Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update - March 31 - The Gourmet Farm Rework - Discussion

Comments

• bigpapa12bigpapa12 Posts: 87
    edited 31.03.2014
    I see it only getting worse from here with every1. Once they realize the peaches are totally pointless as well unless you like throwing money out the window I guess then you may be onto something. I guess if you have so much fertilizer that you can't possibly use it all on apples cherries or almolds I suppose lol
  • GeorgenollieUseGeorgenollieUse Posts: 1,801
    edited 31.03.2014
    Mirahh wrote: »
    Latten, Nafaru anyone???

Reminder - they are operating on German time so it is probably near the end of their work day so I don't suspect you are going to get an answer until tomorrow. :(
  • CateMCateM Posts: 1
    edited 31.03.2014
    After reading here, I checked; it seems many main farm quests have had XP reduced in the vicinity of 80%. E.g., I had at least one task with a 480XP reward that is now 60XP.
    Mirahh wrote: »
    Latten, Nafaru anyone???
    What happenend to my XP: at main farm???? I want them back!! There are tasks and a looot of XP:S coming, after i have enoug money. Butt after the update, there left only 75 and so on! Cow shed to level 5 was about 300 xp, and 3 apple orchads about the same. Where is those XP now!!!!!
    I relly want them back!!!

Has anyone else seen this problem?
  • NeVeSis (US1)NeVeSis (US1) Posts: 66
    edited 31.03.2014
    It is obvious for all of us, that this new bakery as it is - does not make any sense, it does not even make cents, not talking of dollars... And if it makes profit in the long run (after all upgrades and research is done), how on earth you are supposed to earn all those millions needed to pay for the research and upgrades? Thank goodness, for the flower farm and honey cream, hope you are not planning any changes there

Indeed, I started a thread specially for that in the "Suggestions, praise and criticism" section:
    http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/showthread.php?103754-New-Bakery-not-profitable

Basically, with all our current and allegedly equivalent research, the most profitable dish in the bakery is the Fruit Cake, which brings in about 10k$ per hour. If we compare with the flower farm, the Soaps bring in bit less than 100k$/h and the Honey cream about 70k$/h.

The most profitable dish from the old restaurant was the Marzipan Ice Cream and it gave me a profit of about 50k$/h. Now with 10k$/h, this is just ridiculous...
  • VlknudsonUser1VlknudsonUser1 Posts: 7
    edited 31.03.2014
    I have eggs & apples listed in farm management under produce but when I try to make apple turnovers in my new bakery it says I dont have the ingredients to make it!! I wasted hard earned gold on this! What a bummer!
  • NeVeSis (US1)NeVeSis (US1) Posts: 66
    edited 31.03.2014
    I have eggs & apples listed in farm management under produce but when I try to make apple turnovers in my new bakery it says I dont have the ingredients to make it!! I wasted hard earned gold on this! What a bummer!

You have to transfer them to your bakery first... That's the red truck button in the menu when you click on your bakery.
  • GeorgenollieUseGeorgenollieUse Posts: 1,801
    edited 31.03.2014
    you have to use the truck and transfer the inventory
  • SANDRAUser602SANDRAUser602 Posts: 131
    edited 31.03.2014
    QUOTE]
    darren242 wrote: »
    i almost got my calculator out to calculate all the costs of everything that needed to be done against what ive got

then i stopped as i couldnt be ars.........ed!!! its a game, work it out as it goes along , all these quips about non profit ..sheesh i mean cmon do you really expect that is how its meant to work ...............play the game or dont play the game it really is that simple!!

Thanks Darren...you know, you are what you think and how you think...:rolleyes:

It makes you who you are and what you are and what everyone knows you to be..8)
  • svire (INT1)svire (INT1) Posts: 41
    edited 31.03.2014
    Got to say kudos, you made even a worse update than the happiness one, nice job (Y). Now: are you going to give us the rest of the money back(the one we spent on building gf), are you going to do something about these stupid, stupid recipes in bakery, are you going to do something about these building times(56 hours for upgrading bakery to level 7, are you out of your mind :S). You had more than enough time to give us one good update this year, and all you did was screw up reasonably good game. Nice job GGS.
    ps. can someone suggest me some similar games, in PM
  • Tdd7Tdd7 Posts: 34
    edited 31.03.2014
    CateM wrote: »
    After reading here, I checked; it seems many main farm quests have had XP reduced in the vicinity of 80%. E.g., I had at least one task with a 480XP reward that is now 60XP.

This happened to me too. Is this a bug? If it was done deliberately, it is very unfair not to have told us about this ahead of time.
  • MirahhMirahh Posts: 77
    edited 31.03.2014
    I am glad, i am not the only one. Maybe it is not a bug. I think GGS did it again.....
  • ninan (US1)ninan (US1) Posts: 19
    edited 31.03.2014
    I agree- this reduction in XP on main farm is uncalled for. I also had several I was saving up money for, and now they are reduced (e.g. upgrade pig to lev 5 for ca. 450 pts is now 90 pts.). I want a response on this.

Apparently this is the other little surprise Nafaru was talking about... I like some of the changes, but this is really frustrating. (I LOVE the new silo, btw!)
  • VickyFarmerVickyFarmer Posts: 107
    edited 31.03.2014
    i 2 have had my experience cut 2 almost nothing what is up with that?????
    CateM wrote: »
  • All4Fun (US1)All4Fun (US1) Posts: 224
    edited 31.03.2014
    Tdd7 wrote: »
    This happened to me too. Is this a bug? If it was done deliberately, it is very unfair not to have told us about this ahead of time.

It happened to me as well. I had one task worth 700 EXP, and several at 300 EXP reward. Now my highest experience reward is two tasks which give me 200 EXP and the rest around 25-75 EXP on my main farm. Thanks for widening the gap between those at lower and higher levels, now it's even harder to go up in rank or level up.

After reading about the lack of profit in gourmet farm and now this, I officially dislike this update. The only good thing about it is that the buildings are a smaller size on gourmet farm.
  • tocke3tocke3 Posts: 2
    edited 31.03.2014
    hello i want to ask do i get back gold too which i spend for all that buildings? if it possible please pm me thanks
  • edited 31.03.2014
    can someone tell me what the benefit of upgrading new bakery is? I appear to be losing money producing!! not a happy bunny
  • flitterfootflitterfoot Posts: 10
    edited 31.03.2014
    can someone tell me what the benefit of upgrading new bakery is? I appear to be losing money producing!! not a happy bunny

seems that at the moment you'll only make a profit if you have it fully upgraded and have co-op research, or if you are not in a co-op so don't get a bonus on selling eggs, apples etc. There is supposed to be experience gained on the bakery but it's no implemented yet. Apparently the bakery will be looked into but no promises on changes.

Personally I've given up on it and I've moved onto the flower farm, my original idea was to make money using the gourmet and main farm to finance upgrades for flower farm, that isn't going to happen now I'm just losing money on the gourmet farm. So now my plan is to grow dandelions for food for my 1 goat shed, which makes a small profit running at 82% happiness and just sell all milk eggs etc. and work on the flower farm until I know whats happening with the bakery etc.
  • michelle47 (GB1)michelle47 (GB1) Posts: 3
    edited 31.03.2014
    so glad somebody feels the same I do....why having invested so much time AND money in the game we couldn't have a choice of versions?
  • Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    edited 31.03.2014
    tocke3 wrote: »
    hello i want to ask do i get back gold too which i spend for all that buildings? if it possible please pm me thanks
    no you dont
  • FrodoPlayer3FrodoPlayer3 Posts: 15
    edited 31.03.2014
    seems that at the moment you'll only make a profit if you have it fully upgraded and have co-op research, or if you are not in a co-op so don't get a bonus on selling eggs, apples etc. There is supposed to be experience gained on the bakery but it's no implemented yet. Apparently the bakery will be looked into but no promises on changes.

Personally I've given up on it and I've moved onto the flower farm, my original idea was to make money using the gourmet and main farm to finance upgrades for flower farm, that isn't going to happen now I'm just losing money on the gourmet farm. So now my plan is to grow dandelions for food for my 1 goat shed, which makes a small profit running at 82% happiness and just sell all milk eggs etc. and work on the flower farm until I know whats happening with the bakery etc.

Think this is a good strategy at the moment... GF doesn't do much for earning of $$$ and XP... And I was having sleepless nights over this :(
    I thought the upgrade would bring a positive change after the Happiness disaster but this looks worst!
  • jatoda (US1)jatoda (US1) Posts: 318
    edited 31.03.2014
    X( breakdown on apple turnovers makes175 level 6 bakery. with -65 running costs.

sell 175 turnovers= $38,500
    cost of production= - $1297
    apples +525 -$26,250
    eggs +655 -$10,480
    profit -$824

:huh:might change a little if running costs were lower, but not much.;(
  • Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    edited 31.03.2014
    now that they have changed the size of the gardens would not surprise me at all if they will do this with the flower farm re size everything so you can fit more gold bought high level decorations on it.
  • Connie HammenshConnie Hammensh Posts: 2
    edited 31.03.2014
    This is rubbish - WHY would I need two of everything all of a sudden - one in my main farm and one in Gourmet farm - no way I am going to waste my time here anymore - to bad as I buys a lot of gold well you can have what is left I will move on and find another game - from a different supplier!
  • bigpapa12bigpapa12 Posts: 87
    edited 31.03.2014
    Love the update. At first it was really confusing which direction to go but with a little simple math, (which apparently the programmers did not use) I see there is no point in doing most of the new things on this farm. I now only have to concentrate on making food for all of my goats and presto, 1 goat farm coming right up. The bakery you lose money on, the peaches you do as well / bag of fertilizer (compared to apples, cherries or almonds) almonds make you a little less than apples fully research so I guess if I have too much dung I can also build an almond orchard or 2. Seems to me like only yesterday I had 3 or so of them oh well other than this not much else gonna happen. Will use decreased building time on other farms as time permits. Does anyone's else's behinds hurt?

P.S. where's steve lol could really use the decreased building time toward something that actually matters
  • JunaidGamerPlayJunaidGamerPlay Posts: 4
    edited 31.03.2014
    Selling products directly seem to be more profitable than using it in Bakery ....??
  • tracey40 (GB1)tracey40 (GB1) Posts: 113
    edited 31.03.2014
    Think this is a good strategy at the moment... GF doesn't do much for earning of $$$ and XP... And I was having sleepless nights over this :(
    I thought the upgrade would bring a positive change after the Happiness disaster but this looks worst!
    I'm using the same strategy. Using cash from demolished buildings to upgrade Flower Farm and just keeping goats (for milk) donkeys (for dung) and growing almonds (for cash and FF) Peaches aren't worth the bother - too much fertilizer, take too long to grow and half the sale price of cherries at the moment
  • borana albania (INT1)borana albania (INT1) Posts: 1,945
    edited 31.03.2014
    Gourmet farm ??
    How can that be called Gourmet farm ? Because it is an "ugly" copy of Main farm . So now we have 3 farms : 2 Main farms and 1 Flower farm . Well, lets hope that there wont be 3 Main farms in the future ...
  • mariachi (RO1)mariachi (RO1) Posts: 7,850
    edited 31.03.2014
    Selling products directly seem to be more profitable than using it in Bakery ....??

Indeed. Even research won't change that.
    This update is poor, very poor, in game-play. We no longer have two kinds of milk, no secondary products (like the former butter or oil in the Flower farm), the Bakery only makes 4 kinds of products, with no profit at all, we have donkeys but they are just as useless as pigs..
    It's a nice display of graphic talent, but a huge disappointment in game-play... What next? Erase all in about 6 month and build another farm??? :)))))
  • Cara MooreCara Moore Posts: 5
    edited 31.03.2014
    I hung on after the happiness update for my coop. I can't continue to play this game and call myself a person with a healthy self worth and responsible consumer practices. Those who continue to play this game are asking for what they get. There are too many games out there to put up with this constant fleecing. By staying, players are saying "yes, I like the way you treat me, keep it up."
  • FarmingGamerFarmingGamer Posts: 107
    edited 31.03.2014
    May be this is a prank from developers and tomorrow morning we might see a message in the announcement saying " April Fool" ,our actual prices are some xxxxxxx.I really wish this happens lol,I know its too much to ask for

and I doubt abt the forum upgrade ,April Fool prank ? :O
Sign In to comment.