Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

GGS read this

Comments

• SystemSystem Posts: 106,969
    edited 15.03.2014
    This is not really so much about things changing, as in HOW IT IS DONE. If this had come as a.. suggestion from GGS, "We screwed up, and to make the game more even ( cough) we need to make some changes. We wish to do so and so, and would like your , Our valued customers input on this.

That is not what happened. For ages people have asked for changes , like the gold block that would prevent accidental gold spending. This is apparently not possible.
    Instead GGS forcefeeds a change noone asked for, be it good or bad, it is still forced upon players, and in less than a week with no warning to boot.
    GGS depends on paying customers to survive.. they are digging their own grave yet again ( they have done this before, and had to restart).
    But it obviously pays off, and i belive it pays off because after an initial outburst, a lot of people conform obediently to the change anyway, as if GGS were the leaders.. and we, the followers.

THIS is not the reality though, WE are the ones paying the money that allows this game to live, WE are the ones PAYING REAL MONEY, to be treated like ( insert suitable ugly word here), and we are supposed to just.. eat it up?

Maybe the change itself isnt so bad, I dont know, and i dont care. IT IS HOW IT IS DONE, that is all wrong.

This is not a country, its a game, These are not our leaders ( that never care what the population thinks:P), but people that decided to make a game to earn money.. earn money on a game = make people happy to play it. ( and happy to pay for it).
    Do not think that WE MUST AGREE. WE MUST NOT!
    We pay their wages, the least they can do is do their job well, and respect us.. their employers.
  • pumpingboy (GB1)pumpingboy (GB1) Posts: 51
    edited 15.03.2014
    jojo20122 wrote: »
    Why don't all of you who are whining about how mean GGS is just relax and wait to see what this actually looks like?
    And if you are so upset over a game, then maybe you *should* go on and quit. Personally, I am really tired of all of the negativity and threats to stop spending hard-earned gold or quit.
    Just quit already!

If you read every page you will understand why players as you put it whining, they are upset about the whole issue
    and right too
    you don't have to read posts no one forces you too so if your fed up with what genuine players are saying dont read, simple`s

the whole point is players are letting GG know how they feel about the changes, i know GG don't listen as i have been there done it before - but let others have their say then just maybe GG will take on board what their players are saying
    if not i am sure it will be GG`s downfall
    thinking of profits 1st and not your customers is bad business practice
    It could be that you don't understand that , maybe you work for someone rather than working for yourself - i don't know
    but i am guessing you don't work for yourself
    A business is all about keeping customers happy and doing right by customers, if you don't they tell others of why they are unhappy
  • jojo20122jojo20122 Posts: 9
    edited 15.03.2014
    Okay, I will let GGS know how I feel about the proposed changes:

I am looking forward to them.

:D
    edited 15.03.2014
    its nice that you like them:)
    But... they are not proposed.. they will happen wether you like them or not.. GGS doesnt care what you think, sry:)
  • paultje19752paultje19752 Posts: 217
    edited 15.03.2014
    Why don't all of you who are whining about how mean GGS is just relax and wait to see what this actually looks like?
    And if you are so upset over a game, then maybe you *should* go on and quit. Personally, I am really tired of all of the negativity and threats to stop spending hard-earned gold or quit.
    Just quit already!

for players that play with running cost between 0 and -100 i dont think the update will matter so much, so i am a bit surprise on the outcome of the poll. I had not suspect that so few people would like the update but the figures are very clear i think. And i thank everyone for voting! And support i got.
    FURTHER its also very clear that the update is very bad for people who have choosen for a running cost +300% and to not use decos. this people dont have to wait what the change bring cause they know exactly how it will be for them they go to running cost +500%

this all due to a mistake of the game....ok they wanna repair but how they do it?
    they just pone on us and say he next week you will have suddenly a farm which dont work good anymore cause we give you running cost 500%

they do this without a compensation for hardworking farmers who changed there farm to how they like it.

some used gold for libery books or upgrading watertower which they needed with big production farm but certainly not now they are forced to go back in time to decorations and less cows chickens whatever.

Some build there production buildings faster cause they wanted fast a nice farm again and now few weeks later can break down again everyting.

and the building of a cowshed from lvl1 to 6 cost about 4 miljon and at breakdown we get only 1 miljon back...are they compansated for this?

THATS what this about they take our gold and farm money change the rules and we left with noting and things we not need and this only in a few weeks....a proper companie who screwed up would compensate the custumers who are hurt the most! And with this i mean give the oppertunity to downgrade watertower and give back books in return the gold!
  • dragonpridedragonpride Posts: 574
    edited 15.03.2014
    im not happy with this at all but im not changing a mother flipping thing on my farm.anyone who believes that giant load about "fair balancing" should consider this:once a person decides to to go the no deco route ggs loses big money.we stop buying blue decos,stop buying roulette tokens and stop paying for anything having to do with decorations.ggs sees this and decides oh no no this wont do i guess we have no choice but to try and bankrupt you so youll buy more decos.
    edited 15.03.2014
    sooo, i guess all those "workers" on our farms.. that walk around looking at everything, and never do any work as far as i can see ( actually i do it all myself.. mucking out to feeding and harvesting and so on), actually are GGS people... since their complaint was that.. "even if we make it as expensive as we can, we STILL do not see any decos on some farms".

Just a thought:P

i mean, any other workers i know.. would be happier with upgraded ( aka better) housing, but these guys just get grumpier....
    edited 16.03.2014
    how longer i think about the update how stupider i think it is
    Again GGS didnt think all thinks good through

much people got again the feeling the game dont care about there costumers

one of the moderaters say the update is also so that they can introduce higher decos....lets guess will it be money or gold?
    for non goldplayers this will make a bigger gap with higher levels.
    Also if i read the announcment good the change will not effectthe players between the extreem (+300% and -100%) and the -100% only change slightly. Why should this players want bigger decos more then in present situation? Only the gold players who want much productions but not 500% running cost will buy the decos... again bigger the gap between players

much production farms would be no fair in missions...lol and gold using to speed up is not? tripple lol
    so again this wider the gap because non gold spenders will have no way to make a strategy to win missions
    So basicly they say they did it to make more stratigic choices while in fact non gold players have less options!!!

i have an all producion farm and didnt have much piggys cause they worthless. I need to feed 80 piggys in the event asian. i had break down a lvl6 cow so i can have 3 piggys...it will take me about 4 days to fnish that task.....so also with full production strategic chooses have to be made....or speed it up with gold
    when i had decos i just put away some decos and placed 6 piggys and done in a day.....
  • edited 16.03.2014
    I started my farm in January and am now level 57 and that is due to the real money I spent to grow, Now your taking 1/3 of my money and I call that stealing my gold. I may plaqy but my gold buying days are over and I also play empire so I wont be spending my money on your rubies either good luck growing your games when people don.t buy. Now your happiness level is going to drop.

have a blessed nice day
    edited 16.03.2014
    1/3 of your money?? i dont understand
  • rosella792rosella792 Posts: 2
    edited 16.03.2014
    This game update is going to wreck the game experience for the members who have been playing this game for a while, I have been playing this game for over a year and have spent some money on it- I am not a huge gold buyer but it still effects me as it does everyone. I think this update is a big mistake and should not happen it will make the older members who have spent a lot of money on this game bored and leave making GGS with no good profit. This is a massive mistake that although may benefit the lower level members will wreck the higher level members playing and will not increase GGS's money but decrease. This is a bad idea for everyone and should be stopped!
  • Goodfella4Goodfella4 Posts: 432
    edited 16.03.2014
    1/3 of your money?? i dont understand

I think I understand. GGS are allowing GREED to take over their actions. When we started back in January we genuinely liked the game, so we invested true money to advance quicker, by speeding production and construction across the board. Justine's statement is directed towards the Gourmet rework. We liked what we played back in January, and the gold we invested in the current Gourmet was thought to be a solid investment because nobody knew it would go bye-bye a short time after our investments.

After the gourmet rework, buildings we invested in to speed up will be replaced, and players must start over and decide whether or not to invest gold to speed up construction and production once again. We will not be compensated for gold used on the old buildings, and Justine's statement is directed in that area. Nobody knew that this farm would be completely reworked just a short couple of months after solid investments. I completely understand her frustrations.
  • Goodfella4Goodfella4 Posts: 432
    edited 16.03.2014
    Oh, and yea... stealing.

Look what happened as soon as GGS announced the gourmet rework. Many players have halted their investments on that farm and are ANXIOUSLY awaiting the rework. Surely GGS knew of this gourmet rework long before announcing it, so they were just letting us dump our gold into the farm knowing that in a short time, It would all be changed. It is deception....

Now back to the upcoming proposed update. The happiness issue.... When my farm drops from -100% to -99%... it wont be just a slight change in a number. Oh no. Far from it. it will be extremely noticeable. Why you ask? Because WE AS THE FARMERS WONT BE HAPPY!

GGS couldn't give 2 dungs about their players.
  • KukkojakanaKukkojakana Posts: 20
    edited 16.03.2014
    "i dont like the update but it will not effect mine playing" was the best alternative, but not right either :(

I don't like the update. It will effect, but I still might buy some gold in the future. Or not.

I think I'm still newbie? Started 12/2013 and on level 62. My main goal has been -100%, just for me to have fun! And so naive I've been, that I really thought this game allows every player to choose his own strategy...

Well, I really hope GGS will cancel this "happiness"-update and let us be happy!
  • jojo20122jojo20122 Posts: 9
    edited 17.03.2014
    Deep breaths, people. Deep breaths.

Now, repeat after me: it's only a game . . . it's only a game . . . it's only a game . . .

You get the picture.
  • vapeevapee Posts: 6
    edited 17.03.2014
    This is the third farm game for GGS the others just disappeared. They want everybody to spend gold on the books and water tower to increase production. Then they will increase it to 1000%
  • dragonpridedragonpride Posts: 574
    edited 17.03.2014

Now, repeat after me: it's only a game . . . it's only a game . . . it's only a game . . .

You get the picture.
    its only countless hours of time and real money that their trying screw us out of...its only countless hours of time and real money that their trying to screw us out of.....
    edited 17.03.2014

You get the picture.

its only a game where i spend hours and money on

its same like a car but if the company replace a nice car with one that you not like you would complain to...
    edited 17.03.2014
    good compariosn... rent a lamborghini, and get a skoda? :)
  • MirahhMirahh Posts: 77
    edited 17.03.2014
    My goal has been full 100% too. I know it is (was) possible.
    I was hoping that i can reach full happiness in all my 3 farms some day. It takes time and dollars. I have time, no dollars, and even less dollars after the update. And no goal anymore. I am also a newbie, level 47, good co' op and friends. I was enjoying the game.
    Here is what Latten answered to me When i wrote my firs post about the update:

"Again: You won't notice a huge difference at all - It will be noticable if you get very close to 100%, or if you discard decoration completely. If you're not in these areas, you will even have a notable push in Happiness."

I am not stupid, i will see the differense, i know numbers, i can calculate...
    edited 18.03.2014
    already 208 voters with 17,8% who like

tomorrow the update be prepaired of the messages from surprised players who dont follow the forum

if they wil vote to maybe we get 300 votes would be awesome and a good representation of what players think
  • nana28282nana28282 Posts: 133
    edited 18.03.2014
    Larino wrote: »
    Hey GGS, planning to fill all the empty spaces on this farm with decos as well. Is this about the farm you are planning us to run from now on? In that case I am prepared. THREE of my farms look like this right now and perhaps the fourth will go down the same path.

Attachment not found.

Hmmm, I guess they were penalizing you for not feeding your dog :) If your farm is still like this, add the 75 points with your dog fed and see if it goes up at all
  • Larino (INT1)Larino (INT1) Posts: 4,572
    edited 18.03.2014
    nana28282 wrote: »
    Hmmm, I guess they were penalizing you for not feeding your dog :) If your farm is still like this, add the 75 points with your dog fed and see if it goes up at all

Dog fed: -308, +2021, total 1713, running costs -96% - yes, really. Still the same :)
  • lyrachat2 (AU1)lyrachat2 (AU1) Posts: 70
    edited 18.03.2014
    First of all, i usually don't play games on the internet that require real money, i do not have alot of money and if i want a game i will go and buy one for my PS3 for under $40 and i won't have to spend another penny to enjoy online play and c0-op play wt friends, these internet games end up asking for more and more like GGS is in the process of doing and if i was stupid enough to play like they want me to, i would spend way over $40 as i have already done on this game...the appeal to me of these games is to be able to play for free...especially on a Beta game. i played another one last year and got burned when they announced they were finally done in Beta and selling the game to a social site exclusively and we could all move our game or lose our investment, actually this has happened twice now that i think about it. but my point is people play the games because they can play for free, that is how you get so many players of all ages, and when the game is good they tell everyone they know to join and play and if the game is good people who want to get special things that not really required but make the play more fun spend money on the game, as i did, i wanted the special decos, and the gold given by the game wasn't enough, but i refuse to buy gold and play games that pretty much make you spend real money to play... like i said i have a game system that gives me better games and better graphics for far less money, and it is really a disappointment that again for a 3rd time i'm getting screwed out of quite alot of money i have spent on THIS game which i am seriously addicted to and have played daily for close to a year, all because they a slowly turning it into an all cash game...i agree lately all the upgrades have been just for gold buying players and now that they have added all those "cheats" for cash players they feel the need to change the basic structure of the game to accommodate those advantages. sadly if i HAVE to spend gold to play this game, i will have to quit paying.
    edited 18.03.2014
    already 208 voters with 17,8% who like

tomorrow the update be prepaired of the messages from surprised players who dont follow the forum

if they wil vote to maybe we get 300 votes would be awesome and a good representation of what players think

hophop after update 21 more votes almost all no likes
  • Adriene12Adriene12 Posts: 32
    edited 18.03.2014
    I will no longer buy gold, Just a rough guess I have spent almost 300.00 in gold if not more. So as of today I will buy no more gold. This is not right. I usally read and not reply, but now is the time to reply for what is right
  • jaystarr2jaystarr2 Posts: 1,657
    edited 18.03.2014
    I have a community bonfire worth +80 on my farm.

My farm is currently at 72%. Removing the bonfire drops it to 58%.

What?
    edited 18.03.2014
    LOL???? and add it if you have 83.. and get maybe 87...

i dont think logarithmic curves is quite the thing for a game like this.. we arent all mathematicians...
  • Al Dente (US1)Al Dente (US1) Posts: 5
    edited 18.03.2014
    Was there alcohol involved in this decision ?

. . . or are you just trying to drive people back to game name removed . (Buy a pc disc game once is sounding better and better)
  • Nickelplated (US1)Nickelplated (US1) Posts: 25
    edited 19.03.2014
    No alcohol, its just plan and simple GREED. No hidden meaning or thoughts, just plain and simple. They did not like the fact that they were not getting REAL money for many on the top players so they had to change the rules. And why not punish ALL players as a bonus in the process. Think of it like taxes, that is really all the happiness is anyway.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file