Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Please bring back the old style chicken and egg project

2»

Comments

• Runnerkim (GB1)Runnerkim (GB1) Posts: 93
    edited 05.06.2014
    rie222 wrote: »
    That is not what you did at all..you were rude and called me selfish...did you not? 2nd person to do so because I asked for no missions. case closed...So people who chose not to want missions in project Are selfish...that is according to you...so your backpeddling now? This is completely not logical...oh well. wouldn't expect you to be...Cannot handle people having a different opinion? Cannot come up with another solution to a problem can we? Cannot think our way out of a paperbag? thats your problem not mine. I have other things to do ..take care...I think all that can be said here has been. I'm not for missions in projects. I do them because i need tractors right now. They are no longer apart of projects and according to Latten they are no going to be. So no looks like you have a battle not I. have fun with this one.

No actually I didn't say you were selfish, I said the idea of stopping people from doing something they like is selfish. But if you took it that way I apologise. And yes I can think my way out of a paper bag and I have made a suggestion to this problem. It is a real shame something as simple as this is so out of hand. Some people want to do something and some don't, it is possible for both sides to be happy. I hope you can calm down because your message is really going over the top.
    As a matter of fact, we do all the projects... We don't do them all as much as we do others. Thats how we choose to play. However we do them all. The SP's for that project, was a nice reward. Now bc we prefer not to do that ONE we wouldn't get that reward. Obviously you're not going to understand.

And by the way, your comment was "just answer the question". That, to me, sounds like you think she is obligated to answer your question, because you said so. How selfish... HAHAHA...sorry... my bad... i should't be smart like that... but its funny so i had to...

It actually said 'just answer this question' which implies you are asking not demanding, if I had used the word 'the' you would be correct, but I didn't. No I am not going to understand your reasoning because it does not make sense. You can only do one project at once, you do not lose the points from a project because you choose to do a different one. That could only be true if it was the only project available which it is not. You can never lose points by choosing not to do one project over another.

Edit by PINJO: merged posts, please use edit button
  • joe_joe_joe3145joe_joe_joe3145 Posts: 3
    edited 05.06.2014
    I too would like to see it brought back.
  • Bweatherholt (US1)Bweatherholt (US1) Posts: 359
    edited 05.06.2014
    ......................deleted
    edited 05.06.2014
    Oh my god i must be talking to a child. The sp's for each project are different... The old project gave a good reward. If you didn't like the project you lose the reward bc you didn't do the project... The projects ALL have different rewards.... Yes you do lose the points... say i don't like that project so i do another...that has -30 sps... I lost 30 sps... Im done with this convo though... Just stop...its not going to happen anytime soon... Oh well.

That is so funny you obviously have no understanding of how the system works, luckily I expect others reading do understand how it works and know that if you choose not to do a project you do not lose the points, you just don't get them, you get the points for the project you do decide to do. rofl
    edited 05.06.2014
    .................deleted
    edited 05.06.2014
    Obviously you don't understand... The rewards are different... Some GIVE MORE... If you do not do the ones that give more, you get less... Comprehend , im sure you don't..

so apples collect 290,000 gives 31 points but apples collect 600,000 and begin humas 430 times gives 60 points. So by what you say if I choose to do the first one I am loosing out because it only gives 31 points. is that correct, no obligation to answer but as you think I am so stupid I hope you can help me to understand.
    edited 05.06.2014
    .........................deleted
    edited 05.06.2014
    Hey im not rude like you and call names. To answer you, Im not answering you. Obviously you just want to name call and act as though you are a child... Hopefully you join a co op that better suits your needs for help! Then maybe a dr.

Ok that was the sort of answer I expected, as my example clearly proves you wrong. The logic is clear you can do the first task twice in less time then the second and earn more points. So you clearly do not lose out by chossing projects with lower SP.

I have not called names and I have not been rude, there are no messages from me like that although there are from you. I have an excellent coop thank you we are ranked second.
  • rhinanarhinana Posts: 561
    edited 05.06.2014
    I agree with not bringing back the old style project as it was before. I would however agree with the creation of a new project somehow tied into the missions.

And I am pretty sure that the majority of player would not want to see that old project back. People agreeing with you on the forum does not indicate a majority. There are far more players who do not use the forum than those who do and that project was pretty universally unliked.

Emma663 et al. you better get started on that poll if you are going to keep mentioning the few vs the many and all that jazz...
  • PINJO1986 (NL1)PINJO1986 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,852
    edited 05.06.2014
    Latten wrote: »
    For now, we won't change it again - sorry, guys ^^

Like Latten said before in this thread, it won't change any time soon. And therefore i need to ask to just stay on topic and just give your opinion.

Thank you.
    edited 05.06.2014
    rhinana wrote: »
    I agree with not bringing back the old style project as it was before. I would however agree with the creation of a new project somehow tied into the missions.

And I am pretty sure that the majority of player would not want to see that old project back. People agreeing with you on the forum does not indicate a majority. There are far more players who do not use the forum than those who do and that project was pretty universally unliked.

Emma663 et al. you better get started on that poll if you are going to keep mentioning the few vs the many and all that jazz...

Hi Rhinana

I agree most people do not air their views on the forum and I know many people didn't like it. We are not asking for the exact same project to be bought back just something tied into missions. One of the major complaints about the project was that many people did not understand what they were supposed to do not the idea of doing a project with a mission, that was quoted by GGS not me. But many people did enjoy a project running with missions, it added an extra dimension to the missions and that is all we are asking:-)

I don't believe we are the few vs the many but there is no way to tell that from comments on the forum. I expect it is a much more even disagreement.

And thanks for adding some sanity to the discussion:-)
  • rie222rie222 Posts: 1,074
    edited 05.06.2014
    Runnerkim2 wrote: »
    Hi Rhinana

I agree most people do not air their views on the forum and I know many people didn't like it. We are not asking for the exact same project to be bought back just something tied into missions. One of the major complaints about the project was that many people did not understand what they were supposed to do not the idea of doing a project with a mission, that was quoted by GGS not me. But many people did enjoy a project running with missions, it added an extra dimension to the missions and that is all we are asking:-)

I don't believe we are the few vs the many but there is no way to tell that from comments on the forum. I expect it is a much more even disagreement.

And thanks for adding some sanity to the discussion:-)

After being called selfish for stating I didn't like missions apart of the projects, I stated to just ask for another project with missions...then you came along and called me selfish. How are you sane in this discussion again? FYI I was just stating that I didn't like the missions as part of the first project, Your as part of your multi count or if not your coop (highly suspect since your the one calling me selfish or two of you no matter, maybe the mods will look into it now) and it could have been a discussions going back and forth but instead you turned it into something different...For now the missions are apart of the tractors...Thats a lot of missions to have to do. Now you want them for projects. There are alot of people who are not happy about having to do them as is. If they incorporate them back into that one egg project with high sp's (which you don't understand so we won't go into it), people willed be T'd. So instead of insulting people here, you could have had a discussion. Which is what "sane" people do.
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 05.06.2014
    Emma663 wrote: »
    Why must two people who agree with the same thing be the same person having multi accounts? And three people who agree be all in the same co-op. LVP and Kim are most definitely separate players and yes, they are both in the same co-op as I am. Rosy is not, and is not even on the same server.

There were actually quite a lot of players who really enjoyed the competitive edge that having the rep points as one, it was only one of ten projects to chose from. The co-ops who didn't like it had 9 others to chose from that were just dull collect missions. However it is irrelevant what those who liked it think because those who didn't like it and could chose not to do it have been allowed to take the choice away from those of us who did like it. I don't like pranks - simple, I don't buy or use them! I don't demand they are taken out of the game. Anyway, as Lattern said, the decision has been made, no choice for any of us, end of.

Well said Emma! Although I did not like the project Chicken or Eggs with the mission in it at all, I will forever defend your right to have your say in the forums, too! Same to you Runnerkim.
    edited 05.06.2014
    PINJO1986 wrote: »
    Like Latten said before in this thread, it won't change any time soon. And therefore i need to ask to just stay on topic and just give your opinion.

Thank you.

Yes certainly Pinjo, we just wanted you to know for the future there are quite alot of people that would like to see some sort of new project tied into missions.

Thank you

Kim
  • EricaJ (US1)EricaJ (US1) Posts: 202
    edited 05.06.2014
    I would love to see a project that was connected to doing missions, we are all doing missions now so I can not see why a coop should not be allowed to choose to do a project that is helped along by doing the missions that we are doing anyway. And yes I do think it is selfish to stop people from doing something they like because you do not like it even though you could just ignore it and it would not have any effect on you.

Sorry you were never made to do that project, your coop choose to do it or not.

The problem with that line of reasoning is that it could (and probably would) change the nature of missions for everybody - including those whose co-ops are not doing that project and those who are not in co-ops at all. There have already been a number of people express quite a bit of frustration with missions, and some have said they won't be participating. If missions were brought back as a project requirement, I would expect them to become much more competitive than they are right now - which would likely result in even more players abandoning them.

Bear in mind, too, that the entire structure of missions has changed. Under the old system, a player could enter a milk collecting mission, login to harvest at 7 hour intervals, and do well with it. In the current system, players have no choice of mission type, and it could be very difficult for a co-op member to earn very many RPs if they cannot be online for hours on end. I understand that there are players and co-ops that enjoyed that project in the past, but it would be a very different experience with the new mission system.
    edited 05.06.2014
    Jiesta wrote: »
    Well said Emma! Although I did not like the project Chicken or Eggs with the mission in it at all, I will forever defend your right to have your say in the forums, too! Same to you Runnerkim.

LMAO fyi Jiesta spends her time running after my posts in the forum now...hahaha i love it! whether she agrees with them or not!!!! hahahaha ...YOu get em Jiesta...grrrrrr.....
  • jaystarr2jaystarr2 Posts: 1,657
    edited 05.06.2014
    Yes certainly Pinjo, we just wanted you to know for the future there are quite alot of people that would like to see some sort of new project tied into missions.

Numbers, please.

(Okay, this is probably the many vs. few thing the OP started again, but yeah.)

Also, Pinjo is a moderator and doesn't have the capacity to steer the direction that the game is going in. If you wanted to talk to someone about that, that would probably be Latten, who has already indicted that that's not going to happen.

ALOT2.png

Heh. :)
  • rhinanarhinana Posts: 561
    edited 05.06.2014
    EricaJ wrote: »
    The problem with that line of reasoning is that it could (and probably would) change the nature of missions for everybody - including those whose co-ops are not doing that project and those who are not in co-ops at all. There have already been a number of people express quite a bit of frustration with missions, and some have said they won't be participating. If missions were brought back as a project requirement, I would expect them to become much more competitive than they are right now - which would likely result in even more players abandoning them.

Bear in mind, too, that the entire structure of missions has changed. Under the old system, a player could enter a milk collecting mission, login to harvest at 7 hour intervals, and do well with it. In the current system, players have no choice of mission type, and it could be very difficult for a co-op member to earn very many RPs if they cannot be online for hours on end. I understand that there are players and co-ops that enjoyed that project in the past, but it would be a very different experience with the new mission system.

Great points EricaJ! I agree with everything you said, it would introduce a much more competitive (and potentially unfair) element into the missions.

I hope they either leave the missions separate from co-ops entirely or create a special mission section just for co-op projects.
    edited 05.06.2014
    rhinana wrote: »
    Great points EricaJ! I agree with everything you said, it would introduce a much more competitive element into the missions.

I hope they either leave the missions separate from co-ops entirely or create a special mission section just for co-op projects.

That would be interesting...coops projects...just say we had a list of projects identical all of them...one with missions one without...that would be really really interesting....not a bad idea Rhinana...See now this is a discussion.
    edited 05.06.2014
    rie222 wrote: »
    That would be interesting...coops projects...just say we had a list of projects identical all of them...one with missions one without...that would be really really interesting....not a bad idea Rhinana...See now this is a discussion.

yes this is what we are saying. Emma's first message asks for the style of the old project not necessarily that actual project to be bought back. But would it be fair for the projects to be exactly the same if on one side you had to do more work but get the same return. How about exactly the same projects but being able to replace some of the items by a certain amount of rep points. For example 290,000 apples gives 31 points so maybe we could have 250,000 apples + 250,000 rep points gives 31 points. This way the coop can choose which they prefer and it gives members of the coop without many orchards more chance to contribute than they may of had by doing some missions. How does something like that soound?
    edited 05.06.2014
    yes this is what we are saying. Emma's first message asks for the style of the old project not necessarily that actual project to be bought back. But would it be fair for the projects to be exactly the same if on one side you had to do more work but get the same return. How about exactly the same projects but being able to replace some of the items by a certain amount of rep points. For example 290,000 apples gives 31 points so maybe we could have 250,000 apples + 250,000 rep points gives 31 points. This way the coop can choose which they prefer and it gives members of the coop without many orchards more chance to contribute than they may of had by doing some missions. How does something like that soound?

NOt a bad idea... I think they should give more sp's though if we did missions though... :)
  • BriannospamGame (SKN1)BriannospamGame (SKN1) Posts: 1,803
    edited 06.06.2014
    Also I would like to see some new projects.
    But should some new projects absolutly have something to do with missions?
    Now the ship will take pigs, I think it should also be possible to make a mission with pigs, e.g. feed the pigs, or collecting pigs.
    Now where the eggs and milk from the gourmet also count in the projects, the why not a project where some of the other buildings on the gourmet have to be used: almonds, peach, leaves, dung, bakery things, products from the gormet fields and the water mill. - and yes, I now player lower than level 20 don't have a gourmet, and sp what? - then the co-op leader and the deputy just may remember that, before they start a gourmet projekt, as well they have to calculate what the small farms can help in the projects we already have now.
  • Kat Nip (GB1)Kat Nip (GB1) GB1 Posts: 3,796
    edited 06.06.2014
    Guys, please keep your posts respectful of the other members and debate the point of opinion, not the member. Translation - enough with the name calling and finger pointing. Also, keep your posts on topic.

Thank you,

Kat. Kittie_by_otomosc.gif
  • ezio auditore3ezio auditore3 Posts: 2,399
    edited 06.06.2014
    I'm really sorry for going off-topic but is anyone else as confuzzled as I am? A lot of mixed opinions in this thread lol :)

On-topic: GGS will do what's best for the game :) We'll have to see what that is. Until then, on wards to suggestion making :)
  • ujjwalcricketujjwalcricket Posts: 3
    edited 06.06.2014
    don,t bring it back if u will listen all of others then the game will become badAttachment not found.
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 06.06.2014
    THANKS Kat Nip !!
    edited 06.06.2014
    yes thanks Kat nip
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 07.06.2014
    I myself was glad that they took the reputation point requirement out of the missions. There will always be those who hate doing missions and I don't want to be the bad guy that tells my members they have to. That leaves the burden of doing the work to those few who do the missions on a regular basis. Would you force one of your members to do something that isn't fun for them? Not in MY coop! ^^

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file