Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update - March 31 - The Gourmet Farm Rework - Discussion

Comments

• Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    edited 01.04.2014
    LCCGamer wrote: »
    Everyone seems to be talking about the bakery problems. This is understandable.

Has anyone else had issues with growing enough food for the animals?

I have been looking at the numbers and it seems I will need to run 4 fields around the clock to produce enough food for 1 goat + 1 duck + 1 donkey. I had hoped to at least produce some dung with the farm but there appears to be too few plants growing in each field. I do not know if this resolves itself significantly with upgrades.
    im finding it hard to get the feed built up also i have 6 fields and upgraded 2 to level 2 so far and it is the same as the main farm fields eg : if you where growing corn but takes longer thats for dandelions
  • AlainaSAlainaS Posts: 47
    edited 01.04.2014
    Why does it cost twice the amount of money to upgrade buildings from level 1 to level 2? I have buildings on my main farm at higher levels that don't cost nearly as much to upgrade.
    edited 01.04.2014
    uksharon3 wrote: »
    im finding it hard to get the feed built up also i have 6 fields and upgraded 2 to level 2 so far and it is the same as the main farm fields eg : if you where growing corn but takes longer thats for dandelions
    im thinking fully upgraded water tower needed oe workshop which ever is the one that helps the most i have both and i can never work out which does what but i know they help a lot
  • Anna_V (GB1)Anna_V (GB1) GB1 Posts: 4
    edited 01.04.2014
    Let’s take a look on simple math:
    If I just sell the 750 eggs and 600 apples needed to make the apple pie in the bakery I will get 39600 dollars… If I make the 175 pie using them I get 38500dollars!!! So, I lose 1100 dollars +plus the money spend to produce corn, food, fertilizer, eggs, apples and of course pies!!!
    I am working with -79% in my main and -65% in my gfarm, I don’t even want to imagine what a loss these pies are for people that are working with +% in any farm!!!
    What is this? TOTAL STEALING!! 8-((
    We need to have more time to recover the gourmet farm, cause now we also need to get back the money we lost by producing in the bakery!!!
  • JunaidGamerPlayJunaidGamerPlay Posts: 4
    edited 01.04.2014
    Farmland price has also been increased so it's unfair towards those who have not yet bought it. Those who have already bought before the changes are more profitable.
    edited 01.04.2014
    Yes, I also noticed that... but I thought it was my eyes!!:)
  • melo43melo43 Posts: 3
    edited 01.04.2014
    Yeah, my thoughts exactly! REALLY???? seems like much ado about nothing. It resembles the main farm. I didn't want another silo--- had one on main... not needing another composter... nothing new there. The changes do not impress me. I am all about change.... but progressive change..... So far I don't see any progress to something new and exciting. You could have just added onto existing... not demolish and rebuild your grandparents house. I guess I'll wait for the fireworks..... so far not impressed. Not to mention the compensation wasn't great.... to add insult to injury...Sucks because you could have went with so many different but great changes... and this was it???? :huh:?(
    edited 01.04.2014
    Sorry to say but you really luck simple math capacities:

600 apples + 750 eggs are needed for a pie

If I sell the apples and eggs I get 39,600 dollars, if I take the pain to make the 175 pies I can make with these eggs and apples I earn 38,500 dollars!!!

How much do I lose?

Answer: I don't just lose 1,100 (39,600-38,500=1,100) but also the money and time spend to produce corn, food, fertilizer, eggs, apples and of course pies!!!
    edited 01.04.2014
    what about the library books bought for milk, eggs why don't they count on the gourmet farm

oh are we getting a second set of library books for the gourmet farm ?
  • EricaJ (US1)EricaJ (US1) Posts: 202
    edited 01.04.2014
    uksharon3 wrote: »
    what about the library books bought for milk, eggs why don't they count on the gourmet farm

Those books are specific to the production facilities - chicken coops and cowsheds - and it says so in the descriptions of them.

We do get the benefit of co-op research to increase the value of eggs and milk, though, since the duck eggs and goat milk are in the same inventory slots.

ETA:
    oh are we getting a second set of library books for the gourmet farm ?

I've not seen any announcement about that, but would not be surprised if they are added in some future update.
    Anna_V2 wrote: »
    Answer: I don't just lose 1,100 (39,600-38,500=1,100) but also the money and time spend to produce corn, food, fertilizer, eggs, apples and of course pies!!!

Nonsense. Unless your production costs are exceedingly high, you did make money from those items, based on the actual cost of producing them - although you did not make as much as you would have made had you sold the ingredients without processing them in the bakery.
  • GeorgenollieUseGeorgenollieUse Posts: 1,801
    edited 01.04.2014
    Was just selling my pigs and noticed that there is a darkened transport option - when you scroll over it, it says it is not available yet. Hmmm . . . wondering if this has to do with the boat or plane we see on the background? Are they finally giving us another way to profit off of pigs? And since I haven't built one yet does the donkeys also have this not available transport option too?
    edited 01.04.2014
    would not surprise me either... i can hear the cogs going on ggs ching ching
  • jules314 (US1)jules314 (US1) US1 Posts: 399
    edited 01.04.2014
    I too agree with other people stating that in order to actually make a profit on your bakery's goods, you need to be in a cooperative that has the research done. Our group has 4 levels of the Fruit cake with Cream research done and so for us, we actually make money on this. We are going to do the very last level for this research project. We don't have more than 26 people right now, so after this we are stuck and can't go further. Fruit cake is at least profitable for us and so we'll keep upgrading our bakeries. Yet ....

Because our group has ALSO researched all the main farm's projects, we make a ridiculous profit on the other things you would otherwise see a loss in the bakery. Apples, milk, eggs, they all sell for more than the baked goods. For us, we are selling our raw products that do not go into Fruit Cake.

So this could be a way for cooperatives to gain new members, such that we'd see applications come from those who may want to pursue the gourmet farm's bakery building.

Otherwise, I'd suggest building a LOT of almond orchards (for the flower farm's shop) for now, and then see what happens when an event and tasks start to show up on the gourmet farm.

Who misses marzipan ice cream and Rita's salad??! I sure do.
    edited 01.04.2014
    Was just selling my pigs and noticed that there is a darkened transport option - when you scroll over it, it says it is not available yet. Hmmm . . . wondering if this has to do with the boat or plane we see on the background? Are they finally giving us another way to profit off of pigs? And since I haven't built one yet does the donkeys also have this not available transport option too?
    yes donkeys have one too
  • jules314 (US1)jules314 (US1) US1 Posts: 399
    edited 01.04.2014
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgenollieUse

"Was just selling my pigs and noticed that there is a darkened transport option - when you scroll over it, it says it is not available yet. Hmmm . . . wondering if this has to do with the boat or plane we see on the background? Are they finally giving us another way to profit off of pigs? And since I haven't built one yet does the donkeys also have this not available transport option too?"

Flying pigs... ha ha ha, sorry just made me chuckle.

Part of me thinks there could be a "transfer to cooperative member" feature coming?
  • JonathanB (GB1)JonathanB (GB1) Posts: 5
    edited 01.04.2014
    I've just noticed that the amount of XP for the task for getting the next piece of land on the main farm (the third from last) has reduced from 1,000 to 100 with the latest update. What is the reason for this? As far as I can tell, this disadvantages people who aren't as advanced, as it reduces the number of XP available.
    edited 01.04.2014
    JonathanB3 wrote: »
    I've just noticed that the amount of XP for the task for getting the next piece of land on the main farm (the third from last) has reduced from 1,000 to 100 with the latest update. What is the reason for this? As far as I can tell, this disadvantages people who aren't as advanced, as it reduces the number of XP available.

Official explanation is that they had to do this with the gourmet update - the tasks in the gourmet farm plus the tasks on the main farm should equal the same amount for the level you are at - making it more fair. There is a comment from Nafaru some place in this forum with the official wording if you want to look for it.
  • Ala123Ala123 Posts: 52
    edited 01.04.2014
    Latten wrote: »
    Yeah, about that graph :D

So I have good and bad news! The bad news is there won't be a graph today.

The good news though is, due to our balancers making that graph, they kinda realized you guys were right in some points, so we will now rework some of the output you'll get from the bakery :) We won't add huge numbers here, of course, but it will be a lot more reasonable even for earlier levels than it is right now.

So, no graph for now, but a YES for both us working on the money you'll get from the bakery and added XP, also for bakery productions.

I'd say that's a good tradeoff!

And there is no point in using anything in the Gourmet Farm when you can do the same thing in the Main and get around 6 times more XP.
    ? wrote: »
    will need to run 4 fields around the clock to produce enough food for 1 goat + 1 duck + 1 donkey. I had hoped to at least produce some dung with the farm but there appears to be too few plants growing in each field. I do not know if this resolves itself significantly with upgrades.

So some quick numbers from my farms as they stand:
    I need 1.55 fields of corn to get 10 chicken feed
    1.14 fields cabbage for 10 pig feed
    0.86 fields wheat for 10 feed
    1.9 fields dandelions
    3.05 fields barley
    2.06 fields lambs greens
    It is the barley and the greens which hurt the most since they take so long to grow.
    ? wrote: »
    COMPARING ORCHARDS:
    Apple 425 / 3hrs @ $56 = $23,800 = $6,200 / hr LEVEL 4 ( 40)
    Cherry 300/12hrs @ $207 = $60,000 = $5,000/hr LEVEL: 4 (43)
    Peaches 270/14hrs @ $100 = $27,000 = $2,000/hr LEVEL 2 (41)
    Almonds 215/4hrs @ 90 = $20,000 = $2,800/hr LEVEL 3 (46)

So the biggest price in the Bakery is for Fruit Cake - $248,000 (400 x $620)
    Milk 1,600 - 7 hours ( with 6 Cowpens @ 290 milk each)
    Peaches 600 - 28 hours ( 240 peaches every 14 hours)
    Cherries 700 - 36 hours ( 250 every 12 hours)
    plus 8 hours in the Bakery gives minumum production time of 36+8 = 44 hours
    for $248,000
    That's $5,500 / hour
    I can make $7,000 / hour just selling apples (425 every 3 hours @ $56) when at $100 / peach make only $1,700 / hour selling the peaches
    edited 01.04.2014
    Ala123 wrote: »
    And there is no point in using anything in the Gourmet Farm when you can do the same thing in the Main and get around 6 times more XP.

There have been many times where I have had to use gold to finish a mission or event because I needed 100 more milk over my last harvest and did not have time to wait 7 hours for the next harvest. Now I can get those milk from goats in an hour or two. The multiple stations at both farms vary in time and the amount of inventory needed so they offer players more options to play around their schedule . . . I think after playing with them for a while more players are going to find out how beneficial this is. The bakery on the other hand is on hold until the reconfigure the prices.
  • MEJAKK2MEJAKK2 Posts: 4
    edited 01.04.2014
    Bakery is not bringing in profit, 600 apples, 750 eggs costs me 48600$, and for 175 apple turnovers i get 38500$. Why?
    thank you, and i ook forward to a quick response.
    Kindest regards from Croatia
    MejaKK
    edited 01.04.2014
    They made a mistake and are trying to fix it . . . that is why the bakery is not showing a profit.
    Latten wrote: »
    Yeah, about that graph :D

So I have good and bad news! The bad news is there won't be a graph today.

The good news though is, due to our balancers making that graph, they kinda realized you guys were right in some points, so we will now rework some of the output you'll get from the bakery :) We won't add huge numbers here, of course, but it will be a lot more reasonable even for earlier levels than it is right now.

So, no graph for now, but a YES for both us working on the money you'll get from the bakery and added XP, also for bakery productions.

I'd say that's a good tradeoff!
  • GamerConciselo1GamerConciselo1 Posts: 2
    edited 01.04.2014
    I do not understand why they took the fields out of our gourmet farm. Mine were already at level 2 and now I have to rebuild them. I know money was given for them, but it still takes time to get them back up to the level I had. Seems that it would have been better to leave them and let us continue from there.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 106,969
    edited 01.04.2014
    Hello,

I'm busy with the new gourmet farm. I was quite happy about it. I have now build my bakery and have calculated the costs and to me it seems it's better to sell the products in stead of using it in the bakery for baking. It gives me more money if i just sell my apples, peaches, milk and eggs and stuff. That can't be how you wanted it i assume. So i don't think i need a bakery on the farm. Am i right?
  • SukitaSukita Posts: 15
    edited 01.04.2014
    omg! first it was 4x lv 5 cows for like 1100 xp now its only 120.. i was so looking forward to the xp bonus .. why is it all going down? every nice aspect gets ruined.. first the bakery and now the xp from quest on main farm.. what will be the next thing.. xp getting reduced by 90% is just not cool.. ;/
  • tracey40 (GB1)tracey40 (GB1) Posts: 113
    edited 01.04.2014
    forgot to add quote!
  • tracey40 (GB1)tracey40 (GB1) Posts: 113
    edited 01.04.2014
    Latten,

With restaurant and flower farm I guess there is no loss from first level irrespective of researches.Right?So why with Gourmet Farm?Forget about upgrading to maximum and all researches done.

1.There are many guys out there who do not want to be part of cooperative and they like it that way.So what happens to them?Force them to play in a cooperative?

2.What happens to low level players from 31st level since Bakery is available from that level?They have to run bakery at loss?

3.In one of your previous posts in happiness thread you mentioned about good profits with Gourmet Farm?Is this good profit really?

Anyway I am posting a table where you can see the maximum profit you can get with Fruit Cream Cake.Pass it on to your balance team and compare it with old restaurant and flower farm and please ask the balance team how about players from level 31.

Fruit cake with cream =400*620=248000 , with 20% from researches 297600
    research number of dollars selling fruit cake 5% (maximum)=312480

For 8hrs the maximum profit you can get is $ 80005

Level-1
    Milk :-1600 *35=56000
    Cherries:-700*225=157500
    Peaches:-600*100=60000
    Total=273500
    Loss=25,500 Profit=24100(with 20% researches) and Profit=38980

Level 2
    Milk :-1560 *35=54600
    Cherries:-680*225=153000
    Peaches:-585*100=58500
    Total=266100
    Loss=18100, Profit=31500 and 46380

Level 3
    Milk :-1520*35=53200
    Cherries:-665*225=149625
    Peaches:-570*100=57000
    Total=259825
    Loss=11825,Profit=37775 and 52655

Level 4
    Milk :-1480 *35=51800
    Cherries:-645*225=145125
    Peaches:-555*100=55500
    Total=252425
    Loss=4425,Profit=45175 and 60055

Level 5
    Milk :-1440 *35=50400
    Cherries:-630*225=141750
    Peaches:-540*100=54000
    Total=246150
    Profit=1850,Profit=51450 and 66330

Level 6
    Milk :-1400 *35=49000
    Cherries:-610*225=137250
    Peaches:-525*100=52500
    Total=238750
    Profit=9250,Profit=58850 and 73730

Level 7
    Milk :-1360 *35=47600
    Cherries:-595*225=133875
    Peaches:-510*100=51000
    Total=232475
    Profit=15525,Profit=65125 and 80005

Instead of telling us to upgrade to maximum and complete all researches because it was never like that with Resto or Shop.We earned profits right away irrespective of researches or level of resto/shop.How far is it fair?May be they have done wrong calculations.Ask them about all players instead forcing players to upgrade to maximum and complete researches and then give us advice that we will earn profit.

This is really useful. Thanks so much for taking the time to work it out. I worked out that I could achieve the same level of profit from selling 1454 apples. I'm turning my GF over to almonds - working on the same time frame (8 hours) and 5 level 6 trees, I can make 200,100 profit.
    edited 01.04.2014
    I do not understand why they took the fields out of our gourmet farm. Mine were already at level 2 and now I have to rebuild them. I know money was given for them, but it still takes time to get them back up to the level I had. Seems that it would have been better to leave them and let us continue from there.

They removed them because the new fields are much smaller and something like that cannot be resized easily in a game.
  • Irish30 (US1)Irish30 (US1) Posts: 264
    edited 02.04.2014
    I have always enjoyed playing this game and in fact became from the start a huge fan as you can tell by reading my posts from day one. So when the discussion of the happiness came up and my loved ones who play the game became upset...I took a way and see stand and make excuses and said that GGs would change their minds. Of course I was wrong. Then the Gourmet farm update came near and I said well now GGS can give back some of the lost goodwill by helping the players get back some of the income they had lost. Well seems I was wrong again. Like the old saying goes "Fool me once shame on you...fool me twice shame on me." So I return to my loved ones ashamed, giving them a hug and hoping they will forgive a stubborn Irishman and give him a second..no fifty chance. Be safe and hug the ones you love because believe me you'll need their forgiveness more than once
  • ArtmakerArtmaker Posts: 415
    edited 02.04.2014
    NOt sure if this is a bug or what, but every time I go to harvest the bakery, I don't see my total dollars in my account budge at all. Now once, I moved to the main farm and back and then it jumped. But that's not right.
    Shouldn't you see the amount go up as soon as you click harvest?

I think until all these things are addressed I may just settle for upgrading everything. Not even try to actually use the stuff.
    edited 02.04.2014
    Artmaker wrote: »
    NOt sure if this is a bug or what, but every time I go to harvest the bakery, I don't see my total dollars in my account budge at all. Now once, I moved to the main farm and back and then it jumped. But that's not right.
    Shouldn't you see the amount go up as soon as you click harvest?

I think until all these things are addressed I may just settle for upgrading everything. Not even try to actually use the stuff.

They don't harvest like the old gourmet farm - they harvest like the main farm. If you go in Farm Management and look under the tab with the white pan on it, you will find it all there waiting for you to sell them.
Sign In to comment.