Home EN General Discussions & Questions Tutorials and FAQs

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Tips if you are playing on more than one server

Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
edited 31.10.2014 in Tutorials and FAQs
Some of us keener players have farms on more than one server.

My tip: I have discovered that the Google Chrome browser is the only one to the best of my knowledge which can create separate user profiles.

What this means for games purposes is that each profile keeps separate cookies which include, for this game, the server you are pointing at, your name and password.

You can create shortcuts on your desktop for each profile and have it go straight to Big Farm.

For myself, I have 3 shortcuts. One goes to my farm on the AUS server (admittedly I use internet explorer for that one), the other two go to the INT and UK server respectively.

I can have all three farms open at once, and I haven't had to enter a name and password for weeks. I just double-click on each of the 3 shortcuts and they are all there.
Post edited by Rusty Farmer (AU1) on

Comments

• ezio auditore3ezio auditore3 Posts: 2,399
    edited 05.04.2014
    That's a nice idea :) Thank you Rusty :)
  • karmit (US1)karmit (US1) US1 Posts: 65
    edited 07.04.2014
    Dumb question.. If you use a different browser (Google Chrome, Mozilla Foxfire), etc.. for each account, would that be a different server too? Still learning.
    I have found that I would be able to do that. I have not done it yet, only thinking about it.
  • montuosmontuos Posts: 1,275
    edited 07.04.2014
    karmit wrote: »
    If you use a different browser (Google Chrome, Mozilla Foxfire), etc.. for each account, would that be a different server too?

No. Your browser is not a server, it is a method of accessing a server.

The way you get a different server is by changing the flag on the login/registration page.

The reason using different browsers (or different browser profiles) is important is to be able to auto-login instead of having to switch your server and type in your username and password every time for each account. Your server and saved password are stored in flash cache, so if you want to auto-login more than one account, you have to have a way of storing and accessing the login details for each account separately.
    edited 07.04.2014
    Thank you Montuos, that is very helpful. Again, thank you.
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    edited 08.04.2014
    I've noticed my Internet Explorer cache is separate from my Google Chrome caches,however, when I tried using Firefox, it shared the same cache as Internet Explorer. I think I also tried Opera, same problem.
  • montuosmontuos Posts: 1,275
    edited 08.04.2014
    Yes, and Firefox and Opera share the same location for flash cache, which is irksome, but Chrome is a worse memory hog than Firefox these days, so I don't want to run multiple instances of it on my poor old machine. I'm ok with signing in to everything manually, though (I think it's a better security practice in general anyway), so it works for me.
    edited 08.04.2014
    I suppose if you have other people in the house using your computer then you'll want to keep things secure. I live alone so that's not a problem with me.

Also, I have 8 GB RAM, so I'm not particularly worried about memory issues.
  • ss02092ss02092 Posts: 772
    edited 08.04.2014
    i use opera and dragon.

both of them shared different profiles for each tabs.

Its not the browser that plays a role here but the order of installing the flash & the browser decide these things.
    edited 09.04.2014
    ss02092 wrote: »
    Its not the browser that plays a role here but the order of installing the flash & the browser decide these things.

Please elaborate.
  • Solveik3Solveik3 Posts: 24
    edited 21.04.2014
    Opera, IE, Firefox, Seamonkey use system flash and thus use the same flash cookies. So if you logged in in Firefox and open Internet Explorer you will already be logged in and your Firefox login will get disconnected. You could also argue that ggs login in design is flawed or the browsers using the same cookies is even worse.

Chrome on the other hand does not use system flash an can handle different accounts. You have to create different profiles though as stated above.
    1.jpg 70.7K
    3.jpg 64.5K
  • 06harley06harley Posts: 2
    edited 06.06.2014
    I have two farms, both in Chrome, the first day I made the second farm I had 2 windows open and could play both farms.

When I got back into the computer and tried to open two separate windows to play both farms again, Chrome auto logs me into my new farm and I cannot get to my old farm.

Can anyone help with this?
  • Kat Nip (GB1)Kat Nip (GB1) GB1 Posts: 3,796
    edited 06.06.2014
    Harley, log out of the farm that you're automatically logged into and you'll be able to manually log into whatever farm you wish then.

Kat. Kittie_by_otomosc.gif
    edited 07.06.2014
    You can create more than one profile with Chrome then put shortcuts on your desktop to each. It will keep separate information for server, name, password on each one and so you can have both farms open at once.
    edited 27.08.2014
    Well, this is what I've done having two accounts on BF.. I go ingognito on google chrome to sign on with one of them. Then minimize the chrome and bring up firefox to log onto other account. Easier that way for me.8)
  • Lottie12 (US1)Lottie12 (US1) Posts: 11
    edited 02.09.2014
    I am trying to have another farm on the www1 server. I am not sure if I did it correctly. I went to log in and at the bottom of the screen I changed it to International. (i had a choice of United States or International) I left the flag at the United States. Is this the way to do it?

Thanks!

Lottie122

the signature at the bottom is my farm on US1 server.
  • Larino (INT1)Larino (INT1) Posts: 4,572
    edited 03.09.2014
    Lottie122 wrote: »
    I am trying to have another farm on the www1 server. I am not sure if I did it correctly. I went to log in and at the bottom of the screen I changed it to International. (i had a choice of United States or International) I left the flag at the United States. Is this the way to do it?

Thanks!

Lottie122

the signature at the bottom is my farm on US1 server.

Yes, you did it correctly. You change the server and then sign up again like the first time.

In case you need more info about servers: https://bigfarmtips.wordpress.com/2013/07/04/what-is-a-server-and-how-can-i-find-mine/
  • Lottie12 (US1)Lottie12 (US1) Posts: 11
    edited 03.09.2014
    Thanks Larino! I used the same sign on name as on US-1. Hope it isn't a problem.

I found your website and I love it! So many great tips. I am sharing it with my co-op members on US1. In fact, by reading your info, I decided to go for a 2nd farm on www. I would love to be able to join your co-op when I get to a higher level. I am at 75 on US1 and am the co-op leader.

Thanks again! I will read the tips in the link you sent about the servers.

Lottie12
    edited 03.09.2014
    Lottie122 wrote: »
    Thanks Larino! I used the same sign on name as on US-1. Hope it isn't a problem.

I found your website and I love it! So many great tips. I am sharing it with my co-op members on US1. In fact, by reading your info, I decided to go for a 2nd farm on www. I would love to be able to join your co-op when I get to a higher level. I am at 75 on US1 and am the co-op leader.

Thanks again! I will read the tips in the link you sent about the servers.

Lottie12

Do remember that you can only have 1 account on each server. If you want another account, you may want to consider signing up with UK or IN. For those you do need to change the flag first and then check the server. If the server is international, you may not sign up again, that server is across all countries, so no matter which flag you enter it from, it is the same server. Pick United Kingdom 1 or India 1 if you want a third account :)

And yes, it is fine to use all the same log-in date as on US1, I use the same data (e-mail, username and password) on all of my accounts.
  • hagemaru2hagemaru2 Posts: 2
    edited 30.10.2014
    can anyone teach me how to create the shortcut...? i have 2 account now...
    edited 31.10.2014
    hagemaru2 wrote: »
    can anyone teach me how to create the shortcut...? i have 2 account now...

Shortcut? You mean automatically log in on both accounts at the same time? Then use two different browsers so they both remember different data for your accounts.
  • RunsWivScissors (GB1)RunsWivScissors (GB1) GB1 Posts: 6,633
    edited 31.10.2014
    Larino wrote: »
    Shortcut? You mean automatically log in on both accounts at the same time? Then use two different browsers so they both remember different data for your accounts.

I think it might mean the desktop shortcuts in the OP.... I could be wrong.
    edited 31.10.2014
    I think it might mean the desktop shortcuts in the OP.... I could be wrong.

Right. I should read what the thread is exactly about before posting next time XD I think you are indeed correct. In that case, I cannot explain, sorry :) I just used to log in on each account separately by not having the browser remember the password. I had 4 tabs open that automatically started up when I opened the browser, on which I just logged in each morning.
Sign In to comment.