Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

GGS read this

paultje19752paultje19752 Posts: 217
GGS i think its now time to take your costumers seriously and listen to what they say.
i talked to a lot of coop leaders and we say no to this update!!!

its your choise take us serious or heading you game to a cliff and a point of no return!

we asked you many times to make a way to stop accidently spending gold but you refuse

now this change with running cost will effect gold buyers with big production farms even more.....we made our decisions in what we accept in running cost and what not ....you can not just change the rules in the middle of the game and leave us for stupid behind..we spend time and real money in our farms to go without decos...accept this strategy and dont force us to go back to the beginning of a farm with production and decos this is for us a step back and not forward.
Post edited by paultje19752 on

Comments

• apple444apple444 Posts: 1
    edited 13.03.2014
    I like this game but I will not spend serious money to play it. I consider it a good social exchange but again I will not spend serious money just to keep up with the changes
  • tronixmart2tronixmart2 Posts: 8
    edited 13.03.2014
    GGS I own my own business so I understand that, as a business, you are trying to maximize your profits. But if you use the most successful browser or game apps as a model for success, you will notice that the developers of those games never tried to achieve success by forcing the players of their game to spend more and more money in order to play it. In fact, they did everything to please their players and to minimize the amount of money that is spent in order to popularize the game with the masses. It's this popularity that has allowed them to maximize their profit margins by having advertisers begging to spend top dollar in order to advertise on their game. I agree with Paultje19752 that recently, you've seemed to focus on creating upgrades to the game that focuses on players spending more money instead of less. This is a poor business model because it will eventually cause more and more players to leave the game because they can no longer afford to play it because of the high expense. The best business model for game developers is to focus on bilking advertisers out of their profits instead of going after the game players who are the ones who will make or break your game's popularity. Take this advice and forgo this nonsense and start trying to make your game more popular instead of focusing on trying to make all of your money off of your players.
  • ange742ange742 Posts: 12
    edited 13.03.2014
    I as a fellow co op leader am not upset about this update. I read the whole post and to my understanding this will benefit the lower level players as the ratio will be more balanced. Happiness will be higher in the initial stages. This will help my lower level members to make more money and grow much faster so they can help more later on in the game. This will also give us higher levels a challenge to cut the bordem. This update does not worry me in the slightest as I have more than enough money to cover whatever little costs this may add to my game. A co op is a team and the more even we are the better it is as a whole.
  • rie222rie222 Posts: 1,074
    edited 13.03.2014
    I agree i'm not spending another penny...neither is anyone in our coop. We are no longer a gold spending coop.
  • Larino (INT1)Larino (INT1) Posts: 4,572
    edited 13.03.2014
    Cannot give a toy to a child only to take it back and replace by a smaller toy because the big one was too much. Shouldn't have given it in the first place.
    You cannot reverse what you have already run, GGS, that is wrong towards the old players. And like I said before, you are focusing on the newbies, I understand. But I learned that that is the most stupid thing a business can do. Do not let go of the customers you have to get new ones. They are your reliable source of income - the newbies are still too new to spend gold regularly. They may buy some, but then opt out soon enough. If you would go for a stable source of income by keeping the old customers happy, you would have more money for promoting the game, get more newbies, grow them into reliable customers as well and have even more income. You will not be able to live from only the gold bought here and there by an ignorant newbie - they will learn soon enough it is stupid to buy gold for a game that has gone wrong...
  • amaprincess1 (US1)amaprincess1 (US1) Posts: 636
    edited 13.03.2014
    What kind of clown circus front office does GGS have? Seriously, what a bunch of imbeciles. Kill the March 18th update and apologize to your offended customers at once. Then fire the moron responsible for it. Otherwise you are cutting the head off of what was once a very promising business endeavor.
  • kennetha3kennetha3 Posts: 57
    edited 13.03.2014
    well we all started at the same place, for those of us who are farther in the game dont punish us for that. Thats part of the game focusing on a mission that alot of us has accomplished. And you shouldnt change the rules in the middle of a game. You should have told that going deco free was not in the cards for this game. For those just starting great for you but those of us thats worked hard to get to where we are shame on you. PLEASE dont ruin it for those of us who are farther along. We worked so hard to get here.
  • monica79538monica79538 Posts: 1,932
    edited 13.03.2014
    Paultje1975--Can you add a poll to this thread? it would have to be in the first post as an edit. You are spot on with your words of disgust and I think other people are just as upset.
    I am getting a headache now and I might not be on for a few days if it gets bad.
    I might try playing game name removed for a few days and see if any of my friends have gone there.

REALLY disappointed in you GGS. There are no words to fully explain my outrage. Shame on you GGS. April Fool's jokes are funny ONLY on 1 April, not 2 weeks before.

Post edited by Kat Nip
    edited 13.03.2014
    Hey GGS, planning to fill all the empty spaces on this farm with decos as well. Is this about the farm you are planning us to run from now on? In that case I am prepared. THREE of my farms look like this right now and perhaps the fourth will go down the same path.

Attachment not found.
    edited 13.03.2014
    I actually played 6 months before i ever bought gold. That is the way its with your new players. Dont take away from the members that has helped to get you to this awesome game.Dont make it a has been.
    edited 13.03.2014
    I am with you Paul as so many will follow
    edited 13.03.2014
    anje seriously??? It isn't going to benefit anyone. lower levels will suffer this update all the same. Don't buy into what GGS told you. We will all need 200% more happiness on the farm everyone. That is insane. Even lower levels eventually will be upper levels!! Hello!
  • SaraGamer642SaraGamer642 Posts: 1
    edited 13.03.2014
    We used to plan for our co-op and our farm and change the strategy some times and it made the game more interesting but with these changes every day it’s only click and click and make money that I don’t know where I can spend them anymore. I spend a lot of gold already.
    sara
    edited 13.03.2014
    ange742 wrote: »
    I as a fellow co op leader am not upset about this update. I read the whole post and to my understanding this will benefit the lower level players as the ratio will be more balanced. Happiness will be higher in the initial stages. This will help my lower level members to make more money and grow much faster so they can help more later on in the game. This will also give us higher levels a challenge to cut the bordem. This update does not worry me in the slightest as I have more than enough money to cover whatever little costs this may add to my game. A co op is a team and the more even we are the better it is as a whole.

Yes, you are totally right. Newbies will benefit from this update. UNTIL they reach higher levels and go towards -100%. Because it is not -100% any more! It will be -99% or even less, although it will probably still show -100%. I wonder how much we will be paying while we 'grew up' with spending nothing except for seed costs. As I said, once you gave something, you cannot take it back. Then shouldn't have given it in the first place.
  • jaystarr2jaystarr2 Posts: 1,657
    edited 13.03.2014
    I'm all for the non-spending of gold in protest, but I think it's important to keep track of what the protest is about. (Also, if you're going to boycott gold, make sure you don't organize it in a thread in case it gets locked by CMs.)

On the forums, pretty much every weekly update involves some sort of new gold-grubbing scheme, and then some trivial pittance that nobody asked for to "benefit" the non-golders. I'm not a huge golder (I've only bought twice) but it is REALLY telling when even the biggest golders on the game think that something is wrong with the game that is designed to benefit them. This is probably a case of too much crap, too soon.

Larino's farm is awesome.
  • WulwinaWulwina Posts: 54
    edited 13.03.2014
    Innovation is the Key in any business. But it has to be translated into saleable and or needed products or services, or there’s no Basis for Business or Basis for Business Growth.
    You are not innovating, you are not growing, you are just fixing your original mistakes.

Your lack of professionalism, management and respect for your customers is overwhelming and is making your customers upset. Respect me as a person, respect me as a player, respect my money that didn't grow on trees. I worked hard for it.

Think about it very seriously because we are also thinking about it very seriously. Your are on a disadvantage because the majority of your players are adults and many professionals. Never underestimate your customers, remember, this is not a children's game and WE ARE NOT CHILDREN!!!
    Respectfully
    Wina
  • amaprincess1 (US1)amaprincess1 (US1) Posts: 636
    edited 13.03.2014
    Larino wrote: »
    Hey GGS, planning to fill all the empty spaces on this farm with decos as well. Is this about the farm you are planning us to run from now on? In that case I am prepared. THREE of my farms look like this right now and perhaps the fourth will go down the same path.

Attachment not found.

BWAAAAHAHAHA!!! I think I'll join you but instead, clear out everything but the dog.
  • randy60 (US1)randy60 (US1) US1 Posts: 66
    edited 13.03.2014
    rie222 wrote: »
    anje seriously??? It isn't going to benefit anyone. lower levels will suffer this update all the same. Don't buy into what GGS told you. We will all need 200% more happiness on the farm everyone. That is insane. Even lower levels eventually will be upper levels!! Hello!

You should go and read Latten's post Again Hello!
  • dahow92dahow92 Posts: 2
    edited 13.03.2014
    I have worked hard to build my farm since September 2013. I couldn't spend too much time I loved this game that much. Since the first of 2014 this game has become harder and harder to enjoy and find a reason to get on here and play. Promise of new game play that I am looking forward to keeps being put off. The only additions to the game is for the developer side ( money) not the game player. The ones who have stayed with the game has had to figure out how to keep the game fresh for themselves and co-op leader have a ruff time keeping people active in their co-ops. Now with this new update this is more of an issue than before. I left an other popular Farm game that I put a lot of time and money into when it became anything but fun. Big Farm is feeling like a repeat experience instead of a better farm game that I thought Big Farm was.
  • Cyndi33 (US1)Cyndi33 (US1) US1 Posts: 18
    edited 13.03.2014
    No support for GGS.
  • monica79538monica79538 Posts: 1,932
    edited 13.03.2014
    Thx for adding the poll. I think it is worded fairly. I did not hesitate to "I really Not like and will stop playing".

This game has become something I am struggling to continue playing and this update will push me out the door. You take away our beautiful farms and leave us with a farm that is unmanageable unless we go to one extreme or the other. So tired of all this nonsense.
  • Foxenas (US1)Foxenas (US1) Posts: 9
    edited 13.03.2014
    So, GG, with such updates as you been running, how soon you think you will start loosing customers in strades?
  • edited 13.03.2014
    awwwwww , plz GGS , don't do this , we were havin a lot of fun here , we waited n waited for farm4 u had promised n then , WHAM took that idea away , I had saved a lot of my decors for this farm , had high hopes for it , n now they sit in storage waitin n waitin ....I have been playin for a yr . n I love it I have abandon ALL my other games n only play this one , I was spendin a lot of gold n u took the Gift Card privileges away n have to find other means in which to buy gold but with this new idea of yours don't think I will look anymore...MY CO-OP is #1, n will celebrate its first yr Mar.18th plz plz make it a Happy Birthday n NOT a sad one.......dede
  • Ghatak (US1)Ghatak (US1) US1 Posts: 4
    edited 14.03.2014
    I think the next update after this will be,GGS will ask for our credit cards.I like this game but I am loosing interest from the last few months.All its updates are coming for the people who can spend lots of money to buy gold.I buy gold occasionally but I think with this update I will have to spend more gold to buy the same happiness level.GGS why do you want to kill the Golden Goose when its regularly laying a golden egg.I totally agree with paultje1975.You cant take back whatever you have given to the players in the first place.I think this update is going to backfire on GGS because there are lots of unhappy players with this coming update.They will loose interest and will eventually quit.GGS its time to take a second look at this update.In order to make the workers happy which are because of the players playing this game you are compromising the happiness of the players.
  • pop1pop1 Posts: 341
    edited 14.03.2014
    Just to agree with you all about not changing the rules in the middle of the game. It's frustrating not because of the low or high cost according to what angle you're looking at it, but because until now achieving -100% was a high goal, worth striving for. Numerous hours of gameplay, buying gold or not (whatever a player chose) only to reach zero running cost. To achieve a goal that the game itself promoted and advertised in so many ways.
    On the other hand, a decoration free farm of +300%, again a player's choice, was an option the game provided.
    For the past weeks it's been nothing but gold selling recipes, a vague promise of new exciting things in the far future and all of the sudden, taking apart bit by bit the game as we knew it. Change is good only if it adds or promotes what has been. And the game as it is, definitely needs renewal, but not by interferring or messing up with the basic features.
    More and more there's an almost obsessed effort of selling gold or gold items but nothing 'new and exciting' to compensate with. The new expert event decoration is a mild disappointment, lacking inspiration and happiness value. Not to mention the withdrawn option of repeating the event tasks for a chance to win a second decoration ....
    Still,sowing the same crops again and again, harvesting, collecting the same over and over. Stocking up identical decorations, little soldiers in a row. Getting bored. My cooperative it's the only reason i'm sticking with the game. Even the anticipation of the renewed gourmet farm is starting to look bleaker, in fear - not excitement - of what's coming.
  • Goodfella4Goodfella4 Posts: 432
    edited 14.03.2014
    Aaaaaaand Of course..... Not a single mod or CM to be found. They are hiding in the corner with their heads between their knees. Rocking to and fro...

Think, darn you, Think!

My personal favorite is how CM keeps tellin us how they come up with these brilliant ideas from user feedback. LOL... Whoops, that cant be right.
  • edited 14.03.2014
    Out of the 7 people who have so far voted that they like the update, I see comments from 2 or 3 here in the thread. Are the others unbiased individuals such as the CM's and perhaps an Accountant or two who has snuck on to vote?
    edited 14.03.2014
    lololololol good point undertaker!!!! didn't think of that!
  • Sophie423 (US1)Sophie423 (US1) Posts: 57
    edited 14.03.2014
    This is not the time to try and turn back the clocks, players have invested too much time and money. You cannot change a major aspect of the game like happiness, and implement a 'pigeonholing' concept, then expect players to happily accept these new rules. It has all been said by several players (and very well), and not much more can be added.
  • Mabry (US1)Mabry (US1) US1 Posts: 3
    edited 14.03.2014
    GGS, this is not the first time you have killed the goose that lays the golden egg. Farmfever comes to mind .(This seems to be your goal with this update). Those players shut you down because they were tired of being used, and never being heard.
    Everyone plays by the rules you set forth in this game. It's just wrong to start a game and change rules mid stream.This game is getting too one sided. All these great upgrades we hear about and everyone of them to only help GGS. Now it comes with pop ups too.
    It's bad when you start to fear and upgrade instead of being excited about it. It would be great to have it swing to the players (gold/no gold) side for a change.
    We have asked for small things for a long time, Like and undo button or a confirm button when using gold, so it isn't spent by mistake. But it never happens.
    It doesn't take a lot to keep people happy. But to take something away that you started and some people depend on, is a game killer.
    I think it's great that you make money from selling gold. You have costs too. But it isn't right to hang the people that spend this real money, out to dry. You sure need to rethink this update.
    Keep your players "happy"!

Mabry @us1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file