Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

More project variety

gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
Most cooperatives will eventually run out of collectibles especially groups that dont spend gold on them. This will lead to boredom for many players and threaten the very existence of the group.....no one wants to be in a team waiting months to gather collectibles for projects.

My suggestion.....more project variety. Leave the current projects as they are but introduce a few more that don't require collectibles to start. The rewards for these new projects can be something that benefits the group as a whole......collectibles, tools, farm dollars for the coop pool, etc. Maybe these new projects will require X amount of reputation points to start so this in turn will encourage players to participate in more missions to benefit the group along the lines of the old chicken or the egg project. I think having projects constantly running is a good way to prevent the team from getting bored and losing interest in cooperatives.
Post edited by gizmo22 (AU1) on

Comments

• Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 24.05.2014
    Good idea, I support this!
    And then again: as main farm and gourmet farm are supposed to support eachother, then collectors-items should also drop at the gourmet farm!!
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    edited 24.05.2014
    Yes agreed......the main thing is to give something for coops to do while we wait to gather collectibles. Even rewards as small as super humus, a few certs, some premium feed.....just something different. They could even be projects for gourmet farm.
  • rie222rie222 Posts: 1,074
    edited 24.05.2014
    gizmo222 wrote: »
    Most cooperatives will eventually run out of collectibles especially groups that dont spend gold on them. This will lead to boredom for many players and threaten the very existence of the group.....no one wants to be in a team waiting months to gather collectibles for projects.

My suggestion.....more project variety. Leave the current projects as they are but introduce a few more that don't require collectibles to start. The rewards for these new projects can be something that benefits the group as a whole......collectibles, tools, farm dollars for the coop pool, etc. Maybe these new projects will require X amount of reputation points to start so this in turn will encourage players to participate in more missions to benefit the group along the lines of the old chicken or the egg project. I think having projects constantly running is a good way to prevent the team from getting bored and losing interest in cooperatives.

I'm very much in agreement with this. It is very hard to get the collection items to fill the project like swimming upstream, sometimes to get it for the first egg project. I know we are getting new projects just not sure when. Hopefully they do not change the projects we have now and just add more in that would be nice. Take care.
  • bøffe (SKN1)bøffe (SKN1) Posts: 383
    edited 24.05.2014
    I (and, I think, the coop I'm in) support this! :):):)
  • sdfktgksdfktgk Posts: 140
    edited 24.05.2014
    you can donate dollars and everybody collectively can make a goal

you can donate gold and everybody works with team aspect ( which is the point of the co-op)

ONE person has to collect all the items for each slot and gather it? It can't be done as a "chip in" way like everything else in a co-op? 42 puzzle pieces from me, 70 from rie, gizmo has 122. Before you know it, team effort made, unity strengthened, blah blah blah. No?
  • GeorgenollieUseGeorgenollieUse Posts: 1,801
    edited 24.05.2014
    sdfktgk wrote: »

ONE person has to collect all the items for each slot and gather it? It can't be done as a "chip in" way like everything else in a co-op? 42 puzzle pieces from me, 70 from rie, gizmo has 122. Before you know it, team effort made, unity strengthened, blah blah blah. No?
    I completely 100% agree with you that this makes perfectly good sense with the meaning of a co-op and have to say that the fact this is a one person chore is probably the only thing I completely disagree with. However the official response from GGS is that they have the game balanced the way they want it and in order to add this feature they would have to drastically up the number needed to start projects - an example only (not factual figures) instead of needing 2250 registers in order to start Swimming Upstream, they would need to boost it to 15,000 registers so the co-op members can collectively donate together. So would we be better off?
    edited 24.05.2014
    in order to appeal to the GGS "how do I make money off of this" way ( look, it's just a fact. Game or not, it's a business and not a philanthropic gesture. I get it).

Simple. Raise the requirements for goods needed ( 300 business cards instead of 75 ). This way it promotes that whole using Research Subsidies ( 20k gold for level 2. Seriously? ). Change nothing else ingame for the individual or otherwise. Congrats, you just made some money off that. Players are happier. Co-ops have ways of growing together as a team more. You can slip in "Research Subsidies 2.5" if you want ( who knows. I'm just throwing things against the wall to see what sticks at this point). Co-ops have more things to do together. It rewards and taxes ALL equally while promoting longer game-play.

put a cap on "buying" the task off by say.... 25% at a clip. Think about that good and hard. You'd get more people spending gold in smaller quantities ( read : volume ) than wondering if they should click the skip button for 2500 gold. Something in the mind says I can handle 625 gold a lot better than 2500. You, GGS get more revenue, WE get more playability. Eh? Eh? Whatever.

win win win. Heck, it couldn't hurt, anyways. Test it out on a ghost co-op or something. If you find your staff looking towards gold, but all doing something in unity, then the foundation is solid for a change. That's all.

No need to thank me for improving your quarterly profits by 10%. I accept ingame gold for the efforts :P
  • BriannospamGame (SKN1)BriannospamGame (SKN1) Posts: 1,803
    edited 25.05.2014
    gizmo222 wrote: »

It is a really good idea. :thumbsup:
    Unfortunately, I am afraid to GGS will not appear on this part of the idea: "that don't require collectibles to start." :(
    But if GGS feels it need to cost something to start a project... Then please let it be something it was easier to collect: eg. a fair prize in farmdollars or farmproducts.
  • chicaachicaa Posts: 437
    edited 25.05.2014
    Yes, I am all for a bigger variety of projects!! Like Rie222 said, we are going to get them, I just wish they would come sooner!!!

Don't want the original projects changed, just want some new ones to mix things up a bit!
  • Goodfella4Goodfella4 Posts: 432
    edited 25.05.2014
    sdfktgk wrote: »
    in order to appeal to the GGS "how do I make money off of this" way ( look, it's just a fact. Game or not, it's a business and not a philanthropic gesture. I get it).

Simple. Raise the requirements for goods needed ( 300 business cards instead of 75 ). This way it promotes that whole using Research Subsidies ( 20k gold for level 2. Seriously? ). Change nothing else ingame for the individual or otherwise. Congrats, you just made some money off that. Players are happier. Co-ops have ways of growing together as a team more. You can slip in "Research Subsidies 2.5" if you want ( who knows. I'm just throwing things against the wall to see what sticks at this point). Co-ops have more things to do together. It rewards and taxes ALL equally while promoting longer game-play.

put a cap on "buying" the task off by say.... 25% at a clip. Think about that good and hard. You'd get more people spending gold in smaller quantities ( read : volume ) than wondering if they should click the skip button for 2500 gold. Something in the mind says I can handle 625 gold a lot better than 2500. You, GGS get more revenue, WE get more playability. Eh? Eh? Whatever.

win win win. Heck, it couldn't hurt, anyways. Test it out on a ghost co-op or something. If you find your staff looking towards gold, but all doing something in unity, then the foundation is solid for a change. That's all.

No need to thank me for improving your quarterly profits by 10%. I accept ingame gold for the efforts :P

Careful what you ask for, there. The amount of collectables needed to begin projects DOES go up. 300 Business cards is child's play. If you only need 75 right now... just you wait. It sounds like your co-op is still young, so keep on farming and growing and very very soon... 20,000 gold for subsidies doesn't sound like a bad idea at all. You will soon discover that asking GGS to increase the amount of collection items is a big mistake... 8,000 tickets takes long enough to gather.
  • Mee8 (AU1)Mee8 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 213
    edited 25.05.2014
    I agree !00% with Gizmo, we need more variety and less collectables, we cannot do as many projects as we would like to simply because of the amount of collectables required.
    edited 26.05.2014
    Goodfella4 wrote: »
    Careful what you ask for, there. The amount of collectables needed to begin projects DOES go up. 300 Business cards is child's play. If you only need 75 right now... just you wait. It sounds like your co-op is still young, so keep on farming and growing and very very soon... 20,000 gold for subsidies doesn't sound like a bad idea at all. You will soon discover that asking GGS to increase the amount of collection items is a big mistake... 8,000 tickets takes long enough to gather.

The co-op is young, but the numbers were used as an example only. I'm WELL aware of how GGS works ( played Empire for a long while, and was ranked 17th overall in Gangster ( Mafia for you older players ) and my family was ranked 8th before I got bored/upset and walked. Trust me, the quota principle not lost on me within this game as well.

Simply stating that a sectorized "buy in" would benefit both playability and bottom line profits.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file