Home Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Update - March 31 - The Gourmet Farm Rework - Discussion

14245

Comments

  • RubyfarmerRubyfarmer Posts: 90
    edited 08.04.2014
    It is scheduled for the 14th - see the official announcement thread.

    thanks... lost interest in that thread (as the heading suggests nothing to do with gourmet farm) so didn't read it all!
    Rubyfarmer @ au 1
  • jeanne jones2jeanne jones2 Posts: 2
    edited 08.04.2014
    where the heck is all my stuff from my gormet farm
    jeanne jones @ us 1
  • rhon (GB1)rhon (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,530
    edited 08.04.2014
    where the heck is all my stuff from my gormet farm
    Your restaurant, fields and almonds etc have been removed. It is part of the Gourmet Farm rework

    It was explained in the hamburger button at the bottom left of the game screen for the last few weeks

    Announcement thread here

    Discussion thread here


    You do have to rebuild but all your costs have been refunded. We were given a week of 50% off building times but that has finished now :(
    12410400344_fc07e4baf3_mjpg

  • jeanne jones2jeanne jones2 Posts: 2
    edited 08.04.2014
    i knjow that stinks i want my stuff back
    jeanne jones @ us 1
  • farmerkit2farmerkit2 Posts: 177
    edited 08.04.2014
    Why is a donkey on my level 3 donkey stable eating grass, when
    1. I have animations turned off
    2. I fed them with feed from mill! what was the point of making that feed?!
    farmerkit @ WWW 1
  • jaystarr2jaystarr2 Posts: 1,657
    edited 08.04.2014
    farmerkit2 wrote: »
    Why is a donkey on my level 3 donkey stable eating grass, when
    1. I have animations turned off
    2. I fed them with feed from mill! what was the point of making that feed?!

    It's a bug, like the other animation bugs on the GF. Some of them are noted to be ironed out in the next update, but the donkey one hasn't been addressed there.


    Is there any official word on the suggestion that GGS implement a TEST SERVER or something where a few members of the community can go and test updates and give feedback on design or bugs or stuff like that BEFORE the update gets released to everyone?
    b3vhjn.jpg
    jaystarr2 @ us 1

    Want to be part of a top-ranked co-op on the US1 server? Success Team is accepting applications RIGHT NOW! Click here to check it out!
  • snork (INT1)snork (INT1) Posts: 518
    edited 08.04.2014
    farmerkit2 wrote: »
    Why is a donkey on my level 3 donkey stable eating grass, when
    1. I have animations turned off
    2. I fed them with feed from mill! what was the point of making that feed?!

    *lol* as I keep saying, kick that donkey, we waste so much time and effort and it eats grass, pffft.
    snork @ WWW 1
  • Agons000 (AU1)Agons000 (AU1) Posts: 39
    edited 08.04.2014
    gizmo222 wrote: »
    For gourmet to truly be an extension of the main farm all production facilities, stables, and orchards should drop collectibles. Whats the point of being able to use the milk and eggs from gourmet for coop projects when there's no collectibles left to start more of them. Current pricing for buying collectibles is bordering on stupid, it always has been.

    Mate, in one of the half a million posts, they said they "will" incorporate collectibles into the gourmet farm in a later update.
    Gold! Gold! Gold! Gold your way to the top!

    Agons000 @ au 1
  • edited 08.04.2014
    Weren't we told that the gourmet farm would also contribute items towards events and projects?

    My gourmet farm is NOT contributing towards the current U.F.O. event. Was there a message about this already that I missed?
    SufficientGrace @ us 1
  • uksharon (GB1)uksharon (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,151
    edited 08.04.2014
    Weren't we told that the gourmet farm would also contribute items towards events and projects?

    My gourmet farm is NOT contributing towards the current U.F.O. event. Was there a message about this already that I missed?
    i am on number 3 begin production of milk it as registered from the gourmet farm that i have started production there

  • Tonia2 (INT1)Tonia2 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 45
    edited 08.04.2014
    As I understood it will contribute with products - meaning milk and eggs. I don't think we are going to get UFO parts or other things
    Tonia2 @ WWW 1
  • uksharon (GB1)uksharon (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,151
    edited 08.04.2014
    Tonia22 wrote: »
    As I understood it will contribute with products - meaning milk and eggs. I don't think we are going to get UFO parts or other things
    no it will just be eggs and milk we get counted from there towards it

  • Gyjoh31 (US1)Gyjoh31 (US1) US1 Posts: 28
    edited 08.04.2014
    Is any one having trouble harvesting from the bakery? I can't harvest my fruit cake. I have closed down and re-booted still no go....Any suggestion?
    Thanks!
    Gyjoh31 @ us 1
  • GeorgenollieUseGeorgenollieUse Posts: 1,801
    edited 08.04.2014
    Gyjoh31 wrote: »
    Is any one having trouble harvesting from the bakery? I can't harvest my fruit cake. I have closed down and re-booted still no go....Any suggestion?
    Thanks!

    Known bug - your inventory is full but the sell pop up does not show up - you need to go to the farm management screen and the tab with the white pan and sell . . . usually the item that your stuck on is the one you need to sell, sometimes it requires selling everything you have made from the bakery.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Merry Christmas from GeorgenollieUse @ us 1
    and her brother, Tony, since this a picture of his tree :)
  • Gyjoh31 (US1)Gyjoh31 (US1) US1 Posts: 28
    edited 08.04.2014
    Known bug - your inventory is full but the sell pop up does not show up - you need to go to the farm management screen and the tab with the white pan and sell . . . usually the item that your stuck on is the one you need to sell, sometimes it requires selling everything you have made from the bakery.

    thank you I will try that.....
    Gyjoh31 @ us 1
  • Fibro_fog (US1)Fibro_fog (US1) US1 Posts: 29
    edited 09.04.2014
    uksharon3 wrote: »
    no it will just be eggs and milk we get counted from there towards it

    Ah! Ok, now I understand. Thanks.
    Fibro_fog @ us 1
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,667
    edited 09.04.2014
    I was pleasantly surprised to find that the "begin 5 milk harvests" for the current event included goat stables. I thought I was going to have to wait 7 hours.

    My understanding is finding hidden parts for events and also collectables will be added to gourmet farm at a later date. Also, the gourmet farm specific products themselves, such as donkeys and feed, will become involved in future events. I hope the flower farm also gets included later.
  • FarmingGamerFarmingGamer Posts: 107
    edited 09.04.2014
    snork2 wrote: »
    *lol* as I keep saying, kick that donkey, we waste so much time and effort and it eats grass, pffft.

    lolololol
    hehe
    FarmingGamer @ in 1
  • Gord67Gord67 Posts: 52
    edited 09.04.2014
    Latten wrote: »
    As things look, Wednesday won't work, prepare for Thursday - also not yet confirmed!

    Edit: Yup, probably next week :D

    Wow this is unbelievable that we have to wait so long for this to be fixed. :( Our co-op was happy about Wednesday or Thursday but now it may not be till next week. This is going to make most upset and I may loose members as you do too. They already say other games don't have as many problems and talk about finding one. Come on this is a huge issue!
    Gord67 @ us 1
    Lucky Charm - Co-Op Leader
    mickey-clip-art-15-150x150_zps281b13c9.jpg
  • saya1988 (IN1)saya1988 (IN1) Posts: 283
    edited 09.04.2014
    farmerkit2 wrote: »
    Why is a donkey on my level 3 donkey stable eating grass, when
    1. I have animations turned off
    2. I fed them with feed from mill! what was the point of making that feed?!
    reallyyyyyyy.........
    i jst noticed
    lol
    :D
    saya1988 @ in 1
    Happy farming :)
    16oprm.jpg
  • Griffith (INT1)Griffith (INT1) Posts: 768
    edited 09.04.2014
    Gord67 wrote: »
    Wow this is unbelievable that we have to wait so long for this to be fixed. :( Our co-op was happy about Wednesday or Thursday but now it may not be till next week. This is going to make most upset and I may loose members as you do too. They already say other games don't have as many problems and talk about finding one. Come on this is a huge issue!

    if they'd do it this Wednesday, some others would come here whining and complaining why its during event...
    so yea try be more constructive guys...
    Griffith @ WWW 1
  • SpeedyDog10SpeedyDog10 Posts: 258
    edited 09.04.2014
    Griffith wrote: »
    if they'd do it this Wednesday, some others would come here whining and complaining why its during event...
    so yea try be more constructive guys...

    The point is ... DO NOT set a date and announce it if you're not ready to deliver!
    SpeedyDog10 @ WWW 1
  • Latten (DE1)Latten (DE1) Posts: 6,246
    edited 09.04.2014
    The point is ... DO NOT set a date and announce it if you're not ready to deliver!

    Well, sometimes it's just not possible to meet a set date due to various reasons or problems that came up. In these situations, we can either make the update regardless of bugs, issues and problems that will arise, or will will work on it a few more days so everyone will (hopefully) have no problems - I think the latter option is far better, don't you? :)
  • Irish30 (US1)Irish30 (US1) Posts: 264
    edited 09.04.2014
    Yes..it's probably better to wait and be sure the problems are all fixed before the update / upgrade is done and released....geez what a great idea...wonder why that wasn't the first thing that happened before all this remake had to be done...oh well we all learn from our errors...just some have to make them more often than others. Be safe and hug some one who needs one..you can tell by the sad look they have....geez...around here you could be hugged out in a hour or so...
    Irish30 @ us 1
  • SpeedyDog10SpeedyDog10 Posts: 258
    edited 09.04.2014
    Irish30 wrote: »
    Yes..it's probably better to wait and be sure the problems are all fixed before the update / upgrade is done and released....geez what a great idea...wonder why that wasn't the first thing that happened before all this remake had to be done....

    ^ This^ I agree 100%.

    Latten wrote: »
    Well, sometimes it's just not possible to meet a set date due to various reasons or problems that came up. In these situations, we can either make the update regardless of bugs, issues and problems that will arise, or will will work on it a few more days so everyone will (hopefully) have no problems - I think the latter option is far better, don't you? :)

    No. Better option is fix all the bugs and issues PROMPTLY, THEN announce the date. Rather than announce the date, then postpone, then announce again, then postpone again, then adding new upgrades when the current bugs and issues haven't been addressed/fixed yet.
    SpeedyDog10 @ WWW 1
  • edited 09.04.2014
    To make 400 fruit cakes in Level 2 bakery worth $248000 we need ingredients worth $235500 after waiting for 8 hrs
    so net profit per hour is $1562! Even a Level 1 cow shed will give us $1150 per hour profit without spending any $ for updates!!!


    So my simple question is: Is it worth playing in our new Gourmet farm.
    [Insults removed | Nafaru]
    Narendra Modi @ in 1
  • AngieGamer71 (US1)AngieGamer71 (US1) Posts: 117
    edited 09.04.2014
    Latten wrote: »
    Well, sometimes it's just not possible to meet a set date due to various reasons or problems that came up. In these situations, we can either make the update regardless of bugs, issues and problems that will arise, or will will work on it a few more days so everyone will (hopefully) have no problems - I think the latter option is far better, don't you? :)

    I do agree that a fix is better than releasing it with bugs BUT the big issue is they could have fixed the bakery prices and gourmet bugs much quicker. Instead, they decide to roll it out with a brand new feature of missions. Fix the problems or updates you say you will fix (i.e. new bakery xp) and THEN go on to a new roll out like missions. GGS could have handled bakery issues more quickly and efficiently and earned much more respect rather than try to merge it with "the next big thing" of a complete mission re work.
    AngieGamer71 @ us 1
  • SpeedyDog10SpeedyDog10 Posts: 258
    edited 09.04.2014
    I do agree that a fix is better than releasing it with bugs BUT the big issue is they could have fixed the bakery prices and gourmet bugs much quicker. Instead, they decide to roll it out with a brand new feature of missions. Fix the problems or updates you say you will fix (i.e. new bakery xp) and THEN go on to a new roll out like missions. GGS could have handled bakery issues more quickly and efficiently and earned much more respect rather than try to merge it with "the next big thing" of a complete mission re work.


    ^Exactly!^
    SpeedyDog10 @ WWW 1
  • ArtmakerArtmaker Posts: 415
    edited 09.04.2014
    Latten wrote: »
    Well, sometimes it's just not possible to meet a set date due to various reasons or problems that came up. In these situations, we can either make the update regardless of bugs, issues and problems that will arise, or will will work on it a few more days so everyone will (hopefully) have no problems - I think the latter option is far better, don't you? :)

    NO! I think the better idea would have been to TEST IT FIRST! Release it WITHOUT BUGS and HUGE ACCOUNTING ERRORS in the first place.

    And as soon as the first person pointed out how the bakery actually looses money, they all should have dropped everything else and fixed it! But instead, we start an event, roll out the next (most likely buggy) new thing.
    And postpone the fix for the gourmet farm. (As if no one expected that based on past performance.)



    Lastly, why don't you folks (not you Latten, I know your just the messenger.)
    But the GG folks. Why don't they post something right in the game letting players know when the latest swarm of bugs will be fixed? Not everyone sifts through forums.

    YOUR LOSING PLAYERS! Two of my coops have had players. MORE THAN ONE. Dump their gold and cash into the coop and leave. Two coops are so short of players now it's not even worth it to try and start a project. Not enough help to finish it.

    Now I'll go post in the coop chat that the fix is postponed another day? And I'll add don't count on it.

    What the hell?
    Artmaker @ en 1
  • amaprincess1 (US1)amaprincess1 (US1) Posts: 636
    edited 10.04.2014
    Artmaker wrote: »
    NO! I think the better idea would have been to TEST IT FIRST! Release it WITHOUT BUGS and HUGE ACCOUNTING ERRORS in the first place.

    And as soon as the first person pointed out how the bakery actually looses money, they all should have dropped everything else and fixed it! But instead, we start an event, roll out the next (most likely buggy) new thing.
    And postpone the fix for the gourmet farm. (As if no one expected that based on past performance.)



    Lastly, why don't you folks (not you Latten, I know your just the messenger.)
    But the GG folks. Why don't they post something right in the game letting players know when the latest swarm of bugs will be fixed? Not everyone sifts through forums.

    YOUR LOSING PLAYERS! Two of my coops have had players. MORE THAN ONE. Dump their gold and cash into the coop and leave. Two coops are so short of players now it's not even worth it to try and start a project. Not enough help to finish it.

    Now I'll go post in the coop chat that the fix is postponed another day? And I'll add don't count on it.

    What the hell?

    Man... If this is the worst thing going down in your world, your life must be milk and honey.

    How do you know they didn't test it beforehand? I'm pretty sure they did since they delayed the rollout to address a few problems. Think that was the reason they gave. Anyway, it works pretty well from my end. Nothing is really broken. The balance in the bakery is a bit whack but they're addressing that with the next update. Sure the donkeys move when animations are turned off and the goats don't move when the animations are turned on, but is that the end of the world? I can wait a few days for them to get it fixed. Don't think anyone will die if they don't.
Sign In to comment.