Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Successful farms without buying gold

13»

Comments

• montuosmontuos Posts: 1,275
    edited 10.11.2013
    Hacktred wrote: »
    Thank you for your reply. What about decorations that are available from the normal Build menu?

Have a look at this spreadsheet. To get the best bang for your buck, the column you need to pay the most attention to is h/sq (happiness per square). If you're a gold-buyer, you'll want tractors, farm signs, playgrounds, and treehouses (in order of preference). If you're limited to farm dollars, you want lakes, sheds, and ice cream trucks (again, in order of preference).

Also, anytime there's a theme event going on, the associated decorations available for purchase are usually better than the comparable normal ones. Square for square, the enchanted trees george3 mentions are actually better than the thickets, but even thickets are better than lakes.
  • Ala123Ala123 Posts: 52
    edited 04.01.2014
    Got to level 31 by scrapping pig stys and chicken coops and building 6 Cow Pens. ( Needed to make $'s and keep the SILO fueled with dung for the occasional apples for apple juice in the Gourmet Restaurant). Running Gourmet farm at +207% (Houses:-366, Decorations:+268). RUNNING COSTS cos I need two fields to optimally use my time planting onions and MIXED VEG to make Cabbage Soup that I get $27,000 for - -the most profitable route. Level 32 will give me land to build more decorations.

And this becomes obvious when you only make one or two EXPERIENCE at the WINDMILL with chicken or pig FEED but you make 14 with COW FEED ! ( A major flaw of the game )

Post edited by Kat Nip: Merged posts, please use the edit button
  • rhon (GB1)rhon (GB1) Guest, GB1 Posts: 1,542
    edited 04.01.2014
    Not sure what you are getting at Ala. But the 'best' way will vary according to the playing style of the farmer. If you only pop in briefly a couple of times a day then the the long term things may be better. But if you are here a lot, or can pop back often, then constantly running the mill with chicken feed will give far more XP than cow feed

I have 5 cow byres but only ever run cow feed at night and keep my mill constantly working mainly with chicken feed through the day. That has got me to level 103 far faster than only getting 2 runs of cow feed done in a day
    edited 23.02.2014
    Somebody needs to REALLY run the numbers on MARZIPAN ICECREAM. It takes about 3 days to make enough for one scoop in the restaurant making $280,000. And it costs well over $100,000 ! Maybe Cabbage Soup every 2.4 hours @ $34,000 is more profitable per hour ?

Making building Bakery+Dairy+Almond_Orchard superfluous !

Actually the 7xp of Cabbage Soup every 2.4 hours vs 13 of Marzipan Icecream every 3 days probably trumps anything else. ( Tho I dont know what XPs u get from butter, almond, & cream production ?)
    edited 23.02.2014
    When the windmill only offers 1 xp for corn-to-chicken feed and 2 for cabbage-to-pig-feed but 14 for wheat-to-cow-feed - - I doubt your at 103 without gold.
  • Larino (INT1)Larino (INT1) Posts: 4,572
    edited 23.02.2014
    Ala123 wrote: »
    [...]And it costs well over $100,000 ! [...]

Well actually it costs nothing if your running costs are at -100% ;) Which, seen from your gourmet farm total calculated in -200 it certainly is not at your farm, they will probably even be in +xxx%. Decorations are important!
  • Gwendolen (US1)Gwendolen (US1) Posts: 1,268
    edited 24.02.2014
    I'm at lvl 103 as well, and I did buy a bit of gold, but not much. No blue houses etc. A decoration here and there and some plots of land on main.

My friend Herbs on US1 has only used the gold the game provided him with, once neatly doubled thanks to the mine. He is at lvl 93 now and has very wellrunning farms.

Ala, I think you might want to focus less on xp and more on building a balanced farm. With your cowsheds you will not be able to finish parts of several of the events, thus not getting the big decoration. I would also advice you to work more on your happiness, -100% running costs makes a BIG difference!
  • jeet gamer farmjeet gamer farm Posts: 2
    edited 26.02.2014
    i m level 81 player
    i v used gold only 2 times

if u want to ask me something u may
  • chickenpluckerchickenplucker Posts: 2
    edited 02.03.2014
    I am at 66 and never bought gold. Use what you earn and just save up your $ for ALL your needs. If you are a patient person you can do anything on here.
    But if you must know I am cosidering buying some gold. It will male the game easier I think.
  • rie222rie222 Posts: 1,074
    edited 02.03.2014
    I would say save the gold GGS gives you freely and get the water tower and the workshop.
  • nig4x4nig4x4 Posts: 58
    edited 02.03.2014
    I've not bought any gold, I'm currently at level 78.

I think the real answer is a balanced farm with appropriate management to you style of playing.

If you can spend most of everyday playing then make sure everything, and I do mean everything, is constantly productive, if you can only play periodically then adjust to maximize production when you are absent.
  • SirGeorge (US1)SirGeorge (US1) Posts: 354
    edited 09.03.2014
    Here is an update of my farm. I have saved enough to buy a level 1 water tower.

CREAMupdate_zps608852bf.jpg
  • Mala nevolja ()Mala nevolja () Posts: 2
    edited 10.03.2014
    http://prntscr.com/2zjdc6

hahahahaha

netko bi morao u osnovnu školu naučiti izračunavati postotke :-)))))

google translator: Someone should teach in elementary school to calculate percentages :-)
  • FarmerTess (AU1)FarmerTess (AU1) Posts: 2,393
    edited 10.03.2014
    Mala

Its not 400 it is 490 and there for is -20% with the original number being struck out like that its hard to see the 9 so it looks like 400 :)
  • CM NafaruCM Nafaru Posts: 1,325
    edited 10.03.2014
    http://prntscr.com/2zjdc6

google translator: Someone should teach in elementary school to calculate percentages :-)

Hey Mala nevolja2,

i would like to congratulate you on finding a math error if there actually were one.
    BUT: what you cannot properly see due to the number being struck out is that the former price of this item is "490" and not "400" gold, so the calculations are correct.

The visibility of this number is, of course, something we will have to address in one of the next updates, as it can be quite confusing, so thank you for pointing that out. :)

Regards,
    Steffi

PS: Tess beat me to it ^^
  • Mala nevolja ()Mala nevolja () Posts: 2
    edited 10.03.2014
    My fault, is it? I need glasses :-))

Please accept my apology.
  • FarmerTess (AU1)FarmerTess (AU1) Posts: 2,393
    edited 11.03.2014
    No need to apologize at all Mala. You pointed out an area that needed to have a bit of work so that everything is visible. I say well done to you for pointing that out. :)
  • ezio auditore3ezio auditore3 Posts: 2,399
    edited 11.03.2014
    I'll upload my farm pic here when I can to show what a farm looks like that is run on a long-term (once a day) basis and I'll also show you the amazing things you can do by saving gold up :)
    edited 11.03.2014
    Here we go....... Everything circled was bought by saving gold not buying :)

goldless_zpse16dddca.png
    edited 12.03.2014
    That is pretty impressive, Ezio! Did you have any help from the mine, or is that all strictly by saving?
    edited 12.03.2014
    I'd love to say strictly saving but I did use the mine for the gold :D
  • Sweet_soumi2Sweet_soumi2 Posts: 6
    edited 12.03.2014
    yes its true.. im at level 45 and never bought gold..i always tried to manage with those gold which were given after completing each level...but now it seem very difficult to complete tasks specialy themed tasks without buying golds :(
    SirGeorge wrote: »
    I am looking for large successful farm owners that dont have any watertowers/workshops or fancy houses/decorations.

I know they are out there, I have been able to get to level 56 without ever buying gold but I have noticed it's become really difficult to expand since every upgrade is over a million dollars now.

I am looking for tips or advice from other high level players with limited or no gold use.

Thanks in advance.
  • bædibædi Posts: 12
    edited 12.03.2014
    I'm at 78 right now and never bought gold.
    edited 12.03.2014
    ...but now it seem very difficult to complete tasks specialy themed tasks without buying golds :(

Are you familiar with ss0209's General tips for all the event?
    edited 17.04.2014
    And now I have another tree house :D Bringing my grand total to around 20,000 gold on the main farm, around 4000 in different co-ops I've been in and many countless thousands speeding things up :D

So people, make a little yoga spot for yourself to save gold :D
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    This thread's last post was over six years ago.  :D

In my opinion, mine is quite good being at level 400+, winning seven CHWE/HWEs all in the highest level group, winning a WWC, winning multiple PPs, owning over 50 themed duck coops and nearly 40 themed cowsheds, winning several temporary farms and owning many nice gold buildings from saving it up and upgrading like two level 5 water towers, three level 6 handbooks and two level 8 spacious barns, all without a single in-game purchase. :) But I guess the game is very different compared to then.
  • KoStone (US1)KoStone (US1) US1 Posts: 131
    Sell your barn products, or start some market contracts.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file