Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update - April 14th - Mission rework - Discussion

Comments

• redpuppy2redpuppy2 Posts: 8
    edited 16.04.2014
    Where does the money I win in missions go now? It's not showing up in my bank...
  • rhon (GB1)rhon (GB1) Guest, GB1 Posts: 1,542
    edited 16.04.2014
    redpuppy2 wrote: »
    Where does the money I win in missions go now? It's not showing up in my bank...
    You no longer win dollars and XP, but certificates and RP only
  • Lanette (GB1)Lanette (GB1) Posts: 17
    edited 16.04.2014
    I was a computer programmer for many years and well-written code should have modules that work fine on their own, and a change to a another module should not directly effect it.

For instance, the code that calculates and displays the effects of humus on a field - it must have been tampered with to create that bug because it has nothing to do with missions or the bakery. I'm beginning to think there's a mole GGS, deliberately sabotaging the code just before the update.

As regards to the butterfly effect, I completely reject that theory. IMO, the butterfly effect is a complete over the top exaggeration of what would happen. Go back in time and kill a butterfly, the main effect will be one less butterfly, nothing of any significance.

Yep... Tampered with..deliberately sabotaging the code.. Sadly, it is not so far fetched a thought, as some might think.. :(
  • snork (INT1)snork (INT1) Posts: 518
    edited 17.04.2014
    snork2 wrote: »
    Having pretty much played those **** missions since they were introduced, I can confirm my hunch: they only give me tasks I cannot readily fullfill. The one time I have flowers and finally gave up on having all my stys and coops at the ready, it gave me dung which I no longer had. Otherwise it was always flowers when I had planted cabbage, and eggs against factory farms. The searches for missions took longer and longer the more prepared I was! Just because we're paranoid doesn't mean the game isn't rigged, as all the house's tables have to be

Really not funny anymore: to support a coop mission, I'm growing wheat. In six hours I have got nothing but corn missions. 12 corn missions in a row that I naturally keep failing. The house has to let us believe in the odds, or we will stop playing.
  • RubyfarmerRubyfarmer Posts: 90
    edited 17.04.2014
    I'm beginning to think there's a mole GGS, deliberately sabotaging the code just before the update.

been thinking the exact same thing!!
  • kbahr007 (US1)kbahr007 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,841
    edited 17.04.2014
    Delete post
  • GeorgenollieUseGeorgenollieUse Posts: 1,801
    edited 17.04.2014
    I just lucked out . . . came back into the game and my five fields of special seed corn was ready for harvesting - decided to pick a mission and the corn mission actually came up. Still going to be 2nd since someone has 6000+ corn harvested so far.

That's life, though.
  • CM NafaruCM Nafaru Posts: 1,325
    edited 18.04.2014
    PCA wrote: »
    Latten / Nafaru,
    was any change made to the drop rate of collection items in main farm during this last update / or during the last few updates ?
    And in particular, was the amount of collection items that we should get from chicken coops in the main farm cut drastically ?

No changes were made in regards to the drop chances of collectibles, PCA, they should still be the same.
    Might be just a random streak of bad luck. :)
    x0ambylou wrote: »
    what will the certificate currency be used for? does anyone know? :-)

In case you haven't seen it yet, there is a picture up on Facebook, showing the building this new currency will be used for.
    As stated in the official announcement, this building will provide new permanent boosters. :)
  • Latten (DE1)Latten (DE1) Posts: 6,246
    edited 18.04.2014
    jaystarr2 wrote: »
    I've done a bunch of wildflower and egg missions, no dung or corn. :/

Anyway, here's a question: You know how there's the button after you finish a mission that lets you search for another mission and then you get a bonus? If you close that window but then search for a mission still within the time that the bonus is effective, do you still get the bonus?

Yeah, the bonus is still active, even if not shown at the moment :) The Bonus display will hopefully be back soon!
  • Griffith (INT1)Griffith (INT1) Posts: 768
    edited 18.04.2014
    when's next update (garage)? no announcement yet :p
  • K5Rakitan (GB1)K5Rakitan (GB1) Posts: 104
    edited 19.04.2014
    I wanna know what the garage does!
    *stomps feet impatiently*
  • SpeedyDog10SpeedyDog10 Posts: 258
    edited 19.04.2014
    0live wrote: »
    Yep... Tampered with..deliberately sabotaging the code.. Sadly, it is not so far fetched a thought, as some might think.. :(

Interesting, but I highly doubt the sabotage code theory.
  • Irish30 (US1)Irish30 (US1) Posts: 264
    edited 19.04.2014
    Sometimes I have to smile at the random remarks I see and hear. As some players stated multi missions of corn are common and in the main farm it's not unusual to get runs of tasks back to back with money tasks in between if you sell or buy to clear them. So to me the random excuse seem very weak at best...and bad luck seems even a worst excuse. But will let the players decide what to believe. Be safe and kind to each other....
  • keith 02keith 02 Posts: 10
    edited 19.04.2014
    Hi
    I don't understand the reputation points to well with the -10% per week. I see, i don't need them to start a mission, i will never be the top rank player because i don't use gold on them. So the question is are they just for gold users? Or Is there an other reason for them?
    Thanks
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    edited 19.04.2014
    Some players are all about rankings in missions whether it be weekly or overall so I guess the reputation points are all about bragging rights. There are a few players on my server that go to extreme lengths spending obscene amounts of gold just to see their names in the top 3. The -10% reputation point loss per week is supposed to keep rankings current, or at least thats the reason given by GGS.
  • keith 02keith 02 Posts: 10
    edited 19.04.2014
    OK Thanks I'll just wait to see what the certificates are going to be like. Soon I hope! I have done 4 mission and got 27 certificates "I hope". Would you happen to know when they will let us know?
  • jaystarr2jaystarr2 Posts: 1,657
    edited 19.04.2014
    Latten wrote: »
    Yeah, the bonus is still active, even if not shown at the moment :) The Bonus display will hopefully be back soon!

Cool, sometimes when I'm done with a mission I don't see the timer at all, I just get -:-- . Is the bonus still in effect then?
  • rhon (GB1)rhon (GB1) Guest, GB1 Posts: 1,542
    edited 19.04.2014
    jaystarr2 wrote: »
    Cool, sometimes when I'm done with a mission I don't see the timer at all, I just get -:-- . Is the bonus still in effect then?
    According to Latten yes, we are still getting the bonus even when the display messes up
  • rimbouser5rimbouser5 Posts: 1
    edited 19.04.2014
    I do not like the new missions as much as the old ones. I mean that I am always getting a mission for wildflowers or corn when I have just planted cabbage or wheat. I would like to be able to opt out if the mission offered isn't going to work for me or it looks like I have no interest in participating. This is very frustrating for me because I have to wait for the mission to end to attempt to get a more appropriate one. And I had enjoyed the money that went along with them as well.
  • kathynichols (US1)kathynichols (US1) US1 Posts: 8
    edited 19.04.2014
    I will not be doing missions anymore!!!! I used to do at least 1 a week but not now; no level matching-how is that fair to everyone???? if my reputation points stands at 0 it doesn't affect anything so its no skin off my nose; all this is about is getting individuals to buy gold so that they can keep their worthless reputation points up. Your ruining the game with this kind of uneven hand at changes and I just might have to go and spend my money elsewhere.
  • CS ChadCS Chad Posts: 26
    edited 20.04.2014
    It is true that level matching is not that good in the new missions. But restricting the types of missions to only 4.. I think they want players to develop new strategies... rather than planning for a particular type of mission which most of us used to do before.
    New missions also tempt the players to buy fertile fields and corn & chicken handbooks.
    The new missions may not be as "easy" as the old ones but they have made the game much more interesting.. :)
  • John NurreJohn Nurre Posts: 1
    edited 20.04.2014
    I agree this came is beginning to suck.
  • snork (INT1)snork (INT1) Posts: 518
    edited 20.04.2014
    Originally Posted by snork2
    Having pretty much played those **** missions since they were introduced, I can confirm my hunch: they only give me tasks I cannot readily fullfill. The one time I have flowers and finally gave up on having all my stys and coops at the ready, it gave me dung which I no longer had. Otherwise it was always flowers when I had planted cabbage, and eggs against factory farms. The searches for missions took longer and longer the more prepared I was! Just because we're paranoid doesn't mean the game isn't rigged, as all the house's tables have to be

snork2 wrote: »
    Really not funny anymore: to support a coop mission, I'm growing wheat. In six hours I have got nothing but corn missions. 12 corn missions in a row that I naturally keep failing. The house has to let us believe in the odds, or we will stop playing.

And finally: I must stop this. I belatedly noticed that I might not be making any profit anymorebecause I keep my stys and coops unharvested to wait and see what the next mission might be, because surely I must get a fitting one once ... I have no earnings from harvests but 200.000 certificates I might never use o.0 mea culpa, but I really need to stop now.
  • McFeisty (US1)McFeisty (US1) US1 Posts: 110
    edited 20.04.2014
    Ugh, you cannot choose what mission you want to do? And then you cannot quit the mission if it is something like 'collect flowers' when your barn is already overstuffed? You just have to wait for time to run out, and then get criticized for not doing well during the mission? I hate this! Horrible mission rework!
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    edited 21.04.2014
    CS Chad wrote: »
    It is true that level matching is not that good in the new missions. But restricting the types of missions to only 4.. I think they want players to develop new strategies... rather than planning for a particular type of mission which most of us used to do before.
    New missions also tempt the players to buy fertile fields and corn & chicken handbooks.
    The new missions may not be as "easy" as the old ones but they have made the game much more interesting.. :)

What possible strategy could you possibly come up with other than gold spending/skipping? In dung missions a lot of players (me included) will leave their stys and stables ready to collect for hours on end then use it if you're lucky enough to be in a dung mish. Moments later its common to be put in another dung mission just after all stables have been used...now what?

You could try special seeds but again mission time is only 30 minutes so unless you have corn/wildflower seeds close to or even ready for collect when mission begins you wont be able to use them either unless you skip with gold. It seems GGS are pushing players to use 1 strategy and 1 strategy only......gold skipping. Its bad enough having 3+ "gold offer/buy gold" popups appear every time I log in, now they have ruined missions too.
  • CM NafaruCM Nafaru Posts: 1,325
    edited 21.04.2014
    McFeisty wrote: »
    You just have to wait for time to run out, and then get criticized for not doing well during the mission? I hate this! Horrible mission rework!

McFeisty,

no one, not even the game is going to criticize you for not doing well during a mission, unless you find that assigning a rank in accordance to ones result in a mission is criticism. :)

Don't forget, you will always get a reward if you manage to squeeze in at least a tiny amount of harvests of the good the mission asks you to collect. :D
  • AwesomerowendAwesomerowend Posts: 25
    edited 21.04.2014
    Nafaru wrote: »
    McFeisty,

no one, not even the game is going to criticize you for not doing well during a mission, unless you find that assigning a rank in accordance to ones result in a mission is criticism. :)

Don't forget, you will always get a reward if you manage to squeeze in at least a tiny amount of harvests of the good the mission asks you to collect. :D

Sorry - I beg to differ. The games does criticise you if you do not manage a single harvest. And it is extremely difficult to plant and harvest anything in 30 minutes if your cabbage is still 38 mins from harvest.
  • SirGeorge (US1)SirGeorge (US1) Posts: 354
    edited 21.04.2014
    Nafaru wrote: »

At this point in time, we will have to take your word for it since we still do not know how the certificates will be used or how much value they have.

A reward is a thing given in recognition of one's service, effort, or achievement so if 5 certificates can't buy you anything then it's not much of a reward. It's like receiving a penny for 30 minutes of work.
  • edited 21.04.2014
    gizmo222 wrote: »
    What possible strategy could you possibly come up with other than gold spending/skipping? In dung missions a lot of players (me included) will leave their stys and stables ready to collect for hours on end then use it if you're lucky enough to be in a dung mish. Moments later its common to be put in another dung mission just after all stables have been used...now what?

You could try special seeds but again mission time is only 30 minutes so unless you have corn/wildflower seeds close to or even ready for collect when mission begins you wont be able to use them either unless you skip with gold. It seems GGS are pushing players to use 1 strategy and 1 strategy only......gold skipping. Its bad enough having 3+ "gold offer/buy gold" popups appear every time I log in, now they have ruined missions too.

I like that missions are available at will and are only 30 min but they HAVE TO BE SELECTABLE so players can PREPARE! Otherwise, only those with gold will ever win! NOT FAIR!!!
  • nannsi (SKN1)nannsi (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 325
    edited 21.04.2014
    you can prepare for missions - sow half your fields with special corn and half with special flower and do it so most of your stys are ready to harvest - then you have a chance to win.

But is is more fun to continue with another mission afterwards where you cannot prepare anything in those 5 minutes it may take to find a mission.

I do believe that missions over some weeks will be real fair and fun - even if you do not use gold in missions.
Sign In to comment.