Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Please bring back the old style chicken and egg project

Emma66 (GB1)Emma66 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 134
This was removed because players who could CHOOSE not to do this project didn't like it. They didn't like it because missions were unfair and because they didn't always understand that missions were required to complete the project.

You have fixed the missions as much as possible and you could make it very clear that missions are required.

Please bring back this project. Lots of us really enjoyed it, it brought our co-op together, gave the missions a purpose and was generally a lot of fun.

Those co-ops that don't like it can simply NOT pick it, simples!!!

Please, please, please bring it back!

yes, please bring it back

Edit by PINJO: merged posts, please use edit button
Post edited by Emma66 (GB1) on

Comments

• rie222rie222 Posts: 1,074
    edited 05.06.2014
    Please do not bring them back. I do not particularly like doing missions as is. Alot of people do not...And why are you answering yourself?
  • LVP789 (GB1)LVP789 (GB1) Posts: 9
    edited 05.06.2014
    then don't do them, nobody is making you! It is not compulsory, but I don't get just because you don't like them you want to stop everyone else who does. Stop being so selfish!

It does seem strange that if you don't like something you don't just avoid doing it, why complain about something that is optional and stop other people who enjoy it from doing it to. It does seem a bit petty to me.

Plus everyone is doing more missions now because of the machines, so maybe it would be a good time to bring it back.

• SystemSystem Posts: 106,969
    edited 05.06.2014
    I agree with Emma66 and LVP. If you don't like something, just don't do it. Let those who enjoy it carry on.
  • BriannospamGame (SKN1)BriannospamGame (SKN1) Posts: 1,803
    edited 05.06.2014
    I also do not want missions back to the egg project.
    When I play mission, it's because I want the machines.
    I don't want to risk my co-op friends and me miss a project beacuse me and my co-op friends not have won enouhg something in mission to complete a mission+ egg project (some players have a real life outside Bigfarm = family jobs etc).

Hmmmm...
    Emma66: Join Date 24.02.2013
    LVP789: Join Date 24.03.2013
    No comments, I'm just thinking...
  • Emma66 (GB1)Emma66 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 134
    edited 05.06.2014
    No Brian I am not LVP

I am just a player that thinks people should have a choice and don't think I should impose my likes and dislikes on other players
  • Latten (DE1)Latten (DE1) Posts: 6,246
    edited 05.06.2014
    Emma663 wrote: »
    yes, please bring it back

Ok, we'll bring it back.
    rie222 wrote: »
    Please do not bring them back. I do not particularly like doing missions as is. Alot of people do not...And why are you answering yourself?

Ok, we won't bring it back.

You see the problem? ;)

For now, we won't change it again - sorry, guys ^^
    edited 05.06.2014
    Thanks Latten. :)
  • edited 05.06.2014
    Thank You Latten

Though really I don't care, what happens. My co-op is only just now trying the new Chicken or The Egg Project, we have been avoiding it because it is a lot of stuff to collect in a short amount of time. Luckily though, I think we can do it now.
    With the old Chicken or the Egg Project, my co-op avoided that one too. Mostly because none of my co-op members would do missions. Of course now that I have more active co-op members, we might be able to complete that one too.

But it doesn't really matter to me. I don't really care for either Version of the Chicken or the Egg Project. But I guess some people.

Well that is my opinion, have a great day everyone, and Happy Farming!

~Space~
    edited 05.06.2014
    thanks for allowing the few to dictate to the many,

excellent decision to remove the choice from everyone because some don't like it

cheers to that

I don't like the UFO event because I don't believe in aliens and it's hard to complete and sometimes I'm not able to finish it, I therefore demand that you take it away from everybody because I don't like it
    edited 05.06.2014
    Emma, please give a real number of the many (names is not necessarry), and also give a real number of the few (names is not necessarry)
    edited 05.06.2014
    LVP789 wrote: »
    then don't do them, nobody is making you! It is not compulsory, but I don't get just because you don't like them you want to stop everyone else who does. Stop being so selfish!

Um you are made to do them. You had to complete the rep points to complete the project. Your name calling on the forum as Well. How about stop being so rude? Perhaps instead of being rude you can suggest two types of project and be smart? Ever think of that...Not everyone likes missions if you read the forum lately. I for one do not...that is being selfish requesting EVERYONE to like what you like...

Lmao Latten..see the problem..thanks Latten..please don't bring them back.
  • Bweatherholt (US1)Bweatherholt (US1) Posts: 359
    edited 05.06.2014
    .............deleted
  • GeorgenollieUseGeorgenollieUse Posts: 1,801
    edited 05.06.2014
    Truthfully the only time I played the old missions was when my co-op was doing that project . . . I was greatly relieved when it went away. Now with the new missions, I don't think they should be incorporated into the co-op projects either. Whether my members play missions to earn certificates to make tractors is their right - I should not force them to play missions if they don't want to. Currently the projects ask for things that the members are already producing so it is no issue of them assisting regardless of how long they are online for.

Unfortunately a game with this many players, GGS can not please everyone so it is not a matter of deferring to the minority or the majority . . . it is a matter of doing what they believe enhances the playing atmosphere. And before they removed the missions for the project - the majority of voices they heard (based on the comments I saw on the forum around that time) was how players hated that part of the project and they probably had the numbers backing that up - showing that co-ops avoided that particular project because of that requirement.
  • Runnerkim (GB1)Runnerkim (GB1) Posts: 93
    edited 05.06.2014
    I would love to see a project that was connected to doing missions, we are all doing missions now so I can not see why a coop should not be allowed to choose to do a project that is helped along by doing the missions that we are doing anyway. And yes I do think it is selfish to stop people from doing something they like because you do not like it even though you could just ignore it and it would not have any effect on you.

I would love to see a new project added to the list that involved missions. People that want to do it can do it and people that don't want to can ignore it. Would that not please both sides of the argument. What do you say to that Latten?
    Um you are made to do them. You had to complete the rep points to complete the project. Your name calling on the forum as Well. How about stop being so rude? Perhaps instead of being rude you can suggest two types of project and be smart? Ever think of that...Not everyone likes missions if you read the forum lately. I for one do not...that is being selfish requesting EVERYONE to like what you like...

Sorry you were never made to do that project, your coop choose to do it or not.

edited 05.06.2014
    Runnerkim2 wrote: »
    I would love to see a project that was connected to doing missions, we are all doing missions now so I can not see why a coop should not be allowed to choose to do a project that is helped along by doing the missions that we are doing anyway. And yes I do think it is selfish to stop people from doing something they like because you do not like it even though you could just ignore it and it would not have any effect on you.

I would love to see a new project added to the list that involved missions. People that want to do it can do it and people that don't want to can ignore it. Would that not please both sides of the argument. What do you say to that Latten?

hmmmm, used selfish...the other account used selfish on the same server..is this a multi account??? OH i think someone is breaking the rules and has two accounts on the same server!!!
  • david68 (GB1)david68 (GB1) Posts: 2
    edited 05.06.2014
    Yes please bring back something that involves missions and coop projects, it is a great idea. Don't understand why people would complain about it if they don't have to take part in them.
    edited 05.06.2014
    So let me get this straight, all the people who do not want missions apart of projects are selfish and all the people who want missions apart of projects are good natured kind generous people? correct?
    edited 05.06.2014
    hmmmm, used selfish...the other account used selfish on the same server..is this a multi account??? OH i think someone is breaking the rules and has two accounts on the same server!!!

Or could it be that I just read the comments about being selfish and agreed, how about answering my suggestion rather than making accusations.
    edited 05.06.2014
    Or could it be that I just read the comments about being selfish and agreed, how about answering my suggestion rather than making acquisitions.

Its one of two things. mulit or your whole coop... either way latten already answered...
    edited 05.06.2014
    So let me get this straight, all the people who do not want missions apart of projects are selfish and all the people who want missions apart of projects are good natured kind generous people? correct?

No not at all. Just answer this question. What is wrong with having a project that people do if they want and don't do if they don't want?
    edited 05.06.2014
    No not at all. Just answer this question. What is wrong with having a project that people do if they want and don't do if they don't want?

That is not what you did at all..you were rude and called me selfish...did you not? 2nd person to do so because I asked for no missions. case closed...So people who chose not to want missions in project Are selfish...that is according to you...so your backpeddling now? This is completely not logical...oh well. wouldn't expect you to be...Cannot handle people having a different opinion? Cannot come up with another solution to a problem can we? Cannot think our way out of a paperbag? thats your problem not mine. I have other things to do ..take care...I think all that can be said here has been. I'm not for missions in projects. I do them because i need tractors right now. They are no longer apart of projects and according to Latten they are no going to be. So no looks like you have a battle not I. have fun with this one.
    edited 05.06.2014

About that: "we are all doing missions now"
    Maybe all the members in your co-op now do lot's of missions every day, I don't know.
    - I guess that both Emma, Lvp, rosoposy and you all are in the same co-op?
    But in other threads I have read postings from players who don't want to play missions.

When I a day have all the machines, it's very posible I don't want to play more missions, if there not to that time is other things we can use the certificates to. As it is now, I play 1 or 2 mission each day, and as I remeber the old egg+mission projects it will not be enough to play 1 or 2 mission to do a project.
  • onthefarmonthefarm Posts: 6
    edited 05.06.2014
    We could do with some new projects, doing the same ones again and again is boring. We could finally have one involving pigs and missions.
  • jaystarr2jaystarr2 Posts: 1,657
    edited 05.06.2014
    Or could it be that I just read the comments about being selfish and agreed, how about answering my suggestion rather than making acquisitions.

Are there mergers as well? What/who are you acquiring? How very corporate! ;)

Also why are we even still talking about this; Latten has already denied that the OP's suggestion is going to happen.
    edited 05.06.2014
    jaystarr2 wrote: »
    Are there mergers as well? What/who are you acquiring? How very corporate! ;)

Also why are we even still talking about this; Latten has already denied that the OP's suggestion is going to happen.

Sorry god know what I was thinking when I typed that.

The reason we are still talking about it is that this is a forum which is for talking about things. Latten's answer was 'for now' not 'never'. If people would like to see a new project involving missions then they have the right to say so, then Latten will know for the future. Hope that answers your question:-)
    edited 05.06.2014
    Why must two people who agree with the same thing be the same person having multi accounts? And three people who agree be all in the same co-op. LVP and Kim are most definitely separate players and yes, they are both in the same co-op as I am. Rosy is not, and is not even on the same server.

There were actually quite a lot of players who really enjoyed the competitive edge that having the rep points as one, it was only one of ten projects to chose from. The co-ops who didn't like it had 9 others to chose from that were just dull collect missions. However it is irrelevant what those who liked it think because those who didn't like it and could chose not to do it have been allowed to take the choice away from those of us who did like it. I don't like pranks - simple, I don't buy or use them! I don't demand they are taken out of the game. Anyway, as Lattern said, the decision has been made, no choice for any of us, end of.
    edited 05.06.2014
    ..........................Deleted
  • jaystarr2jaystarr2 Posts: 1,657
    edited 05.06.2014
    Sorry god know what I was thinking when I typed that.
    It made me laugh.
    The reason we are still talking about it is that this is a forum which is for talking about things. Latten's answer was 'for now' not 'never'. If people would like to see a new project involving missions then they have the right to say so, then Latten will know for the future. Hope that answers your question:-)

No need to explain; I was asking a rhetorical question. It's extremely unlikely that they will consider this, and usually "not now" means "yeah we might come back but the likelihood is minimal". So while it's true you have a right to discuss it, it's probably really futile. That's actually fine by me since I don't care about staking the success of my co-op's project on something like whether or not the people I'm in a mission class with are using gold.
    edited 05.06.2014
    Rie, I didn't know you had an obligation to answer to, well anyone here. The reason it was taken away is because the majority didn't like that project. Now if the project is sitting idle for over half of the co ops on a server, why leave it there. Why not give everyone a project they will work on? Thats what they did.

I however like missions. I like the extra competition. But i don't want to see it in a project. I don't want to be forced to do a project because THAT particular project has a high value of sp's. I don't think that a co op should be forced to do mission for a project. Not only that, people who push would always get a high number, while the ppl who can not afford will always lose. More so if it were to be put into projects again.

No obligation at all, and I never said there was an obligation, I just thought it would be nice to hear an answer. I still do not understand why you think you would be forced to do the project, you do whatever projects suit your coop best. Do you really do all the projects equally even ones that your coop finds difficult or does your coop do the ones they find best suited to its members? Again no obligation to answer but I would be good to know.

Thanks
    edited 05.06.2014
    .....................deleted

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file