Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Bakery Production

GeorgenollieUseGeorgenollieUse Posts: 1,801
Since I started using the bakery regularly on Monday (after the new prices went in effect), I have been transferring only the necessary ingredients into the bakery prior to making the recipe. This allows me to make a couple batches of apple turnovers and when my apples run out, I throw in a batch of almond muffins, and by the time they are done I have apples again so I switch back. Then at night when I get ready to get off, I throw in a batch of fruit cakes. I sell off all access produce and start over the next day.

It is working well for me but my question is . . . is there a good reason to keep a surplus of ingredients in the bakery? Am I shooting myself in the foot by doing it this way?

Post edited by GeorgenollieUse on

Comments

• Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 18.04.2014
    Good question. I use the bakery exactly the same way as you do, but keep a little surplus in the bakery, other than you do (just to be sure and to be able to make the good choises). Then I skim just the right amount of daily needed ingredients for the flowerfarm; the rest I sell off.
  • montuosmontuos Posts: 1,275
    edited 19.04.2014
    Since I have a wildly erratic "schedule", I keep a surplus of apples in the bakery, and if I ever get enough coops built, I will do the same with eggs (I keep running out of those on one of my farms). That way I have the necessary goods to produce turnovers (which I run nonstop except overnight or when I run out of eggs) immediately even when I've been away.

I also throw all my peaches in there immediately when I grow them at all, because as far as I can see, they're too much drain on my fertilizer except for use in fruit cakes. Presently I'm going to stop running those, too, because with only one orchard, I'm going to run out of cherries Real Soon Now.

I'm only throwing almonds in when I actually need them (when I know in advance that I'm going to be away long enough to merit running almond muffins), and I'm not growing those much either because of my fertilizer problem.
  • GeorgenollieUseGeorgenollieUse Posts: 1,801
    edited 19.04.2014
    :) I ran into the peach issue last night - waited up an extra hour or so to get a harvest to come up. Once I get my duck ponds situated . . . definitely raising the two orchards up levels so I can get more per harvest. Until then, all peaches are going into the bakery - if I have a surplus so be it.
  • Woodstock MWoodstock M Posts: 110
    edited 20.04.2014
    well if you need to upgrade your orchards or coops, some surplus is nice. but once it is in the bakery, they cannot be sold.
  • GenuineJodiGenuineJodi Posts: 20
    edited 20.04.2014
    I actually filled mine all the way up while I was waiting on the bakery selling prices to "fix".
    Now I just keep it topped off.
    Really hurt money for awhile, but now that it is done, profits are great and no pain keeping it full
  • Tonybolonga2Tonybolonga2 Posts: 6
    edited 21.04.2014
    I run my bakery almost the same way. I do keep a surplus. That way when an event runs and they want my apples or whatever from me I'll have some stashed away.
  • Larino (INT1)Larino (INT1) Posts: 4,572
    edited 21.04.2014
    I run my bakery almost the same way. I do keep a surplus. That way when an event runs and they want my apples or whatever from me I'll have some stashed away.

Except for the fact those apples or whatever are stuck in your bakery and you will never get them back out without running a dish? I do hope you are aware of that. It is not a bad idea to have a surplus, I do it all the time, but those apples or whatever cannot be used elsewhere any more (not donated, nor sold).
    edited 21.04.2014
    Larino wrote: »
    Except for the fact those apples or whatever are stuck in your bakery and you will never get them back out without running a dish? I do hope you are aware of that. It is not a bad idea to have a surplus, I do it all the time, but those apples or whatever cannot be used elsewhere any more (not donated, nor sold).

I think Tony meant that he had apples ready in the bakery to use for recipes and could use the ones he is growing for the project or task. :) I read it the same way you did and then reread it.
  • DAC99 (NL1)DAC99 (NL1) Posts: 56
    edited 21.04.2014
    I think Tony meant that he had apples ready in the bakery to use for recipes and could use the ones he is growing for the project or task. :) I read it the same way you did and then reread it.

Or he meant that his barns are filled at full capacity. When he harvests, everything goes to the barns first, the rest can be sold or transported to the bakery.
    That's how I play, works great.
    edited 21.04.2014
    Or he meant that his barns are filled at full capacity. When he harvests, everything goes to the barns first, the rest can be sold or transported to the bakery.
    That's how I play, works great.

This is what I meant. Sorry I wasn't more clear about that.

I am aware of this. Once those apples, eggs, ect. are there they are there to stay unless I make a dish with them. Since my coop has no research done I do make a profit from using the bakery and did even before the update.

Just do what works best for you.
  • Larino (INT1)Larino (INT1) Posts: 4,572
    edited 21.04.2014
    Okie :) Just making sure you understood. The 'stashed away' part confused me :)
    edited 21.04.2014
    Okie :) Just making sure you understood. The 'stashed away' part confused me :)

Lol I had to go back and read what I wrote the first time. I think that might have been the redneck in me coming out.:rolleyes: I know I don't post on the forums very much, but I do try to come and read them every day.
  • aida605aida605 Posts: 1
    edited 21.04.2014
    hi my friends, I have problem by my bakery,it doesn't produced any thing, and the last one it produce something I can't harvest it.and now I want too demolish it but demolish key is disappear,what should I do now? please help me
    edited 21.04.2014
    this is a known bug - you need to go to farm management (the tab with the white pan) and sell off your inventory that you have created. Unlike the old restaurant, your recipes are stored instead of making you money right away and your storage is now full. The need to sell now pop up is not working right on the bakery.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file