Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update - April 3rd - Trumpety trump (April Fools joke)

Comments

• PriyaGamer22PriyaGamer22 Posts: 2
    edited 01.04.2014
    hilarious joke.....happy fools' day
  • FarmingGamerFarmingGamer Posts: 107
    edited 01.04.2014
    Nafaru wrote: »
    If you put your silo in the right place, happiness should no longer be a problem,

lol why silo next to elephant? :)) elephant directly poos into the silo :O as its so much dung so modify it "put silo behind elephant " lol
  • bøffe (SKN1)bøffe (SKN1) Posts: 383
    edited 01.04.2014
    Thanks for a good laugh Nafaru
    :D:D:D8)8)8)
  • edited 01.04.2014
    i'm scared to death really XDDDDD
  • TwizzlerritoTwizzlerrito Posts: 6
    edited 01.04.2014
    The update will take place between 09:00am and 11:00pm UTF-8.

LOL UTF-8 isn't a time zone... Nice inside joke for nerds though.. LOLOLOLOL
  • edited 01.04.2014
    besides, the workers on my farm are all walking backwards, am i the only one?
  • CM NafaruCM Nafaru Posts: 1,325
    edited 01.04.2014
    luna839 wrote: »
    please tell us what u r going to demolish next so we won't start building that first hand

Now that you mention it, there are plans to demolish the mill on the main farm already.
    You will then be able to feed leaves to chicken, pigs and cows instead. ;)
  • BlueFarmerGirl (GB1)BlueFarmerGirl (GB1) Posts: 1,882
    edited 01.04.2014
    Hahahaha good aprils joke :D
    Farmer having elephant as a pet :p
  • luckiest charm11luckiest charm11 Posts: 6
    edited 01.04.2014
    Are you guys sure that isn't April Fool update?
  • Prince Krishna2Prince Krishna2 Posts: 228
    edited 01.04.2014
    odd or even number logins what it means
  • luna839 (IN1)luna839 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 153
    edited 01.04.2014
    u gotta be kidding me.................... but why are you making changes in main farm now? i mean we just started working with the gourmet farm yesterday and so now from which farm should we earn money?
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 01.04.2014
    Happy April's Fool! Great laugh!
  • copperbeech (GB1)copperbeech (GB1) Posts: 226
    edited 01.04.2014
    No work from my workers today - they are all walking backwards !
    Very funny to watch even my dog Goldie is bemused and is going round in circles.
    Happy farming on April fools day.
    edited 01.04.2014
    Are you guys sure that isn't April Fool update?

I'm sorry... I know the date can throw you off, but we always have to post update announcements roughly 2 days in advance, so posting on April 1st was unavoidable. :(
  • tampoon (INT1)tampoon (INT1) Posts: 197
    edited 01.04.2014
    Now that you mention it, there are plans to demolish the mill on the main farm already.
    You will then be able to feed leaves to chicken, pigs and cows instead. ;)

No, please demolish the silo and composter as we already got more beautiful ones in gourmet farm.
    edited 01.04.2014
    odd or even number logins what it means

I'm glad you're asking, Prince Krishna2.

Your user ID is quite easy to calculate. Just take the amount of letters you used for your user name, devide it by the number of the date you joined the forums and then add 1 = this will give you a rough estimation of your user id (you will be able to tell if it's odd or even).

For you this means: Prince Krishna has 14 letters. You joined the forums on march 16th. 14 devided by 16 is 0.875. 0.875 + 1 = 1.875. Round it and you get 2. This is an even number, which means you will only be able to play on saturdays, but not sundays. :D
  • Sweet_soumi2Sweet_soumi2 Posts: 6
    edited 01.04.2014
    27x32???????
  • luna839 (IN1)luna839 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 153
    edited 01.04.2014
    we won't be able to play everyday? all servers will have this problem??????
    edited 01.04.2014
    I'm glad you're asking, Prince Krishna2.

Your user ID is quite easy to calculate. Just take the amount of letters you used for your user name, devide it by the number of the date you joined the forums and then add 1 = this will give you a rough estimation of your user id (you will be able to tell if it's odd or even).

For you this means: Prince Krishna has 14 letters. You joined the forums on march 16th. 14 devided by 16 is 0.875. 0.875 + 1 = 1.875. Round it and you get 2. This is an even number, which means you will only be able to play on saturdays, but not sundays. :D

so
    nafaru have 6 letter
    you join forum on 10

6 divide by 10 = 0.6 +1 = 1.6 rounded is 2
    2 is a even number
    which means nafaru can only play on saturdays but not sundays
    we both have same day :D
    edited 01.04.2014
    we both have same day

Yay, so we can chat all day on saturday. :D
  • connerkconnerk Posts: 1
    edited 01.04.2014
    I was actually hoping the bakery was the April Fools joke
  • Emm62Emm62 Posts: 101
    edited 01.04.2014
    While your at this update, could we please have a unicorn?? :-) It could eat the fairy dust that shoots from the fountains.
    edited 01.04.2014
    Yay, so we can chat all day on saturday. :D

nafaru you are not working on saturday right ?
    larino told 8|
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    edited 01.04.2014
    It is great we are getting an elephant because an elephant never forgets. Sometimes I forget to do things on the farm but now the elephant will remind me.

Also, can it be a holographic 3D elephant that uses its massive trunk to whack me in the face whenever I start to nod off at the keyboard or even reach into my bedroom and wake me out of a sound sleep when I have to do a harvest?
  • MirahhMirahh Posts: 77
    edited 01.04.2014
    New in the Goodgame Shop: Big Farm Air Refreshers!

This is a good one too ;D

Maybe i buy some Air refreshers, cow and dandelion. Cow-smell my fathers car...
    edited 01.04.2014
    prank from latten too
    latten give me a perfume for free
  • mystie71mystie71 Posts: 59
    edited 01.04.2014
    mmm we dont have a use for the pigs...like BACON,,so i see no use for peanuts:)
  • mariachi (RO1)mariachi (RO1) Posts: 7,850
    edited 01.04.2014
    Even if I appreciate the prank itself (it's very funny, very elaborate, very good ideas, not only the Elephant, but all other small stuff in the "update"), I can't stop myself thinking that maybe you should have put the same kind effort in the real update, the one from yesterday, with the Bakery and all...

Your team has made a fool of itself. They should keep this update out of their resumes, otherwise they might not get hired anywhere else when GGS will close due to lack of players... ;)
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    edited 01.04.2014
    The message character limit was way too high, messages will now be 20 characters long at max.

Absolutely ludicrous. GGS finally have a chance to do something decent with this problem and they only make half a go at it. No one wants to type in more than about 5 characters anymore, yet we are still expected to do as many as 20 in spite of numerous complaints about this. Typing in too many characters is a tedious chore and takes all the fun out of the game. Oh, but I'm sure we will be able to limit it to 5 with some gold in the future since we know clearly that's all GGS is about these days!
    Due to critical server issues on weekends, we will limit entry to the game to players with either odd or even User-IDs. To get information about your personal User-ID, check the discussion thread.

What about three day weekends? What happens then? You didn't think of that, did you! But I did. Why do I have to do all your thinking for you?
    Drop chance of event items have been lowered to 1.4%, since they were way too easy to obtain.

Still too easy. I suggest a random percentage that hovers between 0.5 to -0.5%. When it generates a negative percentage while harvesting, the game takes back some of the items you previously got. If you run out, it should even take back décor you won from previous events if they are still in the drop box or inventory. That will teach the players not to hoard them to allow mass production farms but place them on the farms as is their design.
    Due to players abusing issues with the word "farm", this word won't be usable in ingame messages or chat any more.

Might I also suggest other offensive words such as "stable", "good" "field", "games" "gourmet", "flower" and "studio". I don't even want to go into how these words have been abused at times, and the things said in the chat rooms - absolutely disgusting!
    Since players reported problems identifying their buildings, we will now show all buildings as level 1 buildings, regardless of their actual level

I think level 0 would be more practical.
    Premium color changed to pink

I don't have a problem with this as long as you include white pokadots.
    Due to player complains about the new boosted progress bars, we removed all progress bars from the game.

Players now make little progress in this game so this is quite appropriate.
    Master builder appearance adjusted. He will now only appear once a year on his birthday, April 1st.

Still too often IMHO. He should only appear on February 29th.
  • Jiesta (NL1)Jiesta (NL1) Posts: 6,557
    edited 01.04.2014
    All you devs + mods must have had the time of your life coming up with these jokes. I can only imagine how you all must have laughed your asses off! Great prank!
Sign In to comment.