Home EN Suggestions Archive (Read only)

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Gold Lock & Other Suggestions to Prevent Accidental Gold Spending ☯️

Comments

• rie222rie222 Posts: 1,074
    edited 15.05.2014
    Jiesta wrote: »
    In fact rie222, I am not! That would be strange, don't you think, being the only one of 25 mio players??

I know many players who are just as much wondering about this accidentally hitting the wrong button as I am....
    In fact, my coop-members asked me about it, as they did not understand either. That's basically why I asked, just to be able to provide them with an answer.
    I remember to have accidentally sold products when I had to donate them, yes! (huge misstep)! But accidentally hitting the skip for gold button (because we think that is what you are talking about) never happened to me, neither to many others I know.
    But then again, I simply am not sure what you are talking about, so we'll keep going on guessing/speculating...

OH i'm sure its such a mystery Jiesta...how can a mistake happen in this game...
  • GeorgenollieUseGeorgenollieUse Posts: 1,801
    edited 15.05.2014
    I really do not understand. I never ever hit accidentally the wrong button. How do you do that? I am not criticizing anybody, I am just wondering. It may help me in the future to know....

The normal reasons for it to happen is you may be hovering over the button to see how much gold it takes to skip and accidentally click the button. Or in the case of the gold mine, you hover over the arrow to see how much it takes to update and click the mouse. The time I did it was during a task and I had to donate items - I was half asleep and clicked the finish with gold button instead.

And you don't get a "are you sure?" warning - it automatically takes the gold and the player is basically out of it even if they were saving it for something special. It also happens with farm dollars and upgrading - where you are saving money to upgrade the mill and you realize you have enough for a field upgrade because the arrow is green. You go hover over it to see how much and click it.

Parents of small children who come over and grab the mouse have issues with this too.

I hope that helps explains how it can happen. :)
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 15.05.2014
    THANKS GeorgenollieUse!!
  • Bweatherholt (US1)Bweatherholt (US1) Posts: 359
    edited 15.05.2014
    Wow! Really? You have never heard of accidentally spending gold.

Okay Here's an example. You have a chicken coop. Right next to it is the nursery. You do your normal, feed the chickens but accidentally click the nursery. You try to click off, instead your screen slowed for a second and accidentally you hit upgrade... There's your accidental gold spending

Here's another. Im playing my game, my kid yells MOM!!!! MOM!!! Sissy fell. So i run to her (like a normal mom i don't close my screen i just run to my daughter who has fell). The daughter would informed me gets on the computer and accidentally upgrades my mine. There's two examples... IT DOES HAPPEN...
    edited 15.05.2014
    Oh, I heard (or rather: read) about it a lot! The "gold-lock" has been mentioned hundreds of times in the forums; that's why it seemed to be important ... But as it never happened to me, so I just wondered ...
    Thanks for clarification!
    edited 15.05.2014

Here's another. Im playing my game, my kid yells MOM!!!! MOM!!! Sissy fell. So i run to her (like a normal mom i don't close my screen i just run to my daughter who has fell). The daughter would informed me gets on the computer and accidentally upgrades my mine. There's two examples... IT DOES HAPPEN...

Although the "are you sure" prompt may not help in this situation - especially if they click the yes button too. Kids are sneaky that way. :/
    edited 15.05.2014
    Just because it doesn't happen to YOU in specific, doesn't mean that it does not happen. Regardless of who what when where why, GGS is ripping people off and knowing full well what they are doing. They should definitely have a gold lock so people don't have to find there own gold lock.
    I find it ridiculous to sit and say, "Oh it never happens" and then say The Gold lock has been mentioned hundreds of times... If you know that it has been mention so many times, you should also be aware of the accidental spending.

Correct me if im wrong. Isn't accidentally spending gold easier than accidentally spending produce. I mean you go into a page and click your produce buy/sell... Then you complete the action you choose. Gold spending can occur with one click. Then its gone! No turning back, just gone. Well of course if you put in your CC you can get your gold back (by buying more) but thats the only way. A bit ridiculous if you ask me. And i see why ppl have stopped buying.
  • tove999 (SKN1)tove999 (SKN1) Posts: 71
    edited 15.05.2014
    GGS makes a lot of money when players are unaware or the game is slow or whatever happens. So they dont want to change that.
    Immoral, yes. But its still a fact.
  • jaystarr2jaystarr2 Posts: 1,657
    edited 15.05.2014
    Oh, I heard (or rather: read) about it a lot! The "gold-lock" has been mentioned hundreds of times in the forums; that's why it seemed to be important ... But as it never happened to me, so I just wondered ...
    Thanks for clarification!

While that's true, lots of things that might be beneficial to the game and its players aren't in the game, but the absence of such things doesn't mean that it's not necessary.

I applaud your ability to never misclick on the gold button, Jiesta. Maybe you're more careful with your clicking than the rest of us are. But I guess the thing is that, to me, this is a game, and games should be fun, and things like having lots of players misclick makes it no longer fun for them, or beneficial for the game since now they'll be wary of buying or spending gold. Oh, and the lack of engagement from GGS to address this issue makes it seem like it's intentional. I mean, who puts the "build/plant/produce" button right next to the "spend gold" button, REALLY? :P
    edited 15.05.2014
    Maybe I am more careful, that is possible. And I checked, I have no nursery or doghouse, etc. standing right next to a production-unit, which might help. But then again, this might probably happen to me in the future, too. One never knows. Now that I finally know how it can happen - I will try to be even more careful!

The one starting this post talks about 20,000 gold lost by accidentally hitting the wrong button - which made me shiver with fear for the future! Same to some of my coop-members....

That's why I asked, just posted a simple question (stated in my first post not wanting to criticize anyone). Thanked players for answering/explaining it to me. Never expected to be called ridiculous ;(
    edited 15.05.2014
    I was saying it is ridiculous that the only way to get your gold back is to pay for more. Not that you were ridiculous. Sorry it sounded that way. Also i think not implementing a gold lock is also ridiculous.
  • PINJO1986 (NL1)PINJO1986 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,852
    edited 15.05.2014
    The only tip is to not click that fast and just take your time to click what you want to click. That is the way i never used gold on the wrong things.
  • rhinanarhinana Posts: 561
    edited 15.05.2014
    rie222 wrote: »
    IDK Jiesta you must be the only person in big farm who doesn't.

Nope, I've never made a gold slip either.
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 15.05.2014
    I guess the surest way of not mistakenly spending gold is to not have any! LOL
    edited 15.05.2014
    Well there ya go Jiesta...your not alone. But there should not be a suprise that it happens all the time. Cause it does and it is very easy to do. Especially when you have the gold to do it. It is also very easy to demolish something you didn't intend to demolish..also the only tip...go slow? no, what you can do,is build a decoration and demolish a decoration. I do it, so do others and it works to help prevent upgrade gold slips and demolish slips. It will not prevent everything though. Going slow doesn't always work either. I have that pop up to buy the boosters all the time. I go very slow. That Thing pops up so fast and if your clicking around your farm or logging in, doesn't matter how slow your going, if you don't expect that thing to pop up so suddenly in a flash 30k in gold gone to buy an egg booster...Just like that buh bye...I bought pig feed. I don't have pigs. so go slow all you want, until we get that gold lock this is going to keep happening and if this hasn't happened to you yet knock on wood.
  • edited 15.05.2014
    I had one slip, and accidentally bought produce to finish one step in my first event I ever played... Costs me 3800 gold or something like that. No issues now though. I don't have enough gold to buy anything! :p They keep sending me +50% deals, but not enough for me to bother with on those... I only have like 1,000 gold. Won't buy much of anything accidentally! :D
    edited 15.05.2014
    I had one slip, and accidentally bought produce to finish one step in my first event I ever played... Costs me 3800 gold or something like that. No issues now though. I don't have enough gold to buy anything! :p They keep sending me +50% deals, but not enough for me to bother with on those... I only have like 1,000 gold. Won't buy much of anything accidentally! :D

lol nope not much can happen with 1000gold but you can accidentally demolish something still.
  • edited 15.05.2014
    Yep, poor business decision not to refund my gold. I don't believe for 1 second that they can't, only that they won't. Just like I can purchase more gold, but I won't. Greedy Game Server can keep it, but it's the last you'll see from me & my co-op.
  • michelleenglanmichelleenglan Posts: 17
    edited 17.05.2014
    :) I have not bought any gold. Haven't really thought about doing so, but if I do this is good to know! (Learning my way around.)

This was an interesting read for a newbie like me. :-) Thanks for the "heads up." Attachment not found.
  • ahoneybearahoneybear Posts: 3
    edited 18.05.2014
    IF you hover over the skip gold it tells u how much is required. I have accidently clicked it instead of hovering over it and it cost me quite a lot of gold. they know this problem exists. they should have a request such as do u want to do this. they know . just want u to buy more gold.
  • Summers3Summers3 Posts: 103
    edited 19.05.2014
    tove9992 wrote: »
    GGS makes a lot of money when players are unaware or the game is slow or whatever happens. So they dont want to change that.
    Immoral, yes. But its still a fact.

Another example how they manage this game. People have been asking for a lock for the longest time for these specific reasons. But as long as people will buy gold GGS will keep going their own path and don't give a *peep*
    depending of the situation, like someone mentioned they needed to run to watch their child is a situation they cant really oversee, but if you're playing being half asleep and use the gold button it's your own fault.
  • kbahr007 (US1)kbahr007 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,841
    edited 19.05.2014
    Delete...............
  • amaprincess1 (US1)amaprincess1 (US1) Posts: 636
    edited 20.05.2014
    I could see some people never having this problem. If you use a real mouse for example, instead of the touchpad on a laptop, you will be much less likely to accidentally click while moving your pointer.
    edited 20.05.2014
    I have a regular mouse. I always have children. They have spent small amount, but it could have easily been alot.
  • jules314 (US1)jules314 (US1) US1 Posts: 399
    edited 20.05.2014
    After losing 20,000 gold on hitting the wrong button, this is the message i got after writing in...

Unfortunately, all in-game spending is final and once completed cannot be undone.
    This means we are not able to cancel any premium-currency item purchases, donations or the use of premium currency to reduce the amount of time taken. We are also regrettably unable to refund you the premium currency spent on any of these actions.
    What a crock!!! Thanks for ripping me off GGS. You can be sure I won`t spend another nickel on your BORING game.

Same thing happened to me too :( And when I contacted support I got the same message. So I'm pretty sure that this is something that won't be amended anytime soon, even if a large number of people ask for help.

Latten's response: "20,000 gold on one button that you can accidentally click? What button exactly did you click on?

Only thing that comes to mind might be a gold mine update, and I honestly can't see how that's been clicked on accident.

Anywho, try sending a mail to our support team and explain the situation"

I don't see why you got a surprised response from some of the Big Farm people. Sorry, but this reply is silly. With all the gold-purchased upgrades it shouldn't be super surprising that someone could mistakenly spend at least 19,500 in gold in a matter of milliseconds. YES, that was me! I had a frozen computer screen when my main farm was loading up. I clicked on the screen and dragged my mouse around to see if it would load up faster. Then when all the animations started up again, guess what was upgrading? MY MINE! So no this isn't something that is rare. It happens. BY Mistake.

I'm glad more people are here offering sympathy to you, even though there are some people giving responses that are unhelpful. It's never enjoyable making a mistake, and in this particular game, gold spending mistakes just plain stink. I can empathize with the gut wrenching feeling you must of had when you saw that 20,000 gold disappear in a click :(

I'm sure that my gold-spending mistake (19,500 :() will never be refunded, even if a reversal is implemented, but I can cross my fingers that one day it will be.

I just try to keep the building window occupied at all times now. I demolish all the picnic areas and big ornamental trees I get from the wheel of fortune, and mistaken gold spending is kept at bay.
    edited 20.05.2014
    So sorry to hear that jules. I really think they should down grade the mine or nursery and give your gold back. What would it hurt. Especially when it is a multi thousand dollar upgrade. Keep your customers happy and still spending gold. This makes more sense to me. Who am i though, just a customer addicted to a game.
  • calita (GB1)calita (GB1) Posts: 7
    edited 20.05.2014
    Latten wrote: »
    No, that's not it :) We're not going to do it, because for a lot of people who actually do want to buy gold spontaneously, a scary security window with some kind of "ARE YOU REALLY SURE??!" in it (and yes, I'm exaggerating a bit to show the point ^^) would make 99% of these players click "no".
    It's really that simple. We don't want to "steal" your gold, of course not - we want you to happily spend some of it because you like the game, see an advantage in it or simply want to support us. And, as I stated before, we are thinking about ways to make a gold purchase more obvious and/or undoable, it just won't be a general lock on gold expenses. I really do see your point here, but from a company perspective, this would be a really, really counterproductive thing to do :)
    you lost the plot here whit this opinion :p
    first:
    "because for a lot of people who actually do want to buy gold spontaneously, a scary security window with some kind of "ARE YOU REALLY SURE??!" in it (and yes, I'm exaggerating a bit to show the point ^^) would make 99% of these players click "no"."
    ?(who is talking about a lock to buy gold ????(
    second:" undoable" i don't find this word on the dictionary 8|
    third: "but from a company perspective, this would be a really, really counterproductive thing to do"
    I played lots of games like this and none have a "trap" like this and for last you and the company show a total disrespect to us regarding to our money treat us as merchandise need to be exploited .
  • Kitty C.2Kitty C.2 Posts: 18
    edited 20.05.2014
    After searching the forum for "coop" and this thread being the top one when I did so, I just want to know: Do coops cost gold besides the 375 to found one?
  • Babygoat (GB1)Babygoat (GB1) Posts: 14
    edited 20.05.2014
    FarmerTess wrote: »
    Yes it is a great Idea.

However, what about the missions and the gold users. They would not be impressed if they had to unlock the gold for EVERY gold use. And before you shoot me down, it is not cheating to use gold in the missions, so yes the gold users need to be considered too.

So you could have a lock on the gold that you unlocked to use the gold and then had to manually relock it rather than a unlock for every gold use.

Either way I will pass on the suggestion. :)

I rarely do missions because it is humiliating to be continually beaten by the gold users - gold is not needed to play missions - it spoils the fun
    edited 20.05.2014
    So sorry to hear that jules. I really think they should down grade the mine or nursery and give your gold back. What would it hurt. Especially when it is a multi thousand dollar upgrade. Keep your customers happy and still spending gold. This makes more sense to me. Who am i though, just a customer addicted to a game.

I too agree that if it is truly an accident that they should give the money back . . . but the devil advocate in me also has to argue . . . how do support people distinguish between an actual accident and buyers' remorse? I mean where someone decides to upgrade something intentionally clicking on it and then decides that the money should have been used for a different project first. If support starts to refund the true accidents, then these people would be sending in "sob stories" about how the first upgrade was an accident and they want there money refunded. I just don't see an easy way for support to refund the money back after the fact.

The only solution I see to the whole issue is introducing a gold lock where players have to answer at least two questions to initiate an upgrade or gold expenditure. Then again, I don't see how that is going to help your (and other parents') issue with children because as tech savvy as the kids in my life are - they can easily click "yes" twice. :( I don't think there is an easy answer or solution to the problem.
This discussion has been closed.