to be last?!!

They're becoming so ridiculous it's spoiling the game. I thought it was meant to be fixed last time there was maintenance :huh:
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    edited 08.06.2014
    I tend to agree and before i'm accused of being a sore loser I am well and truly settled in the top 3 reputation point leaders overall. I have won a lot of missions, also lost quite a few and while some can be fun it becomes a little tedious when up against high gold users. Garage is now fully upgraded so there's little to no motivation to even compete when reputation points mean nothing and certificates cant be used for anything. I still think missions should be separated into two categories.....gold and non-gold. It gets a bit ridiculous when you're up against someone that has tens of thousands wildflower or corn halfway into a mission.
  • Larino (INT1)Larino (INT1) Posts: 4,572
    edited 08.06.2014
    Are you using gold or doing exceptionally well on other missions? I haven't really had this problem, but I also do not do exceptionally well on either of them and do not use gold, so I think that evens it out nicely. At the point you do very well on some missions the system will try to place you in higher groups to try and even it out and also in missions you cannot do so well in. I am a level 90 myself. Sometimes there is a level 50 in my mission group and he wins, even from level 120. Probably because of gold use or very good planning on many fields/buildings.
  • edited 08.06.2014
    I think they have fixed it somehow. I just participated in a mission collecting wild flowers and in no time the others had 1-1,5 mill flowers (Rank 1 and 2 on the skn server where amongst them) while I was only harvesting the fields. After 5-10 min. the participants changed to others more equal while the goal and the running time of the mission stayed the same. It`s highly appreciated if this is the new guideline for the missions.
    edited 08.06.2014
    missup2 wrote: »
    I think they have fixed it somehow. I just participated in a mission collecting wild flowers and in no time the others had 1-1,5 mill flowers (Rank 1 and 2 on the skn server where amongst them) while I was only harvesting the fields. After 5-10 min. the participants changed to others more equal while the goal and the running time of the mission stayed the same. It`s highly appreciated if this is the new guideline for the missions.

Well actually that is not a fix but a bug. Missions show the rankings sometimes, with you placed somewhere in between. Sometimes that automatically gets fixed, sometimes that stays like that until the mission is over. The millions of flowers are not flowers, but RP. You are not actually competing against the number 1 and 2 on the server. It is annoying, because until it gets fixed you have no clue what your rank is.
  • edited 08.06.2014
    Ahh... Ok. I was about to edit my post because I realised it might be a bug instead of a fix. Thanx for posting anyway Larino.
  • FarmerAliRoxFarmerAliRox Posts: 52
    edited 08.06.2014
    hmm this doesnt seem quite so fair, dont think Im gonna win this one rofl

flowermission.jpg
  • SystemSystem Posts: 106,969
    edited 08.06.2014
    i think all the "new" things are getting to be a joke, obviously it is done to make us buy and use gold. with the mission it often looks like your placed against the top 3 players, but this often changes after a harvest! but ive just had 4 wild flower and 1 egg mission, while waiting for over 2 hours with my milk and pigs waiting for a dung mission! i thought they had fixed that ! obviously i do not have to do the missions but GGS kindly do a pop up every few minutes telling me there a mission to start, but you still have to wait for 1, so in theory there is no mission ready
    edited 08.06.2014
    hmm this doesnt seem quite so fair, dont think Im gonna win this one rofl

flowermission.jpg

Lol, buggity bug bug. That is what I was talking about. Stupid bugs showing the RP rankings instead of the mission ranking as it should be.
  • edited 08.06.2014
    I have decided to just live with the issues. No matter what, I still need the certificates and I don't want to waste my gold on the missions. I have plans for it and a limited gold supply.
    edited 08.06.2014
    Should have done this before. For all those that cannot or do not want to spend so much gold on the missions, here are some tips and tricks: http://bigfarmtips.wordpress.com/2014/05/31/all-about-missions-and-farm-machines/

The tips and tricks are the last part of the post :) I hope they may help some of you :)
  • Pingo42Pingo42 Posts: 537
    edited 08.06.2014
    I have decided to just live with the issues. No matter what, I still need the certificates and I don't want to waste my gold on the missions. I have plans for it and a limited gold supply.

That's pretty much my approach. It doesn't matter if I win a mission or not. As long as I participate, I'll collect a few certificates and eventually I'll have enough to build my next tractor. It all takes time, which is ok with me.
  • Pecky (GB1)Pecky (GB1) Posts: 18
    edited 08.06.2014
    I don't use gold for missions but in the last week at least I don't think I have been in a single mission where I am ranked at least 20 places below the next one. Only do a few a day as I have a life, maybe that's why I'm being punished :(

I can only conclude it's yet another scam to get us to buy and use gold for no genuine reason whatsoever.
  • hardyboysfanhardyboysfan Posts: 46
    edited 08.06.2014
    I have these bugs too. The missions show that I am competing against the #1 players on the web. WTF?!?!
  • Fibro_fog (US1)Fibro_fog (US1) US1 Posts: 29
    edited 09.06.2014
    Jiesta wrote: »
    Nafaru told us that after doing 2-3 missions this problem will be solved. And I can confirm that, in my third mission yesterday everything was back to normal again.

I've been playing missions for a couple of hours and everything was fine until this corn mission. Now the numbers are all skewed. How can we know how well we're doing without real numbers?
  • amaprincess1 (US1)amaprincess1 (US1) Posts: 636
    edited 09.06.2014
    gizmo222 wrote: »
    I tend to agree and before i'm accused of being a sore loser I am well and truly settled in the top 3 reputation point leaders overall. I have won a lot of missions, also lost quite a few and while some can be fun it becomes a little tedious when up against high gold users. Garage is now fully upgraded so there's little to no motivation to even compete when reputation points mean nothing and certificates cant be used for anything. I still think missions should be separated into two categories.....gold and non-gold. It gets a bit ridiculous when you're up against someone that has tens of thousands wildflower or corn halfway into a mission.

You know they pondered the possibility but they probably came up with the same conclusion that I was led to: No one will participate in the gold-only missions. If no one can spend gold in one mission reality, higher level players will just add production and wipe out the field. Gold levels the playing field for those who find themselves outmatched. Gold also pays the bills so I just don't see them rolling the dice that way.
  • edited 09.06.2014
    missions have change for the worse.i will never play 1 again.
  • jatoda (US1)jatoda (US1) Posts: 318
    edited 09.06.2014
    8) They just try to get you to spend gold for a little reward. They wont change. I don't care if I win or not. just get a few certificates and save them . My problem is the tools, very hard to come by. Would like some other way to get them. Maybe one tool box for filling the boat in certain amount of time, or have the dog dig one up once in awhile.
  • BriannospamGame (SKN1)BriannospamGame (SKN1) Posts: 1,803
    edited 09.06.2014
    Patience is all what we need for the tools. :)
    I now have a lot more tools than I need, because upgrading the machines only cost few tools.
    Now I just need a lot of certificates, for upgrading my machines.
  • Lisamark (US1)Lisamark (US1) US1 Posts: 20
    edited 09.06.2014
    I totally agree !...It's not being played fair at all anymore !! same things happened to me ..didnt mind doing them when they paired you with similar farms and levels...dont much care about the tractor anymore ! Plus some people are loaded with gold unlike me and they use it to skip to win !...GG is making alot of money ,the least they could do is make it fair again!!!
  • pip (AU1)pip (AU1) Posts: 1
    edited 11.06.2014
    I am on level 53 and when playing missions I repeatedly have to play against levels ranging from 111 to 125. How fair is that? they already start with more than 200.000 corn for instance. I can never win there. Why not match me with levels the same as mine, to keep the competition fair.
  • edited 11.06.2014
    If a player has 200,000 corn, then you are getting their rep points, not the actual amount of corn they have harvested. It is a glitch that will eventually be fixed.

As for playing against higher levels, this happens when you are really good in missions. You get matched up against others who perform as you do in a mission, supposedly. If you are doing well, then upper levels are who you battle.
  • Bundy (INT1)Bundy (INT1) Posts: 27
    edited 13.06.2014
    Attachment not found.

This seems to be GGS definition of a fair mission.

Who else things that this is fair? Do I need to alter my definition of fair for playing this game?

PLEASE, I NEED TO KNOW

Edited because I was just told you wont allow the pic due to players being shown there. Just fix the fairness of the missions and stop lying to us players about it. I finished 5th because the lower lvls used gold in the last minute. I dont care about gold use but how can I compete with players 40 levels higher?

Just for once an honest straight answer would be appreciated instead of the standard scripted reply all us players seem to get when we have a complaint.
    edited 14.06.2014
    Bundy4 wrote: »
    Attachment not found.

This seems to be GGS definition of a fair mission.

Who else things that this is fair? Do I need to alter my definition of fair for playing this game?

PLEASE, I NEED TO KNOW

Edited because I was just told you wont allow the pic due to players being shown there. Just fix the fairness of the missions and stop lying to us players about it. I finished 5th because the lower lvls used gold in the last minute. I dont care about gold use but how can I compete with players 40 levels higher?

Just for once an honest straight answer would be appreciated instead of the standard scripted reply all us players seem to get when we have a complaint.

First: I would wish you have placed your post in one of the many threads where The fairplay (or missing of it) are a relevant topic.
    - Because I feel it's oftopic in this thread, I ask myself sevaral times: Should I answer you or not?

But ok, here we go (when I hope maybe a mod can move this part of the thread to a more relevant thread):
    You have not tell anything about how many chicken coops and how many duck coops you and your opponnents have and not eighter anything about the levels in yours chicken and duck coops?
    - How should it be possible to evaluate the fiar play in that mission, without knowing anything about these significant informations?

Instead just to complain and criticize the fairplay in the mission, let's try to be constructive, see about we can find some ideas to make a setup wicth will do the random mission fair:

What about players levels in a limit area, e.g. only players between level 20-30 can be put in the same wildflower or corn mission... sounds fair, right?
    Hmmm, but some of these players have choose to have diffent stragtegies how many fields they want to have.
    Lets say player A only have 4 fields, player B 5, and player C 6 fields, and of course also the fields have different levels. - Is that fair to set these players up against each other? (remember luck with strategic use special seeds, ans strategic use of humus and gold can totaly change how much each of these players in the same level range can harvest!)

Let's try another setup, still with the same players from the other example (level 20-30 players), but now we take eggs or dung missions:
    Like before, there can be a big difference how many coops and stables these players have, and maybe player A from before have many coops and/or stables, even he only have 4 fields with a high level, when at the same time player C from before only have few coops and/or stables in a high level, even he have 6 fields. - Again, when remembering different strategies and gold can compltely change how much each of these players can harvest, is in this a fair scenary, even the players are in the same level range?

The 2 very different scenaries I have used here, tells me that a player level range not can be used to to make a fair setup in random missions, not even same player levels can be used, because 2 players with same level can have choose to very different strategies how many they have of each type of buildings and the buildings levels.

Ok, then let us do our own choice, witch type of mission we wnat to play: How many players do you then think would choose to play wild flowers? - (I will never choose a wild flower mission, if I can choose something else, and if there is nothing else than wild flowers.. ok, then I don't want to play a mission before there are something else than wilflowers aviable)

I'm sorry, but I can not find any good way to make a fair setup, witch can be used so the same players can meet each other in all different types of missions, so it also are a fair game in all types of missions. :(

I can see a mod now have moved us to a more relevant thread, thanks for that. :)
  • Bundy (INT1)Bundy (INT1) Posts: 27
    edited 14.06.2014
    Firstly BriannospamGame2 I'd just like to say "WHO'S A LITTLE BROWN NOSER THEN" I'm guessing after reading some of your previous posts your a wannabe MOD. That's ok we all want to be something.
    First: I would wish you have placed your post in one of the many threads where The fairplay (or missing of it) are a relevant topic.
    - Because I feel it's oftopic in this thread, I ask myself sevaral times: Should I answer you or not?

Ok so you cant think why I made that post where it was? Did you read back a little by any chance? Latten was indeed the one who made the point that people thought it was a fare system, I merely mentioned it could do with looking at in the game. I then provided a snap shot as evidence (after Latten's response) for other players to see and compare their experience and to judge Latten's response (which he made in that thread), so what your saying is that Latten should not have answered it in that tread? Wow that's a pretty dam powerful position to put yourself into. Tell me, how relevant would my post have been replying to Latten if I posted it somewhere else? It would have just appeared totally random. That is why it was in the tread it was, it's not rocket science.

As for your theory on the number of production buildings and levels can you clarify to me how having an extra 40 levels on another player is NOT a distinct advantage? Seriously, your not that silly are you? Would any person around level 100 NOT have their buildings at max level? If they didn't then they haven't been playing properly. I can provide all the names of the players I was put against for you to compare if you like, I did look and when I seen what I was up against I didn't even try after that and I'd even go out on a limb here and say that happens quite a lot. So short of using gold what chance is there of winning against those odds? NONE and that is the idea and the point. It does not matter what your strategy is, for me to have won I would have had to use gold.
    Playing against people 5 levels either side of your own level takes every advantage out bar gold. If 1 player has and extra building then that's their advantage but then for them to do that they will need 1 less building of another type or less decorations, it evens out. That is the trade off, some missions your in front some your behind but gold is the only way to compete with level gaps of 40 or more.

You write a lot of words but say very little.

So to answer your question, NO you should not have replied unless you had something of substance to add.
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 14.06.2014
    Wow! Now that is uncalled for!! IMO Briannospam did not mention 1 single improper word - he only tries to explain something, which I - for one - understood very well. Why responding so aggressively?

Me too, I do believe that the missions are not that fair, because I am most of the time being put up against factory-farms/gold-buyers, too! But then again, I understand perfectly what Briannospam tries to make clear.
    And indeed - your posts were changed to another thread, so apparently there was a reason to do so.
    edited 14.06.2014
    Firstly BriannospamGame2 I'd just like to say "WHO'S A LITTLE BROWN NOSER THEN" I'm guessing after reading some of your previous posts your a wannabe MOD. That's ok we all want to be something.
    It seems that you are still trying to shoot clay pigeons blindfolded?
    No thank you very much, I don't want to be a mod, not even if I was paid for it.
    If you have read all my postings, you also would have know that I'm also sometimes can give GGS a hard criticism ( at least I hope they feel it is hard in some case), and because of that I do not think that GGS want to have me as a mod.
    Try instead to think in this way: We are all our own mods, and if we want to do what we can to help fix all the errors, then one of the way to help, is not interrupt a thread where cm's and some players cooperate attempt to determine why the game is running sluggishly for some players, to instead begin to talk about unfair missions instead.
    I wish to help find the reason to why the game are slowly, and that's why I hoped the mission discussing be removed to a more relevant thread.
    - I'm quit sure Latten also can find us here, and if he find that necesarry. - Who knows, mayby it was Latten who moved us overhere? (I don't think it was, but it's possible)
    As for your theory on the number of production buildings and levels can you clarify to me how having an extra 40 levels on another player is NOT a distinct advantage? Seriously, your not that silly are you? Would any person around level 100 NOT have their buildings at max level? If they didn't then they haven't been playing properly.
    You want a documentation for that it's possible to beat a player with a much higher level? ok, what about this:
    Attachment not found.
    unfortunately I don't thinking take screen shoots of all the players farms, but I checked all my opponents in that mission, an I'mm 100% sure that both myself, and the number 3, 4, 5 and 6 could have been the number 1 in that mission with just we have used special seeds with luck, and even without spec seed, I quit sure we all could have taken that 1'st place just by using humus. (I don't use neighter spec seeds or humus in that mission, and I'm quite sure not eighters my opponents not eighter used spec seeds or humus)
    Playing against people 5 levels either side of your own level takes every advantage out bar gold.
    Again you're wrong.
    I have many times see 2 or more players fights against each other where they clearly used gold, and since only of of them being nr 1, the other(s) have used a lot of gold to be nr 2 (or lower) - and I get my a cheap laughter.
    - I have never understand why some players want to spend gold to be nr 2 or lower, but that's their buissness. The point is, even if you use lot of gold in a mission, you can risk to meet another gold user, and then you can risk to waste your gold to a position lower than nr 1.
    but gold is the only way to compete with level gaps of 40 or more.
    wrong, I have many times won over a player witch a much higher level than myself just by using a better strategy, or have luck with spec seeds where the higher level player don't have luck.
    I also many times have loose to a player with a much lower level than myself, where I don't was lucky with my spec seeds, when the lower level player have that luck. (and maybe the lower level player also used other strategies better than me, I don't know.

Try to accept this fact: Nobody, not even a hardcore gold player can be sure to be nr 1 in all missions.
  • Kat Nip (GB1)Kat Nip (GB1) GB1 Posts: 3,796
    edited 15.06.2014
    I moved the posts to this thread. As for anyone that decides to continue posting insults, their entire post will be removed and if it continues, I'll be taking further action.

Feel free to debate the issue at hand but under no circumstances are insults permitted on this forum. Hopefully that's clear. :)

Kat. Kittie_by_otomosc.gif
  • Farmer Clem (US1)Farmer Clem (US1) Posts: 40
    edited 18.06.2014
    I thought the new missions were supposed to be more fair? What a croc. For the second time, I get collect eggs. I have 5 chicken coops, and had 1 duck coop. The "winner" had 11 chicken coops and I can't remember how many ducks. Besides that, was over 40 levels ahead. This time the winner has 29, yes I wrote 29 chicken coops, and 11 ducks. How the h$%^ am I supposed to compete with that?????
  • BryanGamer78BryanGamer78 Posts: 1
    edited 19.06.2014
    I agree with you, what a pile of crap. Something can be done to fix this I'm sure.
Sign In to comment.