Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update - May 21st - Farm Machines are coming!

Comments

• All4Fun (US1)All4Fun (US1) Posts: 224
    edited 08.05.2014
    While it sounds like an interesting update, I'm more interested in seeing some of these bugs fixed in the game. The humus one is especially irritating, and now I can't even see how much is being spent per harvest/production. Please fix these first before adding another thing to the farm, which I hope won't add a new bunch of bugs along with it.
  • XGN EASTS1DE (US1)XGN EASTS1DE (US1) Posts: 343
    edited 08.05.2014
    All4Fun wrote: »
    While it sounds like an interesting update, I'm more interested in seeing some of these bugs fixed in the game. The humus one is especially irritating, and now I can't even see how much is being spent per harvest/production. Please fix these first before adding another thing to the farm, which I hope won't add a new bunch of bugs along with it.
    The humus is acting up for you? Because it shows me that it subtracts a humus from my inventory but it doesn't say when I add it to some produce. When I harvest the product it shows it works correctly.
  • Terddybug (INT1)Terddybug (INT1) INT1 Posts: 63
    edited 08.05.2014
    Change of pre-selected researches in the cooperative menu

A lot of players have asked us to find a way to show what research is going to be tackled next.
    From now on, the first research you see after clicking the research tab is always going to be the one that has the least missing researchers needed to start this research. So if you want to research pigs and there is only 1 researcher left to start it, this research is going to be the first one shown to everybody.

Will we still be able to choose the research which suit our coop or will the choice be taken from us, there are researches which I don't do at this stage as it required gold research costX(.
  • PINJO1986 (NL1)PINJO1986 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 1,852
    edited 08.05.2014
    Terddybug wrote: »
    Will we still be able to choose the research which suit our coop or will the choice be taken from us, there are researches which I don't do at this stage as it required gold research costX(.

Yes off course you will still be able to choice the research you want. I think it will be more like: If the possibility is there to choice 2 research projects, the research with the least amount of players needed will be shown. So if there are 2 researches the need 21 persons and in 1 of those research there is already a person in, you will be shown the one that requires 20 persons.
  • CM NafaruCM Nafaru Posts: 1,325
    edited 08.05.2014
    PINJO1986 wrote: »
    Yes off course you will still be able to choice the research you want. I think it will be more like: If the possibility is there to choice 2 research projects, the research with the least amount of players needed will be shown. So if there are 2 researches the need 21 persons and in 1 of those research there is already a person in, you will be shown the one that requires 20 persons.

Exactly.
    We just change which research is displayed first. :)
  • flitterfootflitterfoot Posts: 10
    edited 08.05.2014
    This might be a silly question and may have been answered elsewhere, but could someone please tell me what the reputation points are used for? Do they have a use other than matching players for missions?
    edited 08.05.2014
    I have a question about how this will all work. If there are only four types of farm equipment and they will have a limited number of upgrades, how does this work with certificates and tools which would be gathered in a more or less unlimited way.

Hey NatureLover,

for now there is only one feature to use your certificates on.
    But this does not mean that this cannot be a valid currency or future features as well. :)

Nauna14 wrote: »
    When these farm machines are constructed, will they stay in the garage? or will they have to be placed on the farm?

Hey Nauna14,

farm machines will stay in the garage, yes.
    You don't need any free space for them on your main farm.

Regards,
    Steffi
  • MarvelamsMarvelams Posts: 1
    edited 08.05.2014
    Yey the changes are happening on my birthday!!
  • Irish30 (US1)Irish30 (US1) Posts: 264
    edited 08.05.2014
    As Cabby 28 asked before...is there going to be a drop down or some where we can see the number of certificates we have earned or will it be like the super seeds were in the beginning and only seen when they were to be used. Hope they will be seen and we don't have to wait for an update months in the future like the super seeds. Be safe and hug the pest control person...maybe they will visit GGS and get rid of some of our BUGS....we can always hope.....
  • jatoda (US1)jatoda (US1) Posts: 318
    edited 08.05.2014
    Will there be a limit on the farm machines we can construct? Like for the happiness on the farm. Will we be able to just keep adding machines and upgrading them like the cows etc., or will we get only one like the nursery, composter, etc.?
  • Latten (DE1)Latten (DE1) Posts: 6,246
    edited 08.05.2014
    jatoda wrote: »
    Will there be a limit on the farm machines we can construct? Like for the happiness on the farm. Will we be able to just keep adding machines and upgrading them like the cows etc., or will we get only one like the nursery, composter, etc.?

You can build and upgrade all of them, if you wish to :)

(And yes, another feature that uses certificates is already planned, so they won't be for nothing after that)
    edited 08.05.2014
    jatoda wrote: »

You can only craft each machine once and each of them can be upgraded to level 4 with this update.
  • jaystarr2jaystarr2 Posts: 1,657
    edited 08.05.2014
    I'm curious as to the cost of building the machine that houses workers (or whatever the logic is that lets you have workers without a house), as opposed to the cost of an orange house.

Edit: also for the machines you need farm dollars, certificates and tools. Where do we get the tools from? Do they randomly drop, or do we need to buy them with gold?
  • GeorgenollieUseGeorgenollieUse Posts: 1,801
    edited 08.05.2014
    jaystarr2 wrote: »
    Edit: also for the machines you need farm dollars, certificates and tools. Where do we get the tools from? Do they randomly drop, or do we need to buy them with gold?

The original announcement says they will drop by silo, composter and stables . . . and can be bought by gold - the announcement compares them to water drops.
    edited 08.05.2014
    The original announcement says they will drop by silo, composter and stables . . . and can be bought by gold - the announcement compares them to water drops.

Oh, with gold. Me and gold don't mix well. There's more me and less gold. :D
  • Prince Krishna2Prince Krishna2 Posts: 228
    edited 08.05.2014
    Nafaru wrote: »
    You can only craft each machine once and each of them can be upgraded to level 4 with this update.

will happiness boosters work in gourmet farm ?
    edited 08.05.2014

Lets hope, it will work better
  • roadrunnernm (US1)roadrunnernm (US1) US1 Posts: 287
    edited 08.05.2014
    Thanks for the update correction information! I have shared that info with members of the Co-Op and we all are waiting for May 14th!
  • rhon (GB1)rhon (GB1) Guest, GB1 Posts: 1,542
    edited 08.05.2014
    From the Official Announcement
    - happiness (gives extra happiness for your main farm)
    So no, the Happiness boosters will not work in the Gourmet Farm
  • GenuineJodiGenuineJodi Posts: 20
    edited 08.05.2014
    I have a question about how this will all work. If there are only four types of farm equipment and they will have a limited number of upgrades, how does this work with certificates and tools which would be gathered in a more or less unlimited way. In other words, I understand how water is gathered to make seeds for the nursery - you keep growing special seeds as you need them. However, the upgrade with the farm equipment isn't making sense to me if the equipment and upgrades is limited. What would I do when I have all four types and they are maxed out on their upgrades? Maybe I read it wrong?

Probably in the same way farm dollars are used by players that spend actual cash.
  • NatureLoverNatureLover Posts: 4
    edited 09.05.2014
    It sounds like there will be more things to "spend" the certificates on in the future (gathering from previous posts from Latten) so that's good. I do hope there'd be a way to convert certificates into farm dollars at some point - because they do take time to build up but as with everything else, we'll just have to wait and see, I guess.
  • mrbond855mrbond855 Posts: 23
    edited 09.05.2014
    Nafaru wrote: »

updates will be for dollars or will be like dog house, some levels will be with gold???
  • Yakoska (US1)Yakoska (US1) Posts: 1,631
    edited 09.05.2014
    mrbond855 wrote: »
    updates will be for dollars or will be like dog house, some levels will be with gold???

Upgrades will be for Certificates as well, it seems like.
    edited 10.05.2014
    Alright, I have a question overall. To any experienced player here. What should I invest more into. Like, happiness or farm help or what. I should know the answer but I'm actually stumped.
  • BriannospamGame (SKN1)BriannospamGame (SKN1) Posts: 1,803
    edited 10.05.2014
    Alright, I have a question overall. To any experienced player here. What should I invest more into. Like, happiness or farm help or what. I should know the answer but I'm actually stumped.

That very hard to answer, since you not have give us any important information about yourself, your farm and maybe also your coop if you are a member in a coop.

For example:
    About yourself: Your playing style: If play many hour each day, it would be best for you to go for thing with quickly finish, like eggs and corn and apples on the main farm, and on the gourmet bakery you have to go for the quickest reciepe which take only 26 minutes (I can not remember it's english name)
    Your farm and coop: If your farm is fully build up, maybe your production is more important than your dollar income? - if so, maybe you like some players should storage (or throw away) your decorations and go for as high production as possible of thing which is importent for your coop to go for ranking points? (yes, none decorations give a heavy cost (+500%) on all production but you still earn some dollars and if your farm is fully built up, what should you then do with more dollars else than donate them to your coop)

As you see there is many factors to thinking about when you build up your farm, and I think you have to looking at very many farms to find 2 farm witch looking like eachother.
  • NEIL57 (GB1)NEIL57 (GB1) Posts: 202
    edited 10.05.2014
    XGN EASTS1DE2 asked,
    "Alright, I have a question overall. To any experienced player here. What should I invest more into. Like, happiness or farm help or what. I should know the answer but I'm actually stumped."

In reply, it is a difficult question until we all know more about the machinery. At this stage i am concentrating on getting certificates until the machines arrive, then i will chase the happiness angle to offset my main farm as it is a "production farm". Then I will look at the workers offset and maybe get rid of a house and that way i get better happiness. These are my opinions, discussions and rebuttal welcome.
    Hope this helps,
    Neil
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    edited 11.05.2014
    When we buy workers with certificates, is that a permanent purchase or a temporary one? Are wr buying them or only hiring them? This hasn't been made clear. It seems too good to be true, getting "free" workers.

Can we also get confirmation that the humus bug will be fixed with this update please?
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    edited 11.05.2014
    It depends on the limits GGS set for extra workers and happiness. For example if the limits of extra workers at full machine upgrade is only 5, and extra happiness limit at 15 or 20 also at full upgrade then I would consider this update a fail.

The old mission setup gave monetary and XP rewards so hopefully these farm machines will give us a decent amount of workers/happiness to compensate it being taken away.
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    edited 11.05.2014
    I've had a taste of double production speed from current prime time. I wonder if the farm machines might give a permanent increase in production speed some time in the future in (say) 5% increments.
  • MoonlimeMoonlime Posts: 116
    edited 12.05.2014
    cool:) looking forward to seeing this. Good that you're moving that tower, too.
Sign In to comment.