Home EN General Discussions & Questions Most Discussed Topics

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

The Daily Spud - NEWS - on discord https://discord.com/channels/820962964391198741/11236309348314154

Sue-ana (US1)Sue-ana (US1) US1 Posts: 33
edited 29.02.2024 in Most Discussed Topics
This is Sue-ana reporting to you for "The Daily Spud"

We get the news for you while it is still breaking!!!!

As the sun slowly rises above the hills beyond the barn another day on the farm is about to begin.
Who knows what Happiness or Woes will cross the paths of the farm crew today.

Billy bob is skinny as a bean pole but he sure carries his weight in work.
I once saw him lift up a tractor just to save an earthworm so it could be counted.

The men seem to make many trips around the flower shop they gravitate to the BBQ scanning for food and than lumber off to the fields. Watch them sometime you will see.

Mrs Landry always wears the violet dress and head scarf someone checked her closet one day she does not wear the same dress everyday. She actually has 31 exactly the same. One for every day of the month. She always seems to be bustling about the farm very busy,

As I was about to head home for the day I saw a wagon pull up just outside the farm and the owner began setting up his wares. You can all stop shopping at Wallmart because Omar is here. I did hear one of my farm workers refer to him as Wally.

Reporter Sue-ana here giving you the news when it happens and as I see it. Happy Farming

Posting Guidelines For The Daily Spud

Everyone is welcome to post stories but please follow these guidelines.
-Stories should to be related to the game. No real world stuff.

-Stories should be lighthearted and fun. It is ok to poke fun at the game, and how we feel about things, but it should not be too pointed.

In the interest of creating a recognizable community of players and events, it is ok to use characters and reference story lines created by other writers, unless those writers express they do not wish you to do so.

Thank you all for your support in Posting and also reading The Daily Spud
Post edited by RosyStarling on

Comments

• freerange (US1)freerange (US1) Posts: 135
    edited 31.03.2014
    Scandal on the Gourmet Farm!

While doing some excavation in preparation for the upcoming upgrade, Handy Joe discovered the skeleton of a pig. Workers are horrified as it is now believed someone has been eating BACON! While the culprit has yet to be discovered, onlookers began pointing fingers at the workers who live in the blue house. One angry bystander was overheard saying, "They always were a little different from the rest of us. You'd think their house was made of gold the way they act!"
  • Earthy3Earthy3 Posts: 6
    edited 31.03.2014
    Story behind the 3000 cabbage eating turtle from Hawaii. Shelly can't be a normal turtle, with a 3000 cabbage snack the turtle has got to be the size of Texas. This whole world is predicting a Zombie Apocalypse when maybe the people of the farm should fear the ginormous turtle whose not only ginormous but uses the towns people to collect coconuts for her coconut canon. Shelly is a super turtle with x-ray vision and ninja like skills, as much ninja as a slowly moving turtle can be anyways. With that in mind at least with the turtle as the cause of the Apocalypse it'll take a while for her to travel. Still have to be careful one step and the farm is finished. She is a strong turtle too seeing as she drinks so much milk, that much and one would have to be like the Hulk.

Low and behold after 6 days the cabbage munching Shelly disappears for weeks at a time, no one can say for sure where she disappears too.
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 01.04.2014
    More! Please! Enquiring minds want to know! :S
    edited 02.04.2014
    EARTHQUAKE!

Last night the Gourmet farm experienced a 6.2 magnitude earthquake. Many buildings were swallowed up in a giant hole and the subsequent mudslide pushed all of the houses and decos to one side of the farm. Workers were running about quite upset. At first many thought the loud rumbling noise was the aliens returning, but Mayor Manewer reminded them the aliens don't come until next week.

Reconstruction has already begun in the wake of the disaster. While some are hard at work on the recovery, many can still be found snacking on baked goods in the tea house or sunning themselves on the Hawaiian beach. When asked for a comment about the new construction under way Tinker Tommy replied, "In my day we didn't have such newfangled things. If a goat wanted a dandelion it just went out in the field and ate it!"
  • Sue-ana (US1)Sue-ana (US1) US1 Posts: 33
    edited 02.04.2014
    Witness's Report Sparkling Lights In Sky!!!

I was over at Tommy Tractors farm and we heard voices coming from behind the barn some of the farm hands were playing cards on their break out back . They were betting happiness
    One said "I match your fountain and raise you a wishing well" as he pushed a small puddle of water towards the center of the table.
    I am not sure how that game ended because I heard a scream followed by clucking and a lot of commotion coming from the chicken coop so I jogged over to find Chicken Little on top the coop pointing up saying... " The sky is falling!! The sky is falling!!" I looked up into the sky. A farm worker said “It’s a bird. no it is a plane“… No I said it is a sparkling box hovering over the farm, but what is that smell? Is it full of dung?
    edited 04.04.2014
    Vandalism breaks out on farm.

There have been increasing reports of vandalism on the farm. At first it was suspected to be the hijinks of idle Gourmet farm workers. But soon Mrs. Busybody noticed that is was only Ice cream trucks that were being tipped over and bashed about. It turns out the workers didn't think they were such great decorations once they no longer contained Marzipan ice cream. Mayor Manewer tried valiantly to get the air service up and running so that he could bring in a supply from the big city. But it was Mrs. Landry's practicality that saved the day. She got out an ice cream churn, tossed in the ingredients for fruitcake, and presto! Cherry-peach ice cream was served. Just to be on the safe side, the Ice cream trucks are now guarded by dragons at night.
    edited 04.04.2014
    The Poop Scoop: Origin on Big Farm Easter Eggs

Some of you may have noticed that the easter eggs started showing up soon after the gourmet farm. You see the goats got out of their pins and into the Foreman's Mexican blanket collection. The goats eventually wandered back to their homes after their nice snack. Unknowingly the Foreman fertilized the barley fields with the goat poop. Donkeys were fed and the donkey poop was used to fertilize the ducks crop.

The duckies begin laying multicolored supersized eggs. The chicken, seeing their avian competition one-uping them, coerced the donkeys to paint their eggs for them so they to could have grade a fancy easter eggs. They can't let the ducks win after all- they already produce more eggs than them and the chicks will be damned it the ducks eggs are better.

As the cycle repeats over and over, the eggs spread everywhere. And now we have to find them all.
    So good luck everyone with your mutant easter eggs!
  • Mitsumi2Mitsumi2 Posts: 132
    edited 04.04.2014
    This thread just made my day XD
    edited 04.04.2014
    Thanks farmerjohn and mitsumi. Feel free to contribute stories of your own :-)
    edited 05.04.2014
    I second that :)
  • wahaj23wahaj23 Posts: 592
    edited 05.04.2014
    Hahaha! This thread is GREAT! Loving all the stories! Keep it up guys and gals. I also made my first banner in my entire life and it's for The Daily Spud! However, does anyone know how to put a link in a signature pic so that anyone who clicks on it is taken straight to this thread? To show your support download my signature pic and upload it onto your sig!
  • Solanaxxxx (US1)Solanaxxxx (US1) US1 Posts: 8
    edited 05.04.2014
    Great Stories
    edited 05.04.2014
    Wahaj23 that is a great banner really awesome Thank you so much. Feel free to post your stories also I just know there is something exciting happening on your farm or in your barn at your banner print shop :)
    edited 05.04.2014
    Sue-ana wrote: »
    Wahaj23 that is a great banner really awesome Thank you so much. Feel free to post your stories also I just know there is something exciting happening on your farm or in your barn at your banner print shop :)

I'm a REALLY bad writer and you would probably lose viewers if I started writing though I may write if I think of something interesting. And everybody who likes this thread then spread the word and support it!

P.s: Does anyone know how to compress links into single words? cus' that link in my sig is looking ugly.
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 05.04.2014
    Inspectors at the Farm Products Marketplace were shocked to discover that a growing number of eggs sold there by farmers were not actually chicken eggs at all, but were those of DUCKS! Even more disturbing is that upon extensive testing of the milk being sold, much of it was found to be contaminated by a small percentage of milk from GOATS! A spokesman for the Market claims that it's "no big deal", and that consumers need not be concerned. But many consumer groups are outraged and demanding a thorough investigation. You heard it here first at "THE DAILY SPUD".
  • ezio auditore3ezio auditore3 Posts: 2,399
    edited 05.04.2014
    I'm in Big Farm where a lot of farmers are reporting that their dogs run away for hours and when they do return, they comeback with huge piles of farm goods and money. A lot of farmers that believe in folk tales say that this is the lost treasure of Farmer Spud. Farmer Spud was a legendary farmer because according to the stories,(If you believe them) He didn't have a single production facility on his farm! It was just decorations but still he used to make millions of dollars somehow. Some believe that he had a secret place where farm produce would just emerge out of the ground and better yet, many believe that that place is where the dogs are finding things from. Big farm authorities released a few dogs and decided to follow them but then lost the dogs at the river crossing. The dogs mysteriously returned hours later with 1000s of pigs. Needless to say, there was a huge BBQ party afterwards :D

This has been Ezio reporting from Big farm :)
    edited 05.04.2014
    Thanks so much for the banner and publicity wahaj! It looks like Ezio knows how to compress links in to words.

Thanks farmerjohn and Ezio for your contributions. HILARIOUS! I have tears rolling down my face :-)
    edited 05.04.2014
    freerange6 wrote: »
    Thanks so much for the banner and publicity wahaj! It looks like Ezio knows how to compress links in to words.

Thanks farmerjohn and Ezio for your contributions. HILARIOUS! I have tears rolling down my face :-)

Thanks! Waiting for more stories, keep it up everyone! Loving'em! Though I don't see why your pic is different in size?
    edited 05.04.2014
    To compress links into signatures, first type what you want to compress it to for example 'click here' and then highlight it. After that, click the tool that looks like a globe with a white infinity symbol on it (it's in the bar where you post image URLs and other things. It'll ask for the URL, paste it and the the text you inserted (for example 'click here') will be wrapped in 2 [url] tags :D Good luck :)[/url]
  • edited 05.04.2014
    Ezio I have always wondered where my dog got all that stuff from, and now I know. :p

Anyway, I really like all these news reports, they are very well written and I enjoy reading them very much.
    Great job everyone :D

~Space~
  • pop1pop1 Posts: 341
    edited 05.04.2014
    Great great great thread :thumbsup: keep reporting !
  • Kat Nip (GB1)Kat Nip (GB1) GB1 Posts: 3,796
    edited 06.04.2014
    I'm waiting to read the next report! Keep them coming guys, it's a fantastic thread. :D

Kat. Kittie_by_otomosc.gif
  • Hayseed LilHayseed Lil Posts: 81
    edited 06.04.2014
    And this is Hayseed Lil reporting a great phenomenon. It was about 11:15 p.m. EST today when I was strolling through the gourmet farm...just minding my own business (now if you believe that, the Brooklyn Bridge is for sale again) and taking care of business as any good farm woman would. Lo and behold, one of my workers, Slim Pickins, handed me a gift...you know how workers do...was it $5? Nope. Was it $10? Nope. Was it $15? Nope...but any of those amounts would have made me feel rich....would you believe it....he gave me $100!!! No kidding!!! Talk about the generosity of country folk! Now, it was a pretty slow news day, but wait till tomorrow....who knows what will happen in our land, or knowing Mother Nature, what will happen to our land tomorrow....hope it doesn't snow yet again like it did today! Well, for now I have to make a decision where to spend my new-found riches...perhaps I might buy some more seeds or fertilizer down at the general store....I'll keep you posted!
    edited 06.04.2014
    Sue-ana here and I received an anonymous call with the following message I am not sure who left it but something really strange is happening on the farm. I will keep you updated as I investigate this strange situation.

"Do you ever feel like your walking around in circles with a paper sack over your head? not covering your head I mean hovering over your head... I wonder what would be in it?. I tried looking up once but did not see anything took a few more steps and there was that feeling again. Like the pressure you feel when you have a balloon full of water in your hand. Than I heard a pig oink,right above my head and a Swoosh and it was gone. I bet those aliens have something to do with this... has to be them I just know it."
    edited 06.04.2014
    Pranking Pigs

Farmer Jane was talking with her Farming friends a couple days ago about the pranking twins that kept visiting her farm, little did she know that at the exact moment someone had set her pigs free! The Pigsty was surrounded by a mysterious purple haze and Farmer Jane knew she shouldn't have said nothing. The whole afternoon was spent chasing the pigs down as if she were in some type of rodeo. Wilbur and Miss Piggy squealed and ran and frolicked all over the farm that day. It was all fun and games until they begin rooting up the cabbages as an afternoon snack. She chased them off yelling, "Stay outta of my cabbages you walking BLTs!" figuring they were better off anywhere but in her hard worked fields.

But the ran off the farm altogether! Out the gate and into the park across the way! They beautiful blue lake was now a muddled pig bath. Farmer Jane pulled the workers from the pigsty and set them on capturing the escaped pigs. Mean while she was banking on the workers fixing the gate in time. She set up her chair out at that park and watched her workers chase the pigs for the rest of the day. Nothing has ever been more entertaining on her quaint little farm. Yet still she plotted her revenge.

Those little pranksters.

:) Hope you all liked it.

Happy Saturday,

Earthy :)
    edited 06.04.2014
    Skyrocketing land prices!

As redevelopment continues on the Gourmet farm, people are eager to live next to the hip new construction. As a consequence, land prices have shot up dramatically. Mrs. Jones told us, "I've just got to have a house by that new duck pond! I'm even thinking of getting that cute little birdhouse." Other workers are not quite so pleased. They are concerned that skyrocketing land prices will lead to overcrowding and a lack of interesting things to look at. Concern has also been expressed that the new bakery will not support such an inflationary economic cycle. However, Mayor Manewer has reassured them that change is good for prosperity. "People sometimes forget", he said, "that we have other revenue streams. I recently obtained funding for a new donkey breeding program. And when the carnival sets up shop in the tents outside the farm our baked goods will be selling like hotcakes!"
    edited 06.04.2014
    For anyone who wishes to support The Daily Spud, copy and paste the following code into your signature and then remove the spaces in the url and image tags (this one leads straight to this thread):

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Cm9V0Np.png[/ IMG][/ URL][/img]
    edited 06.04.2014
    Thanks for all the support everyone!

I'm excited to see new contributors. Thanks Hayseed Lil :-) I'm waiting to hear what your workers do next.

Thanks for the url tip Ezio.
    edited 06.04.2014
    No problem :D Happy to help :)
  • Cow12345 (US1)Cow12345 (US1) US1 Posts: 7
    edited 06.04.2014
    Farmer K here, reporting to you for the Daily Spud.

It appears that my daughter, Lady E, has been leaving her children's books and our old manual typewriter near the cow sheds again. A strange click-clack noise was heard from the sheds last night. This morning a note was attached to the cow shed door. It read:

"News from the G-Farm ducks...
    Donkeys are eating better than us COWs..
    We are demanding dandy-lion food..."

In seems that the Ducks, or maybe the Cows, are a bit confused. One thing is clear, they are demanding variety in their diet. Feeding the cows the goat food is not practical today, since our truck is broken down. We have no way to transport the food between the farms. The cows were fed their regular diet of wheat this morning. I can tell you that the cows are not happy today.

We will keep you updated as this story unfolds. Good luck with your cows. Consider clipping the wings of the ducks, so they cannot spread this news of interesting gourmet animal food to your main-farm animals.
Sign In to comment.