Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

The Daily Spud - NEWS - on discord https://discord.com/channels/820962964391198741/11236309348314154

Comments

• freerange (US1)freerange (US1) Posts: 135
    edited 09.04.2014
    All Farm Conservation Meeting Held.

Due to increasing concerns about the effects of farm sprawl, the first ever all farm conservation meeting was held today. Ida Periwinkle of the Wildflower Perservation Society expressed her fear that playgrounds and barbecue areas were displacing the last of the flower beds. Tom Ato of the of Heirloom Vegetable Seed Savers agreed and added that vegetable patches were also at risk. "We've already lost mixed vegetables, onions, tomatoes, and sugar beets," he bewailed. "What will be next?"

At this point in the meeting Professor Crackpot burst in to the proceedings. "It's the native life forms we should be most concerned about protecting," he declared. "Ever since we broke out of our fenced enclosure their numbers have been dwindling. Last night I took hundreds of photographs of pigs and windmills, but not one native was to be seen!"

After much deliberation it was decided to set aside a conservation easement on one corner of the farm for trees, veggies, and flowers. A group of volunteers has also agreed to go out again tonight looking for native tracks, though secretly many of them are more interested in finding the white rabbit. Mrs. Landry suggested that if that failed, perhaps they could send the dog over the river to contact the natives. Pending the results of the search, all development outside the fence is on hold.

I am so thrilled to see all the stories posted here. You all make me laugh so hard! Thanks :-)
  • GeorgenollieUseGeorgenollieUse Posts: 1,801
    edited 09.04.2014
    freerange6 wrote: »
    All Farm Conservation Meeting Held.

Due to increasing concerns about the effects of farm sprawl, the first ever all farm conservation meeting was held today. Ida Periwinkle of the Wildflower Perservation Society expressed her fear that playgrounds and barbecue areas were displacing the last of the flower beds. Tom Ato of the of Heirloom Vegetable Seed Savers agreed and added that vegetable patches were also at risk. "We've already lost mixed vegetables, onions, tomatoes, and sugar beets," he bewailed. "What will be next?"

At this point in the meeting Professor Crackpot burst in to the proceedings. "It's the native life forms we should be most concerned about protecting," he declared. "Ever since we broke out of our fenced enclosure their numbers have been dwindling. Last night I took hundreds of photographs of pigs and windmills, but not one native was to be seen!"

After much deliberation it was decided to set aside a conservation easement on one corner of the farm for trees, veggies, and flowers. A group of volunteers has also agreed to go out again tonight looking for native tracks, though secretly many of them are more interested in finding the white rabbit. Mrs. Landry suggested that if that failed, perhaps they could send the dog over the river to contact the natives. Pending the results of the search, all development outside the fence is on hold.

Follow up question for the reporter: Did anyone at the meeting think to check out the decoration tower? It seems to attract the native life forms like honey attracts bears.
    edited 09.04.2014
    No, but I'm sure one of them will wander in there by accident. Whether they find their way out to report again is another matter.
  • ndf (US1)ndf (US1) Posts: 151
    edited 09.04.2014
    Rabbit spotted

Breaking new! The white rabbit have been spotted at the forest near the river. Farmer Amy Jon say, " the rabbit was laying color eggs, but disappear when it saw me". Scientist Conner say " we are checking this situation". There have been rumors that the rabbit is a alien, cause really what rabbit can lay eggs.
    edited 09.04.2014
    Relic Decode

The symbols in the relic have been decode, it say " Welcome to planet ______________. The last part is unknown. This is the truth, john was right. But what happen here, that we didn't even know that we are not on earth? I will try to get more answer
    edited 09.04.2014
    writing story is fun
  • karmit (US1)karmit (US1) US1 Posts: 65
    edited 10.04.2014
    Agree, Agree!! Hmmm
  • karmit (US1)karmit (US1) US1 Posts: 65
    edited 10.04.2014
    Things are going slow in our neck of the Farm. Evidence Photos are everywhere for Out of This World. Sunny 8) as usual, just ask our weatherman, farmerjohn22. Laid back and sippin' on iced tea.. What a life! :)

Excuse me, Not of This World..

Post edited by Kat Nip: Merged posts, please use the edit button
    edited 10.04.2014
    Update on the bakery embezzlement case:

It has been reported that it is a ring of workers that is behind the embezzlement of funds, but which workers they are remains unknown. The reason the authorities believe it is a group of workers is that if management is running the bakery, the workers stop working until you sell the items allowing them to embezzle the funds. This kind of team work requires a mastermind of high intelligence. Who could it be? Big Farm Police Chief Bob says they have a suspect in mind but he is not releasing any names until he is sure. We will continue our reporting as soon as we know more.
  • Sue-ana (US1)Sue-ana (US1) US1 Posts: 33
    edited 10.04.2014
    Bakery Open or Closed?

I stopped by the new bakery today and saw the open sign was on which is the 2 blue zZ's. But there was no baking going on inside. I wondered around over to watch the ducks and noticed the 2 red zZ's were now showing at the Bakery. I walked in and noticed they were making muffins. So either this is why the new bakery is not as productive as the restaurant or the bakers have some new open closed code we have not yet deciphered. I suggest you all check your local bakery and don't depend on the Z'zs until this Neon Sign issue is rectified

Sue-ana Reporting the news weather mashed fried or baked the Spud gets you the news when it happens
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 10.04.2014
    :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
    :)
    :) Clear and sunny....Man,what a sweet gig this is! :D
    edited 10.04.2014
    :) Clear and sunny....Man,what a sweet gig this is! :D

LOL! And to top it off, unlike other weathermen - you are 100% accurate.

How about a 7 day forecast so I can plan my planting schedule?
    edited 10.04.2014
    Plant away, my friend! Not a cloud in sight! (Don't expect any either) Just plant your wheat and rest your feet! 8)
  • Sue-ana (US1)Sue-ana (US1) US1 Posts: 33
    edited 10.04.2014
    John your great!!! love the weather report cant wait to see what it is tomorrow. Have to wonder how these crops all grow with no rain though. They must suck water up from roots in an underground spring..
    edited 10.04.2014
    Sue-ana wrote: »
    John your great!!! love the weather report cant wait to see what it is tomorrow. Have to wonder how these crops all grow with no rain though. They must suck water up from roots in an underground spring.

Which would explain why we get water when we harvest too - little water spouts that come through as you harvest. :)
    edited 10.04.2014
    Planet Review
    I have found the name of the planet we are on, it is planet Big Farm

Duh.......

Post edited by Kat Nip: Merged posts, please use the edit button
  • nannsi (SKN1)nannsi (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 325
    edited 10.04.2014
    Kicked out for trespassing

Breaking new from Farmer O. Utrage:
    “How can I feed my animals and harvest my fields, when I cannot get into my farm?
    Every time I enter the farm I get kicked out by PC Cop, he says I am trespassing!
    It is not right
    How can it be like that? It is my farm, I have paid gold and dollars for the land and build fields and houses. I do not owe any taxes or fee to anyone.”

PC Cop explains that the farm hands calls for him to remove a trespassing person who endangers the animals on the farm. “I must respond to the call from the farm and remove any trespassers. As I do not know farmer O. Utrage I have to remove him from the premises – the farmer would not show any kind of ID.”

Farmer O. Utrage do not accept this explanation and hope other farmers with the same situation will join him making a class action lawsuit against the farm management and police department.

Please call him on Big Farm Hotel to discuss the problem and arrange for the lawsuit.

The Daily Spud News will be back with more on this.
    edited 10.04.2014
    Surprising Finds in Decoration Tower!

Due to reader requests for more information, I decided to join in on last night's search for "natives". Based on yesterday's hot tip I quickly steered Billy Bob and Farmer Jane into the decoration tower with me. At first we didn't find much except picnic crumbs and some dirty dishes and tea cups outside the camper. Our first surprise came when we reached the 8th floor. There we found pants-less Burt who had disappeared from the flower shop jacuzzi several days ago. He was plump and happy and lounging on a chair at the Hawaiian beach. Fortunately he had found a colorful towel to wrap around his waist. When asked why he had not returned home he declared, "I'm never leaving this place! There is every deco you could possibly imagine here. I sleep in a camper, eat bbq every day, and best of all I don't have to work." When asked if he had seen any aliens, Burt informed us there were lots of them up on the next floor but that they pretty much kept to themselves.

When we went to investigate we found a dozen of the strange creatures standing around the various star spheres. As soon as they spotted us they skittered away and bolted themselves in the Magical fairy tale tower. They refused to open the door unless they were given 12,060 apples. At that point Billy Bob went in search of Mayor Manewer and negotiations are now ongoing. The creatures hinted that they might be ok with limited human expansion into their habitat as long as they can get in on the Wheel of Fortune and Omar's discount deals. As I left the area, I heard snickering and one of the aliens whispering, "Maybe if we play this whole native species angle right we can get a Ferris wheel and a Roller coaster as well."
    edited 10.04.2014
    Farm destroy

Breaking news! A meteorite have destroy Farmer Abby farm. There is a giant crater at the rubble, the crater have created some radioactivity, that have been poisoning life around the farm, we are trying to communicate to the natives on how to solve this problem. Currently, Farmer Abby have disappear from her farm, her where about are unknown, we will try to find her.
    edited 10.04.2014
    Breaking news (on the US server, at least):

Steve the Architect has returned from his vacation in Aruba and is looking for some odd jobs to get back into the groove. Try to get him before he gets the wandering bug again, he mentioned something about glaciers in Alaska calling his name.
  • CupKateCupKate Posts: 203
    edited 11.04.2014
    Sue-ana wrote: »
    Cooking Edition

News from Cobby Lei and Sachel Foy
    Coming to you live from
    Mells Kitchen

Cobby: Sachel today we are going to make immitation Bacon bits from wildflowers.

Often artificial bacon bits are made from Tofu.

Which is exactly what we have. Many people do not know that the word Tofu means " Totaly Outrageous Flower Usage. The bacon bits will not only be edible but colorful as well.. Imagine blue,orange, fushia and green bacon sprinkled on your salad?

Sachel: Wow Cobby your such a fantastic chef and creative too. You can bottle them and sell them off Omars Wagon. Cobby's Rainbow Bacon Bits.

Cobby: Sachel that is a fantastic idea I knew you were smart as well as a wonderful 24 minute dish maker.

Sachel: Thank you Cobby your great in Kitchen not just a BBQ Guru

Join us next week for other great recipe ideas

This.is.hilarious. xD
    edited 11.04.2014
    Advertisement:
    Large amounts of dung have been found in the pigstys. Seems like the pigs have had large amounts of beans for food. Help the world get a brain, DONT FEED PIGS BEANS.

News:
    Seems like more problems with the white bunnies :l
    This has been quoted from this quiet visitor completely annoyed with the fact that eggs are being hidden: "What a mess! I sat on an egg again! Recently easter eggs have been showing up on the farm. I have no idea who has been playing these jokes on us, but we have to find those eggs before they attract wild boar to trample on all the plants. I also discovered rabbit tracks..."

A reporter disagrees, "Wild boar doesn't live around here for one. Next off rabbit tracks?! They have footage of a white BUNNY hopping around but no rabbits..and Im pretty sure rabbits are different."

"I agree with the reporter, I've never heard of an Easter rabbit but I've definitely heard of an Easter bunny."

:l What might it be? A rabbit or a bunny?
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    edited 11.04.2014
    Rusty Farmer here with further breaking news on Steve the architect - he's around but hiding; he appears to be intent on studying a tent while in a tent; if you don't look closely you might not see him there.

Rumour has it that by studying aforementioned tent, he is trying to come up with new design ideas that will help with other farms besides the main one, even the flower farm. However, any indication that he has already figured how to get flower farm houses to a new level falls flat in practice. You'll be hitting a brick wall trying to get him to do that at this stage.

So it's back to the drawing board for you Steve! But man I like that flash red van you drive! Where can I get one? Does it cost gold?
    edited 11.04.2014
    :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
    :) Sunny and clear........ :sleeping:zzzzzzzzzzzzz wuh?:pinch: *YAWN*.... Break time! 8o
    :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
  • ange742ange742 Posts: 12
    edited 11.04.2014
    Farmer Fred anxiously awaiting Steve's arrival back to work this morning went to the edge of the fence to find out he had not shown up yet. Upon further investigation he found out that his wife Edna in an intention to bribe him to stay longer had fed him fruitcake made with rum last night. It appears that Steve may be hungover today so who knows when he might return.
    edited 11.04.2014
    Worker Delusions Reach Dangerous Levels!

Lately there have been more and more strange reports of workers seeing giant muffins and fruit cakes over the bakery. Additionally, sightings of the mysterious white bunny rabbit are on the rise. When I consulted the quacks for information they explained that increased hunger due to the restaurant and bakery closures is causing many to become delusional. Beanpole skinny Billy Bob has had the worst of it. The other day he was knocked out cold! Eyewitnesses report he was seen shouting, "White lagomorph, white lagomorph, give me some candy!" just before he bashed his head on the flagpole.

Once again the practical Mrs. Landry came to the rescue. She took advantage of all the extra corn milling that has been going recently to bake up some corn bread on the barbecue. Ollie Overalls helped by bringing out the first products of his secret cheese making operation in the shed. "Don't worry Billy Bob," Mrs. Landry said. "I'm sure everything will be fixed soon." In the meantime, anxiety levels remain high in the pig population.
    edited 12.04.2014
    Missing cows

Farmer are angry that their cows are missing, They suspect that the natives kidnap them and are angry. I have try to ask them where are the cows but no answer yet. Hope this won't get ugly
    edited 12.04.2014
    freerange6 wrote: »
    Worker Delusions Reach Dangerous Levels!

Lately there have been more and more strange reports of workers seeing giant muffins and fruit cakes over the bakery. Additionally, sightings of the mysterious white bunny rabbit are on the rise. When I consulted the quacks for information they explained that increased hunger due to the restaurant and bakery closures is causing many to become delusional. Beanpole skinny Billy Bob has had the worst of it. The other day he was knocked out cold! Eyewitnesses report he was seen shouting, "White lagomorph, white lagomorph, give me some candy!" just before he bashed his head on the flagpole.

Hilarious, but true. This man seemed delusional at the time, but actually others have believed it too. Those eating the same items at the bakery at other places have NOT seen the white bunny. :o Is what seems to be the Easter bunny going to be more of a nightmare to children? I hope not! :l

Again MORE silly news about the eggs that the bunny has hidden. We have found a total of 200.5 eggs (including a half of one God knows where the other half went)!! Not only has these mysterious eggs been a colorful threat but contains sugary ingredients!! Yesterday, EXACTLY 12:00 :l a little girl so curious ate the contents of the egg and lost a total of 5 teeth next day! The Easter bunny is no longer God's enemy but humans as well!

ALL THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN AFFECTED TAKE A STAND AND SEND IN EVIDENCE IMMEDIATELY TO whitebunnysighted.com
    edited 12.04.2014
    News-
    Lately, a farmer decided to cook some pig and ate it. GGS police came immediately and the farmer had to pay a fine of 100 gold pieces.

Mic held up: "Yes, I know what I have done. But it turned out tasty and I don't see why GGS won't let us have bacon."

Reporter's reply: "Wow! It was tasty? Hmm, we will discuss more on this topic later on..."
    edited 12.04.2014
    :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
    :) Clear and sunny........ :sleeping:zzzzzzzzzzzzz wuh?:pinch: *YAWN*.... Break time! 8o
    :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Editorial:

I have a complaint about the forecast - the weatherman promised clear and sunny . . . then how come I have sunny and clear weather? Really he needs to get his facts straight this could have severely impacted my plantings.

Sign In to comment.