Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Mismatched Missions - Unfair?

ArtmakerArtmaker Posts: 415
edited 19.05.2017 in Most Discussed Topics
Been trying to keep up with ONE mission a day. Eventually I'll get tractor upgrades. Eventually.

But dang. I thought they at least tried to pair up people with similar farms so it's a matter of who is paying attention, who harvests and plants fastest. But I keep landing up against people there is no way in hell I could possibly challenge.

I have 4 cows, 4 chickens 3 pigs. Three farms all have the same. ALL THREE this morning went up against people in the POO mission and right off the bat I'm 2000+ behind????

So I looked up their farms. 12 fully upgraded cow sheds 10 chickens on one farm.
Another had a dozen or so of those small fields, 10 cows, 12 chickens.... ALL fully upgraded blue houses, blue barn, gold only decor.

What the hell? This is no challenge for those folks. One harvest and I'm out of the running.

The only good thing about this is we get certs even if coming in last place. But still. Why bother? My last tractor upgrade brought happiness up ONE LOUSY POINT!

And by the way. What do rep points do? Anything? Should I care of the game punishes me for not playing in these dumb missions at all? I stopped playing them before this upgrade and never missed it. Though I'd like to see what the tractor upgrades actually do, (perhaps that first one isn't the best.) But still. This is SO dumb. (Especially flowers. I hate that one.)
Post edited by WascallyWabbit (FormerMod) on

Comments

• Lilypaddle (INT1)Lilypaddle (INT1) Posts: 614
    edited 04.06.2014
    I have never really been a fan of the missions. I only did them when they were part of the egg mission in our co-op and now I am only doing them to get the certificates. I am just thankful that I only have to spend 30 minutes doing one mission.
  • rhinanarhinana Posts: 561
    edited 04.06.2014
    I've noticed that I am frequently getting paired up with levels 30-50 greater than my own (64) and it is super difficult to compete with those farms, even with special seeds and hummus. Not sure if the program is still working on sorting us or if this is mean to occur.

The missions are much more enjoyable when there's a tight race and everyone is on the same playing field. Not so much when one person is miles ahead of everyone else.
  • amaprincess1 (US1)amaprincess1 (US1) Posts: 636
    edited 04.06.2014
    The missions detract from the game, period. Epic fail, IMO. I'm sure the sniveling cheerleaders will take this as their cue and jump in at this point to tell you what a leap of genius this silly excuse for a feature is... Flawed concept any way you look at it.
  • sdfktgksdfktgk Posts: 140
    edited 04.06.2014
    It's a style of play, basically. Competition for bragging rights, if you will.

On the rep points issue, I don't really play into it. I played Empire. I played Gangster. Two similar games where level and ability meant something. Here, it means nothing unless you actually do those missions. Even then, a hyperactive level 40 can take on a slim build level 70 if they are aligned to make eggs. ( read 8 chicken coops Vs. 2 on the higher level). Is the mating fair? No. But it seems you are mated with others who have the same mission gains. Unfair, I know. What happens when a level 15 goes up against a level 150 who never does a mission. *BOOM* dead in the water. A bit unbalanced, likely.

rep points do have an advantage. If you are in a co-op and looking for active members ( before this whole tractor thing, anyways ), it was a good way to see who really worked hard and had that fight spirit in them. In a co-op, activity means EVERYTHING. Levels matters not. I'd take a hyperactive level 20 over a once every three days level 50. Now it's a bit ruined and the tactic has to change, though.

All in all, is it worth the frustration? If I had to give a review of the tractors, pushing a style of play ( competition ) and overall? I would say no. 2 out of 5 stars, so to speak. Most people are here due to build aspect. If the player vs. player aspect was wanted, you could go to another of the GGS games. We have sometimes players, momentary through the day players, etc. A more uhm.... relaxed crowd, if there is a label to assign.

The game doesn't punish you if you don't do the missions. Not even a little. It just doesn't reaward you anything in the way of the tractor facet and competiton of play mode. I'm ok with that. The gains are minimal at best and I'm not here to say my cows are better than your cows. So what if they are so ninja like that they tip themselves on occassion :P

The next time you are caught in that bind of slanted you Vs. a behemoth type play, just do what you normally do in the way of farming. Let it go, let it go, let it go. Grab your certificate and move onto the next mission. Another hint is to let everythig be "at the ready" and then search for a mission. This way from the onset you can have a quick release and gain. A LOT of people do that. At rare times, I have seen people spend gold on crops to gain the advantage ( Dear God, WHY, I do not know ).

Good luck. I hope something up there helped.
  • Yakoska (US1)Yakoska (US1) Posts: 1,631
    edited 04.06.2014
    I've been doing missions since they started, and I'm probably one of the people that gets complained about (through little fault of my own). I am routinely paired up (when I bother to look) with lower level farms. Why? Because I don't care if I win, which means I lose... a LOT. But yes, a level 35 is going to have a hard time keeping up with my 8 Chicken Coops in an egg mission. But I can almost guarantee unless my coop is doing a project which requires Corn or WFs, I will be getting my 60-125 of those and opting out.

My point of view on Missions/Certs and the Garage is simple. They are a very small add on. If you click mission, and run your farm the way you want to, at some point, you will be rewarded for this. Faster if you play a lot. Slower if you play a little.

The only way they detract from the game is if you let them. That is. If you are competitive and you care so much about winning a mini-game within the larger game that you don't want to play if you lose, OR you keep looking over the fence at someone else's greener grass (or faster building machines). If you keep your eyes focused on your farm (i.e. don't even hit refresh in a mission) you will eventually be pleasantly surprised by a bonus machine here or there.

To the critics who say the machines aren't worth the effort to win missions, I agree. But they are worth the effort to click 'find mission'. I mean, how hard is that? :) Try not to think of them as a goal... but a free bonus for working your farm. Another analogy: You work a job that pays X a year. There's a job that pays 1.01X) a year, but its more work, you'd probably not go after it. But, if after a year of working your job, your company give you a +.01X bonus just for doing the same work, you'd be happy! It may not be much, but its more than you were expecting :)

Edit> As for the title I agree... they aren't fair... and they aren't fun (for me). They just provide a little bonus now and then. :)
  • ArtmakerArtmaker Posts: 415
    edited 04.06.2014
    Yup, gotta keep it in perspective. Not "fair." And therefore not really fun. But... when I first log in and everything is ready to harvest, that's when I do a mission. I play while working on my coffee every morning.
    At least you don't have to be in the top three to win something anymore. So that much is good. So even if all I do is harvest, which shows I did something. I'll get something.

But it's no challenge. Not for me up against people way below or way above me. And not for others way below or way above me. The pairing system here is horrible.

now... to GGS..... It is sometimes tempting to push a harvest if your close. If a reward for a half hour of planting flowers over and over is a few extra certs, then yea, it's very tempting to spend a few coins and push a crop or two. But when one is THOUSANDS behind? What's the point? Just take what ever I get and be done with it.

So besides the fact it's not fun for us, it's not very profitable for you.
    Someone aught to rework how people are paired up. IE same number of farms, fields, sheds what ever. Same or similar levels. So the way to win is either be faster, not walk away, spend gold, and like that.
    Right now? Bah, who cares. I'll take what ever number of points and certs I get and move on.
  • Mouseslb (US1)Mouseslb (US1) US1 Posts: 63
    edited 04.06.2014
    What bothers me also not being paired with right level people not fair to beginners to be paired with even someone at my level 59,,but what ticks me the most is my site says I am third place and then I get rewared with 5th...This has happened to me quite a lot .
  • Bweatherholt (US1)Bweatherholt (US1) Posts: 359
    edited 04.06.2014
    This is what i assume about Mission.

1. The people you are paired with are not necessarily based on your levels. This is where Rep points come in. You get paired by the rep points (to the best of their ability of course, this number changes daily). Therefore that is why you lose them when not playing. So you will not always be, lets just say number one, even if you are not in mission any longer. This is why you get low level player and high level players. 10000 Rep points can be gained in one simple mission. So if you are within even a 10000 reach of the other person rep points, you're still pretty even.
    2.No matter what, Not everyone is going to have the same amount of sheds, coops and fields. If you were paired this way, more than likely you would always play the same people. Also these numbers can change daily. GGS would have to re-evaluate every day to suit this matter.
    3.Gold. Pushing. Another reason why you are paired with people of all levels. Someone who is level 40 can use more gold than someone who is level 90. Its always a possibility that someone is waiting until the last very second, to just annoy the heck out of you and push their way to the spot you worked for. Annoying as it is, this is what pays for the game.
    4. As the games go on, Rep points are earned, Im sure this will work itself out more. At least I'd hope so.
    5. Just put SOME effort into the mission so you'll at least gain a small amount of certificates in which you can put toward your garage.

Altogether I like the missions. I usually start one about 20 before my harvest is due. Then wait until i get the one i want. However I will not harvest things I will soon need for a co op project.
  • usedoldboat (US1)usedoldboat (US1) Posts: 14
    edited 04.06.2014
    The way I see it is the only real competition in missions is to see if your dumb enough to spend high value gold to win a low value item - certs.It appears that GGS has a good thing going because a LOT of people do just that. I just don't care if I win - Just turn the mission on and if it fits what I need on the farm great - otherwise ignore it and wait for the next one.
  • Bweatherholt (US1)Bweatherholt (US1) Posts: 359
    edited 04.06.2014
    The way I see it is the only real competition in missions is to see if your dumb enough to spend high value gold to win a low value item - certs.It appears that GGS has a good thing going because a LOT of people do just that. I just don't care if I win - Just turn the mission on and if it fits what I need on the farm great - otherwise ignore it and wait for the next one.

I agree. I'd rather win the ones that i have produce available already. There's much better use for gold. Some mission i do great. Others , like corn and wildflowers, I don't usually do so great.
  • rie222rie222 Posts: 1,074
    edited 04.06.2014

LIke this...very true very smart
  • AphasiaAphasia Posts: 223
    edited 05.06.2014
    All GGS games have elements of unfairness by design in order to tempt players to buy gold and spend it to even the playing field. It's nigh impossible to be competitive in any of their games as a free-to-play player. This is just the way things are, and the way things will continue to be.
  • BriannospamGame (SKN1)BriannospamGame (SKN1) Posts: 1,803
    edited 05.06.2014
    Aphasia wrote: »
    All GGS games have elements of unfairness by design in order to tempt players to buy gold and spend it to even the playing field. It's nigh impossible to be competitive in any of their games as a free-to-play player. This is just the way things are, and the way things will continue to be.

Not only GGS do that.
    All online games, also games from other providers than GGS have a lots of things designed so you have to pay real money to play the game, and Bigfarm is the only game I know of this type of games, where you can buy all the land with game-dollars.
    - I have try several games from other providers, where it's only the first 10 lands you can buy for the ingame-money, rest of the land-expansions you only can buy for real money.
  • AphasiaAphasia Posts: 223
    edited 05.06.2014
    Not only GGS do that.
    All online games, also games from other providers than GGS have a lots of things designed so you have to pay real money to play the game.

This is simply not true. I have several Free-to-play games I play that have only vanity items in the cash shop. That were designed in fact so that the free-to-player player could be competitive without spending a dime. Games that have been going on for 5 years or more with no signs of going belly up. GGS however goes with the 'get rich quick' business model. Their games seem to run 1-3 years and then development stops on them, and support practically vanishes.

My point though was that there's no sense complaining about how unfair anything in Big Farm is - It's that way by design.
  • rie222rie222 Posts: 1,074
    edited 05.06.2014
    Doesn't take money to win a missions. Even when I don't win, I do win something. I don't need to come in 1st. I don't come in 1st all the time. I certainly don't on my 2nd farm on the other server. I don't use gold either. I think the tractors are worth it though. In the long run gives me something to do and I get something postiive out of it everytime. (unless i don't contribute to the mission). Do I like doing missions...No. When I finish my tractors I won't do them anymore. There will be no need too. Take care.
  • Emma66 (GB1)Emma66 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 134
    edited 05.06.2014
    I almost never spend gold on missions, if I can be bothered to do a wildflower mission, and I usually can't, I will plant WF specials and speed in the last minute so it costs me 1 gold per field. I once speeded corn because the co-op were doing a corn project, but apart from that, I never use gold. Sometimes I win and sometimes I lose. My farm is set up for eggs, not for corn or flowers. I am only playing missions now to get the machines. Once I have the requisite certs I will not bother. I don't care about winning and I don't care about reputation points. I am happy for them to be part of the game because some people like to play them, and unlike many of you who seem to only want to allow the things in the game that you enjoy, I am happy for people to chose to play in a way that I chose not to. The only fun in playing missions was when the rep points counted towards the chicken and egg co-op project. But some of you didn't like that so stopped those of us that did from playing it. So here's a suggestion for you. I am not keen on the missions and so I trigger one before I start harvesting, play as normal whilst it runs and collect whatever certificates I get. Then when I have enough certificates I shall stop playing them and I will happily let those who want to play them and want to spend gold to pay for this game carry on. I'd also like to say thank you to all those who use gold in this game cos without you there wouldn't be a game!
  • pasohduah (INT1)pasohduah (INT1) Posts: 66
    edited 05.06.2014
    This mission seems to be okay for me. I just go for the mission only if I am ready with the harvest. Just 1 harvest and I am done with it. I wont waste 30 minutes in the mission. If I get some certs out of that, thats fine. If I dont get anything, thats fine too because the only extra effort i do is to click Find Mission. The others are still the same routine.
  • SusanPlayer99SusanPlayer99 Posts: 7
    edited 06.06.2014
    Hardly ANYONE likes the missions and no one in my co-op is doing them. What for? Who needs the seeds? Fugget about it.
  • Lesley52 (GB1)Lesley52 (GB1) Posts: 1,590
    edited 06.06.2014
    I have just done mission Collect dung I am in rank 1200s Winner rank 200 Out of curiocity I looked at their farm to see how they won by such huge margin They had 6 chicken coups I have 3 Their coups where upgraded more than mine Is this fair I think not
    edited 06.06.2014
    Ok THIS IS INSANE!!!! How much can firtile fields POSSIBLY produce????

Just started the flower mission.
    RIGHT OFF THE BAT someone has get this..... 810,209 I looked at their farm and they have only four firtile fields. WITH CORN IN THEM. Is this a bug? Glitch? What gives here?
    Did they BUY a mountain of flowers in the first few seconds of play?

Bah. I'm not even going to try with these things anymore. Just start them and forget it. I get what I get in the end. What ever happened to the THOUGHT that we get paired with like farms?

yuck

Well this has to be a bug. Two people show such high numbers. One has 675,083 flowers right now with 20 min yet to go. And it is still showing me in the lead. (I have 1254 now.)

Gotta be a glitch.

Edit by PINJO: merged posts, please use edit button
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 06.06.2014
    There are lots of threads/posts to be found about this bug, artmaker. So its a known bug and has already been addressed by Nafaru yesterday. The tab is only showing right numbers for you yourself; the other numbers shown are the total of reputation points of your opponents.

Nafaru told us that after doing 2-3 missions this problem will be solved. And I can confirm that, in my third mission yesterday everything was back to normal again.
  • sdfktgksdfktgk Posts: 140
    edited 06.06.2014
    def a bug. A screen cap for your amusement during a mission.

Attachment not found.

Aside from that I have only the one word of advice to help you through this game. Patience. If it so applies and I may be bold to add another, it would be decaf.
    edited 06.06.2014
    well yup. I ended up coming in first place. And got a LOUSY 6 certs for it. Came in third on another farm and got about 29 I think.

There is no logic to this. Missions could be a lot more fun if they only designed it better.

Oh well. I just think of them as something to do while I do my morning harvesting. Nothing more.

I must say though, the ship thing they just added is pretty sweet. I might actually earn enough to buy land, or upgrade the house or something big before the end of the next century. lol.
    edited 06.06.2014
    sdfktgk wrote: »
    def a bug. A screen cap for your amusement during a mission.

Attachment not found.

It is a bug.
    The numbers for your opponents shows their reputation points, not how much they have harvested in that mission.
  • misty0455 (US1)misty0455 (US1) Posts: 21
    edited 06.06.2014
    Hi I have a suggestion, with all the fuss about the happiness, nothing changed, when it all happened I was running 100% on all farms, I too have gone to look at farms who are producing so much so quick, they have no deco's I suggest happiness level has to be in green before anyone can do personnel missions, that makes it fair for everyone
    edited 06.06.2014
    Do somebody want to see a fair mission?
    Attachment not found.
    I checked out the other farms, and I'll mean everyone of the players in that mission could have been the winner in that mission. :)

For my own, I don't haved used spec seed's, and I miss the first harvest, because I was 2½ minute in the mission before I sow the first wildflowers and I don't used humus on any of my harvest in the hole mission.

The other opponents placed lower than me have the fields to win, if they have used a better strategy than they did....one of them have corn ready to harvest at least 10 minutes into the mission.
  • rhinanarhinana Posts: 561
    edited 06.06.2014
    Hi I have a suggestion, with all the fuss about the happiness, nothing changed, when it all happened I was running 100% on all farms, I too have gone to look at farms who are producing so much so quick, they have no deco's I suggest happiness level has to be in green before anyone can do personnel missions, that makes it fair for everyone

I respectfully disagree. If someone wants to run their farms with a positive (red) running cost that's their business, their strategy. I don't think it is at all fair to dictate someone's game playing in that manner.
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 06.06.2014

This is exactly what I suggested 4 weeks ago, christina! See thread The "Official" Mission Petition...; see posts 228 - 237 (I do not know how to put link in, sorry)...
  • andy123321 (GB1)andy123321 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 28
    edited 06.06.2014
    Its fun though when you are the person to wake up in the morning and get the "poo" mission and have 13 cows , 4 ducks, donkeys, goats and chickens waiting!
  • HazbeanHazbean Posts: 13
    edited 08.06.2014
    I have a level 58 farm and playing these missions feels like sports day. Sometimes I'm the fat kid. Sometimes I'm the bully. Either way they aren't fun.
Sign In to comment.