Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Assigning Free Workers

Ello!!
Got a set of new level missions after server restarted few mins before.
The missions ask for 'Assign 1 free worker" HOW DO WE DO THAT?

Sindhu
Post edited by Sindhu (GB1) on

Comments

• september. (US1)september. (US1) Posts: 72
    edited 16.04.2014
    Sindhu wrote: »
    Ello!!
    Got a set of new level missions after server restarted few mins before.
    The missions ask for 'Assign 1 free worker" HOW DO WE DO THAT?

Sindhu

you mean tasks and not missions.

my coop member, kalon, has creatively suggested that we remove decos to make space, build a red house and a chicken coop (or sth), assign workers to it and tear them down both.

the assignment of workers to any building solves the problem
  • Sindhu (GB1)Sindhu (GB1) Posts: 14
    edited 16.04.2014
    ohh!!
    yeah,i ment "tasks"
    but there came many lol, like assign for coop,pigsty,cowshed,etc
    so, should i build 1 of each and then demolish them?
    edited 16.04.2014
    no you don't have to. assigning workers once will complete all the tasks
    edited 16.04.2014
    cool, hold on, lemee try that O.o
    edited 16.04.2014
    Yes,it worked, coool
    BUILD 1 CHICKEN COOP LEVEL-1 AND ASSIGN WORKERS TO IT> ALL THE NEW TASKS GET COMPLETED>THEN DEMOLISH IT AND GET BACK YOUR WORKERS
  • DeAnna777 (US1)DeAnna777 (US1) Posts: 148
    edited 16.04.2014
    See the technical problems and bugs thread Sindhu. Here you will find information on what is going on with this issue.
    edited 16.04.2014
    Sindhu wrote: »
    Yes,it worked, coool
    BUILD 1 CHICKEN COOP LEVEL-1 AND ASSIGN WORKERS TO IT> ALL THE NEW TASKS GET COMPLETED>THEN DEMOLISH IT AND GET BACK YOUR WORKERS

glad to help^^
    edited 16.04.2014
    cool, september \o/
  • kennetha3kennetha3 Posts: 57
    edited 16.04.2014
    I have already done all these tasks so why do i need additional workers for something i have already accomplished
  • dSign (SKN1)dSign (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 9
    edited 16.04.2014
    Farm was fulll, so deleted 1 chicked coop, build it again, assign workers and collected all exp at once.
  • GeorgenollieUseGeorgenollieUse Posts: 1,801
    edited 16.04.2014
    dSign wrote: »
    Farm was fulll, so deleted 1 chicked coop, build it again, assign workers and collected all exp at once.

Or if you don't want to delete any buildings - just store some decorations to make room to build a coop - assign workers - destroy coop - replace decorations . . . tasks are all finished and you are back to where you were this morning just with more XP. And if you need workers - store a couple more decorations and build a house - tear down house after coop has been demolished. Replace decorations.
  • Wicked24Wicked24 Posts: 36
    edited 16.04.2014
    i have 7 quests that cannot be completed because of the assigned workers, cowshed is already architect lvl, all my chicken coops are lvl 6, i have 3 apple orchards lvl 6 my cherry orchard is also lvl 6 my windmill is architect lvl, and my composter is already lvl 4. need the promised money and exp
    edited 16.04.2014
    ok, apparently when my composter on the gourmet farm is complete, i can just store some decos on the main farm, build a house assign workers and everything will be fine... pls confirm, will be checking this post often today. does it have to be a chicken coop? can it be just a simple house?
  • enochnock (US1)enochnock (US1) Posts: 878
    edited 16.04.2014
    Still doesn't make any sense that I have to store things build an extra house due to not enough workers and build a chicken coop to finish something that I have already done. That is a waste if time/money that I could be using to do other things.

The good thing is that a player/farmer has found a solution to something that is supposed to correct a problem that shouldn't be a problem. There are players/farmers who are in the middle of long upgrades that will have to wait hours for this issue to be resolved.

Yet here we go again more bugs/issues on top of the issues from past weeks/months that still have not been fixed/addressed and now we need to solve technical issues with the game.

I would like to ask that since we are getting in to the habit of getting those pop-ups, could you start doing pop-ups when there are know bugs/issues and when you are going to shut the game down for the server maintenance/upgrades/hot patches/fixes?
    edited 16.04.2014
    enochnock wrote: »
    Still doesn't make any sense that I have to store things build an extra house due to not enough workers and build a chicken coop to finish something that I have already done. That is a waste if time/money that I could be using to do other things.

The good thing is that a player/farmer has found a solution to something that is supposed to correct a problem that shouldn't be a problem. There are players/farmers who are in the middle of long upgrades that will have to wait hours for this issue to be resolved.

Yet here we go again more bugs/issues on top of the issues from past weeks/months that still have not been fixed/addressed and now we need to solve technical issues with the game.

I would like to ask that since we are getting in to the habit of getting those pop-ups, could you start doing pop-ups when there are know bugs/issues and when you are going to shut the game down for the server maintenance/upgrades/hot patches/fixes?

If you don't want to waste the money - Latten says they are removing that requirement in the next update which will probably be next week sometime. :) I felt that the experience points earned was worth 12 minutes of my time and $750 farm dollars. Now I only need 92 more XP to get to level 82 . . . definitely hitting it sometime today.
    Wicked24 wrote: »
    ok, apparently when my composter on the gourmet farm is complete, i can just store some decos on the main farm, build a house assign workers and everything will be fine... pls confirm, will be checking this post often today. does it have to be a chicken coop? can it be just a simple house?

You don't have to build the house if you have enough free workers - the coop or garden is what needs to be built so you can assign the workers. You need to build the house and the garden or coop if you don't have enough workers free to assign. I chose coop because it is smaller and needed only a 5 x 5 decoration stored.
    edited 16.04.2014
    wow, confused, the way i was seeing this is i store decos, build a new house, assign workers to that house, the glitch is fixed, i get all the xps from the quest (all 7 of them) then i demolish the house and replace my decos. pls tell me that is how it is done.
    edited 16.04.2014
    can someone confirm that the way i stated above is the correct way.
    edited 16.04.2014
    houses are not assigned workers - houses are what you have to build if you need workers. You need to build a production building like chicken coop or field and assign workers to the building you built. When you demolish that building you free up workers.

First question you need to answer do you have enough workers currently free on your main farm? Chicken coop takes 5 workers.

If the answer is no, then you need to build a house. If the answer is yes, then you don't need to build a house.

If you need to build a house, you need to store two 5 x 5 decorations. Build the house, build the chicken coop, assign workers to the coop, THIS FINISHES ALL THE XP TASKS, demolish the coop, demolish the house, and replace the two decorations.

If you don't need to build a house, you need to store one 5 x 5 decoration, build the chicken coop, assign worker to the coop, THIS FINISHES ALL THE XP TASKS, demolish the coop, and replace the decoration.

:)
  • enochnock (US1)enochnock (US1) Posts: 878
    edited 16.04.2014
    Regardless it still a waste of time. It should not take a week to fix this, why should those players/farmers with limited space or money have to build and demo something to get the points that they have already earned? Whether its $750 or $3750 its still a step back and a GGS issue that they should address now rather than later, week later at that.

Thanks Georgenollie I saw his comment, your strategy on that is clear/good, but there are some players/farmers who at the moment won't be able to do this and for those that are at work; they will have to read through several pages to get to the solution/answer. That is if someone doesn't send them the info, like I have done so already for my coop members.

What a mess bugs after bugs...Terminix cleanup on GGS please.
  • edited 16.04.2014
    I have to agree with you. I paid all the money and gold to finish upgrades only to force to spend more money for something I already purchased. Perhaps they should give us back the money. I will need to buy another house and chicken coop I hope this works.
    edited 16.04.2014
    someone pls confirm...
    edited 16.04.2014
    Wicked24 wrote: »
    someone pls confirm...

I have confirmed - you have to build the coop - the house alone does not work. But you don't have to build the house if you have enough workers.
  • Wildcard999Wildcard999 Posts: 967
    edited 16.04.2014
    kennetha3 wrote: »
    I have already done all these tasks so why do i need additional workers for something i have already accomplished

Consider it free xp, Kennetha. They're revamping the tasks list, so the higher level players get to do some of them again, which gives them free stuff. It's a boon, not a requirement.
  • montuosmontuos Posts: 1,275
    edited 16.04.2014
    Wildcard, it's only a boon when the tasks are completed and go away. Unlike lower-level players who still have lots of level-dependent tasks, higher-level players don't get any new ones if they have 4 or more tasks in the bar.
    edited 16.04.2014
    Oh, I didn't realize that. But don't the tasks complete if you've passed the level? I mean, wouldn't a level 5 cow shed count for level 4 cow shed tasks?
  • rhon (GB1)rhon (GB1) Guest, GB1 Posts: 1,542
    edited 16.04.2014
    Oh, I didn't realize that. But don't the tasks complete if you've passed the level? I mean, wouldn't a level 5 cow shed count for level 4 cow shed tasks?
    That is the issue Wildcard. You are left with half the task - the byre or coop or whatever counts but the other half says Assign Workers isn't being ticked off as done without going though the hoops others have suggested, If you can't, or won't, build the extras to demolish you have no tasks to help with XP until the update which is next week or maybe even the week after
    edited 16.04.2014
    Yeah, I admit the assign workers part is annoying, but thankfully, I'm already in the middle of upgrading something. In less than an hour, I'm going to get five tasks done simultaneously.

The extra expense of building the coop and possibly a house if you need workers doesn't seem like much. I mean, could anyone possibly have NO decorations on their farm and actually make money?
    edited 16.04.2014
    Yes, actually, which is why people started building mass production factory farms in the first place, and many continued doing so even after the happiness update. You have to be high enough level to have a well-expanded farm and have everything upgraded to the max, and co-op research and farm boosters help too, but it does work even if the profits aren't quite so nice as they used to be.
    edited 17.04.2014
    I didn't realize you could. I had trouble the second my operating costs fell below +100.
    edited 17.04.2014
    Example: the apple orchard, your main farm's best money-maker. The base running cost is a little over $3000; at +500% that's about $15,000. That's negative cash flow for a level 1 orchard with 325 apples at $44 each for $14,300, and barely breaking even with a level 2 orchard, but a level 7 orchard gives 590 apples which sell for $25,960, giving a profit of $10,960 every 3 hours. A level 5 apple orchard handbook adds 60 more apples per orchard plus the "New variety of apple" co-op researches raising the selling price by up to 27% brings the profit above $20,000 per orchard. Now multiply that by 8 or 10 orchards instead of the usual 3 to 5, and you can see why some players find it worthwhile despite the running costs.

Basically, it's a strategy that simply does not work for lower level players — profits in general are too small to risk low happiness — but once you're well advanced you can get away with it, especially if you have a well-developed flower farm to help support the running costs. It's not a course I'd recommend to anyone who doesn't get their jollies from running numbers, either, because there can be quite lot to check up on before you can be sure you're not dropping back into a worse position.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file