Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update 18.03. - Happiness achieved

Comments

• SpeedyDog10SpeedyDog10 Posts: 258
    edited 19.03.2014
    Griffith wrote: »
    I'm not sure honestly what you guys seek of posting the same thing over and over .

As do you.
  • Griffith (INT1)Griffith (INT1) Posts: 768
    edited 19.03.2014
    As do you.

i will keep posting same thing too, just because i like the update, and freedom of speech.
    if you guys think by flooding here and insulting happy players will reach your goal, ill continue to prove you wrong and show you more and more proof everytime. the atmosphere you guys have created in this thread is the only reason why happy ppl dont come post here. so don't go too far in your imaginations...
    these are real too, get real:
    nnvdit.jpg
  • Hedghogplop2Hedghogplop2 Posts: 18
    edited 19.03.2014
    This is the first update that has really just, well....bummed me out about my gameplay experience. One of my favorite aspects of the game--the one that keeps me an avid participant during lull times for building, etc.--has been the strategy to balance happiness and production values on my farms. From maximizing space to methodically increasing production buildings by analyzing (and paying for, with both farm dollars and not a little gold) decoration upgrades, this checks-and-balances function has been a great past time aside from the more active portions of the game. I'm by no means an algorithm wizard, so I had hope for the weighted system for the new happiness values, but watching my 100% drop to 87% despite decorations outweighing housing negatives by ~500 points is pretty deflating. I'm not even overly concerned about the increased production values...I just feel that there is a cap on the strategy experience achievement that has been such an absorbing, enjoyable part of the game.

That said, I'm a pretty agreeable person and most disappointments on par to this are fleeting at most. But I'm not able to quite understand the actual reason for the change. At face value it sends a message to me that folks with no decorations and high production values were of some major negative impact to the game as a whole, but I haven't seen either: A) a straight explanation for how or B) why lesser impacting alternatives like capping the number of production facilities, or pro-rating production amounts on farms deemed "a risk", weren't addressed before now. If unlimited production for a corresponding cost are accessible in-game, why does a player's choice to operate on the cost-heavy end of the scale pose a problem? I'm not even asking rhetorically, I do wish this could be plainly addressed.

Anyway, clearly I'm not alone in my feelings, though I don't share the revolutionary spirit to leave the game having spent a lot of time and care. I still have separate optimism about the gourmet farm changes, and am still intrigued by the new "areas" pending around the main farm. Really trying to rationalize this particular change and believe that it wasn't in some way another strategy to cultivate more gold-buying or (what I would consider to be a more grave attitude) that the gaming experience through personal choice is not being narrowed on the administrative side. We shall see.
    edited 19.03.2014
    i will keep posting same thing too, just because i like the update, and freedom of speech.

Ditto. Except for the "like the update" part.
    edited 19.03.2014
    Ditto. Except for the "like the update" part.

true & i never said don't share your opinion either. just don't generalize it cause that's-what-is-not-true.
    some saying "all players", "99% players", "80% players" etc don't do that, or ill oppose it personally with many others opinion as proof.
    we like the changes in these updates. whether you guys like it or not that's what me and alot of other players think.
    edited 19.03.2014
    I have done the maths and guess what ppl, it now works out that it is more profitable to have high production farms and run at close to +500%. Deco are now absolutely worthless, takes too many to make the workers happy.

Great. That's good to know. Thanks for this info.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 106,969
    edited 19.03.2014
    Goodmorning everyone. and i mean everyone:)

I see a few new voices has come on to this thread to voice their opinion, and looks to me most of you have a less than happy view of the games development.

Does GGS read this?.. I dont think so, and if they do, we will never know. I think they know very well what they are doing and how it is affecting people.
    After all, they have experience in doing things this way, they have closed 2 farmgames before shortly after events like this last one here.

Think about it.. How many really big CHANGES has happened over the last year?
    NONE.
    i started playing a year ago, played a few weeks, then quit for a lot of months because GGS did not keep their promises. I came back to see how things were going , ( and i could do so because GGS will not delete your account).
    When i then logged back in , everything looked the same, and i got a primetime 200% moneyoffer in my face.. funny.
    There was no new 4th farm, no changes on the other 3 farms, Lots of not available promises right outside my farm, and some stuff that seems pretty petty to me in the big picture.. library, cooptree and deco house. And stickers... cmon stickers? I know young ppl play this game too, but the major amount of players are adults, and im pretty sure the main goldbuyers are not kids.
    So my choice was.. Do I say something, or do i just leave again.
    I am leaving, but I also think its fair to say something when you see that something is totally not fair,
    Yes GGS owns the game and can change it at will. But.. that does not mean we have to like the changes and shut up about it.
    This may be a "just a game". But real money is involved bigtime, so it is also a sold product, and there are some things most people expect when they spend money on something. That they get what they pay for, and they get to keep what they bought.
    So please, to those of you that feel its ok to be run over by bigmoney , by all means feel so. That is your right, but please.. stop telling the rest of us to shut up and suck it up, wether you use nice words or rude methods to do so..
    State your opinions, but let us state ours aswell?

And about how many disagree versus how many that do not.. If 2 out 10 people speak up, and 8 out of 10 do not, would it not be weird to assume that the 8 all agreed with just one of the 2? Statiscally, would it not be more likely its 50 50?

So in here, when MOST people that speak up protest, and a few speak up that agree.. statistically, would it not be most logical to assume the ones who keep silent are divided by approxomatley the same percentage?

yes i know some of you say your coops all agree, they do not mind the change, but please know that that doesnt mean all the silent ones do the same.. there are also coops where "all" disagree.

And then ofc are those who do not mind the change so much, but STILL disagree as to HOW IT WAS DONE.

And why is it constant primetime now? I would take that as a sign of GGS seing a severe drop in income.

Looking foreward to reading the forums today:) hugs to all:)
  • FarmingGamerFarmingGamer Posts: 107
    edited 19.03.2014
    Marcella59 wrote: »
    We'll probably be sitting here Christmas Eve still waiting on GGS to implement the changes to the gourmet farm

rofllllllllllll
  • Latten (DE1)Latten (DE1) Posts: 6,246
    edited 19.03.2014
    Just a quick reminder:

We (and with that, GGS devs and management) are aware of this discussion and the opinions you voice in the forums. Just because we don't post once a while - in this case, simply because of the time difference - doesn't mean we won't read everything in here :)

Please keep the discussion civil though, remember to not insult other players or our moderator staff. Don't take the discussion to a private level. We will have to give out warnings and/or bans, and we really don't want to do that.

Thanks a heap, now on to reading the what looks like two million pages I missed ^^
    Timo
  • tampoon (INT1)tampoon (INT1) Posts: 197
    edited 19.03.2014
    Earn more money
    If GGS is not going to stop this unfair update and if we are not going to quit, something has to be done.X(
    When my main farm happiness went from -100 % to -83 %, I have to spend an extra $17361 per day.
    I guess I am spending many thousands on the other two farms as well after this change.
    As some of you had mentioned that -100% is not the way to maximum profit (although it is a self-satisfaction, and self-satisfaction is VERY IMPORTANT when playing games), has anyone got a good suggestion for more profit??(
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 19.03.2014
    tampoon2 wrote: »
    Earn more money
    If GGS is not going to stop this unfair update and if we are not going to quit, something has to be done.X(
    When my main farm happiness went from -100 % to -83 %, I have to spend an extra $17361 per day.
    I guess I am spending many thousands on the other two farms as well after this change.
    As some of you had mentioned that -100% is not the way to maximum profit (although it is a self-satisfaction, and self-satisfaction is VERY IMPORTANT when playing games), has anyone got a good suggestion for more profit??(

If you want more profit remove ALL deco, make more production and upgrade all you production and go to mass production. I still make +$3M profit a day. Say no to GGS and revolt and become a +500%, we still make more profit once upgrades are done.

Deco are a waste of space and money on the main farm.

P.S. DO NOT DESTROY DECO STORE THEM as GGS will change rules again
  • Latten (DE1)Latten (DE1) Posts: 6,246
    edited 19.03.2014
    Latten wrote: »
    Just a quick reminder:

We (and with that, GGS devs and management) are aware of this discussion and the opinions you voice in the forums. Just because we don't post once a while - in this case, simply because of the time difference - doesn't mean we won't read everything in here :)

Please keep the discussion civil though, remember to not insult other players or our moderator staff. Don't take the discussion to a private level. We will have to give out warnings and/or bans, and we really don't want to do that.

Thanks a heap, now on to reading the what looks like two million pages I missed ^^
    Timo

After reading up: Thank you all very, very much for keeping the discussion civil and on point! I'll make sure to pass on your general points (and some specific ones) to the team, promise.
    edited 19.03.2014
    ladygrail wrote: »
    And about how many disagree versus how many that do not.. If 2 out 10 people speak up, and 8 out of 10 do not, would it not be weird to assume that the 8 all agreed with just one of the 2? Statiscally, would it not be more likely its 50 50?

So in here, when MOST people that speak up protest, and a few speak up that agree.. statistically, would it not be most logical to assume the ones who keep silent are divided by approxomatley the same percentage?

naturally yes that is a valid argument. but in this discussion nope that is not true, and ive already shown you screenshots of ppl saying "save your energy" "hats off" etc to you to prove that it isn't. because this thread has literally turned into a angry mob thread who keep insulting and calling players who like this change like "those who get rewarded by ggs" and crappy stuff like that, in the eyes of those who agree that this change was a good change.
    even honestly im running out of patience dealing with you ppl. but i still post because you can't say stuff like "this is the voice of all" or "all players are unhappy", or "80% are unhappy" those statistics has no valid info to support them and are just based on a flood in this thread.
  • FarmingGamerFarmingGamer Posts: 107
    edited 19.03.2014
    studbuzzrd wrote: »
    So we use Whining to stop the whining? brilliant logic

lollllllllllllllll
  • nannsi (SKN1)nannsi (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 325
    edited 19.03.2014
    I am NOT unhappy for the change of happiness :)

The happiness on most of my farms went up and only a few went down a little.

So I am not unhappy.

Tried -100 % for a bit, but found it not interesting enough - and went for -75 %, and that payed off in the change.

Have followed the discussion here - but did not want to join in as most was really unhappy with the change.

But now I feel it is time for some "not unhappy" player so join.

Save my opinion for the change of gourmet farms untill I see it happen.
    edited 19.03.2014
    ... because this thread has literally turned into a angry mob thread who keep insulting and calling players who like this change like "those who get rewarded by ggs" and crappy stuff like that, in the eyes of those who agree that this change was a good change.
    After reading up: Thank you all very, very much for keeping the discussion civil and on point! I'll make sure to pass on your general points (and some specific ones) to the team, promise.

So which is which? Good to know though that devs and management are aware what's being discussed in this thread.
  • Yvonne2012Yvonne2012 Posts: 1
    edited 19.03.2014
    Hi! I´m not happy at all with this new update!!! :( I had my workers very happy with - 98 % and found out last evening that I had only - 82 % happyness left!!! WHY????????????????????????????????????????????? I´m working hard on my farms and is this how GGS apprichiates us????? NOT GOOD AT ALL! Give us players some positive updates in stead of negative ones, thank you!
  • edited 19.03.2014
    Come on people, 57 pages with yelling and screaming
    You just have to spend a little bit of free (!!) $ extra.
    If first your farm earned approx. $ 2.000.000,-- a day, now you farm earns approx. $ 1.600.000,--

If you are saving for some land of $ 20.000.000, it takes you 2.5 days extra.

That's it... nobody was hurt, nothing is destroyed.... it just takes you 2,5days extra!

If this would be my biggest problem in life, I would sign for it immediately!
    It is a game, get over it!
    edited 19.03.2014
    So which is which? Good to know though that devs and management are aware what's being discussed in this thread.

shall i refer to the posts calling me stuff like that? or shall i show more screenshots of how "happy" players think of this thread as an uncivil angry mob thread?
    edited 19.03.2014
    shall i refer to the posts calling me stuff like that? or shall i show more screenshots of how "happy" players think of this thread as an uncivil angry mob thread?

Dude, get over it. It was in the past pages. No one's being nasty and rude on here anymore.
  • george3 (AU1)george3 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 411
    edited 19.03.2014
    Just a quick reminder:

Timo
    I've seen it a lot more savage on other treads Latton, this ones being fairly tame in personal attacks, heated yes, but tame by comparison, I know there's some anger out there, but thanks everyone from not ripping each other apart.
    George
    edited 19.03.2014
    Dude, get over it. It was in the past pages. No one's being nasty and rude on here anymore.

1 more in the can for you, take a look at these they are fresh from oven and i received them today, if it's like you said since nobody was being "rude" anymore i shouldn't have received these messages right?
    6ef42x.jpg

enjoy reading it ^
    edited 19.03.2014
    Like I said before, Dude, get over it! I rest my case.
    edited 19.03.2014
    Like I said before, Dude, get over it! I rest my case.

you guys are the ones who are not getting over it honestly...
    there was 2 choices I had till now in this thread:
    1- reporting abusive "unhappy players"
    2- show more proof from "happy players"

and I chose second, so yep it's time I think actually you guys wake up from your "80% unhappy players" assumptions or "Voice of all" stuff, & get over it, cause Happy players are already running their farms for 2 days now, don't care if you guys quit or not, and are enjoying it without bothering with this thread at all.
  • Nella HNella H Posts: 2
    edited 19.03.2014
    Help, please. How do I get better Happiness?
    Nella H
  • pug mommy (US1)pug mommy (US1) US1 Posts: 9
    edited 19.03.2014
    I am disappointed with this upgrade. "not noticing much impact" is simply NOT true. I went from -100% to -80% on all 3 farms. I have gold houses and gold decos... and really no more room... I must DEMOLISH production facilities to put in more decos... so I can achieve the desired happiness. If the purpose of the upgrade was directed at a few players that IGNORE operating expenses running at +300% then you should have made a CHANGE that effected only them. This is NOT fair to others who have worked hard to build their farms with the GOALS that were laid out to us since the beginning of the game. Once again... an upgrade with the goal of getting players to purchase gold.
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    edited 19.03.2014
    So my mass production farm went from +300% maintenance to +473%. Big deal, I'm still making millions!

As I suspected - much ado about nothing.
  • Lilypaddle (INT1)Lilypaddle (INT1) Posts: 614
    edited 19.03.2014
    but i still post because you can't say stuff like "this is the voice of all" or "all players are unhappy", or "80% are unhappy" those statistics has no valid info to support them and are just based on a flood in this thread.

I agree where is the 80% coming from. I have 40 in my co-op and so far none have said anything about it. However, I can't confirm if they are unhappy or not as no one has said anything. Now if you want to say that 80% of the people posting in this thread are unhappy, then that would be reasonable. There is no way of knowing that 80% of the actual players are "unhappy".
  • Runnerkim (GB1)Runnerkim (GB1) Posts: 93
    edited 19.03.2014
    Hi Latten

I see you are online, so could you let us know if GGS has made any comments regarding players concerns or have they really completely ignored us. It would be nice for an official response either way.

Thank you

One minute later went off line without an answer so maybe that is the answer, or maybe I can live in hope that GGS are being asked for that official response:-) I will wait and see.
  • Trippel (NL1)Trippel (NL1) Posts: 299
    edited 19.03.2014
    Griffith,

Can you please give me one example where the majority of the voters was overruled by the minority just because they claimed they where representing the majority of the non voters?

By the looks of it it seems that:
    Mega farms will not demolish to put up extra deco's.
    Happy farms will not put up more deco's because it is not worth the trouble to demolish anything to gain only two points extra happyness by placing a 74 points deco.
    Lots off people are upset with this upgrade.
    Can you please tell me:
    What exactly is the challenge this formula is seposed to bring to the game?
    Is this formula accomplishing the goal ggs was hoping it should and if not, should they change it?
    Are there better ways to design challenges than this one?
Sign In to comment.