Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update - April 29th - Deletion of inactive accounts and other small changes - Discussion

Comments

• jatoda (US1)jatoda (US1) Posts: 318
    edited 29.04.2014
    mustang11 wrote: »
    My cherry field is not showing up. When I hover, the info shows but the actual field is not there.

I can see your cherry orchard. try refreshing. that fixes most problems
  • rhon (GB1)rhon (GB1) Guest, GB1 Posts: 1,542
    edited 29.04.2014
    mustang11 wrote: »
    My cherry field is not showing up. When I hover, the info shows but the actual field is not there.
    Logging out and then back in again will indeed probably be enough to clear it

If not try clearing your flash cache while logged out of your farm. Refresh before logging back in. Clearing your browser cache won't hurt either

If you're not sure how to do this, it's easy though, GGS have a FAQ
    How to clear the cache
  • jaystarr2jaystarr2 Posts: 1,657
    edited 29.04.2014
    The animated donkeys with animations off is still happening.
    edited 29.04.2014
    The green refresh arrow for projects is still not functioning properly for me :(

Flash and browser cleared twice
    And it doesn't function fully for my other co-op members either

It DOES works when I have just done something towards the total and then refresh. That is collected some eggs or whatever myself

It DOESN'T if I just click it to see how close we are to finishing, without collecting something myself first
  • Bunny33Bunny33 Posts: 7
    edited 29.04.2014
    I have been playing this game for over a year now. I really can say if I have stuck with this game on a daily basis that I enjoy it. Never have stuck with a game this long............. ever. Like PINJO stated all games have bugs and even though it is just a game, thats just what it is, a game. Its not real life or real issues. No reason far as I can see to get yourselves all worked up. I must say that Big Farm has done a great job in creating a game that is fun to play and fun to meet new online friends. Keep up the great job you are doing and thanks for having a forum for the players to voice their issues. And having lived on a real life farm for the past 34 years, I must say, this is nothing like the real farming world, but a great break from it!
  • GeorgenollieUseGeorgenollieUse Posts: 1,801
    edited 29.04.2014
    Samty wrote: »
    The green refresh arrow for projects is still not functioning properly for me :(

Flash and browser cleared twice
    And it doesn't function fully for my other co-op members either

It DOES works when I have just done something towards the total and then refresh. That is collected some eggs or whatever myself

It DOESN'T if I just click it to see how close we are to finishing, without collecting something myself first

I have found that if you hover your mouse over it and it is counting down (like you just came into the game or switch farms), it will do nothing if you click . . . but it will refresh once it is done counting down. The old refresh button did this too but it turned gray when it was doing it . . . this one stays green regardless.
  • edited 30.04.2014
    Very good, I have lost count how much humus I have lost. Every day or two I try it to see if it works and it does not :(
  • Nauna14Nauna14 Posts: 238
    edited 30.04.2014
    Thank you for the suggestions. I really do appreciate very much your thoughts on why I don't have the fertilizer. I will try to reply to them all.

Yes, I do know about the silos' symbiosis. Yes, I do realize the amounts of what the different orchards use. I had saved up the fertilizer prior to using the the fertilizer (now that I use the bakery). I had saved up for the co-op apple quest, and wasn't using it on any of the orchards. The dung and subsequent fertilizer were gone prior to using it now. (I don't know if I am explaining it via text properly, but thank you for your input.)

Oh, and if you are using Internet Explorer, Microsoft and even Homeland Security (US) advised not to.
  • yastisoumilyastisoumil Posts: 1
    edited 30.04.2014
    can I be in your group of co operative
  • CM NafaruCM Nafaru Posts: 1,325
    edited 30.04.2014
    jaystarr2 wrote: »
    The animated donkeys with animations off is still happening.

Thanks, I will forward it again. :)
    I have found that if you hover your mouse over it and it is counting down (like you just came into the game or switch farms), it will do nothing if you click . . . but it will refresh once it is done counting down. The old refresh button did this too but it turned gray when it was doing it . . . this one stays green regardless.

There is a known bug with the refresh button.
    Georgenollie summed it up pretty well: the button is not greyed out, but a small cooldown is triggered after pressing it and it won't register clicks until the cooldown is over. :)
  • Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    edited 30.04.2014
    I think GGS should test all the updates out on another server before putting them live for the players you would get less players complaining i have never really know a game company that don't test there upgrades out before hand also by testing the upgrades it is better for your company because the more complaints you get leads to more unsatisfied players leading to less players leading to less gold buying i would have thought this only makes sense.
  • jatoda (US1)jatoda (US1) Posts: 318
    edited 30.04.2014
    I am getting in and out as fast as I can, before another site pops up. Just going to say my bakery is working now. What's going on with all this advertising and stuff on the sides
  • Runnerkim (GB1)Runnerkim (GB1) Posts: 93
    edited 30.04.2014
    I don't see the mismatching in missions being fixed. Just played a mission against a player 90 levels higher than me. This player was also rated over a 1500 places higher than me for reputation points.
  • tove999 (SKN1)tove999 (SKN1) Posts: 71
    edited 30.04.2014
    When all that happiness mess came, i started playing another online game.
    In that game its possible to put your account on holiday mode. Inactive accounts are deleated, except if they are on holiday mode.
    Why not implement that here?
  • jatoda2jatoda2 Posts: 36
    edited 30.04.2014
    I was wrong. my bakery is not working. Just thought it was because it looked like it sold part of the inventory. but it didn't. Still have to go to farm management to sell some.
  • edited 01.05.2014
    As of 5/1/14 the humus has not been fixed along with other bugs. Any idea when it will be addressed?
  • Mommy and CMommy and C Posts: 5
    edited 01.05.2014
    Another thought.. Sometimes someone has to go into a medical facility (hospital/rehab) for treatment, and they are expected to be out in 3 months, but then the stay is extended for much longer due to infections, complications, etc., and they don't necessarily have access to a computer either. I would not want my account where I have paid my hard earned money do be deleted just because of inactivity, especially since there is no way for someone to let people know the situation.

Medical issues, military deployment, and other reasons are why people don't/can't get on to the game to play unexpectedly.
  • rhinanarhinana Posts: 561
    edited 01.05.2014
    Another thought.. Sometimes someone has to go into a medical facility (hospital/rehab) for treatment, and they are expected to be out in 3 months, but then the stay is extended for much longer due to infections, complications, etc., and they don't necessarily have access to a computer either. I would not want my account where I have paid my hard earned money do be deleted just because of inactivity, especially since there is no way for someone to let people know the situation.

Medical issues, military deployment, and other reasons are why people don't/can't get on to the game to play unexpectedly.

In another thread it has been confirmed by Latten that accounts where any amount of gold has been purchased will not be shut down at the 6 month mark of inactivity.

http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/showthread.php?107198-6-Month-Account-deletion
    edited 01.05.2014
    Yeah, but how are people who are on e.g. military duty or otherwise already away from their computers supposed to be able to buy gold now to save their accounts?
  • cazree2cazree2 Posts: 1
    edited 02.05.2014
    rhinana wrote: »
    In another thread it has been confirmed by Latten that accounts where any amount of gold has been purchased will not be shut down at the 6 month mark of inactivity.

http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/showthread.php?107198-6-Month-Account-deletion

My accounts gone ... Joined yesterday, purchased gold ... now poof ...gone :(

(Fastest i've ever known admins to work lol )
  • rhinanarhinana Posts: 561
    edited 02.05.2014
    cazree2 wrote: »

Ok so if you just joined yesterday your accounts would not have been subjected to the purge of inactive accounts.
    Two reasons why:
    1. The purge occurred on April 29
    2. The purge only affected accounts that were inactive for 6 months.
    You just joined yesterday.

It is more likely that you are trying to log in under the wrong server. Take a look at which server you see on the log in page. According to your signature you should be logging into the EN server. Sometimes the log in page will default to the WWW server, if you try to log on to this server your farm will not exist.

Also whenever you have problems logging in you should clear your cache and all that browser jazz.
  • GeorgenollieUseGeorgenollieUse Posts: 1,801
    edited 02.05.2014
    cazree2 wrote: »

Check your server flag on the log in page . . . you probably logged in on a different server.
  • wouter1582wouter1582 Posts: 1
    edited 05.05.2014
    When will the new update be there?
    edited 05.05.2014
    wouter1582 wrote: »
    When will the new update be there?
    The update being discussed here has been implemented

When the next update is ready it will be announced in the Official Announcements Forum
  • holidayrox (US1)holidayrox (US1) US1 Posts: 328
    edited 06.05.2014
    Would be nice to know when the NEXT update is going to be? I think the next animal added should be a snail (yea, I know. Not an animal). XD
  • FrodoPlayer3FrodoPlayer3 Posts: 15
    edited 06.05.2014
    What's happening next!!! Its been quiet like a grave at the Official Announcements section!
  • Latten (DE1)Latten (DE1) Posts: 6,246
    edited 06.05.2014
    What's happening next!!! Its been quiet like a grave at the Official Announcements section!

The next update won't make it this week :) Next week though, we'll finally get to know what happens with our Certificates!
  • Irish30 (US1)Irish30 (US1) Posts: 264
    edited 06.05.2014
    Thank you Latten...will be nice to know what we have been working towards with the new missions...plus to see how many we have earned...that is if I understand what you posted. Wouldn't be the first time I misunderstood a post. Be safe and hug your pet they need your love...but gently with the gold fish...they seem a bit ticklish the way they flop around....
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    edited 07.05.2014
    Why aren't the new certificates listed under Equipment? Seems a very logical thing to do and wouldn't be very hard.
    edited 07.05.2014
    Would be nice to know when the NEXT update is going to be? I think the next animal added should be a snail (yea, I know. Not an animal). XD

Snails aren't animals??? ;)
Sign In to comment.