Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Update 18.03. - Happiness achieved

Comments

• draas2draas2 Posts: 21
    edited 13.03.2014
    this is some bullcrap; absolutely ridiculous. just because folks have found a way to play the game according to a different logic doesn't mean that GGS should change the logic of the game to punish folks who think outside the box. sure, there is icing on every cake. but the batter to this one is made of bad ingredients. this update not only unduly punishes production farms, but also places a higher impetus to buy gold decorations. keep your happiness GGS; i'm not falling for it.

Best,

draas
  • Griffith (INT1)Griffith (INT1) Posts: 768
    edited 13.03.2014
    so wrong it was our choice to go to 300% now GGS set us to 500%!!!!

that's wrong, +300% was the only choice so its not choosing any reasonable person would go for 300% gradually and that is sad cause i like the deco i have in my farm and dont wanna reach a point where i have no choice but to remove them all.
    now with this update one can choose to have a deco farm with -25% for example or go for +500% farm. cause both will be good if you know how to do it.
  • george3 (AU1)george3 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 411
    edited 13.03.2014
    :( The word Happiness should not be used in the next update, But "who killed the goose that lay's the golden egg", +500%, will make it impossible for me to continue to play, if this update is designed to get rid of players who have mass production farms, it seems you've backed a winner, so what if a few 100 players stop playing, you must have 1000s more waiting to replace us.
    Whoever thought this was a good idea, maybe thinking is not one of their strong points.
    I'll finish Asian event & go back to alternative game removed
    Thanks GGS for destroying something I really enjoyed.
    Not a happy farmer
    GeorgeX(

Post edited by Kat Nip
  • GreenSceneryGreenScenery Posts: 10
    edited 13.03.2014
    so wrong it was our choice to go to 300% now GGS set us to 500%!!!!

It's your choice to run your farm, however you choose to run it. If this game had implemented the 500% value from the start, none of you would be complaining like you are now. You would have accepted the fact that 500% was the bottom, instead of 300%, and never known a difference. Well, maybe you would have decided not to play so deep in the red, but to each his own playing style.

Games are supposed to be fun, if you aren't having fun, find a new game. It's really simple.
  • cariberrycariberry Posts: 87
    edited 13.03.2014
    i think it probly will be good because they are making it so happyness is alittle easyer for lower levels and even if your high happyness and have tons farmbucks why be mad because it costs a small price to do a production i meen i got to -91 happyness and my chickens were 2 farm bucks seems small thing be mad on lowbies are forever broke because happyness is so low on thier farms
  • mork2262mork2262 Posts: 15
    edited 13.03.2014
    I wondered why GGS were trying to entice me to buy more gold at +200% and now I know why. Gonna use my current gold to get my co-op 4-6 new members, then I'm off.

All my farms at 100%, had enough of this meddling. (regular gold buyer)
  • Tonia2 (INT1)Tonia2 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 45
    edited 13.03.2014
    I have been playing under 3 months and I have a question for older players. How often do basic rules of this game change??( I ask because this is a strategy and when I started it was clear that happiness is important. So I invested money in gold houses etc. to get that -100% (at least on the main farm). Now it seems that can be changed in a week and all my time and money is spent for nothing.
    And it would be nice to know how much is that "you will hardly notice that" actually be.
    Achivement is a good idea, but can somebody do something about the eggs. They are reduced to 1/4 but the achivement number stayed the same. With this number I will never reach another level.
  • brendan772brendan772 Posts: 1
    edited 13.03.2014
    this update sux and you might be getting people leaving the game cause of it...not happy :(
  • paultje19752paultje19752 Posts: 217
    edited 13.03.2014

Games are supposed to be fun, if you aren't having fun, find a new game. It's really simple.

you so right on this one
    much of the big production farms are gold buying players and i know already very much who gona stop this game cause its no fun anymore

so yes ggs wanted to get ride of the big producion farms and will succeed but they forget that a large % will stop playing or at least wil not use gold anymore

i really hope there are enough so that ggs will feel it in there bankaccount ..guess what happens then
    edited 13.03.2014
    i dont understand why some ppl complaining about not reaching -100%. all of you will be at 99.999999999999% its a limit formula which reaches -100% in infinite as simple as that. so the big difference is just literally 1% cost! you can still easily manage like 90%. but its now like the more you get close to 100 it gets harder, and 100 itself is impossible = infinite total happiness.
  • woepsawoepsa Posts: 26
    edited 13.03.2014
    New achievements: nice.

Happiness change: personally i don't care, i don't aim at 100%, and the change to non-extreme happiness will not be much. I'm also neutral about the reasoning behind the change. But after reading post #21 and #30 i think it is very amateurish to implement this change all of a sudden. Why not give players a long notice? You majorly screwed up tippy's and bobs game...
  • Darlo (US1)Darlo (US1) US1 Posts: 1
    edited 13.03.2014
    Out of 63 posts I have read, only 5 support the changes to happiness. Does this say anything to you? Do you even read the posts, or care what people who play the game have to say? I think it would be smart to listen to players who have spent money and time on this game. From the sounds of it, people are very frustrated and a lot are ready to leave the game entirely. From a business point of view, you may find yourselves hurting. You're not the only game in town!
  • edited 13.03.2014
    Unlike some players, I have an actual gold budget. I purchase every 2 weeks like clockwork.

Currently, All my farms have 97 - 100% happiness. IF you increase 300% - 500% happiness, this means Without increased spece to work within, we will have to greatly increase the Joy. In my case - as with many players - I have balanced 70's joy decos with others in the 40 range - which I have paid for with gold. The only way to obtain higher joy is to throw away all that I have paid for & replace with even more costly 70's joy decos.

I was content to get out my checkbook, because I felt it was a worthwhile investment. So far, all of your changes are geared towards motivating more gold purchases. IF you follow through, I will leave BigFarm & go to back to alternative gaming options... & be certain my voice is heard through Facebook & any other avenue I can think of.

You've become mercinary in your approach... sad because many of us have been happy to pay... Within Reason! X(
    edited 13.03.2014
    Darlo wrote: »
    Out of 63 posts I have read, only 5 support the changes to happiness. Does this say anything to you? Do you even read the posts, or care what people who play the game have to say? I think it would be smart to listen to players who have spent money and time on this game. From the sounds of it, people are very frustrated and a lot are ready to leave the game entirely. From a business point of view, you may find yourselves hurting. You're not the only game in town!

exactly like "woepsa" said this update dont affect normal players at all.
    and the extremists who already had +300% now has a choice to whether go to +500% or demolish and put event decos and go to -25% based on the lvl of production building they had. and for extremists of -100% they will reach -99%!
    the only downside of this change might be like "woepsa" said that there was no long notice about it.

you guys are just getting the idea of new formula wrong i think.
    the optimum point for profit was +300% only!
    now its 2 choice, +500% (no deco) or -25 to -50%(with deco) !
  • tronixmart2tronixmart2 Posts: 8
    edited 13.03.2014
    I get what this is REALLY about. It has nothing to do with what GGS perceives to be "correct game play". But it has everything to do with, once again, forcing all players to buy more of your high value decorations with gold to place on your farm to keep your running costs down so that GGS makes even more money. I, for one and I represent the masses, when I say that if this change goes through you can say goodbye to my business and me spending my time and money to play this game. I am sick and tired of this company making too many money making changes for their greedy selves and not considering the feelings of the players playing this game. I don't mind spending the money but don't try to force my game playing strategy. People don't change their farms over night into a full production farm. It takes a lot of time, effort, and money to do so. And now you want them to spend even more time, effort and money to switch their farm back just because you don't agree with it? My friend, if this change goes through, you will see a tremendous drop in your game players. I will have no part of it.
  • monica79538monica79538 Posts: 1,932
    edited 13.03.2014
    <Gosh still here--Not a bad dream. Seriously.>
    The people that have chosen to support their co-op by mass producing are probably already close to or past the +300 mark and closer to +500. Putting a few decos and add a few houses to have the workers and happiness goes bad quick.

I had doubts about this scenario when it was first introduced as a stratedgy, but I decided it was not for my style of play. I was comfortable with where I was at and have no energy to go this route. But now with this new happiness level thing--Geez.

I USED to enjoy reading the update notes and looking forward to what was around the corner for the game. I don't want more updates if we ask for fixing the flat tire and GGS buys a new car that falls apart. Seriously consider what your players are saying before you come up with garbage again.
  • Dream-Baby (NL1)Dream-Baby (NL1) NL1 Posts: 4
    edited 13.03.2014
    Griffith wrote: »
    exactly like "woepsa" said this update dont affect normal players at all.
    and the extremists who already had +300% now has a choice to whether go to +500% or demolish and put event decos and go to -25% based on the lvl of production building they had. and for extremists of -100% they will reach -99%!
    the only downside of this change might be like "woepsa" said that there was no long notice about it.

Where do you get the -99% from??? I've read the announcement all it said is that there won't be any more -100% For all we know they are going to limit it to -85%. They haven't denied that and as they changed the +300% to +500% all options are open to how they are going to punisch those who keep there farm at that level to help out there Co-op. Something the GGS promoted when I first started.
    Perhaps they have all been taken over by money greedy aliens when we weren't looking as lately everything seems to revolve about wanting to make us spend more Gold on item's and other things.
    I started to play this game because the other farm game I had just quit got to focust on having me spend real money.
    Sad to see that GGS has lost sight of the joy of the gamer and are to much obsessed with there bank account.
    Currently I had a hard time spending real money because of bills, if they don't get there act together fast even winning the lottery won't make me drop a buck on them. :{
  • SANDRAUser602SANDRAUser602 Posts: 131
    edited 13.03.2014
    newbies don't understand right off because the game says buy houses, so after your broke it says but deco's to even out your happiness.....thier teaching you to buy gold right off, and if your "lost in space" somewhere you won't see it!
  • paultje19752paultje19752 Posts: 217
    edited 13.03.2014
    you guys are just getting the idea of new formula wrong i think.
    the optimum point for profit was +300% only!
    now its 2 choice, +500% (no deco) or -25 to -50%(with deco) !

you dont understand it at all

the 300% was not an optimum point with 300% the main farm gives hardly no profit at all
    cause it cost almost as much as you get. but people did for a coop and to have a REAL farm with animals and not a crapy farm with nonsaying decos

with 500% it cost so much that a farm will not get enough money to survive so we are forst to break down cowshed and houses and loose our invested money and time in it.

some even used gold to upgrade them faster...and now a few weeks later we are forced to delete them again..

GGS have no idea what thy did but they will notice it
    edited 13.03.2014
    Dream-Baby wrote: »
    Where do you get the -99% from??? .... :{

ever heard of the word Logarithm? if yes then you understand, if not then i cant explain.
    and you guys all whining, wait and see the update first then judge, i might be wrong yea, but from what i read from update and latten's reply on this thread, this new formula will be very much better than the current one, in which if you dont already know, -100% happiness or any minus happiness range at all on main farm for example equals stupidity only in high lvls.
  • mork2262mork2262 Posts: 15
    edited 13.03.2014
    mork2262 wrote: »
    I wondered why GGS were trying to entice me to buy more gold at +200% and now I know why. Gonna use my current gold to get my co-op 4-6 new members, then I'm off.

All my farms at 100%, had enough of this meddling. (regular gold buyer)

Yep, Im leaving. I do need an experienced player to take over running the co-op (woodgate farm). We are top20 on EN1, loads of good active players. Send me a message, make the application interesting, others will be choosing you. Only level 70 and above please.
  • Celissa9 (US1)Celissa9 (US1) Posts: 82
    edited 13.03.2014
    Woo Hoo!!! A new pack of achievement stickers...exactly what no player has been clamoring for in updates. I am 45 and don't give a flying fig about stickers. I don't know who is steering this company, but here's a little insight from a loyal player...you are sending this company straight toward a cliff. I have no problem buying gold to support a game, but this just has the absolute reek of yet another money grab. So, a very small percentage of players have no decos on their farms. You honestly believe if you change the position of the goalposts (so to speak), that you will encourage these players to actually buy decos??? They will just leave the game, pure and simple. It just isn't fun playing this game any longer. Someone at GGS has a seriously warped sense of game development.
  • GGUserGGUser Posts: 1
    edited 13.03.2014
    I'm sure G.G.S. has the technical crew and the know how to create a pop up voters poll on farmers / players screens... tally the suggestions players are still giving regardless of they're concerns and set-up a voters poll so we the players can entice you to grab a few of our suggestions to actually improving the game we play... we do not mind every now and then owning up to G.G.S. current standards but we would like to be given an incentive instead of being charged to be here.. i'm just a starter playing the game my way to my choices but i can truly see that an impact is about to be made.. every single newcomer to this game walks into these forums and like myself get a complete warning sign stuck in they're faces...

your choice G.G.S.

make it or break it.. there was a movie called "gladiator" in one scene he was told by his tutor: "win the crowd..."

and i thinks its time you did just that

GGuser @ www1

help us to help you... and vice versa
  • tornadoo2tornadoo2 Posts: 23
    edited 13.03.2014
    hahahhaa..

some ppl enjoying the voucher that ggs give... to write like that posts...
    anyway we will not wait that bad verryyyyy bad update...
  • draas2draas2 Posts: 21
    edited 13.03.2014
    This decision by GGS has led me to stop buying gold altogether. If there will always be an investment cost, then it really doesn't matter how many decorations you put on your farm nor the quality of those decorations -- gold or not gold. The cost of production at 0% is not that much, and you can still make money that way. So, why bother wasting pixel space on decorations? The bounded upper limit just doesn't make sense at all to me aside from GGS desire to stick-it-to players and prompt gold buys.

This is a pity for GGS, as I was ramping up my gold use after more than six months of play.

I think this update really hurts mass production farms, which are only achieved after a lot of time and dedication. This just makes GGS look like sore losers. GGS is going to lose good, committed players with this happiness update. Either you'll lose them in the frequency of their play, their financial investment in the game, or their referral networks. I know that it is getting harder and harder for me to recommend the game to my friends with all of the gold ploys.

This update is not as clear a gold ploy as many others, but nonetheless, it really leads me to question whether GGS is interested in the players or their own incentives.
  • granof2granof2 Posts: 4
    edited 13.03.2014
    I get it. I understand how it all works. What I don't understand is why can't people play the game the way they want to? I have lots of decos (paid for with bought gold) and -100% running costs on 2 farms and that is my choice, others should have the choice to do what they want. I won't be buying any more gold. I hope to not see much change after my -100% changes. Not happy about all the time it took me to achieve that and now it will be taken away.
  • tronixmart2tronixmart2 Posts: 8
    edited 13.03.2014
    I also agree with Big Bob3's post and comments. Very well said, Bob, and thank you!!
  • granof2granof2 Posts: 4
    edited 13.03.2014
    Celissa9 wrote: »
    Woo Hoo!!! A new pack of achievement stickers...exactly what no player has been clamoring for in updates. I am 45 and don't give a flying fig about stickers. I don't know who is steering this company, but here's a little insight from a loyal player...you are sending this company straight toward a cliff. I have no problem buying gold to support a game, but this just has the absolute reek of yet another money grab. So, a very small percentage of players have no decos on their farms. You honestly believe if you change the position of the goalposts (so to speak), that you will encourage these players to actually buy decos??? They will just leave the game, pure and simple. It just isn't fun playing this game any longer. Someone at GGS has a seriously warped sense of game development.

I so agree!!!!!
  • cedie3 (US1)cedie3 (US1) US1 Posts: 183
    edited 13.03.2014
    If a handful of top players run their farms at +300%, why not deal with them directly? Why make a change that impacts the entire Big Farm Community is a slightly less than 100% positive manner?
  • Dream-Baby (NL1)Dream-Baby (NL1) NL1 Posts: 4
    edited 13.03.2014
    ever heard of the word Logarithm? if yes then you understand, if not then i cant explain.
    and you guys all whining, wait and see the update first then judge, i might be wrong yea, but from what i read from update and latten's reply on this thread, this new formula will be very much better than the current one, in which if you dont already know, -100% happiness or any minus happiness range at all on main farm for example equals stupidity only in high lvls.

Yes I know exactly what Logarithm is. And just so you know You are the only person mentioning it.
    The only Stupid thing here is that they honestly believe that we can't see that all they want is our money and not our enjoying there game.
    Next time when you quote somebody have the decency not to insult somebody you have never met.
    See some people like making money in game not have to pay money even to play it.
Sign In to comment.