Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

so annoyed that game has no gold safe in place....starting to hate this game now

girl farmergirl farmer Posts: 44
i have had it up to hear with this game...i just clicked on nursery to find out how many more water drops i need. then clicked on my chicken coop to harvest eggs.....guess what happened...yep...upgraded my nursery with gold....all the gold i had....why cant this game have a safe guard on it....i think i need to walk away from this game for a few weeks to find out if i even still want to play....thats 6 months worth of saving gold gone. the next event i was going to buy a gold deco but hey...not any more....i cant even stop work on nursery that i didnt want upgraded....
this game has so many slight bugs that its annoying...u can click on same spot to get different things....i click on chicken then again and get cow pen that is behind chicken coop or nursery thats in front of it or the fence....all without moving the mouse....
Post edited by girl farmer on

Comments

• sinz2sinz2 Posts: 58
    edited 08.03.2014
    that has happened to me.. the same thing but i was lucky not to have enough gold in account or i would have lost it..i have been saving up for months and months to get the workshop....and i have lost gold clicking on something and nothing happens so u click again and poof...like magic...u have either fast forwarded the item next to what u were clicking on for gold ....or in dog or nursery case upgraded for gold...( like i said i luckily didnt have enough for those 2) but i had enough to fast forward my crops because there is sometimes a lag in this game...
    if i accidently loose any more gold in this game then i walk away...when will the developers of this game start to listen to there players....we want the OPTION to have a SAFE guard in place for our gold...
  • amaprincess1 (US1)amaprincess1 (US1) Posts: 636
    edited 08.03.2014
    I don't understand why GGS is so belligerent on this issue. They would sell a LOT more gold if folks didn't have to worry about it being wasted on a misclick. I refuse to keep much on hand for this very reason. I would certainly stock up every now and then when the offer is right if I knew it wouldn't be peed away by my ten thumbs...
  • Bweatherholt (US1)Bweatherholt (US1) Posts: 359
    edited 09.03.2014
    I agree... i hurried my cabbage... YES CABBAGE!! That was already maxed anyway, Since it was during a project, It wasn't that horrible... But it was from special seeds...and it took about 100 Gold. I think GGS should listen to the people that pay them...and stop the accidental gold spending... HEY GUYS CMS MODS ANYONE OF IMPORTANCE TO GGS. WHY CANT THIS HAPPEN? Do we ever get an explanation?
  • rie222rie222 Posts: 1,074
    edited 10.03.2014
    yes latten put a explanation...something to the effect of we think that you will stop spending your gold. Look i think the only way we can get them to listen to us is if we stop spending our gold. That is it. What i do i keep a 5x5 spot on my farm just for an extra chicken coop. i build it to level 3 i tear it down...all day. This doesn't stop me from pushing things like cabbage sorry guys. BUT it does stop me from upgrading the gold mine! It stops me from upgrading the water tower to level 5 which i do not need because i produce a lot of fertilizer. It stops me from accidentally demolishing my level 6 windmill and rebuild it.
    a few weeks ago there was someone in Tech/bug who accidentally demolished his level 5 water tower (he was so gracious about it too) oh i felt so so so bad for him. He thought it was a glitch. It wasn't! That is a huge loss! I'm not sure i would even come back to the game after that.
    I have posted the Build a chicken coop suggestion before. It doesn't work for everyone. Usually only people who are on upper levels who have bought all their expansions. It doesn't save you from all the pushing gold problems. You can accidentally push the chicken coop. I haven't done it yet. But it saves you from the bigger headaches. So if you don't want to end up upgrading your mine 19k in gold or your water tower for 33.5k in gold, or if you don't want to accidentally demolish that building you waited for the architech for so long to build and pushed with gold then that chicken coop build might help. or may not. its just an idea. it helps me. happy farming.
  • MirahhMirahh Posts: 77
    edited 10.03.2014
    The game always ask: "do you really want to destroy... something" ?
    WHY there is no guestion: "do you really want to uppgrade... something (with gold)" ????
    It cannot be that difficult to add a warning about that.
    edited 10.03.2014
    no there isn't a do you really want to destroy lol..it just detroys....
  • MirahhMirahh Posts: 77
    edited 10.03.2014
    Sorry, what i mean, when you buy a new piece land. My mistake :)
    English is not my language, so o make mistakes...
  • tove999 (SKN1)tove999 (SKN1) Posts: 71
    edited 10.03.2014
    I love this game, play a lot, its fun and relaxed, but why GGS still havent put a lock on gold it total beyond me. Its the biggest flaw this game has. I havent seen any valid reasons yet as to why they wont implement that.
  • Latten (DE1)Latten (DE1) Posts: 6,246
    edited 10.03.2014
    Hey guys,

I'm pretty sure we had this topic going a few times now :)
    For now, we're not planning to add a 'simple' gold lock for multiple reasons:

Since we give out gold for free as well as offering lots of deals on it in our shop, we want it to be usable without problems. We don't want to "stop" you from actually using your gold.
    If we 'block' users from spending gold, it will not be spent. If you want to spend a little gold and you will get a warning message saying something along the lines of "Hey, are you really, REALLY sure you want to do this?", people with rather click 'no' than 'yes', just because the warning would be somewhat intimidating on a psychological basis. And, of course, we'd like players to use gold, so this would be pretty counter-productive for everyone.

Now I do see the point of a gold lock, of course, but it mostly boils down to bugs or performance issues that cause players to accidentally spend gold - and by that, I'm talking actual accidents, like misplaced clicks etc. That's surely something we are and will continue to work on. But we're trying to fix this issue where it starts - by fixing bugs, UI problems and performance issues that might cause this. If we just add a 'gold lock', we won't actually help the problem but just adding to another one.

We want players to happily use their gold without any artificial need to do so - it should be useful, or fun, or simply "worth it" to do so. By adding a 'gold lock' or other mechanics similar to that, we will make it feel not like fun, but dangerous, a risk, something you'll have to confirm multiple times or can even turn off completely, and that's a complete 180° from what we want to achieve here.

So, in less words, there won't be a gold lock for now. Feel free to discuss though, we'll be here!
  • danther2danther2 Posts: 56
    edited 10.03.2014
    Althogh I dont like it, I can understand GGS's decision. 1 Player that buys 50$ worth of gold is way more important than a 100 that dont buy gold.
    I have a practical suggstion, From what i raed and from what i exprienced most of the "accidents" are related to the "fast forward button", So I think that this button should be a dbl click button, this feature will probebly prevent most of the accidents and wont damage "the expirience of using gold".
    edited 10.03.2014
    danther2 wrote: »
    Althogh I dont like it, I can understand GGS's decision. 1 Player that buys 50$ worth of gold is way more important than a 100 that dont buy gold.
    I have a practical suggstion, From what i raed and from what i exprienced most of the "accidents" are related to the "fast forward button", So I think that this button should be a dbl click button, this feature will probebly prevent most of the accidents and wont damage "the expirience of using gold".

With this idea, we would have the problem of not having a single button that needs to be double-clicked elsewhere in the game :) Again, I see your point, but adding a completely new mechanic to the game which only applies to one single button would probably be quite hard to explain for new users.
    edited 10.03.2014
    That sounds like an excuse to me. There's a million things GGS has added with bugs. Did they remove it, no. The skyscraper is still there... The library, the dog. That sounds like an excuse Latten. Im sorry. But it does. If someone WANTS to spend gold, they will spend it. What is intimidating is deciding to spend your hard earned cash (By hard earned, I mean my husband goes in works in bitter cold, for long hours sometimes 15-16 hours a day, no where near a computer) just to see is vanish into thin air, all because GGS is worried about a bug it may cause. No one is asking for a BLOCK on gold. That would be dumb, really i understand you need money to make the game go round. I don't see where a bug is good reasoning when people are deciding to never buy again(which with the excuse given, i may jump on the wagon with them). I think a simple, would you like to upgrade, or would you like to skip this process. DONT MENTION GOLD. Just ask. Very simple but it seems GGS rather *trick* their players rather than help them.
  • tove999 (SKN1)tove999 (SKN1) Posts: 71
    edited 10.03.2014
    Thank you for answering to this thread, Latten.
    I see the points in what youre saying. I just think we should be real about what gold coins are. Sure, some of it is given to us, and thanks for that, but lets face it - the free gold doesnt come free in heaps. Its a treasure worth more than farm dollars, and should be treated like that. Like in any store, i think some of your offers are splendid (and some i wouldnt dream of buying), and i like to take advantage of the good deals. Most of my gold is bought for real cash, and i cant afford to be too casual about my economy! And sorry, but by not having a gold lock, i cant help but feel that GGS is indirectly casual about my money.
    As to bugs and stuff, wont it always be there? You clean them out, new appear.
    If we get a gold lock one day (one can only dream) of course you wouldnt choose words like "are you really really sure".. It doesnt have to be that problematic..
    edited 10.03.2014
    This is probably something we won't do, since we would actively stop our players from spending money in general - which would be a pretty weird decision for a company I see your point of course, when it comes to accidental spending, and we are still looking into this, but a general lock function for the gold is something where I'm pretty sure I can say "no, won't happen".

This was one of latten's replies in a former thread to a request to a gold lock everyone...just so you know. Its about money everyone. Not glitches....they can keep making escuses all they want. They want us to goof up. That is it.

fyi latten is the messenger
    edited 10.03.2014
    Yes, i hate to seem as though "im taking my frustration out on him" since i know that he is not the sole decision maker. It is just very aggravating that GGS could care less.
    edited 10.03.2014
    hello Bwetherholt my friend...yes very frustrating indeed. I think as their customers who spend so much here we should get what we are requesting. The customer is always right!
  • Kitty ReedKitty Reed Posts: 80
    edited 10.03.2014
    Boy you guys are right about not changing anything on this "accidental gold spending".
    I can just see them laughing every time someone begs for their gold back !!!
    These poor people that saved their gold for 6 months to buy that deco.
    Isn't that enough to make you sick ?
    We all know they can change this very easily !
    edited 10.03.2014
    Latten wrote: »
    Hey guys,

I'm pretty sure we had this topic going a few times now :)
    For now, we're not planning to add a 'simple' gold lock for multiple reasons:

Since we give out gold for free as well as offering lots of deals on it in our shop, we want it to be usable without problems. We don't want to "stop" you from actually using your gold.
    If we 'block' users from spending gold, it will not be spent. If you want to spend a little gold and you will get a warning message saying something along the lines of "Hey, are you really, REALLY sure you want to do this?", people with rather click 'no' than 'yes', just because the warning would be somewhat intimidating on a psychological basis. And, of course, we'd like players to use gold, so this would be pretty counter-productive for everyone.

Now I do see the point of a gold lock, of course, but it mostly boils down to bugs or performance issues that cause players to accidentally spend gold - and by that, I'm talking actual accidents, like misplaced clicks etc. That's surely something we are and will continue to work on. But we're trying to fix this issue where it starts - by fixing bugs, UI problems and performance issues that might cause this. If we just add a 'gold lock', we won't actually help the problem but just adding to another one.

We want players to happily use their gold without any artificial need to do so - it should be useful, or fun, or simply "worth it" to do so. By adding a 'gold lock' or other mechanics similar to that, we will make it feel not like fun, but dangerous, a risk, something you'll have to confirm multiple times or can even turn off completely, and that's a complete 180° from what we want to achieve here.

So, in less words, there won't be a gold lock for now. Feel free to discuss though, we'll be here!

I'm sorry Latten and with all due respect, this has to be the lamest response from a company that sells a product to CUSTOMERS that I have ever encountered. Maybe things work differently in Europe. Here in the States "accidentally" selling something to a potential customer is beyond unacceptable. It is sneaky and low. Especially when it obviously becomes part of a company's sales scheme.

Do you honestly think that people will believe that it is fun to accidentally spend their money on something they did not ask for or want? Seriously? Again, born at night, not last night.

VERY disappointed that you take me for an idiot.
  • Flash1 (US1)Flash1 (US1) Posts: 3
    edited 11.03.2014
    No one is asking you to block the use of gold here and you know it.
    What we would like is for the ACCIDENTAL use of gold to have a block on it... is this too much to ask for?

Of course it is... no surprise here.

"The warning would be somewhat intimidating on a psychological basis" ... Seriously Latten if we want to use gold we will, the warning would be beneficial though when we don't want to use it and have inadvertently begun an upgrade.

Please don't treat us as a bunch of fools.
  • All4Fun (US1)All4Fun (US1) Posts: 224
    edited 11.03.2014
    Latten, I have seen SEVERAL games which have a "do you want to use this or that in game currency to upgrade/buy" popup to ensure players don't use the special "buy in-game currency" and they are thriving because so many people are playing them. The fact that this topic has been brought up so many times should be an indicator that the accidental use of gold happens too much.
    edited 11.03.2014
    And, as I said, we're aware of that and consider different approaches to stop accidental use of gold. I will once again bring this to the dev team's attention once the gourmet farm update is done, 'cause everyone's up to his neck in working on that one right now ^^
  • monica79538monica79538 Posts: 1,932
    edited 11.03.2014
    Until then--the credit card stays right where it is. And I do have a little money to spend. I think at this point, I would like to invest in something other than GGS.
    I do want to buy gold, I really do. But there isn't anything that truly catches my attention--despite all the ridiculous number of primeday nonsense. I don't even think some of them are a good deal. ;( Not wasting my time even to look at them and try to see if it is a good bargain.

Totally dropping the ball.
  • All4Fun (US1)All4Fun (US1) Posts: 224
    edited 11.03.2014
    Latten wrote: »
    And, as I said, we're aware of that and consider different approaches to stop accidental use of gold. I will once again bring this to the dev team's attention once the gourmet farm update is done, 'cause everyone's up to his neck in working on that one right now ^^

Understandable
    edited 11.03.2014
    I'm pretty sure that the customer's would prefer the gold lock first and gourmet farm second. Seeing how we will building new buildings and what not. That just means more accidental spending. Which im sure that is why it will come last.

Latten, I know this isn't your fault, but talk some sense into your co workers. I have spent a lot less here lately on gold because I think the team should hear our voice. Not ONLY when it comes to in game features but when it comes to OUR money. Honestly is always key. So making excuses about why you can not provide a safe proof way about using gold, will most likely cost YOU money in the end. Not so much the customer, since they are safe proofing their money their own way.
    edited 11.03.2014
    i have to say Bweatherholt is right! you are losing customers! i have stated this before. I have had people plain out stop using gold in our coop because they accidentally upgraded that gold mine. They didn't think "oops upgraded that gold mine i better get me some more of that gold"...NO LATTEN LISTEN TO US. I worked in Business for a long time. When your customers feel cheated and robbed they will leave you and or just stop spending. If GGS doesn't want that golden paycheck from us then fine. I would do something Right now about this. Not tomorrow but today and i would stop making ridiculous excuses. Really we are not stupid. thanks.
    edited 11.03.2014
    Exactly...The upgrades are not cheap. In the long run though, I believe you'll lose more money not taking care of the situation.
  • Tylerbarnett2Tylerbarnett2 Posts: 16
    edited 11.03.2014
    gold lock wanted NOW!!! No more BS!! give us the lock. I will buy no more gold till a lock is in place.
  • OrsonOrson Posts: 17
    edited 11.03.2014
    I totally agree. I don't know how much gold I've spent that I didn't intend to spend, all because of a misplaced click. I do buy gold on occasion, as does my spouse, but lately we haven't spent a dime with GGS. I don't see that we will be spending any money in the near future, either. How many people will have to pledge to keep their wallets in their pockets for GGS to take note and do something to correct the situation?
  • plowshareplowshare Posts: 9
    edited 11.03.2014
    Don't let this issue die like it has in the past. So any people get caught time and time again "accidently" spending gold where they do not want to. All the excuses need to end and add a simple popup for spending gold. So many times you click on a spot and get unexpected results, give us the choice. Gold lock NEEDED NOW.
    edited 11.03.2014
    Boycotts are taboo and almost surely contrary to the board's TOS. People should use their own personal judgment. I won't buy because I play from a laptop and just lightly dragging my finger on the mouse pad causes a click sometimes. I would gladly buy if a lock was implemented. It's completely on GGS if they want my money. There is no explaining or excusing around the subject. They obviously feel that people will actually buy MORE gold if they blow some on a misclick. A really sad and desperate business model if you think about it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file