Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Storage question

GeorgenollieUseGeorgenollieUse Posts: 1,801
Currently I have two level 7 barns and a level 6 house which gives me a total of 2050 storage. I am debating about tearing down one of the barns so I can build a blue barn - what happens to my current storage if the item is maxed out. For example I have 2050 apples - will I still have that many or will it force me to sell the items over as soon as I tear down the barn?
Post edited by GeorgenollieUse on

Comments

• Pingo42Pingo42 Posts: 537
    edited 08.06.2014
    The things that you presently have in storage won't be affected. But while the new barn is under construction, you won't be able to add new items if they would exceed the sum of the capacity of your one red barn and the farmhouse. I hope that makes sense.

I tore down both my red barns awhile back and switched to blue ones. One of the blue barns is fully upgraded. The other isn't and may never be (or might eventually be) but I really like the extra storage capacity.
  • Kat Nip (GB1)Kat Nip (GB1) GB1 Posts: 3,796
    edited 08.06.2014
    It will be a pain for a short time while you build up your first blue barn Bevey. Though assuming that you only tear down one red barn initially, it won't take long for you to reach the same level of storage that you had with both red barns. Then you can build your second blue barn and it's all great from there.

I replaced both my red barns with level 5 blue barns not that long ago and in my opinion, it's well worth the short term inconvenience of changing them.

Kat. Kittie_by_otomosc.gif
  • Wildcard999Wildcard999 Posts: 967
    edited 08.06.2014
    Yeah, I'm planning on making the same change-over. I've actually stopped upgrading one of them because that's the one I plan to tear down first. I figure I might as well just upgrade the other one if I feel the need. It'll save me money in the end since I mostly do the upgrades to get the quests done.
  • myself22myself22 Posts: 53
    edited 08.06.2014
    I 'm wondering how much storage is enough ? I plan to upgrade my red barns and house to the max . At this capacity (2050 )wouldn't it be enough in storage to do the events and such ? Or do you guys feel more is better ? What's ideal ? If there such a thing as ideal .
  • rie222rie222 Posts: 1,074
    edited 08.06.2014
    HI myself, I highly recommend the blue barns if you can afford them. They are expensive. I think about $25 a piece. I have 4,200 space available after upgrading the Luxury house as well. This helps in so many areas around the farm. Events become so much easier to complete. It really is up to you how far you want to go as well. For me upgrading level 6 is entirely worth it to me. It also depends on your budget. Look at it this way, you have them always and they help you out on all 3 of your farms. No more selling continuously. It really is nice to have. Take care!
  • BriannospamGame (SKN1)BriannospamGame (SKN1) Posts: 1,803
    edited 08.06.2014
    myself22 wrote: »
    I 'm wondering how much storage is enough ? I plan to upgrade my red barns and house to the max . At this capacity (2050 )wouldn't it be enough in storage to do the events and such ? Or do you guys feel more is better ? What's ideal ? If there such a thing as ideal .

I have a 1950 storage (level 7 farm house, 1 level 7 red barn, and 1 level 6 red barn)
    Until we get the ship, I'm doing fine with that. :)
    But next time the architect vist us, I will upgrade the other barn to level 7, just to sure I can store and deliver if the ship what more than 1950 of something.
    edited 09.06.2014
    Enough is never enough. The best is blue barns, as Rie said, but they are expensive. I have two gold mining licenses, so I think I can get one fully upgraded or close to it, but not knowing the pricing on that, I wouldn't know. If anyone happens to know of a spreadsheet on that, I'd love a link!

I'm going to try for at least one blue barn.
  • Pingo42Pingo42 Posts: 537
    edited 09.06.2014
    Enough is never enough. The best is blue barns, as Rie said, but they are expensive. I have two gold mining licenses, so I think I can get one fully upgraded or close to it, but not knowing the pricing on that, I wouldn't know. If anyone happens to know of a spreadsheet on that, I'd love a link!

I'm going to try for at least one blue barn.

This page on the Big Farm Addiction Wiki has all the upgrade costs.
    edited 09.06.2014
    Thanks Pingo!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file