Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Criticism towards how people are acting on the forum

13»

Comments

• Celissa9 (US1)Celissa9 (US1) Posts: 82
    edited 12.04.2014
    Nice post Mick. I agree with you 100%.
  • rie222rie222 Posts: 1,074
    edited 13.04.2014
    Well said Mick I agree with you. I spend on the game too. I love this game as well. The changes are kinda hard to swallow for me sometimes. I think we have a right to say something.
  • jewelzgirljewelzgirl Posts: 66
    edited 13.04.2014
    I agree with some of the post however sometimes the ppk that are complaining are paying customers who expect to get some satisfaction and fairness from the game and I do not feel they should have to leave the game ....thats basically telling ppl though they pay for a service they have no right to let their unsatisfactory be known ....ppl would not just put up with poor service from say a store or service they would demand their money back or even take it to court n i think ppl expressing their displeasure when it is true is not a bad thing ...however lets face for those rela players who play alot they see the same thing happen in all games a lack of respect for their clients n a disregard to those paying customers

even though i do agree with you about some complainers who are new etc and jus want freebies all time ...however also from my own personal experience as a serious gamer and a paying one or rather was .....I can afford and use to spend alot of money on games but because the games quality of services decline and they choose (game makers) choose not to fix the quality of service plus ingore customer dissatisfication then so does my money decline ...however that being said I do feel that ppl have a right to expect quality service if they are paying for it ....barely passing the grade n letting greed over ride quality isnt a good way to run a business in rl or online game or another type of service it jus bad business practices .....n lack of respect for customers ...they want our loyalty to a game to pay with real money then if they want that they should accept they need quality ...after all thats business ...cost effective while keeping quality and knowing how to keep customers satisified within reason but also keeping the integrity of quality ...think about bad businessn quality services in rl they get sued all the time ...aka a example or two .....a doctor who has poor service n messes up because they dont care get sued for malpractice n stuff .....a cowboy carpenter someone who claims quality but does a poor job can be sued because they didnt ofer the quality that is expected n promised ...weelllll same goes for gaming even there is still a business n still a customer who was promised good gaming n quality

good posty though sorry for any misspellign grammer n jumble lol im tired n i get messy when tired
  • RubyfarmerRubyfarmer Posts: 90
    edited 13.04.2014
    well said mick63!!
  • Hedghogplop2Hedghogplop2 Posts: 18
    edited 13.04.2014
    Summers3 wrote: »
    Firstly I do apologies for narrowing your quote a bit, I wanted to enlighten about the specific things that you were saying that what this whole thread is about.
    But thank you very much for not only seeing what I was trying to point out and also for the very well written post. We need more constructive discussions about the game that we all are here for.

Thanks Summers3 and no worries--my post was a long one, I'd narrow it down too! This topic has been in the back of my mind lately so I'm glad I was able to find a space to get my thoughts out and that they didn't end up a jumbled mess as written word.

My bet is that, once major updates are a little more spaced out for this year, folks (including myself, I'll admit) will feel less on the offensive about the hot-button issues and get a chance to dive into discussions about what really works, what really doesn't, and ways things can improve from their in-game experience instead of getting caught up in the emotional whirlwinds we see now. I hope so, anyway! I'm very eager to see how others are using the new Gourmet Farm functions successfully, etc.
  • Summers3Summers3 Posts: 103
    edited 13.04.2014
    Mick63 I'll say it again, I never said that if you complain you're automatically childish. What I was trying to point out was (which a lot of others do understood by the OP) the way that some people are complaining. The example you mentioned yourself by the cat (which I saw as well) is a brilliant example of what I was trying to point out. It's not a constructive complaint just a outraged angry comment.

Regarding the buying gold etc, yes if you are spending money whether it'd be a game or something in rl, and you're not satisfied of what you have purchased then it's a clear thing for me that you voice your opinion about it. (also said it in earlier posts) But if you keep making suggestions and they are realistic ones and the company/organisation is still going on in their own way without even considering what the players/costumers wants /requests, then isn't it then time to look a bit more objective and perhaps think: "OK, I have made plenty of realistic suggestions and I pay for this game/service but the company/store (whatever you want to think of) ignores the players/customer. Then perhaps I should take my money elsewhere where I feel I am appreciated
    edited 13.04.2014
    Summers3 If it were a one of purchase i.e. a loaf of bread or carton of milk yes your right If people were not happy with the product I'm sure they'd go elsewhere.... but when it's say a hobby i.e. a car, where weekly you poor money into the one thing build it up (like a co-op) then the mechanic ruins the engine... but unfortunately he's the only one in town you have to take it back with a list of complaints & hope he gets it right this time.... but if he doesn't you know your stuck with a really cool car you've spent loads of money on it but has a few issues which the mechanic has said too bad so sad your stuck with what you got!
    I know I'm not about to throw something away I've spent heaps of money building.... & just buy a new one! I'll keep it try to work something out talk to other people see if they've had the same issues & with any luck if people complain enough the mechanic will be replaced with a new one.
    and before you "clarify anything or tell me I don't understand... I do I just have my own opinion on this topic... :)
    edited 13.04.2014
    Rubyfarmer wrote: »
    and before you "clarify anything or tell me I don't understand... I do I just have my own opinion on this topic... :)
    Try to have it somewhat civilized. Yes you should have your own opinion, but the way you come off is trying to instigate and invoke a argument by trying to say before "I clarify". From my point of view you are coming off rude!

I do understand your comment, but as a customer/player, there has to be a limit of how much you should have to complain and hope that the company/store (etc..) will listen to you. Nobody wants to throw in the towel right away when they have put in effort in anything whether it'd be money or time. I am just saying that if nothing happens, how much is a person going to take before actually leaving.
    Of course it's up to each and everyone as a costumer.
  • Bweatherholt (US1)Bweatherholt (US1) Posts: 359
    edited 13.04.2014
    Summer sweetie, it seems from the beginning of this post you were trying to find something to bicker about. Do you spend money on this game? I do...I surely don't want to throw it away without giving people time to fix the issue that causes me concern. Im not a quitter. (ask my husband, i've quit smoking 4 times) Im not going to hang my head and leave before i try to resolve the issue.... Anyway i think you come off quite rude. Maybe if you re-read everything you wrote, you'd notice it to.
  • jaystarr2jaystarr2 Posts: 1,657
    edited 13.04.2014
    Try to have it somewhat civilized. Yes you should have your own opinion, but the way you come off is trying to instigate and invoke a argument by trying to say before "I clarify". From my point of view you are coming off rude!

Yeah, because that totally came off as constructive and not about individual people. ;)
  • Lanette (GB1)Lanette (GB1) Posts: 17
    edited 13.04.2014
    Little blind, brown nosed watch dogs barking. Sniffing and licking the Dragons bottom.. Thinking themselves safely hidden beneath his leathery protective tail, Are those first eaten when the dragon
    rises.. But warning them goes unheeded.. Because They think they are needed.. to protect him in his lair..
    ^^
    lol a Prairie Dog Parable
  • vapeevapee Posts: 6
    edited 13.04.2014
    This is great people complaining about people complaining (does this include yourself ).
  • SirGeorge (US1)SirGeorge (US1) Posts: 354
    edited 13.04.2014
    Four pages of a lot of words on the screen. I may print this thread out and spread it across my lawn and watch it grow.
    edited 13.04.2014
    SirGeorge wrote: »
    Four pages of a lot of words on the screen. I may print this thread out and spread it across my lawn and watch it grow.

lmao!!! please George it would make great fertalizer at this point!
    edited 14.04.2014
    Summers3 I apologise if you think I was attempting to invoke an argument..... that was certainly not my intention!
    you have a lovely day now
    (I'm off to do some gardening) ;)
    edited 14.04.2014
    Bweatherholt
    Just going to reqoute what Hedghogplop2 wrote then maybe you will see that the OP was not about "bickering"
    Because there is people who understood what the OP was about.
    Due to this, helpful information or constructive discussion about the things we don't (or do) like about the updates gets disjointed. Mods may have to spend time speaking more to the conduct of the thread than answering questions. It can feel that it's a waste of time to post a genuine, well-meaning critique or concern about some update specific because it often goes unanswered or simply gets buried by the louder voices on the more extreme ends of the "I love it, I hate it" spectrum.

But I think it's at least in spirit with the message Summers was originally trying to make. If that's the case, I agree with the sentiment--when I visit the forums I'm looking to add an opinion on the subject, find answers, or generally just see how players with different sensibilities than my own strategy are adapting their game-play successfully. It is sometimes unpleasant or frustrating to wade into a hot topic thread for these reasons and find anger, slander, conspiracy theories, repetitious condemnation of the game or "the other side's" stance. Not time well spent for anyone involved, I think, and can in some cases cause folks to lose out on great information, constructive ideas, or the confidence in personal feedback. It breaks up the feeling of what can be a great community with personalities I [and others] have come to appreciate as a part of whatever gaming style life we share in this space.

The point of the thread, or at least what I'd like to take away from it (or leave with it?), is that forum quality would improve if everyone consciously works to find balance between their pure emotional reactions and the reality of what input will have a constructive effect on the continuing discussion, and ultimately the game itself. It already happens all the time in smaller ways on big threads or big ways in smaller threads. It would be great to see more of it because I think we have a lot of passionate people with important things to say...unfortunately some of those things get lost under piqued emotions and we all lose out a little bit.

Yes I have spent money on this (which was mentioned in previous posts). And I happen to not have anything against the latest update with the GF in general (exception of the bakery like the majority of players), but even if the game weren't to my satisfaction in whichever way and I was fed up, then yes I would have walked away, even with the real money included.
  • jaystarr2jaystarr2 Posts: 1,657
    edited 14.04.2014
    And I happen to not have anything against the latest update with the GF in general (exception of the bakery like the majority of players), but even if the game weren't to my satisfaction in whichever way and I was fed up, then yes I would have walked away, even with the real money included.

Ahhh, yes, the "say what I do, not what I say". ;)

You see, this is the problem. You claim to not have a problem with any of the other players. But when you structure your criticisms as one that is directed at other players (I mean, look at the title of this thread!) the inference is that you do have a problem with other players.

That is why you are being called out for hypocrisy. I actually agree with your sentiment but at the same time I think the poor wording on your part of the topic, your lack of clarification of what you actually mean, and then your practice of insulting people who are in purported disagreement with you suggests that perhaps you should follow Hedgehog's suggestion that you quoted and be more constructive yourself in not denigrating your fellow players.
    edited 15.04.2014
    jaystarr2 wrote: »
    your practice of insulting people who are in purported disagreement with you suggests that perhaps you should follow Hedgehog's suggestion that you quoted and be more constructive yourself in not denigrating your fellow players.

I never said I am right and you're wrong. That view is for yourself. Others have clearly stated that they agree with me, while other say they don't and again that's fine. So if you'd like to go off topic by talking about me being a hypocrite. Look at yourself, you cannot agree with something and yet disagree. I have stated from the start that this is my opinion and my opinion alone. I have never rallied up people saying if you go against me, then you're wrong. As far as I know, encouraging people to have their own opinion is not insulting at all. And the so called lack of what I mean has been cleared to a lot of people, you on the other hand have been doing nothing but attacking people as a person which even a moderator step in and say stick to the topic.

With this post, I hope this clarifies things and we can go back to the actual topic
  • AphasiaAphasia Posts: 223
    edited 15.04.2014
    The 'pot-kettle-black' in this thread is astounding.
    edited 15.04.2014
    Summer, I read your post, numerous times actually. What you are saying is very contradicting... thats all im saying...You can't complain about people complaining... It makes you sound hypocritical.
    edited 16.04.2014
    Summer, I read your post, numerous times actually. What you are saying is very contradicting... thats all im saying...You can't complain about people complaining... It makes you sound hypocritical.
    Exactly!

Personally I think everyone has a right to express their opinions about the game whether it positive or negative, uneducated or trivial, without being criticized personally!
  • SirGeorge (US1)SirGeorge (US1) Posts: 354
    edited 16.04.2014
    I am right and you are wrong.
    edited 16.04.2014
    Rubyfarmer wrote: »
    Exactly!

Personally I think everyone has a right to express their opinions about the game whether it positive or negative, uneducated or trivial, without being criticized personally!

I agree as well. That's why they have a section just for that. Express your opinion. If we didn't tell them what we like and don't like, they'd never know.
    edited 16.04.2014
    SirGeorge wrote: »
    I am right and you are wrong.

lmao George your the best
  • uten8uten8 Posts: 6
    edited 16.04.2014
    Could not have said that any better .. Good job
  • ezio auditore3ezio auditore3 Posts: 2,399
    edited 16.04.2014
    Personally, I never liked anyone of you (Jk :p:p)

Now that that joke's out of the way, Seriously speaking, I don't have a problem with people expressing their opinions.... What I do have a problem with is the creation of 50,000 threads (Yes, I'm exaggerating) just so that everyone can 'express' themselves on the same topic that already has 49,999 other threads :/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file