Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update 18.03. - Happiness achieved

Comments

• Ghost rider (GB1)Ghost rider (GB1) GB1 Posts: 294
    edited 20.03.2014
    goodness me how much can a thread go around and around and around and around and around and around in circles !!

im dizzy so getting off this merry go round and going to farm!!
  • SystemSystem Posts: 106,969
    edited 20.03.2014
    Has anything useful come out of this thread then? Or has it been here just to let ppl blow off steam and get back to farming?
    Not that blowing off some steam isnt good sometimes,, but other times maybe more results could be desired.
    I think the steamblowing is generally over.. the update is here and everyone has gotten over the first impact.

what i wonder. if any, changes will ppl do now to their farms and playingstyle?
  • FarmingGamerFarmingGamer Posts: 107
    edited 20.03.2014
    Griffith wrote: »
    that would be a great feature if possible, i'd love to suggest and agree to it too. it makes doing events and gradually reaching high running cost from "deco farm" to "industry farm" much more meaningful too.

How can this be a great feature?No it is not !!

Everyone can swap around decorations when and where necessary to achieve maximum happiness.You know that Right?
  • ArtmakerArtmaker Posts: 415
    edited 20.03.2014
    Latten thanks for the long explanation (several pages back which I just now found.)

So far.. me, and the remaining members of my three coops are on a wait and see stance. All the new coming soon things are exciting. I still wish they would have left the happiness thing alone. So what if new decor can't be worth more than what you have now? Doesn't anyone over there factor in the it looks cool thing?
    I like setting up my farms to look good. And yea, I set it up to farm easily too, and I do like hitting that 100% mark meaning production costs are zero. THAT I will miss.
    But boring because new decor can't be any more valuable in points? Come on!
    A perk that might please the masses would be to add more space to actually use some of the stuff we have in storage. Or perhaps make new decor upgradable. The flower patch that quickly becomes virtually worthless. What about upgrades just like buildings?

I think keeping the possibility of reaching that 100% happiness is something that should be kept. Even if you all decide to make that MUCH more difficult. It's a goal. Why take away a goal in this game? Trade working towards a goal for what's the point?

Also... it might do the designers some good to TEST improvements on a small beta (volunteer) group of players BEFORE lighting a fire under your entire market place.
    edited 20.03.2014
    thinks they should do another update quickly

seems the egg update was quickly forgotten about
    edited 20.03.2014
    yes, thats the thing , and someone said it earlier.. seems like we are now preffered to consider the new fantastic update , rather than in detail, evaluate how this last update has affected us personally and gamewise.
    Do we still look foreward to farm? ( i do not.. i keep forgetting now)
    Are we still excited to see what new ideas will be put foreward to dream of and look foreward to?
    Do we feel safe that we get the value we expect when we buy gold and items?
    Do we even trust the game to be here tomorrow?.. for like 110% sure?

Could we possibly just.. lol keep the forums atleast? :)
    edited 20.03.2014

Could we possibly just.. lol keep the forums atleast? :)

ahhh so thats the game !!! not farming !!
    edited 20.03.2014
    lol, as things currently stand.. its the forums i personally would miss the most, but thats me:)
  • Hedghogplop2Hedghogplop2 Posts: 18
    edited 20.03.2014
    Skull Guy wrote: »
    Since you (GGS) destroyed our happiness ratings, can't you at least let us transfer decorations between farms now? I have piles of un-used decos sitting in my main farm that could really be put to use on the other 2 farms.

I quite like this idea; for the first few special decos that I got for events, I plopped them right down on the main farm without realizing that, once they are designated to a farm, you can't pick them up and take them to another farm. Having learned that, I've been more careful to choose which special deco would benefit which farm, but I do have a brimming inventory of decorations for the main farm that I'd be happy to access for use on the other two as my progress on each farm changes the happiness balance. In my eyes, this would be a nice offset to the new happiness algorithm.
  • jaystarr2jaystarr2 Posts: 1,657
    edited 20.03.2014
    Artmaker wrote: »
    Also... it might do the designers some good to TEST improvements on a small beta (volunteer) group of players BEFORE lighting a fire under your entire market place.

I don't know how many times I can agree with this, especially between the bugs in the recent updates, and that 10+ hour lockout a month or so ago.

And not just for beta testing, but also some good market research never did go amiss.
    edited 20.03.2014
    Lol, yes you are right:)
  • minadequate2minadequate2 Posts: 93
    edited 20.03.2014
    Trippel2 wrote: »
    If i understand this correctly trying to obtain a high level of happynes is not the way to play the game and even useless to try to acomplish this. Correct me if i am wrong.
    If this is true, is the reason for this update ( to implant better deco's) a valid one?

I don't think the argument of higher level decos stacks up on the basis of the new 78 level decks... unless this change hasn't been planned long. Because I don't think even with some higher level decos it will be possible to get close to -100, since you used to be able to achieve it with 325 total and now its more than 5times that to even get in the region. (Sorry Latten) However I think while it will be a knock I think most people are still going to be able to cope, which is why I have provided info to make that easier, but yes I think trying to keep -100% (or close to) is no longer the best way to play the game, though thats up to everyone to decide themselves.
  • nig4x4nig4x4 Posts: 58
    edited 20.03.2014
    Depends on how many temp facilities you set up and the value of decos you put away. My main farm is at -84% I tried taking out a few decos to give way to 2 chicken co-ops and one pig sty, I ended up +195%.

At -82 happiness, I removed 10 trees (10x13h=130, enough room for a couple of houses and temp production builds for events) new happiness was -71. Even taking into account a couple of L1 houses I'll still be no where near as low on happiness as I was prior to the revamp. I agree if you have higher level deco's then it will be a bigger hit especially if you have greater production potential to start with, but then again you'll likely not need the temp build for the event. If I'm correct it will also mean it's even better for the lower level players who are short on farm space during early development, that can't be bad thing!
    edited 20.03.2014
    have to say i admire you for all the work you have done, and so fast. to provide everyone with an easy to understand model of happynesslvl after the update:)
    edited 20.03.2014
    The point of the update was to make it too hard to be a factoryfarm? right?
    They are still running, just a little less profit for them.
    Then it should be a bit harder to reach -100, but barely noticable?
    It is impossible.
    Should be easier for medium and early players?
    Yes, it is ( i think).
    Downside to that.. i feel anyway, is that you can no longer reach -100 no matter how good you are. I liked it, i miss it.
    Is the game still playable?
    Yes it is, and you can still make a profit, and that without spending any more gold than before on decos, but is there really a set goal for those who do not want a factory farm anymore?
    Not to me...
  • musicdoc2musicdoc2 Posts: 20
    edited 20.03.2014
    Artmaker wrote: »

Great idea Artmaker, and fly them to Hamburg, and feed them. Early buy-in and player insights would be worth the cost for the goodwill it could generate.
  • mawmahmawmah Posts: 51
    edited 20.03.2014
    you said that we would not notice the change in happiness, I beg to differ. I had decoration on all my farms, with my happiness around -98% or a little less, I had high ones on my main farm & some of both on the others, well guess what my main farm is at -81%. My Flower Farm is at -81% after putting a tree house worth 43 happiness, it only increase my happiness 2 or 3 pts. I have played by the rules, buying some decorations with gold & having the amount of decorations that the side goals said to have, yet my happiness is being taken away from me, I am one of those that can not buy gold on a regular basis. I Thought I had found a game that was better than game name removed , but now am being to wonder if the want of gold is starting to affect this game just as it did game name removed . On my main farm I tried replacing a deco. with a higher one & it didn't change the happiness not even 1 point. When the talk about the changes first came out I was happy & excited, but now I just wonder what next!
    edited 20.03.2014
    seems the optimal now, is to have happiness between mid -60 and mid -80.
    It is no longer possible to reach -100
    Upside is.. you will not need any more decos:)
    edited 20.03.2014
    Ok, i have to ask.. is this thread dead now? Have we all huffed and puffed , and now were done with it? If that is the case... If that is how fast we accept to be fed crumbles and nothings, if this is how fst we eagerly await the next big promise and forget how the last promise was replaced by something completely different.. then I must admit i feel like a fool...
  • FarmerBlack (US1)FarmerBlack (US1) Posts: 58
    edited 20.03.2014
    john2072 wrote: »
    whats up! first you give us stupid tea houses and fairy tale towers now you change our happiness,is this a farm game or amusement park? ....... next thing you know you'll be adding monkey houses and snake pits.

I don't think you want to give them any more ideas, those they might actually use.:D

I hadn't had a chance to visit the forums for a little while, so I wasn't too happy when I logged in the day of the update and found that my Gourmet farm was only at -91%. All I have been doing lately (while waiting for the total destruction of it) was buying land and placing/building decorations, so I have a happiness of 873. I was at a point where I could remove almost half of them and still have -100% run costs. My Main farm was at -91% and my Flower was at -100%. I didn't notice the change until I harvested and went to restart all my facilities. It cost me an extra $12,000 to start all my productions up again, the same ones that cost me only seed cost the night before. Now my main is at -79% and Flower at -84%. (and I only have 4 of each animal shed on the main farm, not even maxed out yet, so all farms are going to get worse)

If all GG wanted to do was to punish those that were "abusing" the old +300% rates, then why not just change that side of the scale to the +500%, heck make it +5000% if you want, and readjust the curve so that the -100% people could still try and remain at that level? I don't understand the excuse about not being able to introduce higher level decorations, because as I said I had a way higher happiness number than could calculate, yet I didn't go above -100%. Higher décor would just do the same thing, no need to make "0" run costs unattainable.

The only reason I can see for changing things on the negative side of the scale is because someone is afraid that nobody will want to purchase the larger décor with gold from real money if they already have zero run costs. Thing is, a lot of gold and non-gold players seem to want more different décor to place into their farms, there is no need to force them. There are even some non-gold players I know that are buying some gold now just to get the decorations they don't have so they can fill in the Tower spaces, but apparently that isn't enough.
  • george3 (AU1)george3 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 411
    edited 20.03.2014
    ladygrail wrote: »
    Ok, i have to ask.. is this thread dead now? Have we all huffed and puffed , and now were done with it? If that is the case... If that is how fast we accept to be fed crumbles and nothings, if this is how fst we eagerly await the next big promise and forget how the last promise was replaced by something completely different.. then I must admit i feel like a fool...
    I hope I'm not going to prolong this any further, but as a "factory farmer", I think it would be a nice gesture by GGS to send a decoration of some sort to ease the tension, as a "factory farmer" I'd happily forgo said decoration, as I'm sure must others like me would do also, I realize it'll never offset the lose of happiness, but would be a nice good will gesture on their part. Please don't speculate over what & be happy with tender mercies.
    Thanks again for not ripping each other apart over this.
    George
    edited 20.03.2014
    Thanks again for not ripping each other apart over this.
    George

Well put, and i agree with you, a token apology would definatly be a good thing.

And the ripping... would have been fun if this was a wargame, dont you think? ;)
  • Cara MooreCara Moore Posts: 5
    edited 20.03.2014
    If you read the announcement you will see that this has NOTHING to do with an imaginary request for increased decos. Those who purchase decos with gold are the ones most harmed by this change. This change simply devalued gold decos.
    Snippets from the announcement:
    "Workers on some farms have informed us that they are not happy about the fact that they don't get a lot of decorations to look at anymore and that all their attempts to get you to put up more decos by increasing production costs seems to have failed. They feel forced to increase production costs even more if you completely ignore their wish for some decos on your farm."

Those with many decos to achieve -100% were irreparably harmed. They simply made it so you have to buy more gold. I have a feeling you will see higher gold decos very soon..

I won't be surprised to see an announcement something like:
    "We heard your cries for -100% so we're offering a new line of high happiness decorations for your workers." This will make your old decos COMPLETELY USELESS and entice players to buy an entire line of new decos at a higher gold price. I'm in marketing, folks, this is the way it's done!

More of the announcement:
    "Furthermore you will not be able to reach a reduction of exactly -100% production costs, so there will always be a minimum investment if you start a production. "
    For those in between these 2 extremes, the change will actually bring some relief, as they will be getting a bit more reduction for each happiness point they have. This will make it a lot easier for players in earlier levels.

...Players who have a lot of decorations on their farms will get to roughly but not exactly -100%, so they will have to spend a minimal amount of money in order to start a production and everybody in between these 2 extremes will get more reduction per happiness point than before."

GGS did a big enticement, right before the change, to get players to buy decos which would be permanently devalued within 48 hours. This is called "bait and switch" and is illegal in the US.
    edited 20.03.2014
    someone.. whos name id mention if it wasnt so hard to pronounce.. made an excelent image of how the new happinesscurve is per point of +versus-
    And its not even realistic to be above -90 and have a good production.

In norway i belive the term translates to carrot and stick, and i do not think its legal here either.

The suggestion was therefore for a token.. why ask for value? :)
  • Cara MooreCara Moore Posts: 5
    edited 20.03.2014
    Don't be surprised if you soon see an entire new line of gold decos with higher happiness levels at higher gold prices. I'm in marketing folks, this is how it's done. = Create a problem so you can provide a costly solution.
    edited 20.03.2014
    Cara Moore wrote: »
    Don't be surprised if you soon see an entire new line of gold decos with higher happiness levels at higher gold prices. I'm in marketing folks, this is how it's done. = Create a problem so you can provide a costly solution.
    Lol, actually I think most here would be way surprised if they DIDNT see just that:D
    seems to be what everyones expecting:)

Dont get me wrong:)
    Many have said the same.. and while some think its good, most feel its a sales scam
  • FarmerBlack (US1)FarmerBlack (US1) Posts: 58
    edited 20.03.2014
    Cara Moore wrote: »

They already mentioned the fact that they wanted to create higher-happiness decorations, but they used the excuse that they couldn't implement them due to some kind of calculation problems or something. I think the only calculations having problems were the lesser increase in profits over past years because the big players were already maxed out with their current gold decorations. Now they have to replace all of them with even bigger ones to compete for the coveted -99.99% run cost; I wonder how much real cash GG will pull in for someone to reach that?
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    edited 20.03.2014
    Here's a statistic for you that will sum up my thoughts of this topic

Number of updates GGS has cancelled due to angry players: 0

I've been playing for a little over a year and it hasn't happened once and I don't see it happening any time soon. My point is, while many are angry wouldn't it be more beneficial to just make a decision whether or not u will continue to play or leave the game? The same players writing the same thing over and over......and over and over again in a thread seems a bit pointless to me especially when it will more than likely have no effect on the final outcome.
    edited 20.03.2014
    That depends a bit on what you see as the final outcome i guess.. and that can differ from person to person.

What I see as a player with many.. ( oh my, wayyyy to many) years behind me in multiple mmorpg games.. free and otherwise is this:

Game goes fine for a year, maybe 2. then the number of new players dwindle, along with the number of top players that no longer need to buy much gold to keep their game profitable.

Company looses income, and see the end of the game coming near.

To get a final boost ( but shortlived, and they know it) in income, they make huge promises, fires a barrage of irresistable offers to the players, and keeps it up until that too starts to dwindle.

Then they cut their losses, and close the game down.

Now i am NOT saying that this is what happening here, just saying ive seen it before and this looks just like that..
  • Ellenbrock2011GEllenbrock2011G Posts: 5
    edited 20.03.2014
    Ladygrail, please don't feel like a fool. :( Your posts have been a big help to me. ;)

I am doing the only thing I can do. I am not buying any more gold. If GGS wants me to spend more money, they will have to make some changes. As I said before, the way they treated players with this change told me everything I needed to know about GGS. But that does not change the fact that there are a lot of great mods and players and a great game to still be played. I am just playing it differently, now.

Thanks for all the time you have put into the forum.
Sign In to comment.