Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

6-Month Account deletion

connerk2connerk2 Posts: 177
Deployed Military cannot meet your 6-month requirement for login.

I'm not sure everyone knows, or even cares to think about folks going outside the wire.
In those environments, communications are scratch due to OPSEC concerns and those missions don't end for at least six months.
Most, right now, are 365s.

I think there might be an alternative to the 6-month proposal. Perhaps inactivating the account in lieu of deleting it?
I'm sure there are other alternatives as well which do NOT include us sending you a message when we are going to deploy. That is a major no-no.
Perhaps GGS would allow military members to identify themselves so their accounts are not considered for deletion?

I've been AD for 12 years now and I will not support any company that will not support military members be they U.S. or our dear allies. Hope someone is listening.
Post edited by connerk2 on

Comments

• lonestar gal (US1)lonestar gal (US1) Posts: 25
    edited 28.04.2014
    I agree. Hope GGS takes this into consideration. Military personnel should not be penalized because they are serving their country.
  • Latten (DE1)Latten (DE1) Posts: 6,246
    edited 28.04.2014
    I'll go out on a limb here and guess Game Design didn't really think about that - I'll pass it on and see if we can do something about it. Thanks for the input though!
  • jaystarr2jaystarr2 Posts: 1,657
    edited 28.04.2014
    This is a random question but does Germany/European countries have deployed military in the same way the US does? If not, maybe that would explain why it wasn't considered. But at the same time, one could argue that because it's not a US company it's under no obligation to consider the cultural practices of another country (although, of course, they could if they wanted to).

But I think having the answer to that question might go some way into explaining GGS' policy on account deletion.
    edited 29.04.2014
    Talked to the team, we will only delete accounts that didn't log in for 6 month and made no payment at all. I guess that's reasonable :) If you want to be absolutely sure your account is safe in case something comes up, the smallest possible amount of gold will be enough to avoid getting deleted after half a year.
  • Michele Leach (GB1)Michele Leach (GB1) GB1 Posts: 101
    edited 29.04.2014
    Is the update happening today ??
  • maxiroy (US1)maxiroy (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    edited 29.04.2014
    Looks like it is happening as we post.
    edited 29.04.2014
    Yeah, it's today alright :)
  • Irish30 (US1)Irish30 (US1) Posts: 264
    edited 29.04.2014
    I can understand the problem of accounts that sit unused and the waste of data space....however...how hard would it be to add a line of code to allow new / current accounts a box to check if they are active service personnel. Seems that would solve a problem and give those players serving their countries one less thing to think about...as for those already in the game hopefully support will be able to reinstate those accounts as soon as they are informed of the problem. Be safe and hug your loved ones each day...and give a well done to any person you see in uniform...they protect us all...
    edited 29.04.2014
    We now will except all accounts who ever payed any amount to buy gold from our shop to be safe - If you want to be absolutely sure your account won't be deleted, you can order the smallest possible amount of gold and should be on the safe side. I know that's probably not exactly what you had in mind, but that's what we can do for now, I will talk over the whole military issue with the devs though.
  • Prince Krishna2Prince Krishna2 Posts: 228
    edited 29.04.2014
    Latten wrote: »
    We now will except all accounts who ever payed any amount to buy gold from our shop to be safe - If you want to be absolutely sure your account won't be deleted, you can order the smallest possible amount of gold and should be on the safe side. I know that's probably not exactly what you had in mind, but that's what we can do for now, I will talk over the whole military issue with the devs though.

sms and paypal ok ?
  • jaystarr2jaystarr2 Posts: 1,657
    edited 29.04.2014
    Um, but if they're already deployed, how are they supposed to buy gold?
  • Sophie423 (US1)Sophie423 (US1) Posts: 57
    edited 29.04.2014
    Latten wrote: »
    Talked to the team, we will only delete accounts that didn't log in for 6 month and made no payment at all. I guess that's reasonable :) If you want to be absolutely sure your account is safe in case something comes up, the smallest possible amount of gold will be enough to avoid getting deleted after half a year.
    On behalf of HayseedCowboy's co-op the Bar K, we are all sincerely grateful. We are doing the happy dance today!!! Nice, Latten, you are our hero. ;)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file