Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Daytime / Nighttime - - plus new decoration

Mtn_MonkeyMtn_Monkey Posts: 10
As if you don't have anything else to do... I know. But, good games add new features and great games listen, consider, and add lots of new features. :)

Right now, our farms are under 24hrs of daylight. What if we had 12hrs of day and 12hrs of night (we set our desired "time zone"). This would allow us to see our farms in different light - literally & figuratively. The homes, facilities, and barns can light up. Workers can carry lanterns as they wander about.

Decorations with light features will be more intriguing & desired. Also, add a new decoration called "String of Lights" 5x1 or 4x1. It would add new enhancement to various parts of the farm during the nighttime and be highly sought after for all those pesky spaces we give up to our layouts.

You don't have to create a dawn or dusk, just check at the point of login what cycle the farm is to be in and make it day or night. If you're logged in over the cycle point, it won't change until the next login. This should make part of the process easier to create.

And if you really liked the concept, you can really build in a lot of other features, special events, and/or missions... collect earthworms, use earthworms to enhance humus like we use humus to enhance our gardens, collect fireflies, celebrate eclipses like we do holidays, add new aspects to the alien event, werewolf event (make offerings, collect wolfs bane, build a trap through collection items & small amts of inventory items), and on and on and on...

This sort of enhancement would give a fresh appeal to those who have large farms and wanning interest.

Just a thought. Comment along....

Mtn_Mky
Post edited by Mtn_Monkey on

Comments

• DeAnna777 (US1)DeAnna777 (US1) Posts: 148
    edited 16.04.2014
    Oh wow this would be soo cool!!!
  • chicaachicaa Posts: 437
    edited 16.04.2014
    I think this is a fantastic idea Mtn_Monkey!! I'm all for it!! Thanks for suggesting it!! ;)
  • Adrienne_chilisAdrienne_chilis Posts: 141
    edited 17.04.2014
    Great idea. Love it! Especially tying in the alien event and creating wearwolf event, firflies, earth worms. It's all wonderful and well thought out. love it Monkey. I hope we get to see it happen!
  • TreyDog (US1)TreyDog (US1) Posts: 1
    edited 17.04.2014
    This is a cool and well thought out idea. We all could use the small decorations (1 x 2, 2 x 2, etc.) to fill in those empty spaces on our farms. I really like this idea. Awesome idea Mtn_Monkey!
  • Angelique423Angelique423 Posts: 1
    edited 17.04.2014
    Fabulous ideas, Mtn_Monkey!! Sounds like goodgames is missing a staff member!! They should totally hire you!
  • Mtn_MonkeyMtn_Monkey Posts: 10
    edited 17.04.2014
    I'm totally for hire... ;)

How about it GG - ya wanna a man of the people on staff?
  • Tanya282Tanya282 Posts: 9
    edited 17.04.2014
    Fantastic idea Mtn_Monkey
    I have another idea:
    The school children are have a camp out and lost their tent poles or sleeping bags...collect items from production buildings (tent poles or sleeping bags)
    They need to make fire pits...collect wood from fields
    They want to roast mash mellows over the fire...collect mash mellows from animal stables
    They want a sing along around fire...collect sheet music from fields.

The reward could be a duke box deco 2x2 or 3x2 plus experience points.

This event could be done for either night or day, but it would be nice to see zzzzzz's floating, fire burning and musical notes floating around the event area.
  • Latten (DE1)Latten (DE1) Posts: 6,246
    edited 17.04.2014
    Heh, that's actually something I personally wanted in the game from the beginning :D Sadly, I'm not a great programmer so there's that. I know though that this is a thing we discuss from time to time, so after all the 'core' things of the game are done and we have some time on our hands for fluff and extras, this isn't completely impossible :)

We'll see, I guess. Just don't expect it in the next few months ^^
  • SilverWolf72SilverWolf72 Posts: 10
    edited 17.04.2014
    Oooh, I like this idea!

Let's hope something like this comes up in the future :)
  • Hedghogplop2Hedghogplop2 Posts: 18
    edited 17.04.2014
    This is an exciting idea! The only obstacle it made me think of is that, if the day/night cycle is concurrent with a player's timezone and real-time day/night cycle, there are players (like myself) that would end up only being able to play during primarily night or primarily day. Depends on when they can usually log in to play around work, school, daily obligations, etc. Perhaps a shortened day/night cycle, one that cycles every 6 or 8 hours, could equalize this and let everyone experience the full effect?
  • rie222rie222 Posts: 1,074
    edited 17.04.2014
    Like the idea. HOpe they implement it!
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 17.04.2014
    I also love this idea! And when your farm is in nightime mode, it would be amazing to have the audio change as well. You would have crickets chirping, bullfrogs croaking, and the hoot of an owl! I've seen an owl in the game, but I've yet to hear it's call. How magical! :)
  • AphasiaAphasia Posts: 223
    edited 18.04.2014
    Instead of a cycle, it could just be an option in the settings like having animations on or off is.
  • TonyPlayer2 (AU1)TonyPlayer2 (AU1) Posts: 48
    edited 18.04.2014
    Wahoo. Hope you got your ears on GGS. This is one of the best ideas I have seen on forum yet

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file