Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Unfair celebration!!!!!!!!

mystie71mystie71 Posts: 59
​I must admit it is much to my dismay to see that GGS did not send EVERYONE a code today!!!! To SELECT MEMBERS ONLY...????? What is this?I am not celebrating:(
Post edited by mystie71 on

Comments

• GeorgenollieUseGeorgenollieUse Posts: 1,801
    edited 24.04.2014
    It is like getting a scratch off ticket from the lottery or when McDonalds is doing a give away. Some people are going to receive the "you're not a winner" ticket and other will get the free goodies. I doubt you call it unfair if you don't win one of the free goodies during those games so why is it unfair in this game.
  • rhinanarhinana Posts: 561
    edited 24.04.2014
    Oh boy more entitled whining I see. GG is not obligated to give you anything by the way, Mystie71.
  • ArtmakerArtmaker Posts: 415
    edited 24.04.2014
    Only because someone in our chat mentioned getting a voucher did I even come here.
    What voucher? Where? Was this part of the pile of pop ups I turn off as soon as I log in? (I never even look at them.) Is this on facebook again? I don't use facebook. (And won't, I don't care what they give away.)
    Is this something that only random members got? How? In their email? System mail?

I don't get it.
  • amaprincess1 (US1)amaprincess1 (US1) Posts: 636
    edited 24.04.2014
    Mine was sent to the email address I used to sign up.
    edited 24.04.2014
    Artmaker wrote: »
    Only because someone in our chat mentioned getting a voucher did I even come here.
    What voucher? Where? Was this part of the pile of pop ups I turn off as soon as I log in? (I never even look at them.) Is this on facebook again? I don't use facebook. (And won't, I don't care what they give away.)
    Is this something that only random members got? How? In their email? System mail?

I don't get it.

They are personalized vouchers codes sent to the email you signed up for celebrating 25 million players on Big Farm . . . they cannot be shared since they only works one time. GGS already said that some players will not receive the codes . . . it is like a lottery. And the prizes for the codes also varies.
  • Summers3Summers3 Posts: 103
    edited 24.04.2014
    And what is stopping them from have a same prize for everyone, it doesn't have to be seeds or gold, it could just be a balloon (for celebration) if other companies can so can GGS. Rewarding people who don't buy gold as far as I have read different threads it is truly a slap in the face towards the gold buyers, a.k.a the people that are basically paying their salaries. I don't care myself for free things. If I want gold, seeds whatever I buy it, very simple. But to divide it like this is really showing how they're (not) thinking.

Edit: All I'm saying is that they should have done it a bit smarter. For example saying first 1000 people wins something or just give a free decoration balloon to people
  • CM NafaruCM Nafaru Posts: 1,325
    edited 24.04.2014
    Summers3 wrote: »
    Rewarding people who don't buy gold as far as I have read different threads it is truly a slap in the face towards the gold buyers, a.k.a the people that are basically paying their salaries.

Summer3, there are different "winner categories" if you want to call them that.
    Each of these categories has a different small prize and it depends on different variables, like lifetime, activity in the last couple of months, golds spent or not, what you will get if you are chosen to be one of the "winners".

This e-mail is targeted at everybody, informing you that we reached this milestone. Furthermore it is used for reactivation before we do the spring cleanup and delete old accounts - so inactive users may get a prize as well.

We do realize that this caused a lot of confusion and even some discontent and we're forwarding this to our marketing team in order to assure that the next little surprise is a happy one. :D

Regards,
    Steffi
  • TOPORUTOPORU Posts: 11
    edited 24.04.2014
    I honestly keep playing this game , just to see how far can this ggs can go with their "methods".
    This one for today , Ive NEVER EVER saw it untill now! And im playing mmo/rpgs more than 10 years, but this move is in top! No doubt!! Its like loving one of your child more than the other.Absolutely .. NO WORDS
    as for u george, i got sick and tired by you, you stick your nose everywhere and for you everythings is absolutely perfect!
    (ps. looking forward to ggs moves, they keep me stunning , you guys are unbeliavable)
  • Prince Krishna2Prince Krishna2 Posts: 228
    edited 24.04.2014
    nafaru
    i receive code on my 3 time gold purchase farm
    but not in farm where i purchase gold 100+ time

please help
  • Kat Nip (GB1)Kat Nip (GB1) GB1 Posts: 3,796
    edited 24.04.2014
    Toporu, I realise you're upset and frustrated, but please don't take that out on the other members.

Kat. Kittie_by_otomosc.gif
    edited 24.04.2014
    Kat Nip2 wrote: »
    Toporu, I realise you're upset and frustrated, but please don't take that out on the other members.

Thanks, Kat, it is okay I have thick skin.

As for me having a positive attitude about everything, I have learned in my 40 years that it makes life go a lot smoother. The simple fact is that this game gives me an escape from reality (which is not peachy keen at the moment) and I thoroughly enjoy it. Nothing GGS has done in recent months are items that I can't work around to continue enjoying the game. And if I can help out others who truly enjoy the game and are a little frustrated about events, then I am going to help them.

In life you can either cry or laugh at events, I will choose to laugh and adapt as needed.
  • RaquelCesar (GB1)RaquelCesar (GB1) GB1 Posts: 55
    edited 24.04.2014
    Nafaru wrote: »
    Summer3, there are different "winner categories" if you want to call them that.
    Each of these categories has a different small prize and it depends on different variables, like lifetime, activity in the last couple of months, golds spent or not, what you will get if you are chosen to be one of the "winners".

I've been playing since mid July past year, every day, almost 24 hrs a day. I bought gold on several occasions, once-twice a month. I really would like to know what has disqualified me from being "chosen to be one of the winners"!!!
  • rie222rie222 Posts: 1,074
    edited 24.04.2014
    For once GGS actually gave me this gift on both my farms. Wow i guess i am one of the lucky ones. Sorry for the ones who didn't get this. I know what it feels like to be left out. I feel that way with the 200% and 100%offers.
    edited 24.04.2014
    I've been playing since mid July past year, every day, almost 24 hrs a day. I bought gold on several occasions, once-twice a month. I really would like to know what has disqualified me from being "chosen to be one of the winners"!!!

The laws of probability.

I suspect its all random so no real use in trying to figure it all out.
  • neriux777neriux777 Posts: 161
    edited 24.04.2014
    TOPORU wrote: »
    I honestly keep playing this game , just to see how far can this ggs can go with their "methods".
    This one for today , Ive NEVER EVER saw it untill now! And im playing mmo/rpgs more than 10 years, but this move is in top! No doubt!! Its like loving one of your child more than the other.Absolutely .. NO WORDS
    as for u george, i got sick and tired by you, you stick your nose everywhere and for you everythings is absolutely perfect!
    (ps. looking forward to ggs moves, they keep me stunning , you guys are unbeliavable)

Hey there, if you don't like game don't play it. You have a lot off more from your expereance. Or maby this "gift" it's only thing what is ceaping you in games? And when you don't have one you "changing" games?
    Goodgames reached 25 millions, not you or me. So they have to decide what they must to do with that. And yes I don't like a lot of changes they made, so I can go away or try to like what they offering.
    edited 24.04.2014
    Nafaru wrote: »
    We do realize that this caused a lot of confusion and even some discontent and we're forwarding this to our marketing team in order to assure that the next little surprise is a happy one. :D

Regards,
    Steffi

I have been playing enough mmo/rpgs to see enough of the "lets talk to marketing-bulltalk". I do find it funny however that you respond to me in a thread when I am stating the obvious that you don't care about the ones that are paying YOUR salary. It's ok right? As long as you get your paycheck every month. Who cares otherwise. But not being professional enough to respond to a private message that I've sent you earlier (not today). More and more I see that you are favoring brown nosers and not the general public.
    TOPORU wrote: »

You read my mind, I fully agree with you (including the comment about George)
    Kat Nip2 wrote: »
    but please don't take that out on the other members.

No TOPORU is right, George is adding their 2 cents everywhere in a lot of threads with comments that aren't even related to the actual thread topic. A very clear example of that is here (see #5)
    edited 24.04.2014
    neriux777 wrote: »
    And yes I don't like a lot of changes they made, so I can go away or try to like what they offering.

This has nothing to do with the changes, it is about how they are favoring certain players, while they turn their cheeks to the people that are paying their salaries. the goldbuyers are left with a cheeky email saying they're celebrating, while someone who has never bought anything and only played gets a reward or prize.
  • pop1pop1 Posts: 341
    edited 24.04.2014
    For the farm(el1) i had spent a some gold, no gift at all ! For the farm (www1) that i only once had dought gold months ago, the 'grand' gift !!! So , i'm 50% celebrating :D Thanks anyway!
    But i have to agree that a gift for all players would be fair. The baloon (deco ? ) idea sounds great! Or a new flag or XP , many possibilities.
    edited 24.04.2014
    rhinana wrote: »
    The laws of probability.

I suspect its all random so no real use in trying to figure it all out.

In case you haven't noticed, I was being sarcastic!

Of course it's not random! Like the 200% gold sale offers are not random either! I started receiving those offers as soon as I stopped buying gold for about a month...

I was reacting to Nafaru's post, which stated that the "winners" were chosen. That means no randomness, as I see it...

Anyway, I can understand that prizes are given randomly in a game you participate in, like the monopoly GeorgenollieUse referred. You know the odds when you play such games and you know you can end up with no prize at all. But this wasn't that case! I didn't play any game to win anything! GGS sent an email to all players, giving prizes to some and leaving others out, using some "unkown" criteria. Hence, I asked... What did I do, or didn't do, to not be considered a player deserving a prize by GGS?
  • jaystarr2jaystarr2 Posts: 1,657
    edited 24.04.2014
    No TOPORU is right, George is adding their 2 cents everywhere in a lot of threads with comments that aren't even related to the actual thread topic. A very clear example of that is here (see #5)

OMG! Players complaining about other players! How dare they! :P

I don't see why GGS couldn't have given the code to everyone, or at least not made "how much money you spend on the game" a condition for a prize. Like, you know, if you wanted to celebrate this with everyone that contributed to the 25 million players or whatever, you might want to appreciate everyone that helped you reach that milestone.
    edited 24.04.2014
    In case you haven't noticed, I was being sarcastic!

Of course it's not random! Like the 200% gold sale offers are not random either! I started receiving those offers as soon as I stopped buying gold for about a month...

I was reacting to Nafaru's post, which stated that the "winners" were chosen. That means no randomness, as I see it...

Anyway, I can understand that prizes are given randomly in a game you participate in, like the monopoly GeorgenollieUse referred. You know the odds when you play such games and you know you can end up with no prize at all. But this wasn't that case! I didn't play any game to win anything! GGS sent an email to all players, giving prizes to some and leaving others out, using some "unkown" criteria. Hence, I asked... What did I do, or didn't do, to not be considered a player deserving a prize by GGS?

Perhaps you complain too much
    edited 24.04.2014
    This has nothing to do with the changes, it is about how they are favoring certain players, while they turn their cheeks to the people that are paying their salaries. the goldbuyers are left with a cheeky email saying they're celebrating, while someone who has never bought anything and only played gets a reward or prize.

Yes it's nice to be in someones party, and to get little bit cake, yes everyone like free gifts. Wait untill you get +200% and buy gold for your self it will be +200% free gift to YOU (all cake, not part of it). Don't like what they doing now? Play few months without buying something. Still want to buy? Then you buying to yourself not to THEM.
  • cariberrycariberry Posts: 87
    edited 24.04.2014
    i think it is lame to not atleast send ALL the email ya not all get goodies but all can get the email celebrating said milestone this only people who you design / decidided / won lottery getting email only makes it feel less like you get cause random presents to winners of lottery and more like those who got code are better/ liked more/ are more important for some unknown reason if its the milestone being celebrated all should have got the email 2 the email they signed up for yes putting a code in alls too much BUT there could have been a line saying random players will get a code in celebration of milestone

this is just my 2 cents ya but to me this seems like a nicer fairer way so all can see milestone and not feel like they are not worth getting told this information i l got up today and had coop members talking on code and found out that way i did not get email and i sifted though my spam folder thinking may have messed up and had it go there but only way i hear of milestone is my coop leader saying thats why some ppl got codes
    edited 24.04.2014
    Perhaps you complain too much

Really??? Was that the reason??? (being sarcastic again...)
  • Sophie423 (US1)Sophie423 (US1) Posts: 57
    edited 24.04.2014
    This new celebration gift thing----Epic Fail (in my opinion as a co-op leader)
  • mystie71mystie71 Posts: 59
    edited 24.04.2014
    Oh boy more entitled whining I see. GG is not obligated to give you anything by the way, Mystie71.
    I did not say i was entitled...i said i thought it was unfair to give codes to some and others not:)
  • edited 24.04.2014
    I got the e-mail with no voucher in it and I don`t really care about the voucher. Also I do enjoy the game a lot, but I agree with Summers3 and RaquelCesar2. It would be nice to know what the criteria are for those who have received the voucher. Definitely not probability, but an algorithm that chose the receivers, which seems a pretty odd to me. You could have been smarter in your announcement GGS..
  • jatoda2jatoda2 Posts: 36
    edited 24.04.2014

You are correct about good game not having to give anyone anything, but since they have chosen to do so, they should give it to everyone. Some of my co-op members got it some didn't. One spends gold and plays all the time did not receive anything. One that never buys gold, and is very seldom on got the prize.
    True enough it was probably random. I have 2 accounts. I got the prize on both. I have never bought gold on the www1 account and only started it last month. my us1 account I buy gold all the time. I got a bigger prize on the us1 account than the other, but I got them both. Not fair to everyone. If one receives all should receive. Also it should be the same gift for everyone. No discriminating. We are all part of the group. Everyone should be celebrating not just a few. They should have posted it on the facebook like always. One code for all.

X(X(X(X(X(X(X(X(X(X(
    edited 24.04.2014
    cariberry wrote: »
    this is just my 2 cents ya but to me this seems like a nicer fairer way so all can see milestone and not feel like they are not worth getting told this information i l got up today and had coop members talking on code and found out that way i did not get email and i sifted though my spam folder thinking may have messed up and had it go there but only way i hear of milestone is my coop leader saying thats why some ppl got codes

Well sorry I don't rely know what you writed... :whistling: you kitti is adorable ... ^^ everytime I see it on forum I want to ask is it real, and it is yours?.. :rolleyes:

Edit: I have it in may picture folder...
  • Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    edited 24.04.2014
    jatoda2 wrote: »
    You are correct about good game not having to give anyone anything, but since they have chosen to do so, they should give it to everyone. Some of my co-op members got it some didn't. One spends gold and plays all the time did not receive anything. One that never buys gold, and is very seldom on got the prize.
    True enough it was probably random. I have 2 accounts. I got the prize on both. I have never bought gold on the www1 account and only started it last month. my us1 account I buy gold all the time. I got a bigger prize on the us1 account than the other, but I got them both. Not fair to everyone. If one receives all should receive. Also it should be the same gift for everyone. No discriminating. We are all part of the group. Everyone should be celebrating not just a few. They should have posted it on the facebook like always. One code for all.

X(X(X(X(X(X(X(X(X(X(

i totally agree im not bothered about a fake packet of rose seeds but its the way they always give some and not others that really says a lot

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file