Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

New Missions

jyoti26 (IN1)jyoti26 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 38
There is no challenge in the new missions.After playing or 3 times you are bored and incentives too are not upto the mark.:huh:
Post edited by jyoti26 (IN1) on

Comments

• Slodge (AU1)Slodge (AU1) Posts: 46
    edited 22.04.2014
    totally agree with you.... once again GGS has looked after lining their pockets again with the missions for the golders they again favor the golders... I worked hard & spend heaps many months ago to get 2nd spot on the oz server in one week that has been totally stuffed up... thx GGS No fun again doing the missions... time to say goodbye and goodluck to all the player that get screwed over by GGS next thing will be the flower farm and all the money that players spent on doing that will be again wasted... A very unhappy farmer... GGS just do what lines their pockets..
  • GeorgenollieUseGeorgenollieUse Posts: 1,801
    edited 22.04.2014
    I am holding out on the incentatives until I can see how many certificates the farm boosters in the garage are going to cost . . . I suspect once they are introduced a lot of people will have incentative to play missions. I have earned at least 100 + certificates without spending an ounce of gold because on principle I refuse to use gold in missions so if that was GGS point - they completely failed with me.

And I have had more fun and enjoyment with these missions than the prior set up which I stopped playing several months ago when they were no longer needed for co-op projects.
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    edited 22.04.2014
    I agree, the missions are quite boring especially when you are unfortunate enough to get stuck doing wildflower missions 7 times in a row (it has happened to me). Its even worse when you have to do them alone....take today for example, I was alone in about 80% of the missions. Whats the point of being put in a mission alone?
    edited 22.04.2014
    gizmo222 wrote: »
    . Whats the point of being put in a mission alone?

Per the official announcement - it means that the system could not find anyone to match with you - the others playing at the time were either way lower then you in their playing style or way higher so they put you in a mission by yourself.
    Unfortunately, EVERY mission I've done thus far is ruined by "coiners!" Seems as though they spoil the idea of the missions...or am I the only one that thinks so?!?!

Currently in a mission where someone jumped way ahead . . . to me I don't let them ruin the mission. My goal is to play the best I can - in the style that I like to play . . . this way I get the most certificates I can based on my performance. I ignore them and don't worry about coming in 1st or 2nd, if there are two. Same thing if I get a mission by myself - I still compete like I am in a mission with multiple people because the amount of RP and certificates may be less since you are the only one in it but they will be more than if I put in a lackluster effort since I will win anyway.
  • MelissaDawn11 (US1)MelissaDawn11 (US1) US1 Posts: 5
    edited 22.04.2014
    I'm enjoying the new missions for certificates but really miss earning money (since all the upgrades cost sooooooo much!)!! Unfortunately, EVERY mission I've done thus far is ruined by "coiners!" Seems as though they spoil the idea of the missions...or am I the only one that thinks so?!?!
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    edited 22.04.2014
    Well maybe the system should wait longer than 5 minutes to put you in a mission, or if at all possible the mission part should merge all servers so we can play against players from other countries. I've never seen the point of being in a mission all by yourself, its boring.
  • jatoda (US1)jatoda (US1) Posts: 318
    edited 22.04.2014
    I miss the money part. That was great for lower level players to make a little money. I just do them for the certificates now. Just adding up the totals now. I don't care if I'm last or first, or playing by myself. I may change my mind, after we see what the garage has to offer. It may not even be worth doing missions, or may be something to have running all the time. We will see.
    It is frustrating to be leading a mission, till the last 30 seconds, then comes the gold buyer and that's the end of that. Hope they get that all lined out, before the garage opens.
  • Pink Clover (US1)Pink Clover (US1) Posts: 33
    edited 22.04.2014
    It's not always a gold buyer, though. I know that I have been in last place in most of my missions, only to get first place at the end. This is because I start my missions when I first come online, when everything is ready to go. So, for example, an egg mission is great because if I can't get ahead, I just harvest my duck eggs at the end ... that's 340 eggs (was 680 until I deleted one of my ducks). It wasn't gold, it was prolific ducks. :D

Sometimes I start up a crop of special flowers, special corn, and special cabbage just in case I get a mission that calls for it. Gives me a head start. So when my corn jumps ahead, it was because I planned ahead. Not because I used gold. I guess my point is that although I know people DO use gold, I don't think they/we are using it as often as people might think. Sometimes just planning ahead and getting lucky works!

But I do get what you are saying. Although I don't have a problem with anyone using gold to play (after all, if we don't buy gold there is no game), it's hard to compete with gold if you aren't using it. Which is one of the reasons I hated the old missions. It was really obvious before. Now it's not bothering me. JMHO, of course. :)
    edited 22.04.2014
    I feel guilty . . . I had duck eggs getting ready to harvest so I decided to do a mission hoping to get the egg one. That did not happen - I got the corn one instead and I have five fields of special corn with humus getting ready to harvest around the 24 minute mark of the mission so I am going to jump ahead of the competition based on the figures showing at the moment. I planted the corn because I needed more to make feed and did not want to have to harvest every five minutes. Now I feel guilty but at the same time, I want certificates. **sigh**
  • SirGeorge (US1)SirGeorge (US1) Posts: 354
    edited 22.04.2014
    I was in that corn mission. No big deal.
    edited 22.04.2014
    SirGeorge wrote: »
    I was in that corn mission. No big deal.

Thanks, Sir George :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file