Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

MISSIONS, ! bad move for the Cooperatives

Comments

• WulwinaWulwina Posts: 54
    edited 29.05.2014
    I do missions when the coop is not doing a project that involves anything a mission could use. Apples and milk mostly. I am a higher level player who had not done a single mission before level 70. When I finally tried one I felt really bad because I was put up against level 25-30 farmers. Apparently we had the same amount of reputation points. I had 8 maxed out chicken coops to their 1 or 2 level 3 coops. This seemed very unfair to me.

We also have members that have put in extra coops and fields they use for missions. No one holds anything in our coop. We have never failed to complete a project and usually finish with many hours to spare.

There are gold crazy farmers but I just ignore them. I rarely even look at the running tally and only find out how I did at the end. I suppose some players need to "win". But it is their business how they play the game. I could not care less.

Moonshine, our cooperative never stops doing projects.
  • rhinanarhinana Posts: 561
    edited 29.05.2014
    Wulwina wrote: »
    Moonshine, our cooperative never stops doing projects.

Neither does Moonshine's. If you read the comment more carefully you would see they said "not doing a project that involves anything a mission could use".
  • jaystarr2jaystarr2 Posts: 1,657
    edited 29.05.2014
    Is this entire topic just advertising for Wulwina's co-op? :/
  • Bweatherholt (US1)Bweatherholt (US1) Posts: 359
    edited 30.05.2014
    jaystarr2 wrote: »

Sounds like it to me.

Therefore shouldn't this be moved or closed?
  • rie222rie222 Posts: 1,074
    edited 30.05.2014
    Sounds like it to me.

maybe the thread should be moved to Introductions and news.
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    edited 30.05.2014
    Optional my foot, if there is a penalty is not optional!!!

Its a 10% penalty on something that is irrelevant and cant be used for anything other than bragging rights. I dont understand what the big deal is about reputation points, does having them increase your profits? Does having them make your farm more efficient? Its all about rankings and to some people being number 1 is everything but that doesn't mean we should change the game to accommodate the few players that care about rank. Maybe if GGS made reputation points actually mean something then I might start caring.
  • amaprincess1 (US1)amaprincess1 (US1) Posts: 636
    edited 30.05.2014

This from someone who advertises in his sig line.... ;)

But if anyone thinks that's what's going down in this thread, I'm pretty sure we have no vacancy at the moment.
  • Sylvia70Sylvia70 Posts: 6
    edited 30.05.2014
    Randomly unrandom...
    Popping up with a corn mission right after collection corn.
    5 flower missions in a row when wheat is planted.
    Dung after egg or vice versus.
    Random? I think not.
  • Bweatherholt (US1)Bweatherholt (US1) Posts: 359
    edited 30.05.2014
    Its easy to have a vacancy for a good player though, correct?
    edited 30.05.2014
    Believe it or not, we don't roll that way. Assuming your suggestion is that we'd cut an active player for one more highly ranked or established, I have never seen it happen.
    edited 30.05.2014
    This from someone who advertises in his sig line.... ;)

But if anyone thinks that's what's going down in this thread, I'm pretty sure we have no vacancy at the moment.

I'm a she, thank you very much :P

Okay, if that's not what's going on in this thread, can Wulwina please explain what her point is? It doesn't seem like the missions are harming your co-op from what you've said on this page, but the first post says that they are and therefore require fixing or changing so that they will benefit your co-op... I'm confused. :/
    edited 30.05.2014
    Actually it is others pointing at our co-op in particular though she certainly and understandably used her own observations to make a point. Pretty sure that point was that it is harmful to co-ops IN GENERAL. Specifically, it slows down the rate of progress on co-op projects. The conclusion jump was your own. Sorry...
    edited 30.05.2014
    Okay, I get that hers is a claim that it is harmful to co-ops generally, but then it just seems odd to me that she'd say that but then say that her SPECIFIC co-op wasn't really suffering, hence the confusion. The structure of her point is something like "Generally this is bad for everyone, but I'm okay", which is weird because then is she speaking about her co-op as well in the general claim, or not? If not, why's she speaking for the other co-ops?

I don't know if I'm reading too much into it but I'm not really seeing how the complaint and the subsequent posts from the OP line up. That's kind why I'd like her to clarify what she meant, just so that we're all not misreading her point. ;)
    edited 30.05.2014
    Can't speak for her but we've talked about it in chat. I KNOW that it has affected production efficiency in our co-op. We probably only complete about 7 or 8 high point projects a day now compared to maybe 9 or 10 before.

With that said, I also know that we are still outpacing the competition. Our lead continues to grow so I am left to assume that either 7 or 8 is still more than what the competition is capable of producing or (maybe "and/or"...) more likely the competition is similarly affected.

Combine the two above ideas and I think you can see where it is not unreasonable to assert both. (ie: It IS hurting our co-op as specified but not to the point where our position is at risk.)
  • jess_d (US1)jess_d (US1) US1 Posts: 3,515
    edited 30.05.2014
    Sounds like it to me.

I totally agree! Why complain about missions affecting cooperatives then saying their co-op will always be number 1 as if no one can pass them (Hahahahaha). This thread seems to only be about bragging rights :p

If missions aren't hurting your rank then what's the problem? Maybe your fellow members aren't as dedicated to the co-op as you may have thought?

I do what I can with missions without letting it affect my contribution to the project we're currently running. :D

Really??? What does it mean when there's a little guy & a magnifying glass next to you co-op's name?
    edited 30.05.2014
    Oh, someone else advertising their co-op in their sig line. And this one even has a link! Oh the irony! ;) But in answer to your question, apply and find out. Last seat is reserved and spoken for, I'm 'fraid.

And to be sure I'm in the right place, this is the suggestions forum right? Didn't realize that we had to check with Success Team before posting in here. My bad.
    edited 30.05.2014
    If this really is advertising or not, I would never want to join a co-op where it's members behave like this, "number one ranked" or not.
  • Kat Nip (GB1)Kat Nip (GB1) GB1 Posts: 3,796
    edited 30.05.2014
    Hey guys, lets just get back to discussing the topic of the thread please. :)

Kat. Kittie_by_otomosc.gif
    edited 30.05.2014
    Pretty sure the Success folks know I'm only messing with them tongue-in-cheek. They do now if they didn't...

Anyway, it's not just the effect the new missions have on production that bothers me. The community aspect of the co-op seems to be affected as well. The pace of the 30 minute missions have reduced chat to hit-and-run conversations. I realize that this could not have been a foreseen consequence but it is a consequence nonetheless.
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 30.05.2014
    I do believe it to be utterly unfair to win from players who decide not to compete; I was 3x in a row now with players whose number stays at 0 - they just refuse to compete because it is not interesting enough to them - and then I am punished for it.
    I do all efforts, win and then gain only 4 or 5 certificates. WHY? It is not my fault that the others do not play!!
  • DeAnna777 (US1)DeAnna777 (US1) Posts: 148
    edited 30.05.2014
    yes, is sad, we are trying to convince people on cooperatives so far behind they think they are first. They can't see our point. Which is very easy to see. We will continue to be number one no matter what.

Oh really :whistling:....X(
  • White _Doves (US1)White _Doves (US1) Posts: 1,200
    edited 30.05.2014
    My thought exactly.....
    DeAnna777 wrote:
    Originally Posted by Wulwina View Post
    yes, is sad, we are trying to convince people on cooperatives so far behind they think they are first. They can't see our point. Which is very easy to see. We will continue to be number one no matter what.
    Oh really ....

8|:huh:
  • Larino (INT1)Larino (INT1) Posts: 4,572
    edited 30.05.2014
    *joins the people that advertise for their co-op in their signatures* Ohey look, there are even 3 advertisements in my signature!!! :O :O Only thing is that the real co-op does not have an advertisement any more :P Although... Maybe not directly... The site... Is quite of an advertisement as well if you click the right links on there XD So that makes 4 ^^

Okay, back on topic, I must admit that sometimes I am afraid we will not make it through the projects because everybody is making corn and flowers and the project requires cabbage and wheat. We did not fail one yet though so maybe my fears are incorrect. I did notice that my fertilizers ran down the first few days I got hung up on missions, I was keeping my stables for so long that no new dung was coming in and I could not make as much fertilizer while I was harvesting my orchards because they have nothing to do with the missions.

My opinion is that these new missions require a lot and I mean A LOT of discipline. Both for yourself and towards the co-op you are in.
    edited 30.05.2014
    Larino wrote: »
    *joins the people that advertise for their co-op in their signatures* Ohey look, there are even 3 advertisements in my signature!!! :O :O Only thing is that the real co-op does not have an advertisement any more :P Although... Maybe not directly... The site... Is quite of an advertisement as well if you click the right links on there XD So that makes 4 ^^

Okay, back on topic, I must admit that sometimes I am afraid we will not make it through the projects because everybody is making corn and flowers and the project requires cabbage and wheat. We did not fail one yet though so maybe my fears are incorrect. I did notice that my fertilizers ran down the first few days I got hung up on missions, I was keeping my stables for so long that no new dung was coming in and I could not make as much fertilizer while I was harvesting my orchards because they have nothing to do with the missions.

My opinion is that these new missions require a lot and I mean A LOT of discipline. Both for yourself and towards the co-op you are in.

Hey i have been behaving myself in our coop Larino...hehehehe..still getting 4 shovels..am waiting for my special wheat right now to come out of nursery for our project... ran out. Yes we do well. Hey look i kinda have an advertisement..I want one now!!! I think they are kinda cool! Gonna put my 2 cents in here for a minute. I have been trying to keep my mouth shut here. We are doing fine in our coop with the missions and projects. Our coop puts the projects above the missions. A couple of you look a bit foolish in here. There is such a thing as good sportsmanship. Some of you do not have it. That is sad. I definitely am with Rhinana, I would never want to be with your #1 coop. When I was searching for coops back when I was a little itty bitty farm I am happy I never ran into yours. Happy where I am at my rank with people who understand what good sportmanship is all about. Missions in our coop come 2nd we understand that. good luck everyone.
    edited 30.05.2014
    Jiesta wrote: »
    I do believe it to be utterly unfair to win from players who decide not to compete; I was 3x in a row now with players whose number stays at 0 - they just refuse to compete because it is not interesting enough to them - and then I am punished for it.
    I do all efforts, win and then gain only 4 or 5 certificates. WHY? It is not my fault that the others do not play!!

I don't think it is fair to say that these players "refuse to compete because it is not interesting enough". Perhaps they have their fields planted with something else or had to leave the game suddenly. I know both those situations have happened to me several times. If I plant special corn and get a wildflower mission right after my number is going to be at zero because I am not a gold user.

That being said it is a bummer to put your all in and not get that many certs in return.
  • Larino (INT1)Larino (INT1) Posts: 4,572
    edited 30.05.2014
    rhinana wrote: »
    I don't think it is fair to say that these players "refuse to compete because it is not interesting enough". Perhaps they have their fields planted with something else or had to leave the game suddenly. I know both those situations have happened to me several times. If I plant special corn and get a wildflower mission right after my number is going to be at zero because I am not a gold user.

That being said it is a bummer to put your all in and not get that many certs in return.

Somebody can indeed have their fields occupied and therefore not be able to participate, but on the other hand I wonder why somebody would plant cabbage right before starting a mission. I mean, you know there is a 50% possibility you get a flower or corn mission. It seems to me that you actively chose not to participate in those by planting cabbage, whatever the reason is - because it is not interesting, because you need to help your co-op with a project or because you need the cabbage for a task or to make pig feed (same story for wheat). I always make sure I have either fields of corn and flowers ready (both crops split over 5 fields) - be it regular or special seeds - or have my fields empty so I can plant those. You could even plant 3 fields of cabbage and keep 2 fields for wildflowers or corn.

It seems such a waste starting a mission hoping you get eggs or dung but then wasting time if you get wildflowers or corn because your fields are occupied. I mean, you can get these missions anyway, make the best out of it and plant at least some, so you may get at least 1 certificate. One is better than none imo ^^

(And by the 'you' in this post I do not mean you personally but you generally - everybody that is not able to participate in corn or flower missions due to occupied fields)
    edited 30.05.2014
    hehehe Larino i do that all the time, I have cabbage on the fields and hope i will get dung or eggs.sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.
  • rhon (GB1)rhon (GB1) Guest, GB1 Posts: 1,542
    edited 30.05.2014
    I too grow whatever I need for myself, or a co-op project. This means I sit out wildflowers, which yields few certificates even with a high score, and many corn ones too. They too have a poor certificate yield

I also don't wait to collect from animals unless one starts in a few minutes, in which case I do wait and see if it is one I can take part in

I'm sorry if it upsets some of you but I am not going to ruin my own farming or my co-op's projects in a mad dash for really quite unimportant certificates

My method means I rarely come first but I have earned enough certificates to fully build both the first tractors and level one of the third. I have enough certificates for all four levels of the the fourth tractor but I'm short of tools.

I can also honestly say that the new missions have had no affect on my co-op. We're not number one, but we are fourth, And we always have a project running. Normally we do three a day and occasionally get a fourth in too. We are a good cohesive group and are prepared to work for the good of co-op
  • ezio auditore3ezio auditore3 Posts: 2,399
    edited 30.05.2014
    Lol this thread has a variety of topics covered :) Well, in my opinion, it's perfectly fine if a hard working co-op member takes half an hour to do something nice for themselves..... who knows, maybe they have been waiting for these tractors forever and want to upgrade them ASAP or they would like to be on the leader boards for once..... THEY DESERVE IT! :D
    edited 30.05.2014
    Picking fights? You really think that's what I was doing? Sigh... You do know that it is impossible to tell how thin one's skin is from the other side of the screen, right? I assure you mine is thick. ;)

Reason 326 why I dislike missions as they are set up: There is no way to exclude players from your opp list. I don't like having co-op members in the same missions as me though it never fails that one or two are in there with me a LOT. Competition between friends can be fun but I honestly don't like being the cause of a friend having to use gold to beat me. As a result, I won't use gold in such a mission. Period. The math could go either way...

On the other hand, there are times when it would be great to be in missions with no one BUT co-op members. Either announce no gold at the start of such a mission or even a gold blitzkrieg if the mission lines up with a co-op project.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file