Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update - March 31 - The Gourmet Farm Rework - Discussion

Comments

• musicdoc2musicdoc2 Posts: 20
    edited 12.04.2014
    lvl 115 and I will go slow, the break-even for builds are pretty long esp if you don't sit on here all day. What's the hurry? Now that rank is just how much gold you spend in the game, chill and save that game face for real life. Wait for GG to get the pricing and production costs figured out, or risk needing to demolish and rebalance after spending on a too-fast rebuild. Changes are hitting mid-level and new players way too hard.
  • ArtmakerArtmaker Posts: 415
    edited 12.04.2014
    So does anyone have a blinking clue yet when this will be fixed? Grumblings in my coop from people who want to leave. I keep trying to tell them it's broken, they know, it will be fixed. But when?

I wish I had all the ice cream I could have made during this time. Might be able to afford more land.
  • GeorgenollieUseGeorgenollieUse Posts: 1,801
    edited 12.04.2014
    In the update for Monday on the official announcements - it is announced that they will be fixing the prices. The one that also talks about the mission revamp.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited 13.04.2014
    So where is my 10.000 goat food, i had before the change? Now i have 0 food... Was it so hard to just swap it? old food for new food? And very sad to say, whats the differance between main and gourmet farm now? Both Silo, Both mill, both composter?
  • ann345 (GB1)ann345 (GB1) Posts: 66
    edited 13.04.2014
    I think it will be worth it in the long run if you run the other numbers. Let's take the fruit cake recipe. (These numbers are based off of my co-ops completed research so your numbers may be different).

Level 1 Recipe
    1600 Milk @ 31 Farm Dollars = 49,600
    600 Peaches @ 100 Farm Dollars = 60,000
    700 Cherries @ 180 Farm Dollars = 126,000
    Profit of Selling all ingredients separately = 235,600

Level 7 Recipe -
    1360 Milk @ 31 Farm Dollars = 42,160
    510 Peaches @ 100 Farm Dollars = 51,000
    595 Cherries @ 180 Farm Dollars = 107,100
    Profit of Selling all ingredients separately = 200,260

Profit from batch of fruit cakes (with new bakery amounts coming Monday) -
    400 Fruit Cakes @ 680 Farm Dollars = 272,000
    Profit from Level 1 Bakery = 36,400
    Profit from Level 7 Bakery = 71,740

Yes, that is only an increase of 35,340 but run the recipe 10 times and you show an increase profit of 353,400. And this is without any research done on the gourmet farm so it is just going to improve as my co-op does more research.

I realize that I did not add in running cost but regardless of which level I run the running cost is going to be identical so the ratio of profit will stay the same between the two buildings.

Edit - additional thought: And truthfully the ingredients you did not use in level 7 recipe were sold individually making your profit equal 70,680 for using the Level 7 bakery on one batch of fruit cakes.

I would say it is all camelsnot. I make cherries and apples not peaches as the profit for those is too low. So if you make cherries and apples you make way more and should calculate that as a loss to the recipe when you make peaches instead, just because it is needed in the recipe.
    edited 13.04.2014
    So where is my 10.000 goat food, i had before the change? Now i have 0 food... Was it so hard to just swap it? old food for new food? And very sad to say, whats the differance between main and gourmet farm now? Both Silo, Both mill, both composter?

It is extremely hard to swap something like that in computer games - it is just not one item for another it is completely different data for a lot of different data.

As for the duplication between farms, every item is different in the amount of produce it takes and the amount of time it takes to make. They are giving us options to use in a time management game allowing us to manage our time better so far I am enjoying the benefits off all the silos and composters. I usually have all four going. And the mills are needed to make different foods for different animals.
  • snookie1097snookie1097 Posts: 1
    edited 13.04.2014
    plassled help me
  • amaprincess1 (US1)amaprincess1 (US1) Posts: 636
    edited 13.04.2014
    What's the problem, snookie? Looks like you starting right. I'd add a cheap deco or two while you have space for it then add an apple orchard as soon you can. Keep your happiness up (with decorations) and keep running wildflowers in your field and apples in your orchard. You will eventually stockpile enough cash to make better progress on your farm overall.
    edited 14.04.2014
    In the update for Monday on the official announcements - it is announced that they will be fixing the prices. The one that also talks about the mission revamp.

Ok, it's been "monday" for awhile now. Any word on what the new date for blunder fixes will be?
  • Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    edited 14.04.2014
    Artmaker wrote: »
    Ok, it's been "monday" for awhile now. Any word on what the new date for blunder fixes will be?
    latten states they have done a hot fix and fixed them all... although the refresh button is still not working for the projects
    edited 14.04.2014
    Ahhh my water wheel started turning. Does that mean I can now sell some of the bakery stuff I stockpiled? And not take a loss?

Guessing so. Got some pie cooking. We'll see.
  • jaystarr2jaystarr2 Posts: 1,657
    edited 14.04.2014
    So... has the costing fix been implemented on the bakery? I've not heard anything about the price adjustments actually happening (as opposed to lots about it happening soon).
    edited 14.04.2014
    jaystarr2 wrote: »
    So... has the costing fix been implemented on the bakery? I've not heard anything about the price adjustments actually happening (as opposed to lots about it happening soon).

Went into effect today :)
  • jaystarr2jaystarr2 Posts: 1,657
    edited 15.04.2014
    Yay! Now I'll actually use the bakery, if that's been confirmed. I think I got confused by too many Mondays :)
  • UmBitty (US1)UmBitty (US1) US1 Posts: 10
    edited 16.04.2014
    I think it will be worth it in the long run if you run the other numbers. Let's take the fruit cake recipe. (These numbers are based off of my co-ops completed research so your numbers may be different).

Level 1 Recipe
    1600 Milk @ 31 Farm Dollars = 49,600
    600 Peaches @ 100 Farm Dollars = 60,000
    700 Cherries @ 180 Farm Dollars = 126,000
    Profit of Selling all ingredients separately = 235,600

Level 7 Recipe -
    1360 Milk @ 31 Farm Dollars = 42,160
    510 Peaches @ 100 Farm Dollars = 51,000
    595 Cherries @ 180 Farm Dollars = 107,100
    Profit of Selling all ingredients separately = 200,260

Profit from batch of fruit cakes (with new bakery amounts coming Monday) -
    400 Fruit Cakes @ 680 Farm Dollars = 272,000
    Profit from Level 1 Bakery = 36,400
    Profit from Level 7 Bakery = 71,740

Yes, that is only an increase of 35,340 but run the recipe 10 times and you show an increase profit of 353,400. And this is without any research done on the gourmet farm so it is just going to improve as my co-op does more research.

I realize that I did not add in running cost but regardless of which level I run the running cost is going to be identical so the ratio of profit will stay the same between the two buildings.

Edit - additional thought: And truthfully the ingredients you did not use in level 7 recipe were sold individually making your profit equal 70,680 for using the Level 7 bakery on one batch of fruit cakes.

Where is the break even point? With the difference between a level 1 & level 7 bakery so slim, it would be good to know what level the bakery has to be (with full research on the main farm only?), for it to even turn a profit.

It is bizarre to me that the developers would have made anything manufactured in the bakery less profitable that selling the ingredients, but if it is only about 7.5% profit with an architect level bakery, I can't imagine how this would benefit any but a small number of game players. Is there really only a $35k profit from selling a level 7 bakery good over selling the raw ingredients? If so, this is an astoundingly poor recalculation on the part of the developers.

It would make the investment of upgrading and using the bakery such a low priority compared to almost anything else on any of the farms, wouldn't it? I mean, a person can earn $29K just selling one level 6 apple orchard with full research on apples.

Why would any level 3, 4, 5 bakery owner even bother wondering where the break-even point was for recipes?

And if there are still things that could be leveled up other than the bakery, what would be the incentive to make this anything other than a low priority? I sure appreciate your data, but am now feeling like a dork for having just clicked to level my bakery up to level 4, when I could have better spent that time/resources to do something on my main or flower farm.

I keep wanting the new GF to be great, or at least good. Someone please tell me how it is good at mid-level on production, orchards, fields, etc. The fertilizer is a definite positive, and overnight eggs can be good. What else is good at mid-levels?
  • JunaidGamerPlayJunaidGamerPlay Posts: 4
    edited 16.04.2014
    When I'm using humus on barley, I still receive the same amount that I get without using humus. Lost many humus like that.
  • f2nf2n Posts: 5
    edited 16.04.2014
    UmBitty2 wrote: »
    Someone please tell me how it is good at mid-level on production, orchards, fields, etc.

It is not.
  • montuosmontuos Posts: 1,275
    edited 16.04.2014
    UmBitty2 wrote: »
    Where is the break even point?

There are a couple of spreadsheets published here and here that will help you evaluate your profits. I haven't actually looked at the second one yet, but the first one includes your sell-instead profits so you can compare them directly with your bakery profits.
  • WinnerSarah64WinnerSarah64 Posts: 1
    edited 18.04.2014
    I am level 29 on main farm and also have my gourmet farm growing! When will the bakery and the restaurant farm that you are speaking of become available to me?
    edited 18.04.2014
    I am level 29 on main farm and also have my gourmet farm growing! When will the bakery and the restaurant farm that you are speaking of become available to me?

the bakery is the gourmet farm . . . there is no longer a restaurant.
  • MrsSGBrownUserMrsSGBrownUser Posts: 84
    edited 20.04.2014
    It is bizarre to me that the developers would have made anything manufactured in the bakery less profitable that selling the ingredients, but if it is only about 7.5% profit with an architect level bakery, I can't imagine how this would benefit any but a small number of game players. Is there really only a $35k profit from selling a level 7 bakery good over selling the raw ingredients? If so, this is an astoundingly poor recalculation on the part of the developers.

It would make the investment of upgrading and using the bakery such a low priority compared to almost anything else on any of the farms, wouldn't it? I mean, a person can earn $29K just selling one level 6 apple orchard with full research on apples.

Why would any level 3, 4, 5 bakery owner even bother wondering where the break-even point was for recipes?

And if there are still things that could be leveled up other than the bakery, what would be the incentive to make this anything other than a low priority? I sure appreciate your data, but am now feeling like a dork for having just clicked to level my bakery up to level 4, when I could have better spent that time/resources to do something on my main or flower farm.

I keep wanting the new GF to be great, or at least good. Someone please tell me how it is good at mid-level on production, orchards, fields, etc. The fertilizer is a definite positive, and overnight eggs can be good. What else is good at mid-levels?[/QUOTE]

It is also bizarre to me that no one has noticed that the first recipe picked by GGS to do is 1] with ingredients that have had no research done on them yet ie peaches and that peaches will probably not be available to be researched for a long, long time. 2] The most labor- and time-intensive recipe to do. With only one cherry orchard at level 4 and one peach orchard at level 2 they would both have to be fertilized 3 times to produced enough fruit for the recipe, that also means you need to make 18 bags of fertilizer. Even if you catch the cycle right on time it will take you minimum a day and a half to get the fruit and collect all that fertilizer all for a $60,000 payout? You can make that much in 2 1/2 hours in the Flower Farm why would anyone bother....

Personally I did not upgrade anything including bakery past level 2, I saw no point in spending money I could get no return on until research past level 1 or 2 was done.

Added note: the only bright spots I can say for our co-op we've got almonds researched to level 2 and a level 2 orchard actually pays not bad just as a cash crop and also the duck eggs help replace all the chicken eggs we lost well some of them anyway. So if you want to invest in something for the meantime I would recommend those. Since the other ingredients on the Gourmet Farm are so cheap they are not worth selling there is a 10,000 unit reserve in the bakery for them for now so those who don't want to take a loss and bake now, save all that stuff and wait till your research is done, sometime in the next 6 months.
  • Lanette (GB1)Lanette (GB1) Posts: 17
    edited 20.04.2014

I keep wanting the new GF to be great, or at least good. Someone please tell me how it is good at mid-level on production, orchards, fields, etc. The fertilizer is a definite positive, and overnight eggs can be good. What else is good at mid-levels?

It is also bizarre to me that no one has noticed that the first recipe picked by GGS to do is 1] with ingredients that have had no research done on them yet ie peaches and that peaches will probably not be available to be researched for a long, long time. 2] The most labor- and time-intensive recipe to do. With only one cherry orchard at level 4 and one peach orchard at level 2 they would both have to be fertilized 3 times to produced enough fruit for the recipe, that also means you need to make 18 bags of fertilizer. Even if you catch the cycle right on time it will take you minimum a day and a half to get the fruit and collect all that fertilizer all for a $60,000 payout? You can make that much in 2 1/2 hours in the Flower Farm why would anyone bother....

Personally I did not upgrade anything including bakery past level 2, I saw no point in spending money I could get no return on until research past level 1 or 2 was done.

Added note: the only bright spots I can say for our co-op we've got almonds researched to level 2 and a level 2 orchard actually pays not bad just as a cash crop and also the duck eggs help replace all the chicken eggs we lost well some of them anyway. So if you want to invest in something for the meantime I would recommend those. Since the other ingredients on the Gourmet Farm are so cheap they are not worth selling there is a 10,000 unit reserve in the bakery for them for now so those who don't want to take a loss and bake now, save all that stuff and wait till your research is done, sometime in the next 6 months.

Well said... Thank you.. ^^
  • GenuineJodiGenuineJodi Posts: 20
    edited 20.04.2014
    How many millions of dollars did you shove into your max apples research just to increase the sell price by $2?
    Did you calculate how long it would take for return on THAT investment and compare it to the bakery?

Lets' compare apples to apples here. (No pun intended)
  • Gyjoh31 (US1)Gyjoh31 (US1) US1 Posts: 28
    edited 21.04.2014
    When I'm using humus on barley, I still receive the same amount that I get without using humus. Lost many humus like that.

I am having the same trouble with my humus, so are other people in my co-op. Can some-one please tell me what the problem is. Is it a bug? If so when will it be fixed?

Thanks
  • montuosmontuos Posts: 1,275
    edited 21.04.2014
    Gyjoh31 wrote: »
    I am having the same trouble with my humus, so are other people in my co-op. Can some-one please tell me what the problem is. Is it a bug? If so when will it be fixed?

This is a display issue only. When you apply humus, it displays the normal amount when you hover over it, but you do get the correct amount when you harvest. You can verify that humus has been applied by clicking the field, and humus will be greyed out. Check your farm management before and after harvesting, and you will see that you have collected the correct amounts.

And yes, GGS are aware of the bug, but no date has been announced for a fix.
  • Gyjoh31 (US1)Gyjoh31 (US1) US1 Posts: 28
    edited 21.04.2014
    thanks montuos , explained beautifully and I passed on that info to my other co-op members, who are very pleased that they are reaping the benefits of humus!
  • Kate151Kate151 Posts: 66
    edited 22.04.2014
    When will I be getting my ducks back??

I have 3 level 5 duck coops at the moment and not a single duck in sight.

It's been more than a week.

K
    edited 22.04.2014
    Germany had a work holiday today so no one was in the office and there has been no official word if we will have an update (which is when they patch these glitches) this week.
  • Kate151Kate151 Posts: 66
    edited 22.04.2014
    @Georgenollie Thanks, I'm in Australia so was hoping to be first in the queue with a question when they get into the office Tuesday morning.

I thought there had already been an update since the ducks vanished and was surprised they didn't come back.
    edited 22.04.2014
    Well, on the bright side, when you get to level 6, the duckies are back and there are a lot of duckies . . . mommies and babies. :)
Sign In to comment.