Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update - March 31 - The Gourmet Farm Rework - Discussion

Comments

• Ala123Ala123 Posts: 52
    edited 26.03.2014
    On the forum post correcting to March 31st is says "You can find information on the new buildings right here!" but there is no link to find info on new buildings.!
  • Niryn (INT1)Niryn (INT1) INT1 Posts: 255
    edited 27.03.2014
    So... the co-op research on the main farm section that increases dollars gained from selling eggs would affect all eggs - but when buying a book from the library there'd be a separate book for duck egg production increase and chicken egg production increase? :D
    I'm not sure what other research you guys could mean, but this is how I'd imagine they'll do it.
  • Giselle763Giselle763 Posts: 1
    edited 27.03.2014
    Thank you for postponing the upgrade till Monday, I should have completed the Hawaiian Event by then. :)
    It will make rebuilding the gourmet farm, for me, more enjoyable if I am able to focus solely on that.
    Looking forward to the update & figuring out how the farms work together.
  • montuosmontuos Posts: 1,275
    edited 27.03.2014
    Ala123 wrote: »
    On the forum post correcting to March 31st is says "You can find information on the new buildings right here!" but there is no link to find info on new buildings.!

What we have so far is in the More information about the upcoming Gourmet Farm rework! thread in the announcements. Still waiting for the bakery, though, and of course little of the information is as detailed as we would like. :-/
  • Ala123Ala123 Posts: 52
    edited 27.03.2014
    Will the NEW BAKERY still make pasta? If not what will replace it in the FLOWER SHOP?
  • Brenda555 (US1)Brenda555 (US1) Posts: 1
    edited 27.03.2014
    Has anyone heard in any word on all our workers ??? Will we get all of them back too??? Thats alot of workers to disappear . Other wise can't waite for the changes !!!
  • Kat Nip (GB1)Kat Nip (GB1) GB1 Posts: 3,796
    edited 27.03.2014
    Ala123 wrote: »
    Will the NEW BAKERY still make pasta? If not what will replace it in the FLOWER SHOP?
    I doubt we'll be making pasta anymore. As for what will replace it, we'll have to find out on the day of the update I guess because I'm doubting we'll get that information in advance sorry.
    Brenda5552 wrote: »
    Has anyone heard in any word on all our workers ??? Will we get all of them back too??? Thats alot of workers to disappear . Other wise can't waite for the changes !!!
    All your workers (houses including the cabin) will remain the same so you don't have to rebuild any of those. :)

Kat. Kittie_by_otomosc.gif
  • PriyaGamer22PriyaGamer22 Posts: 2
    edited 27.03.2014
    if dairy is removed, what happens to the honey cream?
    edited 27.03.2014
    The recipe will be changed.

• MoonlimeMoonlime Posts: 116
    edited 27.03.2014
    will the cowsheds be needed now that there's no more dairy?
  • dollarscooby (IN1)dollarscooby (IN1) IN1 Posts: 11
    edited 27.03.2014
    heh its very exciting....cant wait any further....pls change it soon and make it more interesting for 1 and all....once we see the new gourmet farm maybe all are sad faces will be gone forever and ever...make us smile again....all the best

:))))
  • BarbieDoll2BarbieDoll2 Posts: 43
    edited 27.03.2014
    Bambi73 wrote: »
    What about the almonds that we have in storage? Will they be sold off too or can we keep them for future recipes?

Just like to know the answer on this as well (didn't see it get answered). I know the orchards will be removed and will need to be rebuilt, but will the almonds we have in our inventories be purged along with the other old ingredients? Thinking about slowing down on making marzipan, only making what I will use in the coming days and saving up some almonds :)
  • luna839 (IN1)luna839 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 153
    edited 27.03.2014
    just want to get over with the suspense..
  • Latten (DE1)Latten (DE1) Posts: 6,246
    edited 27.03.2014
    Just like to know the answer on this as well (didn't see it get answered). I know the orchards will be removed and will need to be rebuilt, but will the almonds we have in our inventories be purged along with the other old ingredients? Thinking about slowing down on making marzipan, only making what I will use in the coming days and saving up some almonds :)

Since the name of the product will be the same, but the technicalities behind it will be completely different: Yes, the almonds will be purged.
  • BarbieDoll2BarbieDoll2 Posts: 43
    edited 27.03.2014
    Okay no problem then! Thanks Latten! :)
  • lois larner (AU1)lois larner (AU1) Posts: 198
    edited 27.03.2014
    if we still have almond orchards, even though we need to rebuild them...why are we loosing all the almonds already harvested and in storage...
  • MasterNdin3MasterNdin3 Posts: 12
    edited 27.03.2014
    Absolute crap. I specifically didn't cycle my gourmet farm yesterday evening before bed, because we were told that anything mid-production would be cancelled and lost. I obviously didn't want to spend 50-100k just to lose it when the update occurred, and didn't want to waste a bunch of fertilizer if I couldn't harvest almonds in 12 hours due to update.

As usual, the upgrade DID NOT happen as planned, and now I've missed out on cycling my gourmet farm because you guys can't get a release date right. You've been changing the date for the gourmet farm ever since February 20th. THAT'S 5 WEEKS! Stop misleading us and causing us to screw ourselves over in an attempt to not get screwed by the update. Pick a date that you can ACTUALLY manage to release it on, and let it happen, so we can actually TRY to avoid getting screwed when the update really does finally happen.

-Master Ndin, the guy who was stupid enough to not cycle his gourmet farm, because we were told it'd just be lost goods/money.
  • ninan (US1)ninan (US1) Posts: 19
    edited 27.03.2014
    Absolute crap. I specifically didn't cycle my gourmet farm yesterday evening before bed, because we were told that anything mid-production would be cancelled and lost. I obviously didn't want to spend 50-100k just to lose it when the update occurred, and didn't want to waste a bunch of fertilizer if I couldn't harvest almonds in 12 hours due to update.

Yes, it can be frustrating! Keep an eye on the official announcements, they indicated yesterday that it would be delayed, so you could have time to cycle your farm. Also, they have indicated that production costs would be refunded, so there is no reason to not cycle:
    Nafaru wrote: »
    Yes.
    Your gourmet farm processes that are still in progress will all get cancelled and you will get the production costs for those processes back. This goes for goats as well, even though the goat stables will stay (because they will produce different goods after the change).

It can be frustrating, but don't give up! :)
  • aman uppalaman uppal Posts: 1
    edited 27.03.2014
    i am very happy 2 c new update.i can't wait. i m really exited.
  • duchessogravityduchessogravity Posts: 178
    edited 27.03.2014
    my plans for the update.
    i'm not running anything on the gourmet farm sunday night so i don't lose anything.
    i've put in a couple extra house upgrades in case i need more workers than i currently have.
    i'm going to use an egg timer to i don't miss a minute of faster build time.
    i plan to store all my decos so i have plenty of space to work with.
    i will build a bunch of level one items then slowly start upgrading things as i have to be away from the computer for longer.

ok i have a plan lets get this show on the road!
  • hammerotg (US1)hammerotg (US1) Posts: 26
    edited 27.03.2014
    "i am quite looking forward to this new update i know i spent gold speeding up the buildings but i have no problem with that as i got what i paid for and had the benefits from it. "
    Really uksharon3??? Since people spent real money on the gold to use for speeding up the upgrades, you think its ok to just forget about it? Kinda like you go buy a new car, spend money on putting new rims, tint, nice stereo, etc. in your car and pay extra to get it done right away instead of waiting for an appointment. Then you're forced to sell the car, but you only get the money for the car and upgrades. Not for the labor, or the extra spent to get it done without waiting on an appointment. And now, if you want a car, you have to start the whole process over again. Sounds awesome. Wonder why people aren't doing that in the real world????
  • UmBitty (US1)UmBitty (US1) US1 Posts: 10
    edited 27.03.2014
    Will the cost of Gourmet Farm expansions change/increase?
  • Celissa9 (US1)Celissa9 (US1) Posts: 82
    edited 27.03.2014
    question i know why real farmer have a donkey on the farm,but i am lost as to why we have a donkey on this 1. does any 1 know.

I think they will serve the same purpose that the pigs currently do...poo :)
    edited 27.03.2014
    UmBitty2 wrote: »
    Will the cost of Gourmet Farm expansions change/increase?
    Latten has indicated that it is a possibility UmBitty.

• Joe Schmoe (US1)Joe Schmoe (US1) Posts: 11
    edited 28.03.2014
    Marcella59 wrote: »
    This is the best laugh I have had all day. I slid that by, as far as I know 2 people. Could have been more, who knows. Except for you, Artmaker. ROFLMAO

Except for most of us who just chuckled at it and moved on.
  • Dave 20133Dave 20133 Posts: 9
    edited 28.03.2014
    Well for me I am jumping on the wagon for the new changes to the gourmet farm because at first I was not very happy to learn that all my work to get a top producing farm would be dismantled and sold for scrap when I fast tracked a lot of it with gold that GGS thinks grows on trees. Yes I am pleased they will take a little effort to speed up the production but it is not enough as with the research and projects that transfer so should the new buildings. I have a producing farm now I won’t after the update. Their decision was to wreck what we have already built to have us something new to do. So with this decision I to made the decision nothing will be fast tracked I will take my time the farm that I kept a gold supply is running down and will soon end as I feel that after this update and what it does if you strive to the elusive -100% and have it as with the gold for premium decorations and the buildings that will disappear so will my buying of gold as I am playing the free game for now on and when this is allowed to happen again I will not feel the pain as I do now. So I have started looking for the positive and that will be my visa and my other partner MasterCard I can cut loose as I don’t need them anymore.
    edited 28.03.2014
    will the dung on the main farm and the gourmet farm be shared?
  • Latten (DE1)Latten (DE1) Posts: 6,246
    edited 28.03.2014
    luna839 wrote: »
    will the dung on the main farm and the gourmet farm be shared?

Yes, it will be shared :)
    edited 28.03.2014
    thanks Latten:)
  • martine6662martine6662 Posts: 1
    edited 28.03.2014
    ik hou er niet van dat de hele boel ineens helemaal veranderd wordt. sommigen hebben meer dan een jaar een lekkerbek boerderij gewerkt, en ineens veranderd alles. en als die mensen uit gaan werken zijn die 7 promo dagen voor heropbouw zeker onvoldoende. war meer tijd zou veel speler gelukkiger stemmen
Sign In to comment.