Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

How about paintable buildings?

Tralfazz (US1)Tralfazz (US1) US1 Posts: 136
Seems like everywhere you go it's the same. How about some optional colors for a few buildings. For instance, instead of just going from level to level a few colors choices could be tossed in there for the farmhouse, barn, shop and such. Some could be farm dollars and some with maybe colored or fancy trim costing gold.

Could be a way to generate funds and make the game a bit more "real"
Post edited by Tralfazz (US1) on

Comments

• rie222rie222 Posts: 1,074
    edited 29.03.2014
    OH that would be very interesting! I like this idea.
  • BriannospamGame (SKN1)BriannospamGame (SKN1) Posts: 1,803
    edited 29.03.2014
    I like that idea. :)
    And I think mayby GGS would like these words in your suggestion: "some with maybe colored or fancy trim costing gold." :D
  • GeorgenollieUseGeorgenollieUse Posts: 1,801
    edited 29.03.2014
    Like the idea but unfortunately it would all be in gold probably - gold is the only way you can change your dog's color and gold is the only way you can change the name of your farm once you start . . . so they would probably keep with this method if they decide to do this too. Free players get generic and gold buyers get the options. Just saying :)
  • Celissa9 (US1)Celissa9 (US1) Posts: 82
    edited 29.03.2014
    I saw this suggestion back when I first started playing and GGS hasn't picked it up yet. Never hurts to keep on asking though :)
  • borana albania (INT1)borana albania (INT1) Posts: 1,945
    edited 29.03.2014
    Like the idea but unfortunately it would all be in gold probably - gold is the only way you can change your dog's color and gold is the only way you can change the name of your farm once you start . . . so they would probably keep with this method if they decide to do this too. Free players get generic and gold buyers get the options. Just saying :)

Totally agree.
    edited 29.03.2014

Yes, you're right.
    And how many players have change the color on their dog?
    I have only seen one farm with a black dog, all other farm's I have visited have the standard colored dog.
  • rhon (GB1)rhon (GB1) Guest, GB1 Posts: 1,542
    edited 29.03.2014
    A nice idea to customise some of the buildings but ....

yes but...

... with the amount of new graphics involved (each building 2 positions at several levels), with the amount of coding involved there is just so much else I would rather the devs spent their time on first.
  • AphasiaAphasia Posts: 223
    edited 29.03.2014
    Yes, you're right.
    And how many players have change the color on their dog?
    I have only seen one farm with a black dog, all other farm's I have visited have the standard colored dog.

I'd change my dog's color if the price was reasonable. Like 100 gold. There's no advantage to it, so there's no way it's worth over five dollars U.S. to change the dog's color.

I like the paint idea. There could be a severely limited palette and one color only per building for farm dollars, and a more extensive palette with multiple color options per building for gold. But I don't hold much hope for different paint costing anything but gold. Not with what I've seen so far from GGS in the 5 games of theirs I play.
    edited 29.03.2014
    I would do it as well if the costs were reasonable. I haven't changed the dog color because I think it is a little over priced. 100gold coins would be fair. 2000 is out of my range i wouldn't do it at that point. but 100-250 most definitely. Maybe do some colors in farm $$$ so those who don't or cannot afford gold can have fun too.
  • Lilypaddle (INT1)Lilypaddle (INT1) Posts: 614
    edited 30.03.2014
    I did spend 2000 to change my dog to black, but I only did it because my granddaughter loves watching my dog when I play and it is much easier for her to see it in black. I'm grandma so I do whatever she wants :D.
  • GeorgenollieUseGeorgenollieUse Posts: 1,801
    edited 30.03.2014
    maxiroy2 - Grandmas rule!!! :)

Okay, this leads to an interesting question - does this go up if you are on a higher level . . . in order to switch my dog's color it would cost me 5200 gold not 2000! I just checked. Definitely have better things to do with 5200 gold then to change color of dog.
    edited 30.03.2014
    hmmm okay it was 5200 then. Sorry. At any rate I thought it would have been worth it anyways, I probably didn't pay much attention to the price!
    edited 30.03.2014
    maxiroy2 wrote: »
    I did spend 2000 to change my dog to black, but I only did it because my granddaughter loves watching my dog when I play and it is much easier for her to see it in black. I'm grandma so I do whatever she wants :D.

aaahhh so the kid made you cave huh? lmao!!! that will do it everytime hahahaha
    edited 30.03.2014
    maxiroy2 wrote: »

I can not argue against that. :)
    So the girl will probably also like you to pet the dog (by touch the dog with the cursor, and clicking on the dog) :D

But otherwise, like others in the thread I will not give 5200 gold for nothing (other than color) that are considerably more before I give the price. for example. that also follows many happiness points with.
    edited 31.03.2014
    I can not argue against that. :)
    So the girl will probably also like you to pet the dog (by touch the dog with the cursor, and clicking on the dog) :D

Yes :D. Along with making sure the sound is on when I am making him do tricks to get my XP, she wants to hear him bark!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file