Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

cheated out of my prize on fairy tale event!

donnie0978donnie0978 Posts: 3
I played the fairy tale event for 6 days and finished with 5 seconds to go I needed 1460 fireflies and had 1450 and emptied my mill with 160 feed with 5 seconds left and it went back to I had 0 out of 1460 fireflies and I could get my 74 happiness prize with 1600 :love:and some gold, I am furious I wasted 6 days and donated 8700 apples which could of brought me a lot of money, am seriously going to quit this game we play by the rules why cant the people making this game!
Post edited by donnie0978 on

Comments

• montuosmontuos Posts: 1,275
    edited 20.05.2014
    You shouldn't leave your timing so fine. Server time is often slightly different from your local machine's time. This is not a GGS thing; it's a universal thing.

It's worth spending a couple of gold pieces to make sure you've completed your harvest at least a full minute before the end of an event.
  • donnie0978donnie0978 Posts: 3
    edited 20.05.2014
    If that is the case, then why wasn't I given the credit for 1450 fireflies that I had well before that instead of them taking them all away and saying I had 0 of 1460 fireflies!
  • montuosmontuos Posts: 1,275
    edited 20.05.2014
    If you don't complete the final task before the time runs out, it doesn't count. There is no partial credit, no matter how close you were. That's why spending gold to skip a couple of minutes or to skip the rest of the task is a better option.
  • Wildcard999Wildcard999 Posts: 967
    edited 20.05.2014
    I've heard people complaining about this 'counter going to 0' thing before. I'm wondering if it's an error. Hopefully a display error, but it keeps seeming to happen just as time is running out. I suggest finishing your tasks well in advance. Don't assume you can wait until the last second because the last second keeps not working out for people.
  • jatoda (US1)jatoda (US1) Posts: 318
    edited 20.05.2014
    :rolleyes: I know the next harvest timer, on the right side of the screen, is different from the real time of finishing corn or what ever. The timer runs out before the harvest is finished. Sometimes its as much as 30 seconds different.
    The mission timer is the same way. Sometimes the mission finishes quicker than the timer. 8) The event time is probably the same way.
  • Wildcard999Wildcard999 Posts: 967
    edited 20.05.2014
    Oh, I thought it was just me and my computer getting unsynced or something, Jatoda. I didn't realize that happened for everyone.

My timer has been off by almost an entire minute before.
  • ruth1410ruth1410 Posts: 59
    edited 21.05.2014
    As montuos said it a universal thing, mine is always out as well but not by much at all, a second or two.
    Having realised this early on I now always take it into account and anything major as an event or close missions I wouldn't wait for the last few seconds, its a simple adjustment to make and keep in mind for further events
    Happy farming : ))
  • Larino (INT1)Larino (INT1) Posts: 4,572
    edited 21.05.2014
    The timers do get unsynced, Wildcard. That is why logging out and back in or clearing caches helps getting the timer back on track. It is because the connection with the GGS server sometimes fails for fractions of a second and the more often it happens, the more the timer will get out of sync. Resetting that will solve it temporarily :) But yes, it happens to everybody :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file