Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Update 18.03. - Happiness achieved

13658

Comments

  • jaystarr2jaystarr2 Posts: 1,657
    edited 18.03.2014
    diya31 wrote: »
    whatcha upset about?

    facepalm_picard21.jpg
    Bottom line, through no fault of their own, there are now a significant number of people on this forum who will no longer take any statements by mods at face value. Most is smart enough to know that the mods was just the messengers, but the damage is done.

    True, but to be fair, if the mods don't have the information, they ought not to speculate on it, since there WILL be people that take their understanding/interpretation of the news as authority. And it's not unreasonable that people would do that, so I think that there's some responsibility on the mods in terms of how they disseminate information. It's fine to say "I don't know officially, but here's what I think with my player hat on" or something like that.

    Same goes for CMs who don't make the dev decisions or direct where the game is going, but have to relay that information to us. If it wasn't known that the happiness change was going to be something like 15%, then don't make claims that it's going to be "barely noticeable" or anything like that. And don't feed us some made up story about how my pixel minions are angry because they think my farm is ugly or something. It's fine to say "sorry we messed up, now we are going to have to fix this problem". Being upfront accountable for your mistakes (or the mistakes of the company you represent) is an important, mature step in professionalism.

    Just be honest, that's all I really want.
    b3vhjn.jpg
    jaystarr2 @ us 1

    Want to be part of a top-ranked co-op on the US1 server? Success Team is accepting applications RIGHT NOW! Click here to check it out!
  • Instant Ocean (US1)Instant Ocean (US1) US1 Posts: 189
    edited 18.03.2014
    ladygrail wrote: »
    as far as being challenged, when the game narrows the playground, the challenges drop severly. And the strategy isnt hard.. Demolish production and add decos.. Opps sry, did i ruin it for anyone?

    lmao!!!!!!!
    jaystarr2 wrote: »
    facepalm_picard21.jpg



    True, but to be fair, if the mods don't have the information, they ought not to speculate on it, since there WILL be people that take their understanding/interpretation of the news as authority. And it's not unreasonable that people would do that, so I think that there's some responsibility on the mods in terms of how they disseminate information. It's fine to say "I don't know officially, but here's what I think with my player hat on" or something like that.

    Same goes for CMs who don't make the dev decisions or direct where the game is going, but have to relay that information to us. If it wasn't known that the happiness change was going to be something like 15%, then don't make claims that it's going to be "barely noticeable" or anything like that. And don't feed us some made up story about how my pixel minions are angry because they think my farm is ugly or something. It's fine to say "sorry we messed up, now we are going to have to fix this problem". Being upfront accountable for your mistakes (or the mistakes of the company you represent) is an important, mature step in professionalism.

    Just be honest, that's all I really want.

    Jay, my dear friend,

    First.... a small notice here: Be careful with that Image that I love. Got forum banned because of it. Warning.

    Last but not least, I totally agree with what you posted. But I take it to a lesser degree for Mods as they only follow what CMs do... They are not made aware in advance of changes that will happen most of the time. But CMs, that is a different story:

    1: like you said, do not give us a childish story about our virtual workers not being happy because of lack of decos to cover from GGS' mistake. Sorry, I'm not 5 years old and I don't buy it.

    2: Do not steal from my investment that I made with real money because again, you SCREWED up.

    Trust me, it will be a long time before they see another penny from me if they do not change and correct this unfair update that targets everyone and not the ones that they wanted to "correct" or "guide in the right direction".

    I know another Big company that made that same mistake, e.g. trying to tell how players should play their game: company name removed They are going down the tubes.

    IO
  • Wei Min2Wei Min2 Posts: 8
    edited 18.03.2014
    george38 wrote: »
    I think it's time Dr. Christian Wawrzinek manned up & get out here & face some very angry customers, you the head of GGS, I think it's time for damage control, you've punished the wrong people, if a game needs to work on punishment, I think that game will have a limited future.
    GeorgeX(
    I hope you did't hold your breath waiting for the good Doctor to stand up & defend GGS
    Wei Min @ au 1
  • susy9susy9 Posts: 6
    edited 18.03.2014
    hahahaha what a mess!!! and for all the happiness they took away from us they added _ tadah! two new stickers. Well you know where you can stick those GGS. I'm sorry for you( not genuinely though) for ALL the players that you will loose after this unfortunate update. Thank you and goodbye.
    susy9 @ en 1
  • Trippel (NL1)Trippel (NL1) Posts: 299
    edited 18.03.2014
    IO

    I do indeed run a production farm. Farm1 is at +470, farm2 at +472 and farm3 dropped from -100 to -83.
    The extra lvls ggs added now makes the difference between a litlle profit or losing money.
    Trippel @ nl 1
  • george3 (AU1)george3 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 356
    edited 18.03.2014
    Wei Min2 wrote: »
    I hope you did't hold your breath waiting for the good Doctor to stand up & defend GGS
    No Wei, it was only a futile gesture, I never thought he would, but it's unfair to beat up the CM's & Mods over this, their only as good as the info GGS supplies, their the one's who should feel let down from all of this.
    George:rolleyes:
    george3 @ au 1

  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    edited 18.03.2014
    ladygrail wrote: »
    As far as being challenged, when the game narrows the playground, the challenges drop severly. And the strategy isnt hard.. demolish production and add decos.. opps sry, did i ruin it for anyone?

    There's the fix, so simple! If you don't like your running costs demolish some production facilities and add a deco or two. The incessant whining and threatening to quit wont achieve a thing because people that have played this game long enough will know that GGS will not change this update. The mass walkout that was apparently going to happen over this update hasn't happened on my server and probably wont since a lot of us are simply addicted to this game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] gizmo22 @ au 1
  • ArtmakerArtmaker Posts: 415
    edited 18.03.2014
    A full 54 pages of almost all complaints and counting.

    Know what? Events were once my favorite part of this game. Especially now that I can pick which level and actually collect all of a given prize. I use to play REAL HARD for several days straight to at least come close to the prize. Then on the last hour of the last day might pitch in a little gold if need be.


    Well now? I flat out don't care anymore. Two of my farms I tried for the hardest one. Just don't care.
    What's the point? No matter how many of what kind of decor I have now it's impossible to ever have 100% happiness. So what's the point?

    I spent less time on this event than I have since I first signed up on this game. I mainly check in with my coops. The actual game has turned into a gold mining pop up filled pile of crap. And I should spend cash for this?
    I love this... "Free decor with purchase of...." NOT FREE? WITH PURCHASE IS NOT AT ALL FREE!

    The pop up is annoying enough but the OUT RIGHT BLATANT LIE ON IT is really bad.

    Agh.
    not one more dime is going on this game. Not one.
    Artmaker @ en 1
  • FarmerEverettGFarmerEverettG Posts: 3
    edited 18.03.2014
    Someone needs to explain this to me. I just built a Magnificent Tea Garden on my farm with +74 Happiness. My running costs went from 84% to 86% --> +2%. I take away a Frog Prince Well with +20 Happiness and there is no change. I take away another Frog Prince Well with +20 Happiness and it drops by 1%. So a +20 changes it by 1 and a +74 changes it by only 2? So how exactly is this better? How many decorations do we need to have to get a high Running Cost %. I like a challenge but at least make it attainable. This could be a game-breaker for me. Not very well thought out. Penalize the people who you targeted by calculating how many happiness points a farm has and adjust something based on that. Not a blanket policy that punishes the majority of people who play the game as it was meant to be played. Or was it for an entirely different reason all together? I know it's only a game but the meaning of that changes once you bring in real money to it. Based on the replies posted here, you might want to rethink this...
    FarmerEverettG @ us 1
  • SystemSystem Posts: 106,749
    edited 18.03.2014
    gizmo222 wrote: »
    There's the fix, so simple! If you don't like your running costs demolish some production facilities and add a deco or two. The incessant whining and threatening to quit wont achieve a thing because people that have played this game long enough will know that GGS will not change this update. The mass walkout that was apparently going to happen over this update hasn't happened on my server and probably wont since a lot of us are simply addicted to this game.

    1 if you dont like what you read stop reading it. If you cannot be polite enough to not call names, maybe not say anything.
    2 you are, as anyone else entitled to you opinion.
    3 you really think that is challenging..?
  • Trippel (NL1)Trippel (NL1) Posts: 299
    edited 19.03.2014
    Bottom line, through no fault of their own, there are now a significant number of people on this forum who will no longer take any statements by mods at face value. Most is smart enough to know that the mods was just the messengers, but the damage is done.
    Latten wrote: »
    I have to say I never thought of the option to play the game this way :) It's great what you guys are able to figure out over time, really!

    I can't tell how all changes that are coming affect this style of play though - we'll see, I guess.

    Posted 31-01-2014
    No need to add any comment i think.
    Trippel @ nl 1
  • Celissa9 (US1)Celissa9 (US1) Posts: 82
    edited 19.03.2014
    Nafaru wrote: »
    Hey everybody,

    we're still going through and forwarding all of your feedback.

    A small heads-up for those who think about changing to "no deco"-farms as a consequence to this update now, please be aware of the fact that second farm changes are just around the corner.
    The new gourmet farm will focus a bit less on pure production for net earnings, but some more on producing actual goods you will be able to use on other farms as well (humus, fertilizer, dung).

    Obviously we want you to experiment to see what you feel works best for you, but please do consider that if you now change your playstyle, you might have to change it again when the gourmet farm update occurs, which is going to be really soon. If you swap to find something that works now, it may not be the best setup in a few weeks time and you might notice some changes to the amount of cash you earn after the second farm rework. We would recommend that you wait for the rework before making any major changes to your farm.

    Regards,
    Steffi

    Does anyone else agree that this is a very nice way of saying that the new gourmet farm's profits will pale in comparison to what we have now?
    Happy Easter!
    aeaster3.gif
    [email protected]
  • Instant Ocean (US1)Instant Ocean (US1) US1 Posts: 189
    edited 19.03.2014
    Artmaker... Thx mate! You just woke me up... or rather brought me back to the foundation of the problem:

    What's the point?

    Really, what is the point of this game now? I understand all the mathematics behind it, why they changed it, how they failed, how we ended up screwed by them... but that simple question eluded me until I read it in your post:

    WHAT'S THE POINT?

    Thx mate!

    IO
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    edited 19.03.2014
    And where exactly did I call anyone names ladygrail? I'm simply saying no amount of outrage is going to change GGS's mind. Time would be better spent figuring out what strategy to use on your farms now because 54 pages of negativity has done nothing but stress out the Mods. Don't shoot the messenger, its not their fault.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] gizmo22 @ au 1
  • AwesomerowendAwesomerowend Posts: 25
    edited 19.03.2014
    @ ladygrail.

    I'm switching from a -90% target to a 30-50% target range. Will add 2 more fields, one orchard and once I expand, 2 more cowsheds.
    Awesomerowend @ WWW 1
  • monica79538monica79538 Posts: 1,932
    edited 19.03.2014
    Ticket#2014031410079206
    Ticket#2014031410079181
    Ticket#2014031810098429

    ticket numbers to delete All my farms. Funny that instead of asking my password to confirm, I get the one that says "we miss you, come back" hahaha
    monica7953 @ us1
    My heart got left on a different farm game time to shrink it a little--I don't think most remember that one anymore ;(
  • SystemSystem Posts: 106,749
    edited 19.03.2014
    gizmo222 wrote: »
    And where exactly did I call anyone names ladygrail? I'm simply saying no amount of outrage is going to change GGS's mind. Time would be better spent figuring out what strategy to use on your farms now because 54 pages of negativity has done nothing but stress out the Mods. Don't shoot the messenger, its not their fault.
    The incessant whining and threatening

    you are calling the people that feel differently than you whiners.. thats namecalling in my book, and also disrespectful.

    I allready told you the strategy, and you agreed to it.

    If you read all my posts, you would know i did the exact opposite of blaming the mods, please get your facts straight.

    And on a personal note.. please stop telling me how to play my game? :) I have had enough of that from GGS today:)
  • DocDan3DocDan3 Posts: 3
    edited 19.03.2014
    I don't know where you think this no big deal Latten, My losses where big 100% to 86% and looks like ill have to sink another 30-40 bucks to fix it. Not to mention ill have to make room so now my production will be down as well.

    I want my money back if you don't change it to the way it was. Your "improvements" are based solely on profits.
    if you want to fix the problem just limit the amount production pieces that can be placed.
    DocDan @ us 1
  • jaystarr2jaystarr2 Posts: 1,657
    edited 19.03.2014
    DocDan3 wrote: »
    if you want to fix the problem just limit the amount production pieces that can be placed.

    Holy crap, that is actually a simple, non-stupid idea that makes way more sense than what we have now.
    b3vhjn.jpg
    jaystarr2 @ us 1

    Want to be part of a top-ranked co-op on the US1 server? Success Team is accepting applications RIGHT NOW! Click here to check it out!
  • Emm62Emm62 Posts: 101
    edited 19.03.2014
    For all the players saying they are quitting after their gold is spent. Why wait, your gold is wasted on your farm if you are quitting anyway. Why not donate it to your co-op, who at least can put it to good use.

    Or is it just that ... a "threat" to quit and oh perhaps I should use it on the farm in case I do come back.

    Just a question I was pondering.
    Emm6 @ au1
    Deputy
    The Misfits
  • edited 19.03.2014
    gizmo222 wrote: »
    There's the fix, so simple! If you don't like your running costs demolish some production facilities and add a deco or two. The incessant whining and threatening to quit wont achieve a thing because people that have played this game long enough will know that GGS will not change this update. The mass walkout that was apparently going to happen over this update hasn't happened on my server and probably wont since a lot of us are simply addicted to this game.

    So many were upset at the onset & mocked by what I will term farming nieve optomists. It was pointed out from the onset - this was NEVER about high production farms... people by & large havent begun to invest the GOLD in those farms that they have to maintain high joy levels throughout their farms. We are left with only a few narrow choices -
    1 - Toss ALL those gold decos except tractors & use GOLD to purchase a Lot more for all 3 farms
    2 - Go High Productive & NEVER buy gold again (my favorite!)
    3 - Quit the game altogether

    A quick thought Gizmo - which GGS thought out in depth long before making this change when deciding how to boost their revenue... Players CAN & will demolish production buildings to increase joy - easy enough BUT... Coops will NO Longer be able to complete even lower level basic projects (more the less the more difficult higher level projects - Oooops! PLUS - once we demolish the producyion buildings... guess what - we can't complete the Quests to earn the FREE decos - back to getting out the pocketbook.

    I haven't decided whether I will convert to High Production or quit altogether but...
    GGS will NEVER get another penny from me - EVER!!!
    HomeBiz Liz2 @ us 1
  • edited 19.03.2014
    All the people that have been on here for a while and have gotten their farms up to a high level will be able to run away with leveling. While the new comers will be laden with extra charges and taxes so they can never obtain the levels that others have achieved. This is so unfair to change the rules in the middle of the stream without knocking down the long time players to level the playing field. As far as I am concerned you are just a bunch of would be dictators that like to step on the peons and downtrodden. I will wait until I see what the new Gourmet Farm looks like before I decide what I will do, go or stay.
    RaNcHeR1alpha @ us 1
  • WinnerSive (INT1)WinnerSive (INT1) Posts: 10
    edited 19.03.2014
    Paranoid or feeling guilty WinnerSive?

    Geez, I cant find any of those posts too ( all from tday btw) errr cause they were being removed??? and it was not this thread, it was happiness achieved thread started by Latten. My posts were removed from there.
    WinnerSive @ WWW 1
  • SystemSystem Posts: 106,749
    edited 19.03.2014
    Emm62 wrote: »
    For all the players saying they are quitting after their gold is spent. Why wait, your gold is wasted on your farm if you are quitting anyway. Why not donate it to your co-op, who at least can put it to good use.

    Or is it just that ... a "threat" to quit and oh perhaps I should use it on the farm in case I do come back.

    Just a question I was pondering.

    i joined a coop today.. so that i could donate my gold before quitting:) I am still here for the forums, not the game.
    It is interesting to read what ppl feel and do about this screwup, which is why i didnt just.. leave:)

    thats my reasons anyway, dont know about others:)
  • gizmo22 (AU1)gizmo22 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,720
    edited 19.03.2014
    Oops what happened there......online forum stuttering! Sorry mods, i'd fix this if I could but don't know how :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] gizmo22 @ au 1
  • Emm62Emm62 Posts: 101
    edited 19.03.2014
    ladygrail wrote: »
    i joined a coop today.. so that i could donate my gold before quitting:) I am still here for the forums, not the game.
    It is interesting to read what ppl feel and do about this screwup, which is why i didnt just.. leave:)

    thats my reasons anyway, dont know about others:)

    Hi5 for you Ladygrail :-). That's what I would do also IF I were quitting. I am in a great coop and would demolish/sell everything and donate all cash and gold.

    However, I am NOT quitting anyway. I'm none too happy about loosing and few percentages in happiness but I'll work with it.
    Emm6 @ au1
    Deputy
    The Misfits
  • diane_ascdiane_asc Posts: 1
    edited 19.03.2014
    i worked really really hard to get my main farm at -96 only to discover today that it is -81. I have a mix of decorations. I have my farm stuffed as full as it can be and cannot put another single decoration on the farms. I have spent many many dollars in real gold to develop my farm. It is so unfair to the players to do this to us. I noticed as well that i used to produce 240 corn feeds and that has been reduced as well. The developers of this game is going to lose players. It is so unfair for those of us who worked so hard and moved up the ladder to get our farms a fun place to play. I don't understand this.
    diane_asc @ us 1
  • edited 19.03.2014
    BYE G.G.S. time to find another game.:D
    ShoffnertammyUs @ us 1
  • george3 (AU1)george3 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 356
    edited 19.03.2014
    Emm62 wrote: »
    Hi5 for you Ladygrail :-). That's what I would do also IF I were quitting. I am in a great coop and would demolish/sell everything and donate all cash and gold.

    However, I am NOT quitting anyway. I'm none too happy about loosing and few percentages in happiness but I'll work with it.
    Hi Emm,
    What's happened to the mass exodus, I'm still ranked 21st & just checked you're still ranked 25th, I though we'd both be in the top 20 by now, I got another 200% gold offer this morning, bugger it's off pension week, I hope I get another 1 next week, we haven't lost anyone or are we likely to, just have wait & see what happens when they rework the food farm.
    My mass production is still making a profit, it's also a big help for Co-Op projects, so I'll leave it be for now.
    George
    george3 @ au 1

  • Emm62Emm62 Posts: 101
    edited 19.03.2014
    george38 wrote: »
    Hi Emm,
    What's happened to the mass exodus, I'm still ranked 21st & just checked you're still ranked 25th, I though we'd both be in the top 20 by now, I got another 200% gold offer this morning, bugger it's off pension week, I hope I get another 1 next week, we haven't lost anyone or are we likely to, just have wait & see what happens when they rework the food farm.
    My mass production is still making a profit, it's also a big help for Co-Op projects, so I'll leave it be for now.
    George

    Hey George.

    I know - not much movement in the ranks today. Maybe it takes time to delete an account. I too am still making okay money so all good. Few unhappy coop members, but nothing too drastic. We can all work with it. We're adaptable!

    GGS, where's my 200% offer ... still waiting and being teased with the tiddlers. Or did you give it to George instead. One of my coop members has had it 3 times!!! Feeling a bit left out I am :( and I really do want to buy some.
    Emm6 @ au1
    Deputy
    The Misfits
Sign In to comment.