Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Game Economy Nerf Update hidden inside Gourmet Farm

So I been running the numbers on the Gourmet Farm, using various stages of progression for both player and co-op and looking at the income. Using 0 running costs with a max level Bakery, max research it still comes nowhere near the flower farm. Even the simplest of recipes there. For example: Summer Bouquet, 10 Wheat, 55 Flowers. approx 200 cost, 50k profit or 25000% profit.
On the new Bakery we are lucky to get 10-20% profits once everything is maxed out.

Did anyone notice that two major changes occurred after the last Telescope event?

1)Happiness was completely restructed resulting in a lot of players to tear down some production buildings and/or add decos to compensate for it.
2)The main source of income from Gourmet was taken away resulting in drastic income reduction.

Ive never been a conspiracy theorist but here is what I think GGS started to realize. With roughly 40-50 billion spent on donations for telescopes from both servers they started to worry that the game economy was getting ready to burst. Once players have too much cash and very few cash sinks to take it off the table they become bored and migrate elsewhere.

I'm not faulting GGS for coming up with ways to throttle the amount of cash players were generating, I just think they could have done it in several different ways. I also think if anything I've said is remotely close to being right that they should have just announced why they were doing it.

Here are some of my top suggestions for cash sinks:
1)A dollar to gold conversion ratio that increases proportionately as a player levels from 1 - 80.
2)Allowing gold only items to be bought for an amount in dollars equal to above ratio.
3)Allowing a researcher to be hired using the ratio derived in suggestion 1. (Anyone see where I'm going here :) ? ) Basically there would be a cash equivalent for any item that otherwise needed gold to purchase.

Ok, well the argument might be made that the above steps would put Big Farm out of business. This is why I dont think so. The ratio could be such that deciding to convert cash to gold would have to be done only for the players who spent a lot of time playing and accumulating. For the casual player it would be out of reach and the game would still be played as it used to.

Here are a few other ways without any type of blatant cash sink or gold conversions.

Everyone likes to gamble .... So use it to take some money out of the economy that way. Every state does this. Have several different mission types with several different tiers of cash rewards and entry fees with GGS taking out a rake of 10-20%. Have co-op mission events where co-ops put up their cash or gold in hopes of making a quick buck to fund their next research with all members helping to lead their co-op to victory. Cash only banners.

In closing, I think their are many other ways to take some money out of the economy without alienating the old school players (which I am not) that are set in their ways and turn a lot of them away in the process.
Post edited by GwynethAngie (US1) on

Comments

• GeorgenollieUseGeorgenollieUse Posts: 1,801
    edited 05.04.2014
    Basically my answer to this boils down to that GGS has already said that they will never give us gold for farm dollar exchange - no matter how reasonable it sounds.
  • NeVeSis (US1)NeVeSis (US1) Posts: 66
    edited 05.04.2014
    Ok, first I have to point out that the general economy of the gourmet farm hasn't been nerfed as much as everyone is winning about.

- The restaurant was the main source of profit on the old gourmet farm, everything else was laughable compare to the main farm.
    - In the new gourmet farm, farms and orchards are more profitable than on the old one and now compares to the profit on the main farm (except of apples). As such, it should be expected that the bakery should be less profitable than the restaurant (It should however at least be profitable, which it isn't pre-fix).
    - The increase production of dung allowed by the new gourmet farm allows for more fertilizer and thus, for more apple orchards on the main farm (if you haven't got the place on the main farm, remember that you can (thanks to the new changes) transfer egg or milk production to the gourmet farm).

With that said, I agree with the main idea behind your post, that is that (at least for high level players) we don't have enough cash sinks... the only one being the orphanage event.

I understand why GGS doesn't want to make gold exchangeable for farm dollars and it makes perfect sense (I don't want to get into that right now). I know of very few free to play games that allow for such a business model. The only one I can think of is game name removed - Kat Nip (Edit: and technically, it isn't free to play).

As a high level player myself, my money just keeps piling up... I would indeed want to have a way to spend it somewhere... I'd like to be able to give some to my fellow coop members or anything... As of right now it's just piling up and it removes a lot of fun from the game.
  • FarmerPJW2FarmerPJW2 Posts: 45
    edited 05.04.2014
    It's worth reflecting that highly active players who don't spend (that is, spend real money) are probably GGS' biggest cash sink as well! Active players mean GGS need to pay more for servers and bandwidth etc., and non-spending means that the players are not paying for it themselves. So if GGS can make a change which, at the margin, pushes out a few active non-spenders then that is likely to be regarded as a feature not a bug.

However, the accumulation problem is a real issue and one which will affect spending players even more quickly than non-spending players. So they do need to find some attractive offers to keep players in the game: but I wouldn't be surprised if they were things which were more attractive to spending players than non-spending.
  • jaystarr2jaystarr2 Posts: 1,657
    edited 05.04.2014
    Or, they could just tax us some amount of our farm bucks on a regular basis.
  • Irish30 (US1)Irish30 (US1) Posts: 264
    edited 05.04.2014
    Geez please Missy Jaystar, just because I declare GGS a dependent on my U.S. Tax Return doesn't mean you should give GGS the idea to tax me again..LOL...hard enough to come up with the real money for taxes...let alone farm cash the way it is now for taxes to GGS. Be safe and hug the mail carrier..they may have a refund check for you....

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file